Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home (13659 Views)

The Actualization Of Biafra Will End Boko Haram -uwazuruike / Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo / Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by OAM4J: 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2012
Boko Haram: Uwazuruike urges Igbo to return home

Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) leader Chief Ralph Uwazuruike yesterday reiterated the call for Igbo living in the North to return home.

He said Igbos do not want to lose more of their kinsmen to the killings by Boko Haram.

During a telephone chat with The Nation, Uwazuruike said the incessant bombing of churches showed that security agencies cannot guarantee the safety of Nigerians living in the North.

The Ezeigbo chided the Joint Task Force for not tightening security around churches in Kaduna when it got intelligence reports about an imminent attack.

Urging Igbo to leave their businesses and come back home until the situation normalises, he said: “Dead persons are not conscious of their investments. It is only the living that can make money.

“Igbo in the North should move their investments back to the East where they can enjoy relative peace without living in fear and anxiety.”

Debunking rumours of reprisal plans in the Southeast, Uwazuruike said MASSOB is a non-violent organisation, which upholds the sanctity of life, and would never engage in the senseless killings and destruction that have become the hallmark of the Boko Haram sect.
His second-in-command, Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka, said the crisis in the North is fast degenerating into a religious war and security operatives can no longer guarantee the safety of Igbo in the North.

Ezeonwuka described the suicide bombers as religious fanatics, who had been hypnotised by the teachings of mischievous religious teachers.

The Ogirishi Igbo said: “It is obvious that the targets of the bombing are churches and Christian dominated parts of the North, so it is foolhardy for Igbo to remain there and be slaughtered like fowls on a daily basis. The wise thing to do in the face of the security situation is to leave the North.”

Ndigbo living in Kano have expressed their readiness to return home.

They said they have been living in fear since the Boko Haram insurgency began.

The President-General of Ndigbo in Kano, Chief Leonard Nwosu, said Igbo have become the major target of Boko Haram attacks in northern states.

He said: “The call for the evacuation of Igbo is sincere and precautionary, and we will abide by it. We stayed back in Kano because we thought the situation would improve, but it is getting worse by the day.”

Chairman of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) in the Southeast Dr. Chike Obidigbo said the Boko Haram insurgency is not only claiming the lives of Igbo, but their businesses as well.

Decrying the inability of the Federal Government to tackle the crisis, Obidigbo said it is worrisome that a “bunch of felons” are holding the nation to ransom.

He said: “While it is common to see nationals from Niger, Mali, Cameroun and other countries set up flourishing businesses in the North, it is unfortunate that Igbo are haunted after they have helped to develop economic and social activities there.
“To worsen matters, nobody is speaking for Ndigbo. Some of our governors have been weakened by their political ambitions and others owe allegiance to interests outside the Igbo nation.

“This is the right time for Igbos to build a synergy with the Yoruba. The North has become too harsh for Igbo and their businesses. We need a rethink of this Nigeria project.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/51021-boko-haram-uwazuruike-urges-igbo-to-return-home.html
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2012
Were they not "urged" to return home during the election fiasco? Did they not go back up North?

Abeg, ppl value money more than life. In this economy, where are they going to find jobs?

Damned if they go home. Damned if they don't.

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 21, 2012
Step 1: 2012, recall Igbos
Step 2: 2013, recall yorubas
Step 3: 2014, nationwide skirmishes
Step 4: 2014, eject Hausas from SE, SW
Step 5: 2014/15, mini upheavals/"war"
Step 6: 2015, SNC
Step 7: 2015, Sovereign Republic of Biafra, Oduduwa Republic
_
These shoulda been the 7-point agenda from the get go.

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
SimonAndal: Step 1: 2012, recall Igbos
_

Igbos and Yorubas are N.OT the only people in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by ikee(m): 6:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
True call, hope my people will listen to him. many have been killed and many are waiting to be killed. Ibos sef don't need to be called before they return home.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Syfy(f): 6:13pm On Jun 21, 2012
What are they still doing there?
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by ebamma(m): 6:15pm On Jun 21, 2012
when them return home him go feed them

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by crackhouse(m): 6:16pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Were they not "urged" to return home during the election fiasco? Did they not go back up North?

Abeg, ppl value money more than life. In this economy, where are they going to find jobs?

damn damn, those dudes are in real dilemma.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by mikuz(m): 6:19pm On Jun 21, 2012
ebamma: when them return home him go feed them
what do you mean? Wetin dem go eat and their lives which one important pass?
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Afam4eva(m): 6:21pm On Jun 21, 2012
Some Igbos are better off dead because they're sturbborn and prefere to protect their investment in hell than stay alive.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by OjileOkoh: 6:21pm On Jun 21, 2012
SimonAndal: Step 1: 2012, recall Igbos
_
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Igbos and Yorubas are N.OT the only people in Nigeria.
_
True, but they're two of the three most visible ethnicities. I'm generalising. Geddit?
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On Jun 21, 2012
Would they listen to him?
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by waja(m): 6:23pm On Jun 21, 2012
Let them come back ooh!
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by daviesmania(m): 6:27pm On Jun 21, 2012
The shld no beta dan signin their death warrants, if they think their investment is worth more dan their life then the choice is theirs. Stay & die! Run & live.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by 9jaIhail(m): 6:28pm On Jun 21, 2012
ebamma: when them return home him go feed them

