Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? (6926 Views)

MIRACLE! After 12 Years Of Barrenness, Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets - Photos / 55-Yr-Old Woman Delivers Twin Baby Boys After Years Of Barrenness- Pics / After 21 Years Of Barrenness Woman Delivers Baby Boy (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by ukwubuego(f): 6:19pm On Nov 27, 2007
embarassedI don't know if every other person is really noticing what I've been noticing embarassed

I think the rate of barrenness is highly increasing by day, I've come across so many cases of childless marriages raging from 5yrs of childless marriage, 12yrs childless marriage and so on, e.g. my boss has been married for 16yrs now with no child of his own, 2 of my neighbours too one is 6yrs and the other 9yrs of childless marriages respectively.

The most painful part of this problem is that most men of God now specializes on "making barren women & men parents" and yet, this problem keeps increasing.

A friend said its because we are approaching the end time, is this really so or what is causing this problem of childlessness in marriages lipsrsealed cry
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by almondjoy(f): 9:42pm On Nov 27, 2007
Do you mean infertility also? undecided

In that case, the reasons are many.  And they are all medical--in my opinion.  Couples may not be able to have children because their bodies cannot do so as a result of many medical reasons we may all know of. Couples are mostly "physiologically incompartible"---Not a perfect match to complete the fruition process.  Even after using all the available means to have children, some couples still remain childless. 

People desiring children should work towards starting early--by focusing in school/or having a sense of purpose in life and choosing serious partners instead of wasting ages 21-30 fooling around--"dating".  Those are your best reproductive years! kiss  Above 30, the odds of childlessness increases as too many bugs have been introduced into your systems from sleeping with multiple partners!

Environmental changes and nutritional changes can cause infertility too--the human body is aging faster than it used to. Even the air we breathe is not as safe as it used to with all the nuclear plants we have around us.  Too many "carcinogens" out there that alter the chemical compostions of both males and females.  Females especially.  One way to get around this is to have your children early if possible, when your bodies are still free of "chemicals" and "steroid cultivated meats and vegetables".

I did not mention spiritual because I am not into that kind of "school of thought".  The most I can accept under any spirutual concept is that "it is the will of God".  It may be destined that some people should not have children of their own.  Why?  You will have to ask the good Lord that question.  Even science cannot explain it.

Either way--it is good to accept the way your life is and live it to the fullest.  Since we cannot have everything in life--be thankful for what you have and[b] be thankful for what you do not have.[/b]  Every disappointment may be a blessing in disguise.  Life is too damn short to worry over things you have no control over! kiss

As far as I am concerned--it is not a concern to me since there is always a reason or several reasons for EVERYTHING! Childlessness has caused a lot of marriages to fail and it should not be so. People need to learn to relax though difficult. Most people with children are usually not "better" than those who do not have children in my opinion.  Never been able to tell the difference between the two groups of people! undecided

Great topic!  Thanks. kiss

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by ukwubuego(f): 11:15am On Nov 28, 2007
@ almondjoy,

my sister u are a great teacher indeed, I ve learnt alot from your reply so far thanks so much
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 28, 2007
@ukwubuego
You are not alone in that line of thought! . . only recently was I discussing same issue with a friend of mine and she highlighted some reasons from her own views! I also asked same question from someone closed to me this morning and almost same reasons were given. I am not disputing the fact that there could be some medical factors responsible for it. . . .but come to think of it. . . .these medical factors had been for ages and ages. . . yet most of our parents who are in their late 40s, 50s now, were not affected!. . . . . for barrenness was a taboo then and was least expected of any new couple.

