Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1091) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4385329 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 10:54am On Aug 15, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Thank you mamas for your input to my predicament. I'm sorry if i did I not respond to you personally. I'm beyond ragged out but I appreciate the kind gestures. We went to the hospital this morning and she was admitted. She has been under observation and series of tests has been run which all thankfully came back clear. The number of times she throws up has reduced from every fees to maybe once in 3feeds. She had a slight temperature earlier on but she is back to normal now. My phone has been switched off as the whole of Obinze town in Owerri has been calling me so hubby asked me to switch it off so they can call him. He has told them that we are in the hospital because of this Ice cream issue and when baby is out of the hospital and certified Ok, then we can visit the issue of apology or no apology but for now, anybody that is not calling to ask about the baby's well-being should stay away

Pele dear. May God's hand of healing touch her and make her whole!!!

Good one @ what your hubby did! Thank God hes behind/support you based on d call ish.

All will be well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 11:03am On Aug 15, 2017
kidco:
embarassed

Kidco please turn that smile upside down, my stock is low and it's long holidays so my customers are on my neck. I'll chat you this week to conclude an order.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 11:14am On Aug 15, 2017
comtem2011:
Thank God its working for you.

So many things to learn on this thread!!

kemiolaoye, tojued you mamas should try to show face o.

When are we resuming our Saturday prayers, Our investment talkshow, our kiddies educational books, kiddies play and different drawings, Friday thread cuties?

Onegai our one and only cappo, which way ma?

God help us all.

I remember how helpful this thread was for me, i deleted babycenter app within one week of discovering this place. You guys really rock. Learned so much here, While bfeeding lo with one hand I'd be scrolling through chats with the other hand. God bless you all.

Now i only visit the political section of nairaland (once in a while) sha, just to catch up on discussions and news.

LO is grown now free time is spent wrestling with him, phone has become a toy to use to stone wall, etc. And the books us Abuja mummies bought and shared has yielded fruit, LO walks to his bookshelf, picks books and brings so i read for him. I also became Kidco's retailer, selling children's books here in Abuja.

Found out about reusable diapers here too (lol i'm also trading in this now). Yep, this thread did me well.

Onegai resigned her cappo position to face her diaper business. Afterall with all the educational stuff she was posting, all the anchoring she was doing here, all the moderation she was pulling off (and the beef she was having to chop once in a while)... all that won't help pay school fees mehn.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 15, 2017
Your own is good! My mom also told me after birth the pain will stop. For where! It's just like before.
enque:

My menstrual cramps totally stopped after birth just that the flow is heavier now tho... I suspect iud for that one sha.
Calm down, ur next period may just b painless

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:45am On Aug 15, 2017
Naomi14:
Your own is good! My mom also told me after birth the pain will stop. For where! It's just like before.

menstrual pain na common thing for my family o..... My mum used to have it, my elder sister and I used to have it. My younger sis still has it cos she neva born.
My mum used to tell me that immediately she had her first child, it stopped and that mine will stop too, but I didn't believe her cos my own pain was always very intense for first 3-4 days. My elder sis gave birth n hers stopped too but I still refused to believe them cos I didn't wanna raise my hopes (I had accepted my fate na).

As I had my 1st flow post-partum, I felt no single pain.... 2nd and 3rd cycle too, no pain...
next time I saw my mum, i gave her a big hug smiley she come de yab me say shebi i b doubting thomas b4.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:57am On Aug 15, 2017
Hmmm, I pray oh, I used to have terrible pain too (up to hospital visit sef) and it's one reason I'm happy my period isn't back

enque:

menstrual pain na common thing for my family o..... My mum used to have it, my elder sister and I used to have it. My younger sis still has it cos she neva born.
My mum used to tell me that immediately she had her first child, it stopped and that mine will stop too, but I didn't believe her cos my own pain was always very intense for first 3-4 days. My elder sis gave birth n hers stopped too but I still refused to believe them cos I didn't wanna raise my hopes (I had accepted my fate na).

As I had my 1st flow post-partum, I felt no single pain.... 2nd and 3rd cycle too, no pain...
next time I saw my mum, i gave her a big hug smiley she come de yab me say shebi i b doubting thomas b4.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Hmmm, I pray oh, I used to have terrible pain too (up to hospital visit sef) and it's one reason I'm happy my period isn't back

Recieeeeve the anointing for painless period! cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2017
Lucky you! Maybe mine will stop after another baby. Cos the pain no be here o!
enque:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2017
Naomi14:
Lucky you! Maybe mine will stop after another baby. Cos the pain no be here o!

