Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,739 members, 7,806,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4388322 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 8:04pm On Dec 13, 2014
ritawine2:

His temp hot that high and he is teething ,3rd set now

The stool pattern is due to teething. Just make sure he drinks water as often as he could take and try to feed him with the food he prefer most during this period. Its a phase which I'm sure u r used too(teething). I could have suggested an analgesic for him for comfort but I do not know his drug history.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ritawine2: 8:10pm On Dec 13, 2014
jam04:

The stool pattern is due to teething. Just make sure he drinks water as often as he could take and try to feed him with the food he prefer most during this period. Its a phase which I'm sure u r used too(teething). I could have suggested an analgesic for him for comfort but I do not know his drug history.
When other teeth comes out ,I didn't experience dis,and it starts immediate with cough and cattarrh,so I gave him cough and vit c syrub
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BryDario(f): 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2014
jam04:
r

By anything I guess you mean solids? Have you tried formula?

Yes,i have tried formula: his not taking any.cereal,home made food(rice,beans,amala,ewedu,semo,yam)its just breast he wants.his 8months ‎​A̶̲̥̅nð 2weeks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2014
BryDario:

Yes,i have tried formula: his not taking any.cereal,home made food(rice,beans,amala,ewedu,semo,yam)its just breast he wants.his 8months ‎​A̶̲̥̅nð 2weeks.

Which formula do you try? Rice or wheat cereal? U will have to try a wife range before you finally settle for the one he likes. This is from a personal experience
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 8:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
ritawine2:

When other teeth comes out ,I didn't experience dis,and it starts immediate with cough and cattarrh,so I gave him cough and vit c syrub

Yeah..most signs are not the same.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BryDario(f): 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
jam04:

Which formula do you try? Rice or wheat cereal? U will have to try a wife range before you finally settle for the one he likes. This is from a personal experience

Have tried virtually every thing for babies in Nigeria.rice,maize,wheat,etc...his not taking.its really annoying and frustrating.his seriosly loosing weight.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 10:07pm On Dec 13, 2014
NoQualms1:
Thanks for the responses but I'm sure she latches on well. I made research on it and corrected the way she feeds. It became better at a time but last night was crazy for me. She could not sleep and I could not too, she kept asking for food. It was so difficult.

I'm still open to suggestions on formula. Thanks.

4rm wat I read, some weeks r better dan some. in some weeks, babies demand 4 food like its going out of fashion, while in some, u ll b wondering if something is wrong cos she is not demanding. I ll suggest u watch her 4 a week n c if d pattern changes, cos d truth is wit babies, some nights ll b beta dan some.

can't suggest ny formula cos I'm not using ny now. I used sma gold 4 my son, bt dat was 2yrs back n I tink deer r new variations of it in d mkt now.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2014
BryDario:
Goodevening mothers,pls my 8months+ baby is still not eating anything for over 3months now.have tried all means to make him eat,stil N̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴͡‎​ change.its really frustrating*crying*. We have treated him for malaria last month.a friend suggest i give him worm medicine??

The mom shouldn't be in the room. Try his dad or nanny feeding him. The person feeding him should encourage him by dancing, singing and jumping grin

It worked for my daughter
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BryDario(f): 3:11am On Dec 14, 2014
favoredgal:

The mom shouldn't be in the room. Try his dad or nanny feeding him. The person feeding him should encourage him by dancing, singing and jumping grin

It worked for my daughter

Honestly have tried the method,its nt working.the problem is he will glady collect the food when you try to spoon feed him ,but he will never swallow it;after few seconds he brings it out from his mouth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 6:34am On Dec 14, 2014
BryDario:

Have tried virtually every thing for babies in Nigeria.rice,maize,wheat,etc...his not taking.its really annoying and frustrating.his seriosly loosing weight.

Heya I understand the frustration part..have you tried puree?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 8:00am On Dec 14, 2014
BryDario:

u cld gv him an appetite booster like multivite. kp trying. wotever he accepts, stick to it. even if its 3-5 spoons @ a tym, just dat u ll feed more frequently. i also heard sm babies like dese hair chairs. u cld try it. wish u an end to d frustration
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 8:03am On Dec 14, 2014
BryDario:

Honestly have tried the method,its nt working.the problem is he will glady collect the food when you try to spoon feed him ,but he will never swallow it;after few seconds he brings it out from his mouth.
our mothers then hv dis metgod of forcing food down, they close d nose, or blow on his face and d baby is forced to swallow. dis method has its disadvantages o, its nt soo ideal bt it works
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 14, 2014
NoQualms1:
Thanks for the responses but I'm sure she latches on well. I made research on it and corrected the way she feeds. It became better at a time but last night was crazy for me. She could not sleep and I could not too, she kept asking for food. It was so difficult.

Enfamil, Aptamil, SMA.

Enfamil is the best in my opinion, but pricey.

Aptamil is almost as good as Enfamil, but averagely priced...same with SMA.