But the reasons may not be far-fetched:

The Prevalence of iniquity -SIN is one of the factors. . We no longer highly esteem God, We fear Him less, We live a life of pretence, We do things contrary to His Will, come to think of it. . . . . virginity is a scare commodity and an old-school theorem. . . . . .Insincerity. . . .Dishonesty. . . . High Rate of Murder (Abortion). . .which inversely affects the womb and destroy the unborn foetus. . . . etc. It's a pathetic situation and not a thing of joy especially to those who had wanted to have children. . . We pray God to have mercy and answer every requests. . . Amen. This causative factor cannot be ruled out. . . . cool

Other causes include:  Medications, Thyroid problems, Cancer and its treatment, Caffeine Intake, Alchohol and drugs, Emotional Stree, Malnutrition, Age,

You can check this link for other full details: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/infertility/DS00310/DSECTION=3
and  http://www.docshop.com/education/fertility/causes/

It is well.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by yowale: 12:46pm On Nov 28, 2007
Everybody God has made is fruitful. Gen1:28 God told them be fruitful and multiply.
However, the following points may give you light to what you you want to know.

- Some people are under one curse or the other. (curse of God, curse of men and Generatioanl curse) some one who is under the curse of God will simply amend his ways, pray and ask God for forgiveness. which ever one God is able to remove the hand of the enemy if you are in tune with him. if you have to look inward.
-There after relax your mind. Don't be anxious. Because byou must not be hurt, free your mind and be joyful.

Some couples are not really close to each other. they cannot discuss freely not to talk of sharing what goes on in there body.
The man should be as close as to know the woman's menstrual circle. I mean knowing the right time to meet sexually is really important
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by almondjoy(f): 12:51pm On Nov 28, 2007
You rarely ever find a[b] "barren virgin"!!!!  [/b] cool

OlowoTee:

@ukwubuego
You are not alone in that line of thought! . . only recently was I discussing same issue with a friend of mine and she highlighted some reasons from her own views! I also asked same question from someone closed to me this morning and almost same reasons were given. I am not disputing the fact that there could be some medical factors responsible for it. . . .but come to think of it. . . .these medical factors had been for ages and ages. . . yet most of our parents who are in their late 40s, 50s now, were not affected!. . . . . for barrenness was a taboo then and was least expected of any new couple.[/b]But the reasons may not be far-fetched:

The Prevalence of iniquity -[b]SIN
is one of the factors. . We no longer highly esteem God, We fear Him less, We live a life of pretence, We do things contrary to His Will, come to think of it. . . . . virginity is a scare commodity and an old-school theorem. . . . . .Insincerity. . . .Dishonesty. . . . High Rate of Murder (Abortion). . .which inversely affects the womb and destroy the unborn foetus. . . . etc. It's a pathetic situation and not a thing of joy especially to those who had wanted to have children. . . We pray God to have mercy and answer every requests. . . Amen. This causative factor cannot be ruled out. . . . cool

Other causes include: Medications, Thyroid problems, Cancer and its treatment, Caffeine Intake, Alchohol and drugs, Emotional Stree, Malnutrition, Age,

You can check this link for other full details: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/infertility/DS00310/DSECTION=3
and  http://www.docshop.com/education/fertility/causes/

It is well.

You can never compare the times of our parents to the present times.  ALL our parents got married early and had children without thinking of terminating them out of "inconvenience"! The average Nigerian girl has had at least 3 abortions by age 21!  Go figure! Then what do we expect? Did I not attend University in Nigeria? I know how many young girls never returned from the butcher tables of pre med students to get rid of unwanted pregnacies or those that ended up in hospital for one complication or the other. You can imagine what is happening now that "things have gone" high-tech.  After interfering with the natural process of things? Not to talk of all the sleeping around with all the diseases out there--all in the name of "dating"!!!!!

Our parents ate healthy and mostly naturally grown foods, and even before the advent of Christianity in Africa--people were having babies left right and center--with all the Ogun and Sango worshipping.  Now all we have available to us is Mcdonalds/"Mr Biggs" and some fake Chickens and Beef from China.  It is going to get worse ladies.  HAVE YOUR KIDS EARLY AND STOP HORSING AROUND!!!!  You have enough time for that--but your reproductive years may never be recaptured once gambled away.

