Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? (13803 Views)

Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. / 7 Types Of Atheists / Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 21, 2014
lanre316: Are there atheists in Nigeria or am I missing something? I have never seen an atheist in this country.
There are, I know of two. My best friend and another guy like that.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by priscaoge(f): 10:43am On Sep 21, 2014
Idrismusty97: Sure they are, They all go to your churches/Mosques because of societal pressure. Deep down they know they don't care about religion. The Internet is the best medium to express their opinions. With the pressure of hypocrites and brainwashed fanatics everywhere Nigeria is not a place to openly be an atheists.
My dear what's d essence? Muslims,Christians et al are all proud of who they are,so y can't they do same? They only come to d internet to attack Christians and Muslims. Who is deceiving who?
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 21, 2014
Are you really sure about this?

Amusaopeyemi:
There are, I know of two. My best friend and another guy like that.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Feraz(m): 10:44am On Sep 21, 2014
messpero90: i pity ur children because uve given them free ticket to HELL.
You're funny oh. What makes you think the child is getting free ticket to hell? You stay within the confines of your room and conclude. Tomorrow, you wonder why people hate your belief. Peter in the bible that stayed in a gentile's house, did he go to hell even when then, the intolerance was pretty much? Instead of you to spend your time teaching about Jesus' love, you threaten people with hell.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by lagcity(m): 10:46am On Sep 21, 2014
Feraz: Haba bros!!! Isn't that too far fetched? grin grin grin

aaahh! You think I am joking? Atheist? They gonna kill you! In Nigeria, it is better to believe in Guru Maharaji than open your mouth and say there is no God at all. If you are gay, guys might not talk to you but some girls would still be friends with you. If you are atheist, nobody will come near you, even other atheists wont come near you for fear of exposure. grin grin grin Even if you are in a danfo, people will say make you come down so that the bus wont have accident. You don't know Nigeria cheesy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Feraz(m): 10:48am On Sep 21, 2014
priscaoge: That's a risk. I can't let them brainwash my kids. With the rate Atheists are aggressively
attacking Christianity,I can't let my kids play with their children. Secondly they can easily teach my children lies and turn them away from God!
Refer to the bolded

Feraz: Of course, there are atheists in this country. For the fact that some don't profess their beliefs due to stigmatization in job opportunities doesn't mean there aren't. I have lectures that are atheists.

I don't see any harm in them having friends that are atheists. Just make sure if you want your children to mature in their beliefs (not radicalized), then be prepared to answer whatever questions they'll throw at you. If you provide appropriate answers, then they won't have reasons to deviate from their beliefs; not trying to shun them or shouting at them for the questions thrown at you. At least, when you let them do so, it shows you're tolerant of others and it helps in making the world a better place.
In addition, I don't think you can grow in your belief if you haven't questioned certain parts of your belief. When you question it, and answers are found, it helps you grow more and hold your belief strongly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by GodMode: 10:51am On Sep 21, 2014
lagcity:

aaahh! You think I am joking? Atheist? They gonna kill you! In Nigeria, it is better to believe in Guru Maharaji than open your mouth and say there is no God at all. If you are gay, guys might not talk to you but some girls would still be friends with you. If you are atheist, nobody will come near you, even other atheists wont come near you for fear of exposure. grin grin grin Even if you are in a danfo, people will say make you come down so that the bus wont have accident. You don't know Nigeria cheesy.

Atheists rule the world

the OP has a right to opinion but messpero90 be confusing himself like he's met the creator
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by rezzy: 10:51am On Sep 21, 2014
My children will be only play with children of the same belief
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by lawrenceunaa: 10:52am On Sep 21, 2014
messpero90: i pity ur children because uve given them free ticket to HELL.
what made u think so
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Feraz(m): 10:53am On Sep 21, 2014
priscaoge:
My dear what's d essence? Muslims,Christians et al are all proud of who they are,so y can't they do same? They only come to d internet to attack Christians and Muslims. Who is deceiving who?
Atheists in this country won't have equal opportunities if they make their beliefs known so you can't blame them for not coming out with their beliefs. The only time you'll be listened to is if you've carved a niche for yourself. Though, these days, people are beginning to accept the fact that there are atheists.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by GodMode: 10:58am On Sep 21, 2014
rezzy: My children will be only play with children of the same belief

as long as they live they will surely meet people with different beliefs....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Feraz(m): 11:02am On Sep 21, 2014
lagcity:

grin grin

Of course, I know my country
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by cold(m): 11:05am On Sep 21, 2014
lagcity:

I swear this is so true. You're a marked man. Anything that goes wrong around your immediate environ is immediately heaped on you. You'll be accused of bringing misfortune to those around you. You could be lynched. Ahh..Nigerians,so notoriously religious it's not even funny
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by sapientia(m): 11:06am On Sep 21, 2014
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by rezzy: 11:07am On Sep 21, 2014
GodMode:

as long as they live they will surely meet people with different beliefs....

Yes, they will definately meet people with different beliefs but not when as children. But when they are adults, they can decide what is good from what is bad. But i'm sure i would have grounded them in the word that they cant change their belief.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by priscaoge(f): 11:11am On Sep 21, 2014
Feraz: Refer to the bolded

In addition, I don't think you can grow in your belief if you haven't questioned certain parts of your belief. When you question it, and answers are found, it helps you grow more and hold your belief strongly.
That is why it is important to lay a solid foundation of truth for our kids so that they can always be ready to give a defence to everyone who asks them a reason for the hope that is in them, with meekness and fear just as 1Peter 3:15 instructs! But my point is this,Children are easily brainwashed,they are easily influenced by their fellow kids and that might make them to deviate! Isn't that a risk?
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Darcwudz(m): 11:12am On Sep 21, 2014
Yes i wud....its part of training ur kids to know there are different kinds of people and beliefs....if they still stand with their belief with such people....It makes them stronger.....

