Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4390810 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1382) (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamanicole: 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pls mamas how can i make my 18months old stop breastfeeding?She eats with us and takes her cereal but she will still come back to suck breast after,pls what can I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2017
xeexee1:
Txx mumy d rash doesnt mak him mak him uncomfortable here is d pix

the rash looks more like an allergic reaction. since the milk is what you newly introduced, I'll advice that you stop the milk, treat him for the allergy and then try another milk.

I use cow and gate nutristart 2 for my ds and he does not react to it.

When buying another milk, check the nutritional information on the tin and compare with that of cow&gate so you don't have a recurrence of him reacting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2017
mamanicole:
Pls mamas how can i make my 18months old stop breastfeeding?She eats with us and takes her cereal but she will still come back to suck breast after,pls what can I do?

Abeg, let little madam enjoy herself. She eating a 5-course meal already paid for. Allow her till 24months as recommended by UNICEF o.... smiley smiley smiley

don't carry cane to look for me o

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2017
Omg! So me. My baby started sucking when she was ill and I let her cos it comforted her but now it's something else. Put her on the ground to sit and she bends all the way down to put her thumb in her mouth. On the walker nko, the same thing. I havr to repeatedly wake up to feed her cos with her thumb in her mouth, she is ready to sleep for 10hours straight. I bought a special kind of baby glove and wear it for her but the crying for that follows is not for the faint hearted. My mom says I should leave her but I dont want to. My elder sister stopped sucking her hand in SSS1 when her mates started laughing at her, same with my younger sister and brother. I'm the only one who did not suck my thumb (but I suck mouth sha). What to do? How do i stop her? Even removing the thumb from her mouth, the kind of scream you will hear ehnn, you will not believe it's from a baby.

JukkyB:
Pls mums, is there any successful way of stopping baby from sucking his/her fingers? When I noticed LO singled out 2 of her fingers (index and middle) and started sucking them repeatedly, I became worried and resorted to wearing her mittens and socks. I thought she was already forgetting as she hardly put that hand in her mouth but I still found out she sucks them at any given opportunity. Saw her sucking them few mins ago, she pulled the mitten (this mitten isn't the regular type, quite long...) Pls how can I stop her, everyone including hubby said I should leave her to suck but I don't want her to. How long will I continue to cover her hands? Make una help me o. She's 3 months and 2 weeks old.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 6:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
Wait! You are hoping your baby won't finish a carton before she is six months? Lolz.. wait until she starts eating 160mls 5tumes a day and one tin finishes in 3days. Abeg collect your carton of Nan and collect extra if available because e no go reach 4months before both of them finish.

kelizosuy:
choil see as I pull slippers dey pursue the thread and I nor still catch am embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed you mamas are trying...

Please is it advisable that I get a carton of nan 1? Like can my princess finish it before 6months?
I'm getting it as a gift so I wanted to ask if I should tell her to buy half first or just buy the whole carton?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 6:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
Mzleemah:
Mamas that use sebamed, how much is the soap and cream?
queensnow
I buy the soap from a distributor's shop 1350. I have not seen the baby's body milk to buy as I prefer it to the baby lotion.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beeejaylere(f): 6:39pm On Dec 08, 2017
FloraEC:
I thought MMR vaccine is once
On our immunization card its twice 12th and 13th month respectively
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beeejaylere(f): 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2017
enque:

we have 12 months immunization on saturday, and I already got the prices from the hospital just incase HMO says they are not covering all. everything is aprox 20k, so NO, I don't think u have been duped. Maybe ur hospital just has longer throat than mine smiley
Hmmmmmm cry cry it is well ooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beeejaylere(f): 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
FloraEC:

The only thing I saw in my dd imm card was 15m only
Yes a lady had a similar issue and d nurse told her imm card is d old one( 12-15month together) dat d new one is 12, 13, 18 months and 2years respectively.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beeejaylere(f): 7:03pm On Dec 08, 2017
[quote author=lightedpath post=63093441]
Chai na mi dey pay times 2 for cry cry it is well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2017
JukkyB:

Have you tried aloe Vera? She will definitely stop

We tried aloe Vera on my niece she didn't stop. The worst is that she sucks two hands ooo. I tried wearing her long socks when she came to spend holidays at my place. Then she was one year and ten months. If u see the way she will shout with all her eyes wide open, no body go tell u to remove anything u wear her. Put any biter substance, she either licks it or robs it off. She is three already and actively sucking. It doesn't look like she will stop anything soon. It's appears its already affecting her dentition
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2017
beeejaylere:

Yes a lady had a similar issue and d nurse told her imm card is d old one( 12-15month together) dat d new one is 12, 13, 18 months and 2years respectively.

Thanks dear, never knew. She'll take her 18m imm tomao, I'll ask
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

She eats 150mls 2times daily(morning and evening) I just reduced it to 125mls 3times daily grin grin

Chail see the way you won turn me to Oliver Twist grin grin
spiceeamiee:
Wait! You are hoping your baby won't finish a carton before she is six months? Lolz.. wait until she starts eating 160mls 5tumes a day and one tin finishes in 3days. Abeg collect your carton of Nan and collect extra if available because e no go reach 4months before both of them finish.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 8:09pm On Dec 08, 2017
Here's the new schedule as given by the private hospital I use. Govt hospital /PHCs in Lagos only give vitamin A at 12 months.

Cc.Newmercies

3 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 8:17pm On Dec 08, 2017
JGracious:

Here's the new schedule as given by the private hospital I use. Govt hospital stopped at 12 months.

To be honest, I've four eyes and I'm currently on two and I can't dim my eyes. Please can you snap it again and send, the picture is not clear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jina24(f): 8:34pm On Dec 08, 2017
xeexee1:
Txx mumy d rash doesnt mak him mak him uncomfortable here is d pix

The first time I gave my baby cerelac almost immediately she started scratching her eyes and then her eyes became swollen I was confidently saying it can't be the cereal cos it barely pass through her mouth as she kept spitting it out. Even when I told the doctor the swelling started after we tried feeding her cerelac that she barely took the doctor was like she doubt the cerelac caused it. She gave use some drugs and few hours later the swelling reduced. Two days later her eyes were back to normal and we decided to try feeding her the cereal to see if she will take it lo and behold her eyes became swollen again. There and then nobody told me I finally realised she was probably reacting to something contained in the cereal.

The swelling not only occurs when she's giving cereal it also occurs when she is fed with formular and their likes. So we practical stop giving her all of them then.

I will advice you stop the milk for now and treat the allergy and maybe try the milk later or change it completely just to be sure it isn't the cause.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jina24(f): 8:35pm On Dec 08, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2017
grin.Ya iyali?Ya na barchi.
ahnie:

Kawa ,Ina kwana?Ina karama yaro Na?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 9:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
Jina24:

The first time I gave my baby cerelac almost immediately she started scratching her eyes and then her eyes became swollen I was confidently saying it can't be the cereal cos it barely pass through her mouth as she kept spitting it out. Even when I told the doctor the swollen started after we tried feeding her cerelac that she barely took the doctor was like she doubt the cerelac caused it. She gave use some drugs and few hours later the swelling reduced. Two days later her eyes were back to normal and we decided to try feeding her the cereal to see if she will take it lo and behold her eyes became swollen again. There and then nobody told me I finally realised she was probably reacting to something contained in the cereal.

