Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,926 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:38 AM

Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . (8530 Views)

Security Tips For This Yuletide Period / Security Tips For Everyone / Automobile Security Tips : Gps/gsm/online Car Tracking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2012
When you are on your way back at night, say between 11pm and 12am and you get to a traffic light or you get into traffic jam aka hold up, and then someone hits your car from behind, pls do not come down to access the damage. It might just be a ploy to dispossess you of your car immediately you step down.

When you are in heavy traffic, avoid displaying your phones or laptop bag where it can easily be seen. Endeavour to wind your windows up if you can't hide your items. I personally put my bag on the floor of the car and switch my phones off most times.

If you are in an unfamiliar territory, endeavour not to park your car in a lonely street, look for a busier one.

If you use car parks, do not leave valuables in your car where they'll be visible, thereby tempting someone to break in.

When driving home at night and you have left the highway and approaching your house, always use your back view mirror to determine if you are being followed by another car. If you notice you are being followed, change your course. Do not make the mistake of going straight home, or passing through a lonely street. You might be followed home and robbed eventually.

If on approaching your house, and you notice strange people hanging around, drive pass and make some necessary calls. They might just be robbers waiting to follow you into the house.

It's late at night, your gen is on, and then for no reason it goes off. Pls stay indoors. Many at times, people have been robbed when they come out to check what's responsible for the gen tripping off.

When in a beer parlour or eatery or whatever joint, do not reveal too much of your self either by phone call or mere chit chat with your friends. . . You never know who might be listening.

Drop yours.

15 Likes

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by ayobase(m): 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2012
-And for the pedestrians at night, always look back at intervals.
-Dont be used to leaving ur windows' or doors' curtains opened.
-U can leave you radio set switched on when ur environment is becoming suspicious...it keeps off burglars.
-Endeavour to switch off lights within and switch on light without when its dark....draw ur curtains!
-Dont unnecessarily give out your contact address...its advised u use your office address for transactions, especially when buying vehicles....many have been robbed!

5 Likes

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2012
Nice one.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by mrman2(m): 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2012
Very useful tips, thank you.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by mrperfect(m): 2:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
Thank you for your info.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by babarazy: 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
tank u. Me sef i be head of security
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by KINGwax(m): 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
Nice Tips, thanks.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by KINGwax(m): 2:42pm On Jun 21, 2012
When you're in the northern part of this country, alwys avoid to be in the same room wit anyone u see wit a small head, small limbs and a fat body. The fatness of d body might due to bombs stuffed inside the jacket...
When going to the eastern side, visit your herbalist for juju to disappear,u might want to be kidnapped...
And lastly, to secure your future, do not vote for PDP

2 Likes

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by UNLEASHED(m): 2:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
@OP Very nice and useful tips. Kudos
@collinsjn Why are you littering every thread and asking people to follow you on twitter?
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by Andrew3(m): 2:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
KINGwax: When you're in the northern part of this country, alwys avoid to be in the same room wit anyone u see wit a small head, small limbs and a fat body. The fatness of d body might due to bombs stuffed inside the jacket...
When at the eastern side, do not leave your house, u might be kidnapped.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by atuboweke(m): 2:49pm On Jun 21, 2012
when u are in the yoruba land or a yoruba woman or man lives around you...make sure u sprinkle the Blood of Jesus at night and spray the Holy Ghost fire before going to bed because of their juju and diabolical nature.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by iyatrustee(f): 2:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
sexkillz: step down.

I switch my phones off most times.

i dont believe that! so how you dey take dey online 24hrs? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by BMZK: 2:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
During HIJACK:
Try to stay calm, avoid sudden movements and follow the instructions of the attacker(s).

· If your vehicle is fitted with any isolation switch, do not activate it.

· If you are slapped by the criminal, do not react emotionally; take it in good faith, do not play the hero (no matter how insulted you may feel).

· In getting out of your vehicle, do so slowly and calmly, leave the car key in the ignition.

· Seat belts can be tricky when desperate to undo. So if wearing a seat belt, make sure you are in full view of the criminal, tell him clearly what you are about to do then slowly undo the belt.

· Do not talk unless the criminal demands it, do not reveal your anger, disdain or try to antagonize; a wrong answer to a question asked by your assailant could change the course of the encounter.

· If the criminal makes clear his intent is to steal your vehicle, cooperate fully. Mentally accept the loss of your vehicle and its material content. Abandoned any sort of bravado.
· Consider that the criminal who approaches you in your vehicle is likely to be dangerously nervous and/or under the influence of drugs. Display your agreement to give up your car. If you have passengers, tell them to cooperate.
· Walk away quietly from the vehicle facing the criminal but with your eyes evidently averted.

4 Likes

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by ikachi1: 2:56pm On Jun 21, 2012
Always pin your car doors and wind up your glasses when in hold ups.