You are better off dead than to be alive and write this shyt.Stay there boko haram is coming to roast your rat azz.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 21, 2012
I think what some people have forgotten is that there are more than three tribes in Nigeria. The north is not made up of only Hausas/Ibos/Yorubas and besides I see Uwazurike's call as very unreasonable. It's easy to ask people to leave the north but it's not practical. So many southerners have already been established up there for a loooong time now. People have come and had families, businesses, built houses (life is cheaper up there) and soo many other things. You can't just pack and leave all what you have been doing for decades now u know. Will Uwazurike provide jobs for the relocating families or schools for the kids or even houses for them. It's not as simple as people see it and believe me Nigerians have become more inter-woven with each other such that a separation of this nation can only be mentioned on paper.Think about all the different inter-tribal marriages that have happened between Southerners and people from Tribes like Idoma, Igala,Jukun, Tiv,natives of Jos, Gombe,, Bauchi, Niger and a lot other people. Uwazurike and many other people are treating this case as if it was just black and white, which is just wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Fhemmmy: 6:31pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Sad but True

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by adeibi: 6:36pm On Jun 21, 2012
VERY URGENT!!!
Please I really need help on this.
In which other country can I renew my International Passport in the schengen region.
I'm presently in Austria and passports are not issued here.
Where can I get one within a short time.
Thanks.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by dont8(m): 6:37pm On Jun 21, 2012
If only other ethnic groups can be like Yorubas, father traditionalist, mother christianity, children muslims and they live in peace and harmony.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by slimming: 6:38pm On Jun 21, 2012
dont8: If only other ethnic groups can be like Yorubas, father traditionalist, mother christianity, children muslims and they live in peace and harmony.

That great
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by ozoebuka1(m): 6:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
ekwah: I think what some people have forgotten is that there are more than three tribes in Nigeria. The north is not made up of only Hausas/Ibos/Yorubas and besides I see Uwazurike's call as very unreasonable. It's easy to ask people to leave the north but it's not practical. So many southerners have already been established up there for a loooong time now. People have come and had families, businesses, built houses (life is cheaper up there) and soo many other things. You can't just pack and leave all what you have been doing for decades now u know. Will Uwazurike provide jobs for the relocating families or schools for the kids or even houses for them. It's not as simple as people see it and believe me Nigerians have become more inter-woven with each other such that a separation of this nation can only be mentioned on paper.Think about all the different inter-tribal marriages that have happened between Southerners and people from Tribes like Idoma, Igala,Jukun, Tiv,natives of Jos, Gombe,, Bauchi, Niger and a lot other people. Uwazurike and many other people are treating this case as if it was just black and white, which is just wrong.
you are right but is it beta if they die protecting d so called property, eeh? GOD WILL EVEN PUNISH ANYBODY DAT HAVE NOT LEFT NORTH because HE IS DELIBRATELY WAITING TO COMMIT SUICIDE!
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by PointB: 6:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
ekwah: I think what some people have forgotten is that there are more than three tribes in Nigeria. The north is not made up of only Hausas/Ibos/Yorubas and besides I see Uwazurike's call as very unreasonable. It's easy to ask people to leave the north but it's not practical. So many southerners have already been established up there for a loooong time now. People have come and had families, businesses, built houses (life is cheaper up there) and soo many other things. You can't just pack and leave all what you have been doing for decades now u know. Will Uwazurike provide jobs for the relocating families or schools for the kids or even houses for them. It's not as simple as people see it and believe me Nigerians have become more inter-woven with each other such that a separation of this nation can only be mentioned on paper.Think about all the different inter-tribal marriages that have happened between Southerners and people from Tribes like Idoma, Igala,Jukun, Tiv,natives of Jos, Gombe,, Bauchi, Niger and a lot other people. Uwazurike and many other people are treating this case as if it was just black and white, which is just wrong.

Would you rather they stay and get slaughtered?

Anyone who cannot defend himself, and his investment should heed the call. Those who can may stay. Certainly, not every Igbo will come back home, even if war breaks out. Life is precious; that's why "self preservation is the first law of nature."

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by ozoebuka1(m): 6:46pm On Jun 21, 2012
dont8: If only other ethnic groups can be like Yorubas, father traditionalist, mother christianity, children muslims and they live in peace and harmony.
bullshit! which one be yoruba? no annoy me o.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by dayokanu(m): 6:49pm On Jun 21, 2012

So what do you suggest? They stay back and get killed?
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by blumail: 6:49pm On Jun 21, 2012
So what do you suggest? I really want to hear from you? Thanks.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2012

You mean we should all try to make our families dysfunctional ?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by dayokanu(m): 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
PointB:

Would you rather they stay and get slaughtered?

Anyone who cannot defend himself, and his investment should heed the call. Those who can may stay. Certainly, not every Igbo will come back home, even if war breaks out. Life is precious; that's why "self preservation is the first law of nature."

Bros Can you share just 2 ways you can protect yourself from suicide bombers that attack church, schools, Markets etc

If a man wearing jeans and Tshirt enters the church, University, Shop etc with bomb in his underwear/undershirt how do you protect yourself?

Maybe those in the North can learn from you
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by blumail: 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2012
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by 9jaIhail(m): 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2012

Yes you said it well but now the question is what do you advice the people up there to do as the region is not conducieve for anyone.Should they stay and got killed or live those properties and save life first? Please your suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2012
"Home" will prolly be "SouthWest" for a lot of them.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Fhemmmy: 6:58pm On Jun 21, 2012
dayokanu:

Bros Can you share just 2 ways you can protect yourself from suicide bombers that attack church, schools, Markets etc

If a man wearing jeans and Tshirt enters the church, University, Shop etc with bomb in his underwear/undershirt how do you protect yourself?

Maybe those in the North can learn from you

Scary, My heart and prayers goes to the people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Disregard. / Sit Up Over Power Supply - Discos Tell Buhari / If Asset Declaration Isn’t Public, What’s Its Point?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.