Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? (1810 Views)

Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? / Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by ektbear: 4:43am On Jun 21, 2012
My little sister just annoyed me right now.

She is on her summer break, and pretty much has enormous amounts of time free.

I asked her to proofread something for me. She told me some crap about how I should given her one week's notice, etc.

I'm thinking to myself, after all the things I do for you, this is how you treat me?

When your summer is being spent goofing off, you can't spend 20 minutes to do me one favor?

I'm a little angry right now at her. Plus I've had a long and tiring day.

Anyway, the other sister has behaved better.

If I were physically near this 17 year old one, I would probably smack her.
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by Nobody: 4:47am On Jun 21, 2012
n
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by Nobody: 4:48am On Jun 21, 2012
n
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by ektbear: 4:58am On Jun 21, 2012
working like a slave lately...no time for nling
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by Nobody: 5:04am On Jun 21, 2012
awwwww.
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by Brixtonyute(m): 5:23am On Jun 21, 2012
ekt_bear: My little sister just annoyed me right now.

I asked her to proofread something for me. She told me some crap about how I should given her one week's notice, etc.

I'm thinking to myself, after all the things I do for you, this is how you treat me?

When your summer is being spent goofing off, you can't spend 20 minutes to do me one favor?

Dude, you sound like a cry baby. I seriously hope you don't have a vagina down there.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by Odunnu: 6:08am On Jun 21, 2012
Bitter?! Thats a stronger emotion. Get angry, say stuff, threaten and move on. Thats normal.
Get bitter, thats an abnormal extreme.
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by ektbear: 6:24am On Jun 21, 2012
Brixton: Eh...your opinion doesn't count for very much with me, dude.
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 21, 2012
ekt bear, sisters can be annoying at that age. It will pass. : )
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 21, 2012
Oh, and is it wrong for you to be bitter? If thats how you feel right now.... no. But do try to understand, in spite of it, that she is a teenager and may act this way, and.. Ill bet she loves her brother to death!
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by Brixtonyute(m): 7:16am On Jun 21, 2012
Err.. Dude, you are chris bosh soft. I wonder if your sis don't beat you up. Act like a man, dude. Momma's little boy, your partner defo needs a bucket cos I know you will cry everyday on her shoulders.
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by ektbear: 7:25am On Jun 21, 2012
lmao

speaking of chris bosh soft...

To borrow from another player from that series, "No more comments for you, bro"
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by queensmith: 11:17am On Jun 21, 2012
Lol- don't be bitter, I am very sure you've done more than piss her off in the past. Lol 2 weeks notice she's a badt girl.

I couldn't stand my siblings for 5 seconds of any given day when I was its them, now I'll do anything to have them around.
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 21, 2012
The feeling will pass soon. grin You won't even remember it.
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by SisiKill1: 1:58pm On Jun 21, 2012
ekt_bear: My little sister just annoyed me right now.

So is this what you do. . .count how you have helped her whenever any small issue crops up? undecided

Bro - Polish my shoe
Sis - I'm not in the mood
Bro - Ehn ehn. . .after everything I have done for you?

Bro - Wash my plate
Sis - Maybe later
Bro - Oga oh. . .after everything I have done for you?

Na wa oh, God save us from people (especially siblings) who think you are indebted to them for life just because of the teshere money they give you.

Well seeing as your sister isn't aware of the strings attached to your brotherly help, I'd suggest you sit her down and break it down. . ."Whoa, did you really think I was helping you because we are related? Sister, Please!! Who do you think I am. . .Santa Claus? Abegi!! Look here is how it's gonna go down. . .For every N1000 I give you, you owe me 20 mins of your time"

I don't think there will be any more misunderstanding and Bitterness(Yikes, such a strong word for something as silly as proof reading. I wonder what you will use, if God forbid you needed a kidney and she refuses to give you one of hers)once you have cleared the air.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by Enoquin(f): 1:58pm On Jun 21, 2012
undecided@OP: Lol...sometimes they can be quite annoying and loving but I think when you come to the realisation that she is growing to be her own person, independent from you...you'll probably understand her own point of view (I am speaking from experience)...How many times do we give our parents excuses too...after all they might have done for us?
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by lagcity(m): 2:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
smack that lil brat!
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by Shinatu: 3:37pm On Jun 22, 2012
Poster,

I am the first child in my family, where the parents died along the way and I went through many of such bitter times. You will just wonder why they are the most important thing to you and they seem to consider 1001 other things before they give you consideration, you sacfrice much only to hear that becasue of one friend or one commitment somewhere, they cannot attend to your occassional requests.

I found out that our sense of responsibility is different from person to person, but never to worry there is still hope, give her time to grow up, I almost cried the day my Sister now married with kids had a deep thought one day, called my name and said 'Ah you tried!.

I am still waiting for my brother to say the same!
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:05am On Jun 24, 2012
Op has been whinning too much on Nairaland lately. . .
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by maclatunji: 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2012
semid4lyfe: Op has been whinning too much on Nairaland lately. . .

You noticed?
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by maclatunji: 6:25pm On Jun 24, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

So is this what you do. . .count how you have helped her whenever any small issue crops up? undecided

Bro - Polish my shoe
Sis - I'm not in the mood
Bro - Ehn ehn. . .after everything I have done for you?

Bro - Wash my plate
Sis - Maybe later
Bro - Oga oh. . .after everything I have done for you?

Na wa oh, God save us from people (especially siblings) who think you are indebted to them for life just because of the teshere money they give you.

Well seeing as your sister isn't aware of the strings attached to your brotherly help, I'd suggest you sit her down and break it down. . ."Whoa, did you really think I was helping you because we are related? Sister, Please!! Who do you think I am. . .Santa Claus? Abegi!! Look here is how it's gonna go down. . .For every N1000 I give you, you owe me 20 mins of your time"

I don't think there will be any more misunderstanding and Bitterness(Yikes, such a strong word for something as silly as proof reading. I wonder what you will use, if God forbid you needed a kidney and she refuses to give you one of hers)once you have cleared the air.

You must be busy, I expect you to make it more elaborately dramatic or is it dramatically elaborate?
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by pleep(m): 5:10am On Jul 10, 2012
Op i completely relate to you on this one... my sister is the exact same way.

Younger siblings can be selfish at times, i just give them a taste of their own medicine until they act right.
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 11, 2012
Da fudge!

Dude, are you this petty/girlie?
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by ektbear: 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2012
wetin concern you

if you can't relate, keep it moving
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 11, 2012
Son, slide back to the politics section abeg.
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by SisiKill1: 10:03pm On Jul 11, 2012
^^^^Hehehehehe cheesy

maclatunji:

You must be busy, I expect you to make it more elaborately dramatic or is it dramatically elaborate?
Oh Uncle mi!
Re: Is It Wrong For Me To Be Bitter? by ektbear: 10:50pm On Jul 11, 2012
Your advice/suggestion has been weighed and measured, found wanting, and thus rejected

(1) (Reply)

7 Common Characteristics Of A Liar / Generator Wahala Please Help / My 87years Old Granpa Still Wants To Re-marry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.