If you live around Warri or Benin, avoid using flashy cars because you will be marked for kidnapping.

The way you dress might give you away as well. Do not dress to kill. Dress moderately.

Select your company. Do not make friends that you do not know their means of livlihood.

Avoid boasting of what you are and what you have in public.

2 Likes

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by TenLove: 2:56pm On Jun 21, 2012
Good one.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by KINGwax(m): 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2012
atuboweke: when u are in the yoruba land or a yoruba woman or man lives around you...make sure u sprinkle the Blood of Jesus at night and spray the Holy Ghost fire before going to bed because of their juju and diabolical nature.
don't let us derail this whole security thread my friend, but for the last time, i repeat...
When you're in the northern
part of this country, alwys
avoid to be in the same room
wit anyone u see wit a small
head, small limbs and a fat
body. The fatness of d body
might due to bombs stuffed
inside the jacket...
When going to the eastern side,
1. visit your herbalist for juju to
disappear,u might want to be
kidnapped...
2. Keep your ideas and intentions to yourself or small time Aba go start the usual fake mass production and their brothers go start to dey claim credit for everything.
And lastly, to secure your
future, do not vote for PDP

1 Like

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
And why on earth would this nonsense make the frontpage? I'm getting tired of nairaland and all the crazy mods on here. None of my post ever made it to the front page but this poo made it. Too bad
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by Cleverley(m): 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
Do not leave ur key at d door if u ar inside the room, do not leave anything valuable by d window. Do not pass twice the same street while walking home, do not argue in mixt of a stranger.

1 Like

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
Before going to bed close all windows if you have aircondition in your house.
Thiefs/robbers move around with a very big cutter that welders use for work. If your windows are opened, they quitely cut it(protectors) and gain entrance, if not...they dont like noise/ attraction, its defficult for them to break the glass to gain entrance.

If not aircondition, keep only the window close to your bed opened. with machetti close to your bed in case you see any unwanted hand. If you no get mind use machete, keep a bottle fcold water to pour on them then scream acid!!, like that they think its acid, and run for their lifes!

Also, if you are alone at home and they try to gain entrance...scream FIRE!!!!FIRE!!!! Dont even think of calling police or screaming thieves oh!!! If you scream theives, your neighbours with double lock their door, but when you scream fire....every one takes off including your unwanted visitors.

Hope this helps, talking out of experience in Naija!

16 Likes

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by Cleverley(m): 3:01pm On Jun 21, 2012
kayusfit: And why on earth would this nonsense make the frontpage? I'm getting tired of nairaland and all the crazy mods on here. None of my post ever made it to the front page but this poo made it. Too bad
use ur head.

5 Likes

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by Koolking(m): 3:01pm On Jun 21, 2012
In a strange place know your exit, keep a low profile and resist the temptation to be seen as important

2 Likes

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by aitanofi(m): 3:07pm On Jun 21, 2012
I love dis, guys well done, dress moderately and dont be too flashy in an unknown environment.

1 Like

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by kaiter: 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2012
When you're in the northern part of this country, alwys avoid to be in the same room wit anyone u see wit a small head, small limbs and a fat body. [img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by KINGwax(m): 3:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
Cleverley: use ur head.
you'll be saying that to a guy wit a head
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by wandeay: 3:18pm On Jun 21, 2012
nice one
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by chivaley(f): 3:27pm On Jun 21, 2012
@Vikin: I laughed so hard when I read your post that tears practically dropped from my eyes. But the irony is that what you is say is very true.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by durobraham(f): 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
Before u employ any maid/ driver/salesgirl/cook etc be sure u get all of the following:
1)a guarantors letter from any (verified)decent elder in ur community &environment. Even if you are utilizing the services of an angency, get your independent letter from the potential staff. You will be surprised that so many people would recommend people to you but will be unwilling to stand as suretys for them. Be careful, there are so many sad stories of evils perpertuated by domestic help
2)two full length photographs of the person. U dont want to be in the situation where a driver has absconded with the car/children& all the police has to work with is your word of mouth description.
3)fingerprint samples- even business centers have data capture machines these days, its essential you have the fingerprint samples of ur domestic staff, it makes it easier to prove or exonerate them in cases of theft/violence

Finally, track your car..so many it firms offer car tracking these days.

1 Like

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by ebamma(m): 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2012
for girls stop flaunting that blackberry of yours in a crowded area

3 Likes

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by ebamma(m): 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2012
and if u are in the north when u wish to go to church always wear a bullet proof vest.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by chinig(m): 3:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
Nice tip,I tnk I will start being security conscious frm now on.nice one @post.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New, Latest And Working Mtn Free 5gb Cheat For Free Browsing / Pics Rihanna Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction As. Her Nipple $lip$ Out / How Mko Abiola Died: He Was Hale And Hearty : Then He Drank The Tea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.