You can not compare 20 to 30 years ago to this age and time.  And,  It is going to get worse.  People will start experiencing infertility in their teens and early 20's! Both for males and females!
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by uchetobi(f): 12:57pm On Nov 28, 2007
*checking the thread*
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 28, 2007
almondjoy:

You rarely ever find a[b] "barren virgin"!!!!  [/b] cool

You can never compare the times of our parents to the present times.  ALL our parents got married early and had children without thinking of terminating them out of "inconvenience"! The average Nigerian girl has had at least 3 abortions by age 21!  Go figure! Then what do we expect? Did I not attend University in Nigeria? I know how many young girls never returned from the butcher tables of pre med students to get rid of unwanted pregnacies or those that ended up in hospital for one complication or the other. You can imagine what is happening now that "things have gone" high-tech.  After interfering with the natural process of things? Not to talk of all the sleeping around with all the diseases out there--all in the name of "dating"!!!!!

Our parents ate healthy and mostly naturally grown foods, and even before the advent of Christianity in Africa--people were having babies left right and center--with all the Ogun and Sango worshipping.  Now all we have available to us is Mcdonalds/"Mr Biggs" and some fake Chickens and Beef from China.  It is going to get worse ladies.  HAVE YOUR KIDS EARLY AND STOP HORSING AROUND!!!!  You have enough time for that--but your reproductive years may never be recaptured once gambled away.

True talk. . ,  . . . . . . . we're saying almost the same thing, but from different angle. . . .

It is going to get worse. People will start experiencing infertility in their teens and early 20's! Both for males and females!

We pray it doesn't get worse, but better. . . .
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by Dreloaded(f): 3:28pm On Nov 28, 2007
Care to explain why 40 yr olds are having twins left and right then?

since I myself would love twins, perhaps I should wait til Im 50 tongue
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2007
D-reloaded:

since I myself would love twins, perhaps I should wait til I'm 50 tongue

In Nigeria here or in your country? Ouatouais grin   I pity you o grin
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by almondjoy(f): 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2007
D-reloaded:

since I myself would love twins, perhaps I should wait til I'm 50 tongue

OlowoTee:

In Nigeria here or in your country? Ouatouais grin   I pity you o grin

I join you in the pity party!--They will visit you in the "nursing home" feeding you applesauce since your dentures are soaking somewhere in a "tumbler"!  Goodluck! kiss
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by ifyalways(f): 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2007
peeps in and quickly runs out too young and pretty to be barren.infact too fertile to be one  kiss

@topic i dont know oooooooo
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by omoge(f): 6:23pm On Nov 28, 2007
you cracking me up grin grin grin

almondjoy:

They will visit you in the "nursing home" feeding you applesauce since your dentures are soaking somewhere in a "tumbler"! Goodluck! kiss
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by Dreloaded(f): 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2007
OlowoTee:

In Nigeria here or in your country? Ouatouais grin I pity you o grin

In the states, all these mid 40 people are having twins and it's pissing me off.
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by omoge(f): 7:31pm On Nov 28, 2007
D-reloaded:

In the states, all these mid 40 people are having twins and it's pissing me off.

Yeah they are. IVF is really helping them. Better chance for most too because they have not destroyed they body. Those carrying different dykes, beware. Those doing Abortion, beware.

[b]Then what do we expect? Did I not attend University in Nigeria? I know how many young girls never returned from the butcher tables of pre med students to get rid of unwanted pregnacies or those that ended up in hospital for one complication or the other. You can imagine what is happening now that "things have gone" high-tech. After interfering with the natural process of things? Not to talk of all the sleeping around with all the diseases out there--all in the name of "dating"!!!!!