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Daresh(f): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2014
jericco1: I won't. Not in a million years, in everything I do I give thanks to God, I don't even care if their childern do believe or not but the point remains that as long as their parents are atheist, they would be traces in them. .

This is so wrong. smh
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Originalsly: 11:18am On Sep 21, 2014
Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, so when he is old he will not depart from it." Christians need to read the Bible and follow the advice given. A parent that has to choose the playmates of the child is a parent who is failing in their basic parental responsibility....training the child. In the market....at the store...does this very parent first find out if the seller is an atheist? .....before getting on a bus or into a taxi does this very parent find out if the driver or any one of the passengers is an atheist?...when going for US visa..would the very parent.....?? I know they wouldn't. Hypocrite!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 21, 2014
lagcity:

True.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 21, 2014
cold:
I swear this is so true. You're a marked man. Anything that goes wrong around your immediate environ is immediately heaped on you. You'll be accused of bringing misfortune to those around you. You could be lynched. Ahh..Nigerians,so notoriously religious it's not even funny
Apt.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by godman01(m): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2014
logicboy01:

Of course. I will teach my children the 3 major realigions and show them the flaws in them.

See mentality! It is well o.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 21, 2014
Of course, I would. I don't discriminate against anyone on religious grounds.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Daresh(f): 11:28am On Sep 21, 2014
My then 12 year old cousin, lets call him Andy, from a very Christian home had a friend in school who was from an atheist home. Now in my aunt's home, there is bible reading every night, thanksgiving and discussions on the bible passages read. So Andy goes to school and his atheist friend says something about there being no god. The boy is not coming from a place of personal belief, just what he heard from his parents.

Now Andy being well versed in his faith and well taught by his parents goes on to explain God's love to his unbelieving friend. Andy's parents invite him to their home, there is love of God. It doesn't change the boys beliefs yet, but a seed has been sown.

Discrimination is what causes problems in our society. Discrimination based on skin color, religion, tribe, weight, sexual orientation, even height(another thread). But all these things are so secondary if you truly love God.

Do you love God? If you do, you do as his word commands and love your neighbour. Even if they don't love him or believe in him. Love them and your love might just be what brings them to Christ.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by godman01(m): 11:29am On Sep 21, 2014
Zikdik:
No. Joshua 1:8 states that "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success".

Thank me later.
You come fall the guy hand.
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by ojimbo(m): 11:30am On Sep 21, 2014
my mum and my dad are religious but me and my siblings are agnotics and we dont go to church expect my parents.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Originalsly: 11:34am On Sep 21, 2014
lagcity:

Lol.....Nigeria needs atheists to unite the country!....all religions and tribes...rich and poor...police and theives/politicians...will all passionately come together as one to fight the common enemy!
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by jomo01(m): 11:37am On Sep 21, 2014
Everyman is born equal,irrespective of one's religious leaning,I firmly believe that,religions are made by man,and not the other way round.I have seen Non-religious believer having high moral standing,so have I seen,so called believer amongst the three major religions,falling into the pit of moral decadence.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Feedmemore(f): 11:43am On Sep 21, 2014
I'll rather my children play with the children of Atheist than the children of a religious bigot/fanatic.

9 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by kellybently(m): 11:44am On Sep 21, 2014
of course.

The bible does not say we (or our children) should not befriend unbelievers...it rather preaches love to all...as long as they respect each other.

"Kill those who are not Christian or Jewish:
You must kill those who worship another god.
Exodus 22:20
2. Kill any friend or family that worship a god
that is different than your own. Deuteronomy
13:6-10
3. Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you
find people that worship differently than you.
Deuteronomy 13:12-16

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by Feraz(m): 11:46am On Sep 21, 2014
priscaoge:
That is why it is important to lay a solid foundation of truth for our kids so that they can always be ready to give a defence to everyone who asks them a reason for the hope that is in them, with meekness and fear just as 1Peter 3:15 instructs! But my point is this,Children are easily brainwashed,they are easily influenced by their fellow kids and that might make them to deviate! Isn't that a risk?
Of course, the foundation matters but a parent who isn't grounded in their belief is one who is going to be scared of the kids having such friends. This post below further days what I mean. . .
Daresh: My then 12 year old cousin, lets call him Andy, from a very Christian home had a friend in school who was from an atheist home. Now in my aunt's home, there is bible reading every night, thanksgiving and discussions on the bible passages read. So Andy goes to school and his atheist friend says something about there being no god. The boy is not coming from a place of personal belief, just what he heard from his parents.
Now Andy being well versed in his faith and well taught by his parents goes on to explain God's love to his unbelieving friend. Andy's parents invite him to their home, there is love of God. It doesn't change the boys beliefs yet, but a seed has been sown.
Discrimination is what causes problems in our society. Discrimination based on skin color, religion, tribe, weight, sexual orientation, even height(another thread). But all these things are so secondary if you truly love God.
Do you love God? If you do, you do as his word commands and love your neighbour. Even if they don't love him or believe in him. Love them and your love might just be what brings them to Christ.
Well said!
Re: What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? by adexsimply(m): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2014
Caracta... enoquin cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mountain Of Ido Ajinare / Prophet Muhammad Prophesied In Bible / Gang Kidnaps 17 American Missionaries In Haiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.