Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote (10054 Views)

Poll: which do you prefer

AMD: 20% (25 votes)
INTEL: 79% (99 votes)
This poll has ended

HELP : INTEL Core Vs AMD : Which Is Better ? / Intel Vs Amd Which One Is The Best?? / Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by sanchez4eva: 4:07pm On Jun 22, 2012
Right now my amd laptop has crashed and Is in τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ shop...about to sell it as scrap for 8k to buy a new intel laptop (I m thnkin hp pavillon or hp630)...Lemme advice u guys truthfully...amd laptops are cheaper but it comes with a price which is after 2 years of use,an amd laptop is a dying laptop...continuous hibernation and sleeping wld kill your amd laptop but intel are good to go...my bro's amd laptop is dead too but my frnd's intel lapi is stil alive(bought 3 of them at τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ same tyme)...There's a possibility dat amd laptops are better but I am not a computer expert, I am writing from experience..Intel is far better than AMD but more expensive while AmD is cheaper dan intel but usually develops VGA and motherboard problems......Peace

2 Likes

Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by justsmile(f): 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2012
hmmmm.... only guys responding! Is it that my fellow females hv no idea of the topic?!....lol. But trust, hair and makeup, we are No 1 wink Don't mind me guys, Didn't mean to derail the thread, just saw some humor in only guys replying the topic. Truth be said, am learning from y'all comments. But hey, we hv well enlightened ladies o!
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 22, 2012
sanchez4eva: Right now my amd laptop has crashed and Is in τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ shop...about to sell it as scrap for 8k to buy a new intel laptop (I m thnkin hp pavillon or hp630)...Lemme advice u guys truthfully...amd laptops are cheaper but it comes with a price which is after 2 years of use,an amd laptop is a dying laptop...continuous hibernation and sleeping wld kill your amd laptop but intel are good to go...my bro's amd laptop is dead too but my frnd's intel lapi is stil alive(bought 3 of them at τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ same tyme)...There's a possibility dat amd laptops are better but I am not a computer expert, I am writing from experience..Intel is far better than AMD but more expensive while AmD is cheaper dan intel but usually develops VGA and motherboard problems......Peace
GBAM! case closed!!! mods pls lock this thread. thank you guy

1 Like

Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2012
justsmile: hmmmm.... only guys responding! Is it that my fellow females hv no idea of the topic?!....lol. But trust, hair and makeup, we are No 1 wink Don't mind me guys, Didn't mean to derail the thread, just saw some humor in only guys replying the topic. Truth be said, am learning from y'all comments. But hey, we hv well enlightened ladies o!
if u r lookin for our ladies to contribute to such topics, u r on d longest thing.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Onyenna(m): 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2012
mrperfect: AMD because of our hot weather.

AMD produces too much heat...... Now why would u prefer it in a hot weather
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by AtheistD(m): 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2012
zumarock8:

if u knw wat ur say u would hve keep quite, who say itel is better dan AMD in gamin, i ve used the two. Dats a fat lie,

grin

Check this out: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

According to benchmarking the Opteron is the highest benchmarked AMD processor and it is way down the list.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Abbeycity88(m): 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2012
I use 2 recommend AMD 4 my enemyz and INTEL 4 my frendz includin u. INTEL all d way!

1 Like

Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by kheart(m): 5:11pm On Jun 22, 2012
Intel is better in africa but i still prefer amd
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 22, 2012
I just purchased a toshiba I7 Core Processor and it is very good, running smooth and low heat. I once used a toshiba AMD processor, lasted only 7months. During use the AMD generated a lot of heat. Did not know much about what impact the heat will have but it got me worried and later the laptop packed up after 7 months. my new laptop P850 Toshiba I7 processor is very good. Quite expensive though.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 22, 2012
When it comes to gaming amd is d best.....smooth graphics but can be a heat producer.....it is not suited for our weather in dis country..bcuz of dis reason d processor doesn't really last ....typical amd laptops have a life-span of btw 1 - 2years ....on d oda hand if u want a reliable processor go 4 intel but if u r a games guy or heavy graphics user u wld b quite disappointed bcuz intel doesn't hav enuff juice in its buds 2giv wat U need.....4me its AMD...if it crashes U buy anoda 1......