Is it cerelac with soybeans? My daughter also reacted to it, I don't add soyabeans to her custard or pap only if I want to waste money on drugs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jina24(f): 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2017
FloraEC:

Is it cerelac with soybeans? My daughter also reacted to it, I don't add soyabeans to her custard or pap only if I want to waste money on drugs

I can't really remember. So, some children react to soybeans? I've not intentionally giving her anything that contains soybeans but even till date am careful with what I gave her cause she can just start reacting to somethings when I least expected. Now that you mentioned soybeans I will carefully check the content of whatever I give to her just to be sure.
Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
FloraEC:

To be honest, I've four eyes and I'm currently on two and I can't dim my eyes. Please can you snap it again and send, the picture is not clear

oya sorry....e ma binu.
i've modified the post with a clearer picture.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onaswu(f): 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2017
Jina24:

The first time I gave my baby cerelac almost immediately she started scratching her eyes and then her eyes became swollen I was confidently saying it can't be the cereal cos it barely pass through her mouth as she kept spitting it out. Even when I told the doctor the swelling started after we tried feeding her cerelac that she barely took the doctor was like she doubt the cerelac caused it. She gave use some drugs and few hours later the swelling reduced. Two days later her eyes were back to normal and we decided to try feeding her the cereal to see if she will take it lo and behold her eyes became swollen again. There and then nobody told me I finally realised she was probably reacting to something contained in the cereal.

The swelling not only occurs when she's giving cereal it also occurs when she is fed with formular and their likes. So we practical stop giving her all of them then.

I will advice you stop the milk for now and treat the allergy and maybe try the milk later or change it completely just to be sure it isn't the cause.

my baby also has this allergy, whenever you give him anything that has milk including cerelac and formula almost instantly he will become uncomfortable and his skin will turn red, swollen eyes and rashes especially around the stomach area.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 11:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
Sansa143:
grin.Ya iyali?Ya na barchi.

Tor amma kin gaide ita.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 5:58am On Dec 09, 2017
Picture taken at 4am

This children need to get the memo that Mummy sleeps in on weekends o

Meanwhile we are 11 months old today

Choi. Where did all the time go
Like play like play one year Don de reach

23 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 6:24am On Dec 09, 2017
Jina24:

I can't really remember. So, some children react to soybeans? I've not intentionally giving her anything that contains soybeans but even till date am careful with what I gave her cause she can just start reacting to somethings when I least expected. Now that you mentioned soybeans I will carefully check the content of whatever I give to her just to be sure.
Thanks ma

Ywc dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 7:00am On Dec 09, 2017
Lol. See how he held his favourite part of your body.

Me I sha want party pack

Meanwhile you people should send us smoh hamattarn biko, this rain in Lagos don tire me

JGracious we use the same hospital....hehehe

jazzyjazz:
Picture taken at 4am

This children need to get the memo that Mummy sleeps in on weekends o

Meanwhile we are 11 months old today

Choi. Where did all the time go
Like play like play one year Don de reach
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 7:16am On Dec 09, 2017
JGracious:

oya sorry....e ma binu. i've modified the post with a clearer picture.
Thanks dear, I've saved it for future use
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tombeck: 9:07am On Dec 09, 2017
JGracious:

Here's the new schedule as given by the private hospital I use. Govt hospital stopped at 12 months.

Hello mama. Please what's d name of the Hospital?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:41am On Dec 09, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Lol. See how he held his favourite part of your body.

Me I sha want party pack

Meanwhile you people should send us smoh hamattarn biko, this rain in Lagos don tire me

JGracious we use the same hospital....hehehe

cheesy
The boy want suck but sleep was just dealing with me. Lol
It's still raining in Lagos? Wow!
Me i tire for the harnartarn o. Dust everywhere. Runny nose and cough everywhere
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oamronnie(f): 9:47am On Dec 09, 2017
The things the fear of rolling over can cause a dad to do..

24 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TFeminist(f): 9:52am On Dec 09, 2017
Gdmorn people. Pls my baby is. Abt 13months. How can I take care of teeth and mouth. Thanks @ zaynie and every1
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 10:24am On Dec 09, 2017
Good morning oo. All the mommies ( dunasy, hunniesuzie, beyedew, Liftedhands, queensnow, maran1983, Misi16, Naomi14, queenhecate, Jina24) wey hail my oga at the top, I hail oo. No vex say I just dey acknowledge, na one overzealous mod ban me because I called someone "Dumbas.s" on the travel section angry grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1382) (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.