Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Me, Myself And I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Me, Myself And I (728 Views)

I Am A Nigerian. I Am A Muslim. And I Am ANGRY!!! / The Yorubas Are Traitors, And I Don't Care About The Loss Of Northern Blood - As / I Am Nigeria And I am Broken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Me, Myself And I by ochiaha1(m): 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2012
Sigmund Freud, a Pyschologist who lived in the late 19th and early part of the 20th Centuries said, that every human is controlled by what he termed the ID and the Ego.The ID has to do with biological needs like food, water, sex and other things, while the Ego involves rational and cognative thinking.

Freud postulated that at birth humans are ruled by the ID, because as babies they are only concerned with biological need like food, water etc and think only of themselves (selfishness) in trying to satisfy their human cravings. This might explain why a baby will defecate and pass urine, without shame or abashment, in the presence of many people because the baby has a need that has to be met.

Freud further enthused that as a human grows from babyhood to infancy, the Ego, the area that has to do with rational thinking takes over his personality and starts acting with restraint in the area of fulfilling biological needs such as eating, egesting waste from the body and other biological issues.

The above theories clearly show that Nigerians are under the control of the ID, instead of the Ego, even after babyhood, infancy and the teenage years. The examples below will illustrate my assertion:

1. Nigerian politicians only think of themselves alone, when faced with a decision making situation, like a baby under the control of the ID. A Certain politician, Al Farook, who was asked to find out those who had bled the country dry through the dubious fuel subsidy claims; turned around to demand gratifications from those he was supposed to indict due to an alledged Governorship ambition. Me, Myself And I angry These are all attributes of a human under the control of the ID.

2. Funds are allocated for the repairs of roads, but such funds are diverted by unscrupulous politicians for their future electoral campaigns. This non-repair of the road leads to accidents, loss of lives and property, but such politicians do not care. Its the Me, Myself And I syndrome known as the ID in pyschology.

3. Officials in charge of Pension funds of retired Cilvil Servant and Military pensioniers proceeds to embezzle billions of Naira worth of such funds for himself, children and his seven generations yet unborn children. These fradulent pension officials do not care whether the old pensioners or their dependants die of hunger or it truncates their dependants educational aspirations. Its the Me,Myself And I syndrome at play again.sad

These few examples are why I stated that Nigerians are under the control of the ID. List other examples you can think of smiley
Re: Me, Myself And I by ochiaha1(m): 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
Another very mundane example of some Nigerians being under the control of the ID is where a fully grown man will, in the presence of different men and women, bring out his JT in a public place and proceed to pass out the waste product in it without any qualms if he is being watched or not smiley
Re: Me, Myself And I by koolnd: 6:32am On Mar 20, 2018
The Ego and the Id in Sigmund Freud: A Philosophical Examination

In the light of this, Sigmund Freud in his psychoanalysis, sought to explain how the unconscious mind operates by proposing that it has a particular structure. He proposed that the mind or soul (self) is divided into three parts: the Ego, the Superego, and the Id. The Id could be likened to the desiring part (appetites) but...

http://www.scharticles.com/the-ego-and-the-id-in-sigmund-freud-a-philosophical-examination/

(1) (Reply)

People Play Politics with Everything,I Didn't Abandon My Responsibility- GEJ / Breaking News: GEJ Sacks Management And Board Of NNPC / Jonathan To Send Birth Control Bill To National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.