So it depends on your pocket.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
omoerelu1:
@ Debbie, Sebamed or Aveeno. Used both for my baby. I don't think it is the product you are using. Your baby is just naturally dark skinned. Aveeno is recommended by paediatricians. And she might just be having skin issues or reacting to something. My baby's skin too was like that initially but every thing evened out later. It also depends on skin type. I know mothers that use shea butter and coconut oil for their babies and they have fair, smooth and radiant skins. When I tried that for my baby, she became darker but her skin was smoother and radiant.
And before I forget, I was told by several people not to use Johnson's products even before I gave birth. Reason being that they have so many fake and imitated products in the market. That is if you are buying in Nigeria. And I also heard a myth that Nigerian babies react to Johnson's products.
hmmm,how true is dis,I've been using johnson baby powder for my baby,and johnson baby oil,recently I noticed dat hair is nt growing vry well at the front of my babys head bt growing well at d back,which sometimes people said maybe he want to ve a bald hair,I was thinking maybe dats how babys hair use to grow,his hair was never like dis before,everything from front to back was normal in proportion before,my baby is 10months old,my mother instinct is telling me maybe its d baby shampoo I always used on his hair everyday I want to bath him,or d johnson baby oil I'm using on his head,pls can someone with knowledge explain what's going on for me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BryDario(f): 11:50pm On Dec 14, 2014
jam04:

Heya I understand the frustration part..have you tried puree?

Thanks,yes.his not taking anything at all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BryDario(f): 11:53pm On Dec 14, 2014
tchiwinnie:
u cld gv him an appetite booster like multivite. kp trying. wotever he accepts, stick to it. even if its 3-5 spoons @ a tym, just dat u ll feed more frequently. i also heard sm babies like dese hair chairs. u cld try it. wish u an end to d frustration

Thanks so much,okay,please i dont understand the hair chairs??what is it used for?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 15, 2014
NoQualms1:

this happen to me also when my baby was like 1week old,bt with time,there will be more milk in d breast and he will suck well,pls dnt give her formula,breastmilk is enough to contain her stomach
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 15, 2014
BryDario:
Goodevening mothers,pls my 8months+ baby is still not eating anything for over 3months now.have tried all means to make him eat,stil N̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴͡‎​ change.its really frustrating*crying*. We have treated him for malaria last month.a friend suggest i give him worm medicine??
ve u ever deworm him since u gave birth to him,if u haven't,u can try deworming him,dat may be d reason why he is nt eating and teething may also be included,try to force him if he dnt want to eat,so he won't weigh less
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 12:47am On Dec 15, 2014
BryDario:

Thanks so much,okay,please i dont understand the hair chairs??what is it used for?
sorry i meant high chair
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 12:49am On Dec 15, 2014
MojAyo:
hmmm,how true is dis,I've been using johnson baby powder for my baby,and johnson baby oil,recently I noticed dat hair is nt growing vry well at the front of my babys head bt growing well at d back,which sometimes people said maybe he want to ve a bald hair,I was thinking maybe dats how babys hair use to grow,his hair was never like dis before,everything from front to back was normal in proportion before,my baby is 10months old,my mother instinct is telling me maybe its d baby shampoo I always used on his hair everyday I want to bath him,or d johnson baby oil I'm using on his head,pls can someone with knowledge explain what's going on for me
use ori on his head. u ll c d change

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 15, 2014
tchiwinnie:
use ori on his head. u ll c d change
wow,tanx for dis,u mean I shouldn't use any form of baby oil on his head again or shampoo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutesonia: 1:12am On Dec 15, 2014
I need help on what to do. My one month baby fell down on a tiled floor, I fell asleep on the bed with him on my chest and woke up to see him on the floor sleeping. Pls ooh!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adebayour26: 1:17am On Dec 15, 2014
@MojAyo, I sent you a Pm some days ago, I hope u saw it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by teemercy(f): 2:40am On Dec 15, 2014
Gmorning mothers,Pls my 6 mth old boy has sore gums wich makes him fussy and can't eat.Pls wat can I use 4 him?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:35am On Dec 15, 2014
adebayour26:
@MojAyo, I sent you a Pm some days ago, I hope u saw it.
yep,I saw it,tanx for d message,may God continue to bless u and give u wisdom
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 6:22am On Dec 15, 2014
MojAyo:
wow,tanx for dis,u mean I shouldn't use any form of baby oil on his head again or shampoo
since u re suspecting d shampoo, just pause on it for nw. use ori
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 6:24am On Dec 15, 2014
cutesonia:
I need help on what to do. My one month baby fell down on a tiled floor, I fell asleep on the bed with him on my chest and woke up to see him on the floor sleeping. Pls ooh!
sorry dear, it happens. press his body frm head to toe for pain. if no swelling or pain then just b reassured. my baby too has fallen off d bed a no of tyms and thankfully there was no injury
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 6:25am On Dec 15, 2014
teemercy:
Gmorning mothers,Pls my 6 mth old boy has sore gums wich makes him fussy and can't eat.Pls wat can I use 4 him?
u cld gv vit c. is he in pain, if yes, u cld gv para too tho nt for long mayb 3days
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 15, 2014
tchiwinnie:
since u re suspecting d shampoo, just pause on it for nw. use ori
tanx,I will do just dat
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutesonia: 7:35am On Dec 15, 2014
tchiwinnie:
sorry dear, it happens. press his body frm head to toe for pain. if no swelling or pain then just b reassured. my baby too has fallen off d bed a no of tyms and thankfully there was no injury
thanks and pls i saw a little blood in his nose and when i looked deep into his nose, there was no sign of blood inside.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 8:33am On Dec 15, 2014
jam04:

How is the poo situation now

We are still battling it o, every doctor we asked said it's normal. How can something like that be normal? Even an adult can't stand pooping severally in a day. It's just painful seeing her so uncomfortable.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lillyjane(f): 8:41am On Dec 15, 2014
NoQualms1:

Its like that swedie, but if you are really keen on introducing formular,u may want to try Lactogen1 by nestle foods. i used it for xenia from 3months and she has never reacted to it. but remember that babies are different, so is their internal organs. You will keep experimenting till you get what suits your child.

For natural home remedies and wellness/beauty tips, visit www..com

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.