Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal (32637 Views)

Photo: See This Corper's Shocking Answer To An NYSC Official (hilarious) / Personal Cds Proposal Sample Please / NYSC Personal CDS Projects By Ayokanmi Oyeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2012
Fellow corpers and ex-corpers on NL, I am about to execute a project in my host community - I want to donate a library to a school in my host community - I have sought the approval of d principal and he has even gone a step ahead to donate an abandoned, dilapidated room to this cause. My headache now is how to come up with a proposal to submit for ratification by the NYSC - what format do I use, what items should I include? Pls, any help will be highly appreciated.
-annoymous

1 Like

Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by Vincent41(m): 9:04pm On Jun 20, 2012
Thumps up
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 21, 2012
ding!!!
@vincent, thanks man
NLers, I'm still waiting - help a brother
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 21, 2012
Met with the LGI today and he gave me a few pointers

TITLE
Motivation
Budget
Funding (sources) - he stressed dat no kobo should come from the corpers pocket as it should be funded primarily by the community.
Timing (span of the project)

Anything I missed?

3 Likes

Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by santakris(m): 4:07pm On Jun 22, 2012
Is ur name anonymous or annoymous?

2 Likes

Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by unknown247: 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2012
grin grin grin

The truth is that the 90% of NYSC project is been sponsored by the corps members direct or indirect unless you are a girl willing to sleep around with some old rich dudes in the community were you are serving and the NYSC authorty known it. If you are a guy probably a medical doctor (corp member) just get a rich sugar mummy to sponsor you.
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by pek(m): 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2012
What is CDS?
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2012
unknown247: grin grin grin

The truth is that the 90% of NYSC project is been sponsored by the corps members direct or indirect unless you are a girl willing to sleep around with some old rich dudes in the community were you are serving and the NYSC authorty known it. If you are a guy probably a medical doctor (corp member) just get a rich sugar mummy to sponsor you.

Thanks for the insight. Now, I can only hope that I fall under the 10% that don't av to sleep around to get funding. grin
pek: What is CDS?
Community Development Service
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by WhyAWhy(m): 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2012
Question 1: What becomes of the library after you leave?
Question 2: What are your long term goal for sustaining the library
Question 3: Refer to Question 2

Background: I have seen several "libraries" built by corpers in various communities. Many of them are a shadow of themselves barely 5 months after its completed

NOTE: Building is not equal to Library and in all sincerity a library project is not what ANY single individual can embark on. Community libraries are multimillion naira projects on their own.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by meetmeonline: 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2012
I was given a traditional title by the tribe head.

Shook the governor and got a lot of girl corps members (that never had my time before) to kissing me and wanting to snap with me. That was the first time I actually tested stardom.

Was aired in AIT (2ic) and NTA and the whole Nigeria were calling my parents and my phone suddenly became hotline in those days.

A national newspaper took my story on half centre spread and parents and friends took the papers running to where my parents lived.

The cash....glory....reputation....pride....triumph....lifetime respect from other corps members and your family...the experience and history.........There is just every benefit to doing NYSC projects I did four (4) and became the second most outstanding in the state in my time.

Your project is a very powerful one and can land you a national award if you completed it and succeed in getting the students to reading and this is seen to have drastically boosted their reading culture and general performance. (I have been there before so I can predict correctly)

With my experience in CDS projects, I will advice you started a new building rather than renovating. The earlier carries more weight than the later.

If I can complete a whole (concrete block) building with roofing and painting in just five months, then you too can.

Be ready to ingest a carton of Panadol extra...but common, it is worthwhile...you will never regret it

This is what you should do

Write a letter to the State Director.....through.....the HOD CDS.....through.....your Zonal Inspector. The letter should carry a proposal that should carry each project you hope to undertake in this manner

Project 1
Title
Building a room library at idiaraba village to......

Statement of problem (depending on the state's format)

Duration

Budget

Source of funds

How the funds will be used

Every step you intend to take from start to finish Procedures in the NYSC is so official that in this segment you are to even state you will first apply to the very person reading (the State Director)

Project 2

You must be ready to wash peoples plates and feed their chicken to be able to accomplish this. Even when they never gave you the money and your parents did, you must share the giving glory equally amongst the chiefs in the community, telling NYSC that one chief (that kept on posting you and never gave a kobo) gave you N50,000

But never lose hope

If the impatient me can do what I did...[size=16pt]YOU TOO CAN [/size]

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by kaiter: 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2012
Thank you for sharing and good luck with the thread.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by Koolking(m): 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2012
meetmeonline:

Shook the governor and got a lot of girl corps members (that never had my time before) to kissing me and wanting to snap with me. That was the first time I actually tested stardom.

