Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,883 members, 7,798,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4382076 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 18, 2018
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 19, 2018
katchycouture:

really?? powder?? wow I'm hearing this for the first time...I didn't use powder or any baby lotion on my baby until the cord fell off... after the cord fell off I ditched coconut oil ( I wasn't enjoying the coco it smell) for baby care products which included powder, the advice I got was to be carefully not to allow it enter baby's nose to avoid catarrh and cough...
Jaundice kwa,i thought jaundice has to do with liver and powder with cancer,catarrh.well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:03am On Jan 19, 2018
angeltolly:
See who's 4 months today kiss kiss kiss It can only be God
Teamie God bless and keep him for u, he's so cute
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Damisinto: 9:19am On Jan 19, 2018
Thanks a lot. I also noticed the milk thing. Without milk his poo is firm but once I add it it become loose. I appreciate. Please any other example of soy based formular aside isomil incase I dont get that particular brand

Graciouscharis:

An old paed once told me that in situations like this, stop using the milk and try a soy based formula like isomil. You can gradually introduce the formula back at least 2 days after it stops. Maybe you should consider this.

Don’t forget to keep the baby well hydrated and your motherly instinct is always right until proven wrong.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 10:26am On Jan 19, 2018
Benignasweety:
Eat heaven and earth and still be Alika...

Dat is sooo Zizi... Anything to atleast mek am gain flesh I go appreciate am o.

Genetics sometimes play a major role here.
Just offer him a balanced diet. Continue to offer him milk, add unsalted butter or olive oil or coconut oil to his meal.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 10:27am On Jan 19, 2018
katchycouture:

really?? powder?? wow I'm hearing this for the first time...I didn't use powder or any baby lotion on my baby until the cord fell off... after the cord fell off I ditched coconut oil ( I wasn't enjoying the coco it smell) for baby care products which included powder, the advice I got was to be carefully not to allow it enter baby's nose to avoid catarrh and cough...

Powder doesn’t cause jaundice
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 10:32am On Jan 19, 2018
Damisinto:
Thanks a lot. I also noticed the milk thing. Without milk his poo is firm but once I add it it become loose. I appreciate. Please any other example of soy based formular aside isomil incase I dont get that particular brand

No idea. That seems to be the popular brand here. Maybe other mamas can put mouth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 10:55am On Jan 19, 2018
zaynie:

Its most likely colic.
Let the baby lie on her tummy (please watch out so she doesn't block her nose with clothes) . Then rub her back in a circular motion. Put a little pressure.
Also you can move the legs like w bicycle motion (she has to be lying on her back for this)
If she isn't ebf, then warm water first thing in the morning works well.

Thanks
It helps
Used grip water too
His face look so comical when the pain hits
I feel him
Thanks again mum

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 10:57am On Jan 19, 2018
imurboss:

Try & burp him after each feed to release the gas, people suggested a lot to use but I decided to wait it out till after 3mths. If you can endure & wait it out, it's not easy but God's our strength

Thanks
He cools down more after morning bath and warm water was used to message the tommy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 11:09am On Jan 19, 2018
casler:

Jaundice kwa,i thought jaundice has to do with liver and powder with cancer,catarrh.well.

no be me talk am oooo....I am as suprised as u are
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 11:11am On Jan 19, 2018
Graciouscharis:

Powder doesn’t cause jaundice

no be me talk am ooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:41am On Jan 19, 2018
Graciouscharis:

Genetics sometimes play a major role here.
Just offer him a balanced diet. Continue to offer him milk, add unsalted butter or olive oil or coconut oil to his meal.

Exactly what i do for Zara, she is a very 'lepasious' girl grin
I used to bother about her being slim a lot, till my mum reminded me that I was skinny up till my 2nd year in university grin, coupled with the fact that my husband sef no fat.
I kukuma gave up and decided to make sure her meals are balanced. Thankfully she likes food and hasn't rejected any meals so far, so I keep bombarding her. After all, na lepa de reign now grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mizz2posh: 11:43am On Jan 19, 2018
Beyedew, Happy belated birthday sis, hope you had fun? kissb

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 11:53am On Jan 19, 2018
Hbd Beyedew and success in your interview.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 11:53am On Jan 19, 2018
ladyfair:

Pls mama, are you in Lagos? if yes, pls which health centre?