Our parents ate healthy and mostly naturally grown foods, and even before the advent of Christianity in Africa--people were having babies left right and center--with all the Ogun and Sango worshipping. Now all we have available to us is Mcdonalds/"Mr Biggs" and some fake Chickens and Beef from China. It is going to get worse ladies. HAVE YOUR KIDS EARLY AND STOP HORSING AROUND!!!! You have enough time for that--but your reproductive years may never be recaptured once gambled away.[/b]

very well said, almondjoy.
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 7:33pm On Nov 28, 2007
D-reloaded:

Chei  shocked shocked shocked you are jealous haba, why don't you get marry and have your own children grin grin grin

[center]Welcome back ThiefOfHeart lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed[/center]

@topic
almondjoy have said it all grin grin grin

Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by Dreloaded(f): 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2007
Why thank you for the greeting. I hope all is well cheesy

omoge:

Yeah they are. IVF is really helping them. Better chance for most too because they have not destroyed they body. p[b]Those carrying different dykes, beware. [/b]

LOL what the hell does that mean?
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by Islander(f): 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2007
@Moody so here is where you are? man call ,me ASAP I need your flight number,

@Almond, where is Siena? LOL,

, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, people. ROFLMSAO,
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by almondjoy(f): 10:45pm On Nov 28, 2007
Islander:

@Moody so here is where you are? man call ,me ASAP I need your flight number,

@Almond, where is Siena? LOL,

, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, people. ROFLMSAO,

Siena is very, very very busy.  Not to worry--he will soon be back.  You know the guy is all together.  Just taking care of business and taking a break from Nairaland. He'll soon be back.  Not to worry hon'.

MoOdYLaDy:

Chei  shocked shocked shocked you are jealous haba, why don't you get marry and have your own children grin grin grin

[center]Welcome back ThiefOfHeart lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed[/center]
@topic
almondjoy have said it all grin grin grin

Oh yeah?  Welcome back oh TOH! Merry Xmas and Happy 2008 in advance.  No more fight ooooooooooooh! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by Dreloaded(f): 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2007
almondjoy:

Oh yeah? Welcome back oh TOH! Merry Xmas and Happy 2008 in advance. No more fight ooooooooooooh! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Lol. Militia, I thought you were smart o. Dont tell me you didnt know it was me since last week. I fear for you. tongue

No more fighting is right. Shit got boring so fast. "Waging wars" around NL, who has time for such juvenile rubbish anymore. New Year is approaching, better things await jare. wink
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by almondjoy(f): 10:54pm On Nov 28, 2007
D-reloaded:

Have you considered the success rate compared to the millions who have failed?  Please you may see a lot of women in their 40s having twins around you.  What you never see are those countless women in their 30s and 40s who have failed even after trying like 8 cycles of IVF!  It is not that easy.  Please take a trip to the nearest fertility clinic near you and ask questions or google the statistics. kiss
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by Dreloaded(f): 10:55pm On Nov 28, 2007
Did you see the dare I made for Frankie Btw?  tongue
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by Dreloaded(f): 10:56pm On Nov 28, 2007
almondjoy:

Have you considered the success rate compared to the millions who have failed? Please you may see a lot of women in their 40s having twins around you. What you never see are those countless women in their 30s and 40s who have failed even after trying like 8 cycles of IVF! It is not that easy. Please take a trip to the nearest fertility clinic near you and ask questions or google the statistics. kiss

eh Im only jealous cos they are having twins jo. Lmao.
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by almondjoy(f): 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2007
D-reloaded:

Lol. Militia, I thought you were smart o. Dont tell me you didnt know it was me since last week. I fear for you. tongue

No more fighting is right. Shit got boring so fast. "Waging wars" around Nairaland, who has time for such juvenile rubbish anymore. New Year is approaching, better things await jare. wink

As you did not "attack" me now, how would I have known it was you?  Especially as errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr--I did not see our "husband" around you.  It is well oh!  No wahala.  I was suspecting you were "Frankies"sef. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

No hard feeling my dear.  You were greatly missed.  Enjoyed your contributions so far.  Yeah, real juvenile rubbish.  But I like it so that people at home and work do not catch my "PMS" fever.  I can dump it on Nairaland so I can function at home and at work.  It is a good stress dumping ground before I start cussing at my bosses! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Welcome back oh! Stay safe! kiss
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by almondjoy(f): 11:03pm On Nov 28, 2007
D-reloaded:

eh I'm only jealous because they are having twins jo. Lmao.