Was aired in AIT (2ic) and NTA and the whole Nigeria were calling my parents and my phone suddenly became hotline in those days.

A national newspaper took my story on half centre spread and parents and friends took the papers running to where my parents lived.

The cash....glory....reputation....pride....triumph....lifetime respect from other corps members and your family...the experience and history.........There is just every benefit to doing NYSC projects I did four (4) and became the second most outstanding in the state in my time.

Your project is a very powerful one and can land you a national award if you completed it and succeed in getting the students to reading and this is seen to have drastically boosted their reading culture and general performance. (I have been there before so I can predict correctly)

With my experience in CDS projects, I will advice you started a new building rather than renovating. The earlier carries more weight than the later.

If I can complete a whole (concrete block) building with roofing and painting in just five months, then you too can.

Be ready to ingest a carton of Panadol extra...but common, it is worthwhile...you will never regret it

Write a letter to the State Director.....through.....the HOD CDS.....through.....your Zonal Inspector. The letter should carry a proposal that should carry each project you hope to undertake in this manner

Project 1
Title

Duration

Budget

Source of funds

Every step you intend to take from start to finish Procedures in the NYSC is so official that in this segment you are to even state you will first apply to the very person reading (the State Director)

Project 2

You must be ready to wash peoples plates and feed their chicken to be able to accomplish this. Even when they never gave you the money and your parents did, you must share the giving glory equally amongst the chiefs in the community, telling NYSC that one chief (that kept on posting you and never gave a kobo) gave you N50,000

But never lose hope

Very motivating. Thank you bro. I have been thinking of a tangible community project to embark on. I can now leverage on your insight.
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by renewnaija(m): 6:27pm On Jun 22, 2012
meetmeonline:

Project 1
Title

Duration

Budget

Source of funds

Project 2

But never lose hope

Dont tk this the wrong way but it seems you were doing all those for your own personal (selfish?) reasons to get recognised.

What happened to selfless service? Why erect a new building when you already have one donated to you?
According to you '...The earlier carries more weight than the later.'

@ poster:
Should your emphasis be on things people see (new physical buildings, news books, fame etc) or on the unseen (training/learning/developments/scholarships & making in deifference in lives)?
Do you know that those kids will not forget you for your impact on their lives?
Make a sincere difference to people's lives. Dont go after the fame, if it comes, fine. But God blesses the selfless giver.

I guess it is what the country is now, a nation of unnecessary show-off people.

7 Likes

Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by kingsolve(m): 6:31pm On Jun 22, 2012
@meetmeonline, thank you so much for sharing your experience. It's really insightful. I'v been bothered with a similar challenge too. I av abt 4 months to end of service yr in a village here. Another issue is how to raise the money needed as d community here is really low on cash. Dont know who to meet here for assistance when I feed some of their children out of my N19,600. What advice can you give pls?
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by mikolo80: 8:26pm On Jun 22, 2012
kingsolve: @meetmeonline, thank you so much for sharing your experience. It's really insightful. I'v been bothered with a similar challenge too. I av abt 4 months to end of service yr in a village here. Another issue is how to raise the money needed as d community here is really low on cash. Dont know who to meet here for assistance when I feed some of their children out of my N19,600. What advice can you give pls?
WRITE A LETTER SEEKING ASSISTANCE IN CASH OR KIND ,MAKE 1000 COPIES AND SEND TO EVERY CHIEF, COUNCILLOR, REP, ASSEMBLYMAN, SENATOR, DIRECTOR,BANKER CEO,TRADER YOU KNOW .THAT SHUD HELP
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by mikolo80: 8:26pm On Jun 22, 2012
kingsolve: @meetmeonline, thank you so much for sharing your experience. It's really insightful. I'v been bothered with a similar challenge too. I av abt 4 months to end of service yr in a village here. Another issue is how to raise the money needed as d community here is really low on cash. Dont know who to meet here for assistance when I feed some of their children out of my N19,600. What advice can you give pls?
WRITE A LETTER SEEKING ASSISTANCE IN CASH OR KIND ,MAKE 1000 COPIES AND SEND TO EVERY CHIEF, COUNCILLOR, REP, ASSEMBLYMAN, SENATOR, DIRECTOR,BANKER CEO,TRADER YOU KNOW .THAT SHUD HELP COS 1K PER LETTER EQUALS 1MILLION
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by mikolo80: 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2012
WRITE A LETTER SEEKING ASSISTANCE IN CASH OR KIND ,MAKE 1000 COPIES AND SEND TO EVERY CHIEF, COUNCILLOR, REP, ASSEMBLYMAN, SENATOR, DIRECTOR,BANKER CEO,TRADER YOU KNOW .THAT SHUD HELP COS 1K PER LETTER EQUALS 1MILLION,ALSO DONT FORGET NGOs et al newspapers and tv and radio station for free airtime
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 22, 2012
WhyAWhy: Question 1: What becomes of the library after you leave?
Question 2: What are your long term goal for sustaining the library
Question 3: Refer to Question 2

