Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? (14202 Views)

Help My Girlfriend Is Asking Another Guy Out / Ladies, Do You Sometimes Wish It's "Acceptable" To Ask A Guy Out? / Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Ibangap(m): 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2012
Smallville4live:

You can start from the beginning, by saying, guy I like you, can we be friends. Some lady has done that to me and I was surprised. She say me at a traditional wedding when I was taking some pics of the celebrats. She asked someone to call me.
buahahahahahaha, cant stop laffin. *hop u knw d reason*
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by OluBendel: 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
Vikin: Let me teach you how to ask a guy out indirectly.

First you should have a high self esteem, confidence and irresistable kiss kiss

Approach him and engage him in an interesting conversation...it can be anything..football, his shoes, his hair, color, race etc. Even if you dont know much about the topic, make him do the explanation part and you do the asking while maintaining a good posture and good level of self confident.

If he is interested in you, he will ask for your number and voila..you go from there.

You can also ask for it, there is no harm in that.

If he is not, just let him be and target another person that will respond to you.

Nice post.

This is a two way thing, be you woman or man, it works...trust me wink wink wink

So my dear, depend on the style used, it not wrong to ask a guy out!

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by janyj: 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
platinumricky Primitive sub-moronic entity..U̶̲̥̅̊ wud probably get married on ur 48th birthday! 1ce i want something, i go for it...its as simple as dat. Everything in life is a risk, U̶̲̥̅̊ win some, U̶̲̥̅̊ lose some.

You can say whatever you like, everyone is entitled to their opinion, if you are saying all this nonsense for me to ask you out, then you must be dreaming grin grin grin. A man will treat a woman the way she wants to be treated, if you act cheap he will definitely treat you like a cheap girl, its up to the lady to decide.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by mangbede: 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
I wil not marry a gurl I toasted but de gurl who toast me....
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
Lord_Reed: See why ladies should "mind THEIR selves":

https://www.nairaland.com/970260/met-bbm-she-came-house#11180896
#Gbagaunization things grin
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by jydeayanx: 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2012
Gr8 comments NLers From my own perspective, it's actually the way u go abt it. U as a girl, u can actually spew it out that u like him, and it'll be alright, whereas u could jst show it in ur actions, and it could loose all hell! It's actually abt the pple involved, and the way u go abt it. Try to know the kind of person he is, so there won't be any misconception

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by OILOFGLADNESS: 12:32pm On Jun 21, 2012
IFYOU LIKE OR LOVE AND ADMIRE A GUY YOU CAN MAKER HIM YOU FRIEND , ITS LEFT FOR HIM TO DEVELOP THE LIKENESS AND LOVE

ITS NOT WISE FOR YOU TO WALK UPTO A GUY AS A LADY TO TELL HIM ILOVE AND I WANT YOU TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND.

BUT STRATEGICALLY YOU CAN GET HIS INTEREST AND YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU WANT,
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Smallville4live(m): 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ranks007: Its very wrong wrong if she's ugly and somewhat right if she's cool, but on my end I'll thinking she want to give me aids if she's pretty!

hahahahahahahahaha
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Smallville4live(m): 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
OILOFGLADNESS: IFYOU LIKE OR LOVE AND ADMIRE A GUY YOU CAN MAKER HIM YOU FRIEND , ITS LEFT FOR HIM TO DEVELOP THE LIKENESS AND LOVE

ITS NOT WISE FOR YOU TO WALK UPTO A GUY AS A LADY TO TELL HIM ILOVE AND I WANT YOU TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND.

BUT STRATEGICALLY YOU CAN GET HIS INTEREST AND YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU WANT,

that's ma lady talking. But the truth is that, not all guys can just walk to a lady and say, I like you, and pop up the question, "can we be friends?".
I'm an example of that guy oh. Lol
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2012
janyj:

You can say whatever you like, everyone is entitled to their opinion, if you are saying all this nonsense for me ask you out, then you must be dreaming grin grin grin. A man will treat a woman the way she wants to be treated, if you act cheap he will definitely treat you like a cheap girl, its up to the lady to decide.