U too....recieeeve the anointing!! grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Julyborn: 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2017
Chanbaby:

This menstrual cramp has refused to stop finally it only just reduced. I thought after child bearing it will stop. I was told that when I start kpekusing it will stop, i got married and started kpekusing still didn't stop. Now I have given birth its still there. God help me oh. Pls what can i do?
I was told same ooo. when you find what can be done, pls do well to share,thanks..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
Right now I'm basking in the anointing of no periods...I heard Always is cost

enque:

Recieeeeve the anointing for painless period! cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Right now I'm basking in the anointing of no periods...I heard Always is cost

no b small cost o....the single blue pack of 7pcs is 500 naira and I use 2 packs of the 2-in-1 for a period. no thanks to heavy flow. that's 2k on the average for pad o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2017
Super mamas! I salute everyone.

Please I will appreciate your contributions on reasons that informs your decision on buying infant formula for your baby aside cost. Thank you mas.

cc: Zaynie, Alphahandmaiden and all sabi mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2017
JGracious:

Please I will appreciate your contributions on reasons that informs your decision on buying infant formula for your baby aside cost. Thank you mas.

I did exclusive bf for about 3 weeks but had to switch to combination feeding for my dd because my supply wasn't enough for her (I tried fenugreek and all what not but it just didn't work so i accepted myself like that jare).
Even at combo-feeding, I ensured she took more of br.eastmilk than formula....I was always putting her to breast often.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
Speaking of fenugreek, I have my remaining stash to dash out to anybody who is interested o.

U can holla if u r interested.

I am in lagos
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hernyhorla: 2:07pm On Aug 15, 2017
Giddyperson:
Im in the same shoes as you right now but mine is that my baby has totally forgotten how to suck from a bottle so even when she wants to take it her sucking pattern is still lousy therefore wasting most of the milk It's just to keep practicing sha and I practice when she's not really hungry cuz when hunger hits she won't answer me and my bottle again

Thanks dear. I will keep practicing , like this morning after bathing, I fed him with bottle and my guy took it (about 60mls) . So I am hoping I will keep trying after morning bath. Hopefully my Bobo will keep accepting it
You can try this method for Giddybaby especially when she is hungry. I understand we are always tempted to give them the original source when they are crying ...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2017
I receive am cheesy
enque:

U too....recieeeve the anointing!! grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:13pm On Aug 15, 2017
Tojued:

I remember how helpful this thread was for me, i deleted babycenter app within one week of discovering this place. You guys really rock. Learned so much here, While bfeeding lo with one hand I'd be scrolling through chats with the other hand. God bless you all.

Now i only visit the political section of nairaland (once in a while) sha, just to catch up on discussions and news.

LO is grown now free time is spent wrestling with him, phone has become a toy to use to stone wall, etc. And the books us Abuja mummies bought and shared has yielded fruit, LO walks to his bookshelf, picks books and brings so i read for him. I also became Kidco's retailer, selling children's books here in Abuja.

Found out about reusable diapers here too (lol i'm also trading in this now). Yep, this thread did me well.

Onegai resigned her cappo position to face her diaper business. Afterall with all the educational stuff she was posting, all the anchoring she was doing here, all the moderation she was pulling off (and the beef she was having to chop once in a while)... all that won't help pay school fees mehn.
Wow mama!! I'm happy for you mehn!! You have really put everything u learnt here Into use. God bless onegai, she tried her best for this thread. As for beefing, hmmm, its normal, this is a public forum and I love the way she swallow all that.

Please, don't abandon us again.

Mamas in Abuja, kindly patronise her for your books and re-usable diapers.

Good to have you today ma.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 2:27pm On Aug 15, 2017
JGracious:

well for me in order of preference:

1. It was perception on what is the "Best" out there.

2. then it is how much does it cost, can i afford it, if not then i go for the next best.

