Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? (13804 Views)

Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. / 7 Types Of Atheists / Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 21, 2014
logicboy01:

I just had to share your comment.

All children are just children. It is we adults that label them "muslim children", christian children etc

yes, it is only an insecured person or parent that would be threatened by his/her child beliefs.
It is only parents suffering from insecurity that would force any religion on their children (and mostly it is always their religion).

Let them think for themselves, give them the best education, best environment, best nutrition and focus more on improving them in all aspect. I think thats the best thing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by ReubenAbati: 9:28am On Sep 21, 2014
alexleo:

I will not. And i ask, would you train your kids to be atheists?

[size=18pt]Atheists are the new Gays! LMAO.

I GUESS YOU WILL NOT ALLOW YOUR CHILDREN TO BE FRIENDS WITH MOSLEMS AND KIDS OF OTHER RELIGIOUS DENOMINATION

WHAT FUCKERY!
[/size]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-i7_W48_278o/T_CkERA9IDI/AAAAAAAAAJ8/FGF2XB47-Iw/s1600/andyrooney[/img]

7 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by chibwike(m): 9:29am On Sep 21, 2014
no
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by kevoh(m): 9:35am On Sep 21, 2014
Controversial thread! Space duly booked before they return from church and see this thread!

Oh by the way! Before you join the bandwagon of shallow religious people to respond NO to this question , think again! tongue Because your NO might be that you are falling short of your duties especially for you christians. EVANGELIZATION anyone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 21, 2014
musKeeto: Lmao.
I would expose my kids to a lot... make them understand why I believe in what I believe and all, teach them the importance of morals, and make sure they have as many friends as their social capabilities lets them..

Most importantly, I would teach them to be Igbos...
y nt teach dem to be Nigerians for peace sack.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by jasmine01s: 9:36am On Sep 21, 2014
PLEASE I NEED YOU TO VOTE FOR MY STARTUP COMPANY/ DREAM THROUGH THIS LINK PLEASE KINDLY REBROADCAST THANKS VERY MUCH kindly use phone browser or UCWEB to vote
SALAKO TESLIM AKOLADE
#REBUILDING NIGERIA
http://getgoing-toyota.com/sp/challenge/e8e6b0e7c4de9041d1016c20d3d4394d/
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 21, 2014
logicboy01: I remember this discussion among 3 women on a train. The women were talking about another mother (who wasn't there) who is an atheist and doesnt teach her children about God. The mothers said that they see some "funny" spirits in those children of the atheist. They said that they would prefer it if their children did not mix with the atheist's children, especially at the atheist childrens' homes/birthdays. The children with the women were at least 10 to 15 years old. There were 4 children altogether.

This whole thing got me thinking. I wonder, would you let your children 10-16 have friends that are atheist or children of atheist parents?

speechless
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by jericco1(m): 9:39am On Sep 21, 2014
I won't. Not in a million years, in everything I do I give thanks to God, I don't even care if their childern do believe or not but the point remains that as long as their parents are atheist, they would be traces in them. .
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Ranchhoddas: 9:43am On Sep 21, 2014
Why not?it's their choice to make and not mine.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by lanre316: 9:59am On Sep 21, 2014
Are there atheists in Nigeria or am I missing something? I have never seen an atheist in this country.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Aspiregreat: 10:00am On Sep 21, 2014
of course.

The bible does not say we (or our children) should not befriend unbelievers...it rather preaches love to all...as long as they respect each other.

But the bible also said BE NOT UNEQUALLY yOKED TOGETHER WITH UNBELIEVERS...
Beside the bible u remember dis- bad companions corrupt good manners......
yes love for all,...........with caution........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 21, 2014
I won't enslave my children mentally. I will only guide them morally.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 21, 2014
Ohk. Quick question to anyone that answers NO. 1) Would you allow your Christian child be friends with a Muslim even though you know you guys don't serve the same god? 2) If the answer to (1) is YES, does it imply that the most important thing to religious folks is belief no matter what the 'belief' is?

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 21, 2014
Aspiregreat:

But the bible also said BE NOT UNEQUALLY yOKED TOGETHER WITH UNBELIEVERS...
Beside the bible u remember dis- bad companions corrupt good manners......
yes love for all,...........with caution........
Hi. I really want to get it right. What is your definition of 'Unbelievers'? 1) Is it people who are not Christians? 2) Is it Christians that do not share your denomination e.g would you regard a Celestial Church member as a believer in the same way you see yourself? 3) Or are unbelievers just people who do not believe in a god?

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Rapsainot(m): 10:11am On Sep 21, 2014
Gonna be right back
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by jennylove7575(f): 10:13am On Sep 21, 2014
I would rather have my children mingling with atheists children than have them mingle with the children of some bunch of thieves, selfish, terrorist, fraudulent, manipulative, wicked people whom are highly religious and claims to believe in God..

9 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Feraz(m): 10:23am On Sep 21, 2014
lanre316: Are there atheists in Nigeria or am I missing something? I have never seen an atheist in this country.
Of course, there are atheists in this country. For the fact that some don't profess their beliefs due to stigmatization in job opportunities doesn't mean there aren't. I have lectures that are atheists.