1 Like

Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by AtheistD(m): 5:52pm On Jun 22, 2012
kdamz: When it comes to gaming amd is d best.....smooth graphics but can be a heat producer.....it is not suited for our weather in dis country..bcuz of dis reason d processor doesn't really last ....typical amd laptops have a life-span of btw 1 - 2years ....on d oda hand if u want a reliable processor go 4 intel but if u r a games guy or heavy graphics user u wld b quite disappointed bcuz intel doesn't hav enuff juice in its buds 2giv wat U need.....4me its AMD...if it crashes U buy anoda 1......

Graphics are mostly related to the GPU. The CPU mostly aids performance. In regards benchmarks AMD falls way behind Intel.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by geefasee: 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2012
[b][/b][color=#006600][/color]na intel be oga to amd.
can yu compare stone to rock
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by medotorres(m): 6:55pm On Jun 22, 2012
amd is d best intel is good sha but not like amd
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Bright2(m): 7:22pm On Jun 22, 2012
AMD rocks well for me wink there i am .
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Maleeq(m): 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2012
Hmmmmm, just wondering how many of those that have commented so far actually do intensive processing that makes the differences in benchmark results of the AMD/Intel apparent! What difference would mico-seconds difference offer a typical "watch movies, browse the internet, spreedsheet processing" person in terms of processor? Just saying!

Someone previously posted that his AMD laptop crashed after 7months, and you automatically blame it on the CPU? Its worthy to note, a properly working and properly designed laptop will never "overheat" to the point of crashing regardless of what CPU it has. Some may run hotter than others, but as long as it's within spec and stable, it's fine.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by pedel: 9:06pm On Jun 22, 2012
This is my first post on Nairaland in three years and one month of membership.
I work for Intel as a Process Engineer.
From the days of Hyperthreading to Multicore processing, Intel has been the leader in product design and innovation.
I assume the OP is asking about Intel's products VS AMD's and not comparing the two companies; Intel is the 5th popular brand in the world following Microsoft and followed by Google and NOKIA.

Intel is the No 1 and largest chipset manufacturing company in the world.
Intel processors powers most of the datacenters in the world. Most ATMs are powered by Intel chipsets. Intel has a lot of 'channel' customers that uses Intel chipsets without displaying intel logo on the products i.e. SONY®, they don't display intel logo on PS3 and they are powered by intel. Most of the gadget that are in use today are powered by Intel.

Most high-end and costly computers are powered by intel's chipsets; there must be reasons for this...
May be some people can enlighten us... There is a free INTEL processor for anyone who can educate us on why Intel is better...

1 Like

Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by inspiROHM(m): 9:18pm On Jun 22, 2012
You all running mouth on Intel drinking the Haterade check this monster out AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor on google. This thing devours anything you throw at it you can even find all the pieces. I have been using AMDs for like 10 years and never had I experienced the heat thing. This BEAST overclock to 4.7GHz when you do not use the stock fan just combine it with a good cooling fan like mine, a Thermaltake CLP0554 80mm Sleeve CPU Cooler and this thing runs at an amazing 45 degrees centigrade. Plays all games maxed out. See crysis in its jaw dropping glory. I had to stop and admire the jungle scenery... Need I tell you, it is twice as powerful as a Core i7 and less than half the price
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Maleeq(m): 9:19pm On Jun 22, 2012
pedel: This is my first post on Nairaland in three years and one month of membership.
I work for Intel as a Process Engineer.
From the days of Hyperthreading to Multicore processing, Intel has been the leader in product design and innovation.
I assume the OP is asking about Intel's products VS AMD's and not comparing the two companies; Intel is the 5th popular brand in the world following Microsoft and followed by Google and NOKIA.

Intel is the No 1 and largest chipset manufacturing company in the world.
Intel processors powers most of the datacenters in the world. Most ATMs are powered by Intel chipsets. Intel has a lot of 'channel' customers that uses Intel chipsets without displaying intel logo on the products i.e. SONY®, they don't display intel logo on PS3 and they are powered by intel. Most of the gadget that are in use today are powered by Intel.

Most high-end and costly computers are powered by intel's chipsets; there must be reasons for this...
May be some people can enlighten us... There is a free INTEL processor for anyone who can educate us on why Intel is better...
Uhmmmm, aren't you in a better position to enlighten us?

