Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,727 members, 7,802,188 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Difference Between Developer And Programmer. Interview Question - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Difference Between Developer And Programmer. Interview Question (1312 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Developer And Programmer. Interview Question by hischoice(m): 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
Fellow Coders,
I have been invited for an interview for the position of a Programmer/Developer in a Lagos based I.T firm.
In preparing, there is this function that keeps recursing in my mind:
"Hey, you will be asked to explain the difference between a programmer and a developer"
Google (surprisingly) needs help on this too.
Ever heard/read about this before. Kindly share asap.
Re: Difference Between Developer And Programmer. Interview Question by Seun(m): 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2012
Software Development is a broad term that includes programming but also other tasks related to programming. I think the word "developer" has been coined to replace the term "programmer" to reflect the fact that a modern programmer must do a lot of other things that can't strictly be referred to as "programming".
Re: Difference Between Developer And Programmer. Interview Question by harryobas: 5:18pm On Jun 21, 2012
A programmer is nothing but a coder , He just codes accordingly to the specification or design . Whereas a developer developes the software/module from understanding the requirement, then design the solution,code it and then test the same. All developers are programmers but not all programmers are developers.
Re: Difference Between Developer And Programmer. Interview Question by abbyode(m): 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2012
I am sure you dont need further explanation than the two you already have above.
Re: Difference Between Developer And Programmer. Interview Question by logica(m): 1:44am On Jun 22, 2012
Programmer < Developer.
Re: Difference Between Developer And Programmer. Interview Question by hischoice(m): 8:35am On Jun 22, 2012
Once again, Nairaland has helped google! #thanksAll
Re: Difference Between Developer And Programmer. Interview Question by Danyl(m): 11:54am On Jun 22, 2012
@OP,
harryobas: A programmer is nothing but a coder , He just codes accordingly to the specification or design . Whereas a developer developes the software/module from understanding the requirement, then design the solution,code it and then test the same. All developers are programmers but not all programmers are developers.
well said
Re: Difference Between Developer And Programmer. Interview Question by Moderrator: 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2012
A developer can use different applications to build one.
A programmer builds the tools.
So Programmer !< Develper in any way at all.
PHP Nigeria Facebook Page: http://www./169274473187646/
Worth a check.
Re: Difference Between Developer And Programmer. Interview Question by Bossman(m): 3:13pm On Jun 25, 2012
I do NOT see how in the world this will be an interview question (At least not here in the USA). It has absolutely zero significance to your technical skills, which should be the goal of a technical interview. Then, again, they do things differently over there.
Re: Difference Between Developer And Programmer. Interview Question by logica(m): 9:41pm On Jun 25, 2012
Bossman: I do NOT see how in the world this will be an interview question (At least not here in the USA). It has absolutely zero significance to your technical skills, which should be the goal of a technical interview. Then, again, they do things differently over there.
LOL. And you can see that some of them still don't know the difference.

(1) (Reply)

Did You Guys Do These At School? / Need To Improve My Algorithm Skills (omo_to_dun,fayimora,ekt_bear And All) / Run Android As An OS On Your Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.