Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,845 members, 7,802,696 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4385123 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 10:41pm On Feb 20, 2015
Hello mamas, where can I get Rotavirus and pneumoccocal vaccine at a cheaper rate? I think my hospital is 19k or there about, can't remember. I stay at Igando.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 21, 2015
PeyButtons:

We were informed at the last immunization by a midwife that we can use liquid milk to make baby food like semo pudi. I also learnt that most babies' formular are made from cow's milk.

They are made from cow's milk that has been broken down to easily digestible forms by babies, and fortified with all the nutrients they need.

No accredited nurse, or midwife, will tell you to give your 6-12mth old regular cow's milk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oluqueen: 6:29am On Feb 21, 2015
Good day all, am a new mum of twin girls delivered through a C section. My twin were given BCG and Hepatitis B vaccines and they both suddenly became restless, please is it normal?
Secondly, please how do I recover or lose this postpartum belly, very important please. Tnx.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 21, 2015
beedam:
Please, when can I start cleaning my babys tongue? It looks dirty. He is 2weeks old. Thanks

Dirty kwa?

I didn't clean either of my children's tongu, and the whitish thing cleared of on it's own..it's just residual milk.

The dangers of cleaning the mouth is that if not done hygienically, you can introduce germs into the baby's system.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:32am On Feb 21, 2015
mrs2u:
Hello Mums, am a first time mum by God's grace am expecting my LO by may 2015. Pls could any1 advice on any good baby skin care products and diapers that would be good for my LO. Thanks in anticipation

SebaMed and Aveeno skincare products are very good.

Huggies and Pampers Premium make good diapers.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:34am On Feb 21, 2015
Ummuyaasir:
Hello great mums, hope ur precious gifts are doing fine. Pls help me, my son is 10 months; eat all varieties of food(cerelac wheat based, pap wit soya/complan, rice and adult food) n still breast feed well but he is lossing weight n his hair growth pattern has changed from being full to some part being bald. Am confused of what to do as some1 said maybe he lack nutrient. Your suggestions will be appreciated

You give your 10mth old Complan? Pls stop it.

Get the appropriate milk/formula for his age pls. There are many brands out there. Adult milk does not contain the right amount of nutrients in the proportion babiew need.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 21, 2015
franky2013:

my baby will b 9months old tomorrow, no single teeth yet. pls what could b d problem? or is it normal?

My baby didn't sprout his first tooth until he was 10.5 mths or so.

Just relax, it will come. Have you ever seen anyone without teeth?

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PeyButtons(f): 11:01am On Feb 21, 2015
bossladyMo:

They are made from cow's milk that has been broken down to easily digestible forms by babies, and fortified with all the nutrients they need.

No accredited nurse, or midwife, will tell you to give your 6-12mth old regular cow's milk.

Ok, I get u. Maybe she is a qwack midwife. But won't baby suck cow's milk thru d breast milk, I mean when d mum drinks it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 11:11am On Feb 21, 2015
Oluqueen:
Good day all, am a new mum of twin girls delivered through a C section. My twin were given BCG and Hepatitis B vaccines and they both suddenly became restless, please is it normal?
Secondly, please how do I recover or lose this postpartum belly, very important please. Tnx.

Wow, oluqueen congrts on ur twins, its normal to b restless after vacines, giv dem pcm drop. For ur postpartum belly, look ard for postpartum belly wrap, ppl dt did cs can use it. Cngrts once again.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 11:43am On Feb 21, 2015
Good day mamas please I cant remember if i have asked this before. But I need answers. I have baby bath. The liquid for daytime and nighttime. Do I still need a tablet soap?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 12:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
@PeyButtons, whatever you eat is broken down into easily digestible form for your baby. Baby formula is cow milk broken down scientifically to and fortified with added nutrients. Liquid milk like peak is condensed or evaporated milk meaning they dehydrate it. thus it has higher levels of lactose, inappropriate fat & other things that will mess up your baby's still maturing digestive system. I hope my explanation helps you you understand.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LaRoyalHighness(f): 12:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
Amen! Yes ooo@running...
tchiwinnie:
Wow, dats very correct. Thanks so much dear. Happy bday to ur daughter too. Hope she s running nw, lol. May God bless them for us.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rosy27(f): 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
hello mummies in the house, pls i need help for my baby. I had a set of twins july last year but one of them died after birth the second one survived but weight 1.2kg at birth, he had a severe jundice cus they were premature, i gave birth to them at 8month. I bossom feed him for six month before starting formula , he is gaining weight well. But when he was six month he went through operation to repair hernia that he had. So my main concern now is that he is 7month and he has not gain full control of his neck not to talk of seating pls this giving me concern and make me cry any time i see children that are younger than him seating already. If u know what i can do to help developing his milestones pls give ur advice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 6:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
rosy27:
hello mummies in the house, pls i need help for my baby. I had a set of twins july last year but one of them died after birth the second one survived but weight 1.2kg at birth, he had a severe jundice cus they were premature, i gave birth to them at 8month. I bossom feed him for six month before starting formula , he is gaining weight well. But when he was six month he went through operation to repair hernia that he had. So my main concern now is that he is 7month and he has not gain full control of his neck not to talk of seating pls this giving me concern and make me cry any time i see children that are younger than him seating already. If u know what i can do to help developing his milestones pls give ur advice.

