Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers (4386 Views)

Student Cultists Surrender In OAU As Adeboye Ministers / Barewa College Produced 5 Presidents, Over 20 Governors, Ministers, Cjns / Project Topics In Food Science And Technology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by Koolking(m): 11:14am On Jun 21, 2012
A Nigerian Doctoral Student, DANIEL AMUND has been appointed as an honorary adviser to the UK government on Food Science. This come as goodnews at a time when Nigeria's image is being smeared with Corruptions, bombings, kidnapping and all manner of religious and political vices.

This is goodnews folks. Hope is not lost for Nigerians. Despite the odd, we will still leverage on the true Nigerian spirit.

A London Met PhD student is bound for the halls of Westminster after securing a three-month post to advise the government on food science matters.

Daniel Amund, who studies at the Faculty of Life Sciences, was hand-picked by the Institute of Food Science and Technology in conjunction with the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology for a research fellowship.

The fellowship is offered to just one PhD student, nationally, each year.

Daniel said he is thrilled to have won the fellowship after five years study at London Met and expects it to reveal more career paths in the food science industry.

“This definitely feels great. The most exciting thing is that it allows me to see what else is out there and to test where this can take my career within the field of science,” he said.

“The interview went really well. My application focussed on topics other than my PhD and I think maybe they liked the fact I knew about areas that weren’t related to my research.”

At the beginning of his placement the 29-year-old will be given a research topic and be asked to write a briefing paper for ministers and public policy makers by October.

Daniel completed his undergraduate degree in microbiology at the University of Lagos in Nigeria before transferring to London Met to do a Masters in food science in 2007, and embarking on his PhD on probiotic bacteria in 2010.
http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/news/latest-news/2012/june/food-scientist-heading-for-westminister.cfm

2 Likes

Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by Koolking(m): 11:16am On Jun 21, 2012
Congratulations to Daniel Amund. You are an inspiration to Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by eotonye: 3:07pm On Jun 21, 2012
Koolking: Congratulations to Daniel Amund. You are an inspiration to Nigerians

this is what we call FRESH AIR for Nigerian youths. grin smiley
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by binigirl(f): 3:09pm On Jun 21, 2012
Wow shocked shocked shocked shocked dats great news..at least great things are still happening 2 ppl in d country cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by 27naira(m): 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2012
do you mean "defunct" University of Lagos? cheesy

Somebody tell Londonmets to correct the name to "Maulag" or Moshood Oremi Aremu Abiola University of Goodluck Jonathan. That's the fly name.

I dont wanna keep reading University of Lagos when our shoeless president has already confirmed a new name on that super institution. angry

meanwhile, Daniel Amund... you've done all of us proud!
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by icez: 3:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
27naira: do you mean[b] "defunct" University of Lagos? [/b] cheesy

Somebody tell Londonmets to correct the name to "Maulag" or Moshood Oremi Aremu Abiola University of Goodluck Jonathan. That's the fly name.

I dont wanna keep reading University of Lagos when our shoeless president has already confirmed a new name on that super institution. angry

meanwhile, Daniel Amund... you've done all of us proud!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by Kx: 3:24pm On Jun 21, 2012
27naira: do you mean "defunct" University of Lagos? cheesy

Somebody tell Londonmets to correct the name to "Maulag" or Moshood [b]Kashimawo [/b]Oremi Aremu Abiola University of Goodluck Jonathan.
GEJ should not forget the K in the name MKO.
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by wale81: 3:25pm On Jun 21, 2012
I knew this dude from unilag days he had a first class...raised his GP from three point something to a first....its nice to see Nigerian youths out there doing stuff.
@27 naira: lol @ "Your shoeless president" grin grin

1 Like

Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by abdulkayus(m): 3:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
Dat is great, imagine a 29 years old PhD student appointed as adviser, hmmmmm can dat be done in nigeria, instead dey will be appointin old cargoes dat wan to die in politics

1 Like

Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by Kakatazz(f): 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
Congrats Coz.I no dey claim am o na my real Coz.If you know Prof. kayode Amund,the Dean of Sciences thats our Uncle o.
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by icez: 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2012
abdulkayus: Dat is great, imagine a 29 years old PhD student appointed as adviser, hmmmmm can dat be done in nigeria, instead dey will be appointin old cargoes dat wan to die in politics

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by AndroBlaze: 3:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
Kakatazz: Congrats Coz.I no dey claim am o na my real Coz.If you know Prof. kayode Amund,the Dean of Sciences thats our Uncle o.