Background: I have seen several "libraries" built by corpers in various communities. Many of them are a shadow of themselves barely 5 months after its completed

NOTE: Building is not equal to Library and in all sincerity a library project is not what ANY single individual can embark on. Community libraries are multimillion naira projects on their own.

Every school should have a library - the minimum requirements being a conducive place to study and relevant books that can be borrowed. I really don't think this is a white elephant project. It doesn't have to be a big thing. At the completion of the project, the school 'll be advised to appoint one of their teachers as a 'librarian' of sorts, to oversee the day to day running of the library - nothing 'high phalluting'. The library shouldn't need any long term sustaining, methinks.

3 Likes

Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by Chokolee(m): 12:53am On Jun 23, 2012
This is really a nice thread...i must confess...wat other gud project can som1 tackle in dat 1 year frame?
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 23, 2012
renewnaija:

Dont tk this the wrong way but it seems you were doing all those for your own personal (selfish?) reasons to get recognised.

What happened to selfless service? Why erect a new building when you already have one donated to you?
According to you '...The earlier carries more weight than the later.'

@ poster:
Should your emphasis be on things people see (new physical buildings, news books, fame etc) or on the unseen (training/learning/developments/scholarships & making in deifference in lives)?
Do you know that those kids will not forget you for your impact on their lives?
Make a sincere difference to people's lives. Dont go after the fame, if it comes, fine. But God blesses the selfless giver.

I guess it is what the country is now, a nation of unnecessary show-off people.

I find ur post disturbing - what in my earlier post suggested mere 'showoff'?
If u must know, I trained as an MDG FACOR (family and community re-orientation) facilitator in camp and because I was not posted to a secondary school, I adopted one in my hood and have been having one session with the students per week, teaching them life values/survival skills - last session was on Examination malpractice - reasons why its wrong, how to avoid it etc. We've also discussed teenage pregnancy n some oda pivotal topics. It was during one of such sessions that I asked them what challenges they faced in school, identified d library n some oda challenges; we put it to a vote and finally came up with the library project.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by surveycash(m): 10:45am On Jun 23, 2012
annoymous: Fellow corpers and ex-corpers on NL, I am about to execute a project in my host community - I want to donate a library to a school in my host community - I have sought the approval of d principal and he has even gone a step ahead to donate an abandoned, dilapidated room to this cause. My headache now is how to come up with a proposal to submit for ratification by the NYSC - what format do I use, what items should I include? Pls, any help will be highly appreciated.
-annoymous

EDITED 24/06/12-(Removed the proposals and letter)
I admire your courage. I did an UltraModerm Computer Laboratory for the school I served. I have attached the links both the winning proposal and the letter I wrote the state coordinator.

You can see the commissioning ceremony here:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3532243834863.203618.1535296518&type=3

My Advice: You should sell your idea to the community elders first. Invite them to the school and do a powerpoint presentation of your idea.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2012
Thanx a lot.
surveycash:

EDITED 24/06/12-(Removed the proposals and letter)
I admire your courage. I did an UltraModerm Computer Laboratory for the school I served. I have attached the links both the winning proposal and the letter I wrote the state coordinator.

You can see the commissioning ceremony here:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3532243834863.203618.1535296518&type=3

My Advice: You should sell your idea to the community elders first. Invite them to the school and do a powerpoint presentation of your idea.