Ewu Burkina-Faso!!! Hedgehogs like U̶̲̥̅̊ belong to the era of horse drawn carriages. Who's asking you out?! U̶̲̥̅̊ Я already getting it twisted.
Do U̶̲̥̅̊ have issues grasping simple english sentences? *pours cold water on her face*...Embrace reality and stop fantasizing! Those disney cartoons aint doing U̶̲̥̅̊ any good...
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by decode55(m): 12:52pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ranks007: Its very wrong wrong if she's ugly and somewhat right if she's cool, but on my end I'll thinking she wants to give me AIDS if she's pretty!
lol
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by purplekayc(m): 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
kayusfit:

YOU ARE A LOW LIFE FOR STARTING SUCH A DUMB AND BASELESS THREAD. FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
You have no right to say that! angry
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Joeblis(m): 12:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
platinumricky:

Ewu Burkina-Faso!!! Hedgehogs like U̶̲̥̅̊ belong to the era of horse drawn carriages. Who's asking you out?! U̶̲̥̅̊ Я already getting it twisted.
Do U̶̲̥̅̊ have issues grasping simple english sentences? *pours cold water on her face*...Embrace reality and stop fantasizing! Those disney cartoons aint doing U̶̲̥̅̊ any good...
ur such a freaky dumbazz, must you insult in every comment??by the way 96.1% of nigerian's are using BB so relax ur mind!!
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by cindyrella(f): 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
Smallville4live:

You can start from the beginning, by saying, guy I like you, can we be friends. Some lady has done that to me and I was surprised. She say me at a traditional wedding when I was taking some pics of the celebrats. She asked someone to call me.

Thanks for the tips!
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by janyj: 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
platinumricky Ewu Burkina-Faso!!! Hedgehogs like U̶̲̥̅̊ belong to the era of horse drawn carriages. Who's asking you out?! U̶̲̥̅̊ Я already getting it twisted.
Do U̶̲̥̅̊ have issues grasping simple english sentences? *pours cold water on her face*...Embrace reality and stop fantasizing! Those disney cartoons aint doing U̶̲̥̅̊ any good..

You are the one getting it twisted, because a girl asking a guy out is not beautiful thing to do!!!

*Hits him with a stick*

*He falls to the ground crying like a baby*

I was about to reply your dump comment, but Joeblis already did

ur such a freaky dumbazz, must you insult in every comment??by the way 96.1% of nigerian's are using BB so relax ur mind!!

Thanks Joeblis you saved me a whole lot of typing
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Orikinla(m): 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2012
My own even asked me to travel with her.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2012
cindyrella:

Well I kinda agree with you, there really is nothing wrong in being blunt and telling a guy u like him and wants to be friends with him...
but I can't do it..
I am just too shy to walk up to a guy and say I wanna be friends with him... Where will I even start from?? embarassed

And yet majority of ladies in Nigeria do not appreciate the task guys undertake by walking up to them to say Hi, I Like you, can we be friends or can I know you? And you see them acting strange, funny, wacky, etc & sometimes like I do hear, end up embarrassing the guy who walked up to them in good fate...anyway...the best idea is for everyone to chose how she or he wants his or her life to be...but my advice to guys always is this: focus on your studies (if ur a student), career (if your working), business, etc & make the best out of it...& believe me from my experiences recently, you wouldn't have any reason to approach any girl for friendship, instead they will indirectly...and if u decide to any time, u will hardly get turned down...so get a working & enviable life & watch out how ladies would come submitting cvs to you daily. Try it & see...& for the ladies that said they can't, maybe your still too young & still seeing yourself as a rare gem...pray hard & keep to your ideology...but also pray u don't end up missing your true love out of keeping to principle & falling into wrong hand...but your resoultion is good so long as you stand distinctive in all other things!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by mikron(m): 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2012
NO SIR. IN FACT I PREFER A GIRL DOING THE CHASING.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Smallville4live(m): 1:07pm On Jun 21, 2012
cindyrella:

Thanks for the tips!

you are welcome miss.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by thomwell: 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ladies how about trying this lil trick, it works most time:
I like a guy and I get closer and make the first initial move(ask him out in coded language) we become friends and am my best for the short while. He finds me interesting and wants more of my time. Yet he is not sure he wants me for a date cos.

Then I give him a break...

Ooooopss.. He thinks he wants me around but can't understand why l withdrew all of a sudden.

Now his time to do the chasing and guess what I will do...

This has worked severally for many smart ladies and will always. grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 21, 2012
I don't know, but I've never taken any girl that asked me out seriously.. It's just the crazy world we were raised in..

But the funniest, and weirdest one that ever happened to me was a cute Naija chic at the train station who asked her Ghanaian friend to come ask for my number.. It was just awkward because I never believed the type of arrogant chics we breed in Naija could ever do that... But she showed her true colours the first, and only time I spoke to her on the phone - she went back into her naija girl mode, trying to act stush and difficult... I deleted her rubbish number from my phone, and told her to fvck off!
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 21, 2012
janyj:

You can say whatever you like, everyone is entitled to their opinion, if you are saying all this nonsense for me to ask you out, then you must be dreaming grin grin grin. A man will treat a woman the way she wants to be treated, if you act cheap he will definitely treat you like a cheap girl, its up to the lady to decide.