PS: you still can send the free processor to me! grin

1 Like

Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by kenomobola(m): 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2012
Intel CPUs (especially core i7 versions) are the undisputed kings but anyone dismissing AMD CPUs is being too hasty. Compare the core i7 with AMD's Phenoms and FX series to get a fair comparison. Intel CPUs are faster and better but they're extremely expensive, if you want more value for money consider AMD. And please I'm not referring to the now pathetic Turion, Athlon, and Semptron processors you see in our markets. Also, please don't complain of heat whenever you use a desktop CPU in a laptop, it's bound to happen.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by Dabss(m): 1:07am On Jun 23, 2012
if you want a good processor and quality graphics then go for intel pc with nvidia gpu shikena!!
and fyi the new intel hd series is really getting better and better
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by boogie2: 8:08am On Jun 23, 2012
The truths is even when an AMD processor is faster than and intel processor in terms of GHZ, most software codes have been optimised to run smoother and faster on intel. ADVANCED COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE EXPERT!!!
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by LordReed(m): 11:07am On Jun 23, 2012
ekt_bear: AMD in my experience is cheaper, and better value for money.

Otoh, their chips run a little hotter I think undecided

Who is Otoh?
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by montelik(m): 2:03pm On Jun 23, 2012
^^ Otoh - on the other hand.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by marleygab(m): 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2012
You asked d question 'WHY' Pls let's try 2educate each other here, tell us why!

well i prefer AMD to Intel. Intel processors might be a little bit faster but hardly noticed by the human brain the difference is negligible. AMD processors are also fast and can multitask as well. but when it comes to what can really be noticed like pictures, graphics motion clarity there simply is no competition AMD beats intel hands down. i seriously can not comprehend all the noise bout heat from AMD processsors, AMD do not make only a single processor, there are so many various models and most really do run cool. some intel processors run hot also. AMD were the first to incoporate a GPU into their chip before intel copied. AMD bought over ATI the 3rd largest graphics software and hardware company in the world to expand their graphics technology base. Although i'm using a core i3 sandy bridge i seriously miss my A8 vision.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by LordReed(m): 3:44pm On Jun 23, 2012
montelik: ^^ Otoh - on the other hand.

Oh! Thanks but he should have put it in capitals else it sounds like a name.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by initialize(m): 4:45pm On Jun 23, 2012
intel celeron processors too produce heat like the AMDs but if you want to burn your thighs and your house, go and buy HP laptop that is using AMD processor, you go die, it even triggers asthma attack where the thing hot reach. i can give you list of laptops that i have used and experience this oven like performance

here is a few list:

HP dv5
HP 6735s
HP HDx 16 - this one runs on intel celeron and you go off am after 30mins of usage if light no dey
HP dv4
HP CQ series too.

let me make suggestions for a sweet experience laptop:

Buy the Dell studio series such as 1555, or XPS L502x or 15z (running on core i5 processor with nvidia graphics)
you'll enjoy your sleep.

Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by ExcelDec(m): 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2012
joeydozzy: definitely intel

INTEL on point...
AMD bearing Laptops are always very Hot & does not last.
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by UcLloyd: 3:26pm On Jun 24, 2012
Pls which graphics card is good for Gaming? I plan on replacing my laptop, buh I intend buying one that have a good graphics card, for gaming
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by teelord1(m): 6:12pm On Jun 24, 2012
Definately intel Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ okay but i for personal reason i like AMD nd ve being using it for more than 1years nw
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by AtheistD(m): 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2012
UcLloyd: Pls which graphics card is good for Gaming? I plan on replacing my laptop, buh I intend buying one that have a good graphics cd, for gaming
AMD Radeon 7970. Get 2 as crossfire. grin wink

1 Like

Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by initialize(m): 6:43am On Jun 26, 2012
UcLloyd: Pls which graphics card is good for Gaming? I plan on replacing my laptop, buh I intend buying one that have a good graphics card, for gaming

buy laptop with Nvidia Geforce GT 525M, even the earlier recommended ATI graphics card dey chase am
Re: Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote by adewasco2k(m): 8:57am On Jun 28, 2012
mrperfect: AMD because of our hot weather.

u choose AMD because of our HOT weather

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed / How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install / Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.