Good luck.
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by ExcelDec(m): 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2012
meetmeonline:

Project 1
Title

Duration

Budget

Source of funds

Project 2

But never lose hope

Sir, your check list is up to date except 1, Snapshots of d Subject matter.
I got a Commendation Certificate from d NYSC Governing Board, Lafia Nas State, Batch A 2011/2012 for accomplishing 3 CDS Projects in the Host communities only surviving primary school.
I must confess its not as easy as it may seem, fact is 70% of the resources MUST come from your purse, however its only few individuals dat are lucky to receive sponsors.
Dear corps member, I have passed through CDS Projects its a Sacrifice, do not regret your action later if it doesn't receive support or applause, people can be mischeivous including the principal and others who will promise you heaven and earth but tell you stories of bad economy.
Rather than this CDS, ask yourself this question, will this give me a JOB or CARDBOARD PAPER wen I Graduate..??
Bro, Jobs are hard to get in Nig, I wrote NIMASA's Aptitude Test today, in Abuja alone over 3000 Applicants came wat about the other 36 states.
PLS FIND A SMALL AGRIC BIZ IN DAT COMMUNITY & SHAPE UR FUTURE, SAVE UR ALAWEE, TIME & ENERGY TO AVOID HAD I KNOWN, ALSO ENROLL IN SELF DEV PROGRAM LIKE {CCNA, NIM, ICAN}.
Let the sleeping Lion lie.
For any other Info.
exceldecc@yahoo.com
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by zezski(m): 12:39am On Jun 24, 2012
This is either another National library or local Archive in the making, whichever one it turns out to be , it is worth the sweat anyway.good luck my man, CDS WARRIOR, ANOTHER SHIRARA. Another CDS project is a counterfeit cheesy grin tongue tongue cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by zezski(m): 12:42am On Jun 24, 2012
GUY , NO KILL YOURSELF IN ANONYMITY. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by olsmade(m): 6:28am On Jun 24, 2012
zezski: This is either another National library or local Archive in the making, whichever one it turns out to be , it is worth the sweat anyway.good luck my man, CDS WARRIOR, ANOTHER SHIRARA. Another CDS project is a counterfeit cheesy grin tongue tongue cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

@zezeski u no dey alrite grin
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by disc20: 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2013
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by Manchelsea(m): 10:26am On Sep 11, 2014
annoymous:

I find ur post disturbing - what in my earlier post suggested mere 'showoff'?
If u must know, I trained as an MDG FACOR (family and community re-orientation) facilitator in camp and because I was not posted to a secondary school, I adopted one in my hood and have been having one session with the students per week, teaching them life values/survival skills - last session was on Examination malpractice - reasons why its wrong, how to avoid it etc. We've also discussed teenage pregnancy n some oda pivotal topics. It was during one of such sessions that I asked them what challenges they faced in school, identified d library n some oda challenges; we put it to a vote and finally came up with the library project.
please give me ur number, I really need to ask u few questions on mdgs. Or better still this is my number 07068304019
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by jesutekome: 4:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
Personal cds na scam. They sweet talk you into doing it at camp and when you're through they'll handle you with levity, giving you one cardboard paper and call it a recommendation letter or something. If you must do personal cds do so because you love the beneficiaries not because you expect an award; else you'll be disappointed. You'll waste alot of your personal money you should have saved to start up a business after Nysc. They don't encourage corpers atal. I'm referring to everyone in general both nysc and community and friends. Thats my advice.

1 Like

Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by Raylight2(m): 8:13am On Jul 08, 2015
meetmeonline:

Project 1
Title

Duration

Budget

Source of funds

Project 2

But never lose hope

printed
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by cupidora(f): 11:28am On Jul 08, 2015
I have a similar goal in mind;renovating the 6 classroom that is the whole infrastructure and the school itself. Going through this thread now has killed my enthusiasm for community service. I will do my best. Most of these posts are just plain discouraging. It's a pity really
Re: How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal by Johnsaba(m): 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
Advice needed please! Am a core member currently servn in Kt, i'm embarkn on 2 personal. cds project which i hav submittd my proposa 2ru my Z.I last week! Though i hav nt yet gottn d approval. But my problem now is dat most of stakholders i met were not willn to assist me, even d lga caretaker chairman dat i met told dat l shud forget abt their assistance dat currently they are financial unstable. I resortd in meetn individuals but only few were givn me little like #100, #200 forgottn dat d project am embakn on is close to #430k.please ur advice is needed as i dont knw wat to do again, ( the projects are: 1 renovation/roofn of car park dat can enter 8 cars 2 organizin quiz/free distribution of calculator nd science texbooks among science students in 8 secondary schs) my contact is 08164231954

(1) (2) (Reply)

Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... / Father Of Late Corper, Ifedolapo Oladepo Drags FG, NYSC To Court, Demands N100m / Nysc Batch C14 TARABA STATE Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.