It's well sis, I undastand ur fears. Pls try nt to compare children. Wia was d surgery done? U nid to see a paediatrician who wil refer u to a paediatric neurologist if need be. Wia do u stay? Stay blessed,my love to ur LO

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rosy27(f): 6:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
kaffy4bill:

It's well sis, I undastand ur fears. Pls try nt to compare children. Wia was d surgery done? U nid to see a paediatrician who wil refer u to a paediatric neurologist if need be. Wia do u stay? Stay blessed,my love to ur LO
thanks i stay in ilorin and the surgery was done in ilorin as well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Purehuman(m): 7:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
I know I'm a man but please I want to ask a question.

My wife is still lactating after 4years of giving birth to our boy. Please is it normal or should she take drugs to stop it.

I am asking because I feel lactation is controlled by hormones and I don't want her to disrupt the normal way her hormones are working.

I need replies,

Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 7:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
rosy27:

thanks i stay in ilorin and the surgery was done in ilorin as well.

Sure ilorin teaching hospital has paediatricians who can help. Pls take ur baby to see them
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 7:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
mrs2u:
Hello Mums, am a first time mum by God's grace am expecting my LO by may 2015. Pls could any1 advice on any good baby skin care products and diapers that would be good for my LO. Thanks in anticipation
. You can use Johnson product or aveeno or equate. They are all good depending on the one you can get. For diapers use pampers premium or especially for babies or huggies depending on the one you can afford.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 7:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
@bossladyMo, mummy the midwife is not fake at all,that is what is reigning now I don't know why even paediatricians are telling mothers not to use infant milk again. Some are telling mothers to use complan, and when you read the instruction they say it is not an infant cereal. My advise to mothers is whatever the doctor tell you don't ever forget to read instructions
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 7:53pm On Feb 21, 2015
Purehuman:

My wife is still lactating after 4years of giving birth to our boy. Please is it normal or should she take drugs to stop it.

I am asking because I feel lactation is controlled by hormones and I don't want her to disrupt the normal way her hormones are working.

I need replies,

Thanks.
. Please sir she should see a doctor
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 8:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
Purehuman:

I need replies,

Thanks.

Wen did she stop breastfeeding? She nid to see a gynaecologist for assessment and management
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Purehuman(m): 8:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Wen did she stop breastfeeding? She nid to see a gynaecologist for assessment and management
Is it a serious problem.

She stopped 3years ago.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
rosy27:

Rosy dear Sorry 4 your loss....I tink getting your baby checked by a doctor is da best solution. Also giving seven seas cold liver oil can help make his bones stronger. Wat kind of hernia operation did he undergo?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rosy27(f): 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
CharmyBliz:

Rosy dear Sorry 4 your loss....I tink getting your baby checked by a doctor is da best solution. Also giving seven seas cold liver oil can help make his bones stronger. Wat kind of hernia operation did he undergo?
ok i will get seven seas thanks, it was Inguinal hernia
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
rosy27:
so sorry dear abt dis. D delay in dev isnt related to d surg he had. Its most likely due to d severe jaundice he had. Did he require bld transfusion for d jaundice? Wot did d drs tell u then. Can u send me a pm? Or do u mind me posting sensitive info her
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:25pm On Feb 21, 2015
Purehuman:

I need replies,

Thanks.
there re oda things wch cld cause increased prolactin in a woman, apart frm breastfeeding? is there any oda symptom she s having? Its best she sees a good endocrinologist.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rosy27(f): 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2015
tchiwinnie:
so sorry dear abt dis. D delay in dev isnt related to d surg he had. Its most likely due to d severe jaundice he had. Did he require bld transfusion for d jaundice? Wot did d drs tell u then. Can u send me a pm? Or do u mind me posting sensitive info her
the dr couldn't get EBT done when the jundice whas high and i went back to see the paediatrician she asked me to come back in a month time
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rosy27(f): 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2015
@tchiwinnie are u a dr pls?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Purehuman(m): 9:34pm On Feb 21, 2015
tchiwinnie:
there re oda things wch cld cause increased prolactin in a woman, apart frm breastfeeding? is there any oda symptom she s having? Its best she sees a good endocrinologist.

No other symptoms sir
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
rezzy:
Hello mamas, where can I get Rotavirus and pneumoccocal vaccine at a cheaper rate? I think my hospital is 19k or there about, can't remember. I stay at Igando.

if d 19k s for d 2, i dont think its expensive. lets wait to see wot oda mamas wld say
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
rosy27:
@tchiwinnie are u a dr pls?
yes i am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
Purehuman:

No other symptoms sir
she shld see an endocrinologist, preferrably in a teaching hsptl. she needs to run a series of tests to determine d root cause.

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.