Initiating the move to establish a friendship or relationship with a guy does not in any way make you as a girl CHEAP so long as you did not end up being CHEAP when the relationship precipitates. Again, you can chose not to be so blunt if your a shy type...but never rule out the idea cos sometimes a guy might admire you as a girl & not confident or motivated enough to meet you, & maybe u also like him & u let it slip off & go for the less that come telling you that u are the queen of shebba, when u are not! In summary dear, whether u first initiate the move through bodily languages (smiles, eye contact, a wave of hand, etc) or he did, it does not have anything to do with how the relationship will end. What determines how a guy will treat u in a relationship is how u as the girl portray yourself in the relationship. Most importantly, all guys of nowadays, whether rich or poor frown at it when a girl they are dating mistake them to be fools responsible for every of their financial responsibilies when she has a living parent & siblings. again, not being financially dependent on your boyfriend or fiancee doesn't mean he shouldnt be of help in times of need or you shouldnt be either....& that doesnt mean u then take him for granted, which is what most financial able or working class Nigerian ladies do that make men to snare & run away from them.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Phrankin(m): 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2012
janyj:

On point.

It is classless for a girl to ask a guy out, it only shows how cheap she is. If a guy truly loves a girl, he will do anything within his power to be with her. What happened to the pride of a woman?
Define "cheap", define "class" and tell me how it relates to high sense of security which is what a girl displays when takes the initiative to go for what she wants. People just use words for using sake.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by shadrach77: 1:20pm On Jun 21, 2012
shymmex: I don't know, but I've never taken any girl that asked me out seriously.. It's just the crazy world we were raised in..

But the funniest, and weirdest one that ever happened to me was a cute Naija chic at the train station who asked her Ghanaian friend to come ask for my number.. It was just awkward because I never believed the type of arrogant chics we breed in Naija could ever do that... But she showed her true colours the first, and only time I spoke to her on the phone - she went back into her naija girl mode, trying to act stush and difficult... I deleted her rubbish number from my phone, and told her to fvck off!
That's my man smiley wink wink
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Jaykizz(m): 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2012
Dyt: i asked him ^ out
Are u damn serious dat u did?!!!
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by joshuaidibia(m): 1:25pm On Jun 21, 2012
kayusfit: AND THIS BULL Poo MADE THE FRONTPAGE when most of my post are deleted. Smh for all the eediots on nairaland including the OP sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

hahaha...
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Azubreezy(m): 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2012
I think d reason why dis qstn is often an issue is bcs nobody is willing to take risks. If I were a girl and I see a guy i'd lyk to be wit. d outcome is eida good or bad. u'l eida get loved or not. wateva happens, jst accept it. que sera sera...
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 21, 2012
Phrankin: Define "cheap", define "class" and tell me how it relates to high sense of security which is what a girl displays when takes the initiative to go for what she wants. People just use words for using sake.

This issue of ladies waiting for a guy to initiate the move has led many Nigerian ladies into settling with the men they never dreamed or wished to be with since they cannot make their own move to get what they want...it all boils down on the guy she approached & her personality- if she is ugly & bad mannered & known for waywardness, definitely she ought not to do the chasing or initiation, but if she is sound, cute & well mannered, believe me she can never get turned down becos she is alread a most wanted by majority of men...& if she initiates the contact & crawls back into her shell for the guy to do the chasing....but not by proving abnormally difficult, she won't regret cos most sound & real men respect & value a woman who made a move towards them cos it displays pure love & not the situation a guy will be chasing a girl for months while she is busy looking for something material around the guy to entice her into agreeing to date or marry him.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Sike(m): 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
Vikin: Let me teach you how to ask a guy out indirectly.

First you should have a high self esteem, confidence and irresistable kiss kiss

Approach him and engage him in an interesting conversation...it can be anything..football, his shoes, his hair, color, race etc. Even if you dont know much about the topic, make him do the explanation part and you do the asking while maintaining a good posture and good level of self confident.

If he is interested in you, he will ask for your number and voila..you go from there.

You can also ask for it, there is no harm in that.

If he is not, just let him be and target another person that will respond to you.

This is a two way thing, be you woman or man, it works...trust me wink wink wink

So my dear, depend on the style used, it not wrong to ask a guy out!

*clapping*
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by oladayo042: 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
Nothing wrong with it IMHO. Though I will not be comfortable with hearing it bluntly.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by lumeneng22: 1:56pm On Jun 21, 2012
It is wrong my dear, even the guy will not appreciate it. You will be shocked to ur bone marrow when you hear what the same guy will be saying about u. In fact u wll be looked down upon.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by UyiIredia(m): 1:59pm On Jun 21, 2012
There is NOTHING wrong with a girl asking a guy out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MISS NL Nominees So Far (critical Analysis Of Each Nominee) / Let's Create New Relationships: Romanceland Matchmaking Thread / I Will Treat Any Girl That Date Me Because Of Money Like Dog.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.