What state are u guys from with that surname??
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by GboyegaD(m): 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2012
Congrats Daniel. Seems that name Daniel truly open great doors.
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 21, 2012
Aaawwwh! Congrats Daniel...how time flies, really. #I remember jambito dayz. cheesy
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by Koolking(m): 4:44pm On Jun 21, 2012
Andro Blaze:

What state are u guys from with that surname??

Definitely Lagos
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by Urine: 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2012
Kakatazz: Congrats Coz.I no dey claim am o na my real Coz.If you know Prof. kayode Amund,the Dean of Sciences thats our Uncle o.

Be sincere,if it was a negative story will you say he is your cousin? #JustAsking wink
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by Koolking(m): 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2012
abdulkayus: Dat is great, imagine a 29 years old PhD student appointed as adviser, hmmmmm can dat be done in nigeria, instead dey will be appointin old cargoes dat wan to die in politics

Mehn, that's quite an achievement. He will make one of the world wonders if he keeps up that color. Congratulations once again to my brother of different parents
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by Koolking(m): 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2012
bini girl: Wow shocked shocked shocked shocked dats great news..at least great things are still happening 2 ppl in d country cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Greater things are bound to happen. Credible Nigerians are not petty and can never be held down by our parochial leaders
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by Koolking(m): 4:52pm On Jun 21, 2012
Urine:

Be sincere,if it was a negative story will you say he is your cousin? #JustAsking wink

grin grin grin ;DWhoever wants to associate with failure. Success has myriad of followers. Of course you know it dude.

2 Likes

Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by yamunla(m): 5:05pm On Jun 21, 2012
Congrats man,his father happens to be Prof olukayode Amund of the faculty of science.and funny enough they are all boys in their family..I av known them right from HIghrise days.
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by jnrprof(m): 9:53pm On Jun 21, 2012
And this is his proud younger brother speaking! grin He ha received quite a number of marriage proposals cos of this achievement lol. for those that know us, I'm the number 3. For those that think i'm famzing, check my profile and you'll see the resemblance wink
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by wizb: 10:59pm On Jun 21, 2012
This is good news, I'm inspired. Congratulations Daniel!
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by amor4ce(m): 2:32am On Jun 22, 2012
Omo Oodua advising the enemy of his people? shocked
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by nelly4(f): 2:59am On Jun 22, 2012
awwww.......is it really Daniel of the Microbiology department Unilag who was the Tresurer of Micro students as at 2002, Faculty of science...Son to Prof Kayode Amund...his younger brother Deji should still be at PriceWaterCoopers..omo meeennh ..... Let me buzz him nau on fcbk cos we go way back......Congratulations
Re: Daniel Amund Appointed Food Science Adviser To UK Ministers by Koolking(m): 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2012
jnr prof: And this is his proud younger brother speaking! grin He ha received quite a number of marriage proposals cos of this achievement lol. for those that know us, I'm the number 3. For those that think i'm famzing, check my profile and you'll see the resemblance wink

Dude, you are right. Congratulations. Don't be the black ship of the family. I hope you do better than him.

(1) (Reply)

Names Of VCs Of Unilorin & Rectors Of Kwara State Polytechnic from2006 Till Date / Meet The Girl Representing All Of Africa In This Year's Spelling Bee / Monday 16th March 2020 JAMB Expo Runs Answers By Examentrance.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.