Yes i'm in lagos. The Matron informed me that it is only available for free in Somolu local govt for now so she directed me to one OLOJA health centre on akinsola str sungass. I've been there to make enquiry and was told it's true, they said they give will give on mondays, tuesdays and thursdays,they even asked me to come for it yesterday being thursday but couldn't make it. I plan to go next thursday God willing
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 12:13pm On Jan 19, 2018
Graciouscharis:
@ imurboss, I saw where you wrote that you are using well woman. I don’t know your reasons but it may affect your breastmilk supply if you are breastfeeding. Why don’t you look for pregnacare for breastfeeding moms to take.
My reason is this, well woman is used to balance hormones. A breastfeeding mother’ hormones are not balanced. That’s why it serves as a contraceptive for people like us.
If you continue taking it and another one enters, don’t say you don’t know what happened oo.
I may be wrong though but read the leaflet of that well woman.

Ehen....i read it on the leaflet o & i just said let me try it first grin and you won't believe that when i went to see the doc on wed i told him i'm on wellwoman but i don't like the way the thing works on my system that he should prescribe another for me, the dr told me i don't even need to be taking any drug, he never even bother to tell me anything like this o,some drs sef. I usually take obron 6 before i no know whether na my village people come advise me on this one o....I will stop it, don't even like the way the thing is doing me sef...thanks maami
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lasire(f): 12:48pm On Jan 19, 2018
Sneak peek
We are 6months old
God is wonderful

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 2:05pm On Jan 19, 2018
casler:

I tire oohh.na wetin the nurse talk.say na new research
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by winningbt: 2:05pm On Jan 19, 2018
Lasire:
Sneak peek We are 6months old God is wonderful
oh my! what a beautiful Princess,God bless you baby, continue to grow in wisdom.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 2:25pm On Jan 19, 2018
Lasire:
Sneak peek
We are 6months old
God is wonderful

Beautiful girl. Weldone mummy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaygrl(f): 3:03pm On Jan 19, 2018
Hello mamas and our beautiful LOs you people did not explain this thing well o. Is that how the crawling and standing matter used to be? Lol. DS will be 9months on Sunday (21st). For the past 2weeks that he started his crawling thing eh I haff suffered. He wants to be everywhere at the same time. He wants to stand while you dress him up,hold his wipes,diaper,vaselin inshort everything in his hand. We now have 1 tooth o,he was dragging my bread with me the other day. I made little of his milk and soaked the bread inside the tea and gave him and he ate it so well.

This means so much to me as he is my first and watching him achieve these milestones gives me unexplainable joy. May God protect our LOs

15 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 3:07pm On Jan 19, 2018
kwakwakwakwakwakwakwa grin grin grin grin grin

Jaygrl:
Hello mamas and our beautiful LOs you people did not explain this thing well o. Is that how the crawling and standing matter used to be? Lol. DS will be 9months on Sunday (21st). For the past 2weeks that he started his crawling thing eh I haff suffered. He wants to be everywhere at the same time. He wants to stand while you dress him up,hold his wipes,diaper,vaselin inshort everything in his hand. We now have 1 tooth o,he was dragging my bread with me the other day. I made little of his milk and soaked the bread inside the tea and gave him and he ate it so well.

This means so much to me as he is my first and watching him achieve these milestones gives me unexplainable joy. May God protect our LOs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaDG: 3:08pm On Jan 19, 2018
Lasire:
Sneak peek
We are 6months old
God is wonderful
See this beautiful bae...Mama weldone. keep the good work up. I can't wait to have a girl on my next missionary journey
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2018
Jaygrl:

wait till he starts walking... grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 3:24pm On Jan 19, 2018
enque:

wait till he starts walking... grin
Hi mama... how are you doing? please can I pm you. wanna ask you a question. thanks in advance.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 3:25pm On Jan 19, 2018
Lasire:
Sneak peek We are 6months old God is wonderful
Ur baby girl is so cute. weldone Mummy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 19, 2018
keeki:

I tire oohh.na wetin the nurse talk.say na new research
Nurse,ok.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2018
[quote author=katchycouture post=64332099]

no be me talk am oooo....I am as suprised as u are[/quote
Kk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 3:36pm On Jan 19, 2018
Lasire:
Sneak peek
We are 6months old
God is wonderful

Aww!!! She is beautiful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 3:47pm On Jan 19, 2018
Graciouscharis:

Mama, calm down. Don’t get depressed over nothing. The solid you give them now is just for practice until they are one year or have you seen any student in the university that is still taking formula or breastfeeding
We have to be patient with them and gradually we achieve our result. From what you wrote here, your baby is fine. Just take it jejely.

LOL.... I yaf seen oo tongue grin But seriously, asking ourselves this question will build our patience the more.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 3:48pm On Jan 19, 2018
Lasire:
Sneak peek
We are 6months old
God is wonderful

woww beautiful baby lasire congratulations to you & weldone mummy grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 3:52pm On Jan 19, 2018
Pweetiebabe:
Teamie God bless and keep him for u, he's so cute

Amen. Thanks dear. But you scarce this days o

(1) (2) (3) ... (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.