3. Next is actually the final decider - does baby take it ok with no reactions, stooling/ constipation, no intolerances and is digested OK. if the baby doesnt take it well , you will go back and try another brand. you will not force feed your baby something that causes them discomfort. if it is the N200 one that you baby takes well, you will sideline the N25K product if you baby reacts to it and buy added vitamins if that will help your concience! grin

those are my own criteria.

i say perception as certain brands are said to be better, and as a parent you immediately go for the one that is percieved to be more robust
than the other, however does a baby really need some "omega beta fusion pro complex" that brand A claims it has in its formulation causing it to charge N5,000 more than the other brand that has just the recommended vitamins/ mineral requirements? no one really knows!

but finances are the biggest criteria at the end of the day, there is no need in buying formular worth 25K when you know deep down you cannot sustain it, (please save your money and use it to invest in future school fees). if you are exclusively formular feeding the costs can get astronomical if you are not mentally and financially prepared for it.

i was lucky enough to be able to EBF for 6 months so i only introduced formular from 8 months - 13 months in combination with solids, but even at that .... i felt the increase in cost especially as it was only 1 income at the time as i was off work for a year.

Hope this helps

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:41pm On Aug 15, 2017
Is your question about the brand bought or using formula at all?

I use(d) formula cos my baby no dey belleful from day 1. He was consuming 30 mls of formula from his 2nd day and my boobs couldn't keep up
I use Nan because that's what the doctor said I should buy when I was in the hospital, LO liked it and my pocket was ok with it so I saw no reason to change

JGracious:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2017
Ah, let the period hold itself then. I'll add that one to baby food cost? shocked

enque:

no b small cost o....the single blue pack of 7pcs is 500 naira and I use 2 packs of the 2-in-1 for a period. no thanks to heavy flow. that's 2k on the average for pad o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Ah, let the period hold itself then. I'll add that one to baby food cost? shocked

emi ti gba kamu jare grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hernyhorla: 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2017
Tojued:

Very true. There are so many things to learn on this thread. I have been sharing most posts so I can refer back to it . Thanks to all our able mummies

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hernyhorla: 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2017
jaysmama:

Sorry for the late response. The key is persistence you keep trying . At 6 weeks your baby's awareness is increasing and baby is probably just realising there is a difference between br***t and bottle hence the rejection. Where you sitting there when your niece was feeding him? Just hearing your voice or smelling you can cause the rejection as well. My 7 month old who is still breastfeeding does the same, if I get back from work while he is being fed cereal or whatever once he sees me or hears my voice that is the end of the cereal. 4 weeks is still enough time, don't worry it will get better

Thanks for your response. We will keep trying and believing it will get better.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2017
I appreciate your feedback @hunniesuzie, @alphahandmaiden and @enque.

You all addressed my concerns especially as it relates to brand and advertised ingredients.
My question arose because I kept reading about using iron fortified formula for babies and looking through various brands, I found it difficult to make a choice.

Alphahandmaiden, does that mean that when giving formulas that lack certain ingredients e.g. iron, the mother can supplement by giving multivitamin that contains iron to the baby?

hunniesuzie, my mum gave me NAN while growing too. smiley

enque, we are still doing EBF. 4months don reach so I'm trying to prepare ahead of 6 months if we are well able to sustain the momentum.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2017
feddy27:

O my world ! He's soooo cute kiss kiss kiss Blessings fall on him and may he continually be a source of joy to your family
Amen! Thanks. God bless you and yours as well and may they be the reason for constant laughter in your life.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2017
queenhecate:

Handsome bobo
Thanks ma'am.
iomoge2:

Awwww kiss kiss kiss
Zoe say hiiiiiii grin
Baby J says hiiiiiii too. Can we enter? grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 5:54pm On Aug 15, 2017
myrygurl:

MashaaALLAH...Such a cutee and Happy baby
may ALLAH continue to protect and guide him.
Amin Ya Allah. Thanks a lot ma'am.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2017
coolnik (hope I spelt the moniker correctly), my son is also in same age range with your son. He'll be 2 in Nov but he still doesn't talk, the only words he pronounce are "pampers" "bye bye" and then "Abe" his cousins name. Every other word is shout, just recently I complained to my grandmum as both of my parents are late, she told me not to worry, that he took after me. I went on errands and did what I was asked to do but I didn't talk till after age two. My son also does same, Whatever you tell him to do he will do but no talking, every child with his milestone sha.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2017
Awww kiss happy birthday to babyOO, I wish you many more years in Good health, riches and in God's love. Cheers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 6:17pm On Aug 15, 2017
Sugah, blessedmum, dexterush. how are you mummies and babies doing? Its been a while.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.