I don't see any harm in them having friends that are atheists. Just make sure if you want your children to mature in their beliefs (not radicalized), then be prepared to answer whatever questions they'll throw at you. If you provide appropriate answers, then they won't have reasons to deviate from their beliefs; not trying to shun them or shouting at them for the questions thrown at you. At least, when you let them do so, it shows you're tolerant of others and it helps in making the world a better place.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Aspiregreat: 10:23am On Sep 21, 2014
oluafolabi: Hi. I really want to get it right. What is your definition of 'Unbelievers'? 1) Is it people who are not Christians? 2) Is it Christians that do not share your denomination e.g would you regard a Celestial Church member as a believer in the same way you see yourself? 3) Or are unbelievers just people who do not believe in a god?

on dat context unbelievers are those who dont believe in christ.....

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by lagcity(m): 10:25am On Sep 21, 2014
lanre316: Are there atheists in Nigeria or am I missing something? I have never seen an atheist in this country.

Honestly, in Nigeria, atheists are considered worse than homosexuals. If a gay person is about to be stoned to death and an atheist shows up, the homosexual would be let go and the atheist would replace him. I'm sure there are lots of atheists in Nigeria but they know that they will be killed by "religious" people. What an irony!

Religious people murdering atheists since 500BC angry

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 21, 2014
SAVEDBABA: y nt teach dem to be Nigerians for peace sack.
What is Nigeria? Pls, move along.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by lawrenceunaa: 10:30am On Sep 21, 2014
ya for sure but i would keep a close eye on them in order to to be misled by the atheist neighbour undecided
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Feraz(m): 10:30am On Sep 21, 2014
lagcity:

Honestly, in Nigeria, atheists are considered worse than homosexuals. If a gay person is about to be stoned to death and an atheist shows up, the homosexual would be let go and the atheist would replace him. I'm sure there are lots of atheists in Nigeria but they know that they will be killed by "religious" people. What an irony!

Religious people murdering atheists since 500BC angry
Haba bros!!! Isn't that too far fetched? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 21, 2014
Dat will be OVER MY DEAD BODY. "infact HEAVEN 4BID.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 21, 2014
lawrenceunaa: ya for sure but i would keep a close eye on them in order to to be misled by the atheist neighbour undecided
i pity ur children because uve given them free ticket to HELL.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by saladhor(m): 10:36am On Sep 21, 2014
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by tammie24: 10:38am On Sep 21, 2014
Never
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by saladhor(m): 10:38am On Sep 21, 2014
I'll cross that bridge when I come to it..

One thing is for sure, no harm can come of religious inclusion and tolerance. I would argue that these are the cornerstones of most faiths. 'Judge not other's, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Why can't people truly practise what they preach?

What is it about the human condition that makes us want to dictate to others what they should be? Could it be that we're so insecure in ourselves that we seek reaffirmation from seeing others the same way?

Why do we constantly have to create ingroups and outgroups even when life would be simpler (and simpler equals better) without them?

I'm not a religious person but I consider the possibility of a supernatural being and I believe that people of faith and secular people can and should co-exist in peace forged through mutual respect and constructive discussion. I don't think bottling.up the.issues and ignoring our differences is the way to go, neither is fighting, name-calling and stereotyping. There IS a middle ground.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Odunharry(m): 10:39am On Sep 21, 2014
ON BBM.
ME: Hi, Sup? You look pretty..
LADY: *no reply*
ME: How are you?
LADY: *no reply*
ME: You there? LADY: *no reply* ME: 9981 0098 8909
LADY: WOW!! Thanks, which
network?
ME: Cartoon Network.
Gud morninin and happy sunday 2 u all.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by mployer(m): 10:40am On Sep 21, 2014
Children of atheists may not be atheists at heart. God is a revelation, anybody can have it.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Idrismusty97(m): 10:40am On Sep 21, 2014
Sure they are, Most of them all go to your churches/Mosques because of societal pressure. Deep down they know they don't care about religion. The Internet is the best medium to express their opinions. With the pressure of hypocrites and brainwashed fanatics everywhere Nigeria is not a place to openly be an atheists.

7 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by priscaoge(f): 10:40am On Sep 21, 2014
That's a risk. I can't let them brainwash my kids. With the rate Atheists are aggressively
attacking Christianity,I can't let my kids play with their children. Secondly they can easily teach my children lies and turn them away from God!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by saladhor(m): 10:40am On Sep 21, 2014
Feraz: Of course, there are atheists in this country. For the fact that some don't profess their beliefs due to stigmatization in job opportunities doesn't mean there aren't. I have lectures that are atheists.

I don't see any harm in them having friends that are atheists. Just make sure if you want your children to mature in their beliefs (not radicalized), then be prepared to answer whatever questions they'll throw at you. If you provide appropriate answers, then they won't have reasons to deviate from their beliefs; not trying to shun them or shouting at them for the questions thrown at you. At least, when you let them do so, it shows you're tolerant of others and it helps in making the world a better place.

Thank you Sir. Well said.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammad Prophesied In Bible / Mountain Of Ido Ajinare / Gang Kidnaps 17 American Missionaries In Haiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.