Let me give you the number of a good doctor so you can have triplets if you want. Jealous eh? Let those women tell you their stories. You will weep for them. Please do not envy what you do not know how it came about. The story is long for most and not all rosy.

D-reloaded:

Did you see the dare I made for Frankie Btw? tongue

Sure did! Nothing passes me by in this Nairaland. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by Dreloaded(f): 11:12pm On Nov 28, 2007
Rofl. me Frankie? We squashed our beef before I went on NL hiatus. No need for me to chase you around NL yarning dust anymore besides you self you have calmed down. Now you wont get coal for Christmas grin

triplets ke? Only two o! I agree though on having kids early. NOT TOO early like our akatas here. Like i said all these old people in their mid 40s having children now, it's kinda creepy and when they go for their kid's high school gradutaion(let's not talk about college graduation), they'll be there drooling in a cup with tubes attached to their hummerhover chairs. I assume they dont think about these things
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by almondjoy(f): 7:25am On Nov 29, 2007
D-reloaded:

Rofl. me Frankie? We squashed our beef before I went on Nairaland hiatus. No need for me to chase you around Nairaland yarning dust anymore besides you self you have calmed down. Now you wont get coal for Christmas grin

triplets ke? Only two o! I agree though on having kids early. NOT TOO early like our akatas here. Like i said all these old people in their mid 40s having children now, it's kind of creepy and when they go for their kid's high school gradutaion(let's not talk about college graduation), they'll be there drooling in a cup with tubes attached to their hummerhover chairs. I assume they don't think about these things

You have to calm down with age on Nairaland--and reserve the pepper spray for would be attackers only. I haven't seen my Nairaland husband Frankies for a while now. I think he is re-loading his ammo. Well, I will take a break while he is resting too. cheesy

Only two eh? Okay, may your dreams come through. Just don't let them visit you in the nursing home please! grin

Happy Holidays! kiss
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 29, 2007
@ TOH: Welcome back! kiss I see you've ruffled a few feathers in your homecoming. wink

@ Militia: Yes, been very "busy", as you know, but things are "working out" better than I thought! wink

@ Islander: As you can see, I've broken my "ties", and am very much here. Stay safe!
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by almondjoy(f): 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2007
Siena:

@ TOH: Welcome back! kiss I see you've ruffled a few feathers in your homecoming. wink

@ Militia: Yes, been very "busy", as you know, but things are "working out" better than I thought! wink

@ Islander: As you can see, I've broken my "ties", and am very much here. Stay safe!

Hello Siena! Welcome back. You are so scarce babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Well, we understand! Nothing going on in Nairaland anyway! You are not missing much!

Oh? Things are working out much better? Should I be glad or sad? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin I will hear all about it code name SFU--I don't think I am going to like it though! cry

But what can I say! See you at Breakfast in the am! Love you plenty! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by ifyalways(f): 10:26pm On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

Hello Siena! Welcome back. You are so scarce babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Well, we understand! Nothing going on in Nairaland anyway! You are not missing much!

Oh? Things are working out much better? Should I be glad or sad? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin I will hear all about it code name SFU--I don't think I am going to like it though! cry

But what can I say! See you at Breakfast in the am! Love you plenty! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
hmmmmmmn what happens to the funky frankies? grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by holythug(m): 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2007
@ poster, y dnt u try IVF/ICSI i.e Intri viral fertilisation or intra cytoplasmic sperm injection and u shd let who ever it is that the delay cld be dangerous but first go to this site to find out www.thebridgeclinic.com the clinic is in VI opposite multichoice office it is a fertility clinic where i work
goodluck
Re: What Is The Cause Of Barrenness? by ukwubuego(f): 10:08am On Dec 11, 2007
@holythog,

I never told u am barren and would never be in Jesus name. (amen), just asking on behalf of people with such problems.

cheers

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation / Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) / 26 Rules For Preventing Your Housemaid From Snatching Your Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.