Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4390977 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) (1546) (1547) (1548) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:46pm On Feb 21, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Iya oh! You sabi the thing, beyonce hand for you
Liftedhan ds bara dey purge bastard oh. Just go and lie down in the toilet

Na so I hear o! The fear of that purge is the reason I'm still procrastinating cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:56pm On Feb 21, 2018
HolySteph:
Good morning mamas.. Three questions

1. Please how can a breastfeeding mother take care of the nipples? I just feel I'm not doing enough. While bathing I use a wet towel to clean but I feel its not enough hygiene.

2. My baby makes so much noise whenever he wants to pass gas or pee or poop. Pls is it normal?

3. How often can a mother breastfeed her baby in a day? Bcus my boy of 6weeks feeds at any time. If its not up to 20times in a day sometimes. He doesn't cry for anything other than breast milk. I want to know if I'm over feeding or spoiling him already? He is beginning to know his rights.

Number 1 normal bathing is okay! No need for additional washing of the nipples ( it not like you rub dirt on it).

Number 2 sounds like colic do the bicycle moves and give him some tummy time it will ease off soon.

Number 3 Are you on exclusive or combined feeding?

Breast milk digest really fast so babies tend to feed more often than formula fed baby's. If you need a break express and give someone to feed baby, I don't think you are over feeding him nor spoiling him.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummyjayson(f): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2018
gudafternoon mamas,,, pls oo, we will be going for circumcision tomorrow and i hv been hearing different things like, dont wear him pampers after it, some said wear him all tru,, pls mamas dat hv done it,,, what r d dos nd dont after d process,,,, mummy curvilious, where in benin did u do johns own,,, mamas abeg mk una help me oo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Laeroy(f): 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2018
Good afternoon everyone..... I do hope our day is going well at work , please mothers I need food recipes suggestions for my kid who just started school recently.....

She's 2+ and I need ideas on what and what food to package for her to school.....Your ideas will be highly welcomed.......
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bomgirl(f): 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2018
mummyjayson:
gudafternoon mamas,,, pls oo, we will be going for circumcision tomorrow and i hv been hearing different things like, dont wear him pampers after it, some said wear him all tru,, pls mamas dat hv done it,,, what r d dos nd dont after d process,,,, mummy curvilious, where in benin did u do johns own,,, mamas abeg mk una help me oo

When my sons own was done, it was the plastibell type. And immediately he was brought out , I wore his pampers. Was asked to just pour warm water on it when bathing him. 5days later, the plastic fell off in the pampers leaving behind a cute looking peepee. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gabby18: 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2018
mummyjayson:

After my ds circumcision he was cranky so breast fed him for a while before leaving the Hosp...the nurses put his daipers back on and advised us to com back in 7dwys time if the ring hasn't fallen off by then. We were advised to bath him normally, don't apply anything at all to the ring but if u notice bleeding after that day go back to the Hosp. He wore his daiperrs all tru the 7day period...but if u wanna expose it, its all good..

On the 7th day a little part of his skin was still attached to the ring and was just dangling...so I went back and the applied GPC to the cotton wool and it eventually fell off..

P.S. just pamper him during that period and give him extra breast milk cause it could be really uncomfortable for them during that period.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummyjayson(f): 2:22pm On Feb 21, 2018
gabby18:

After my ds circumcision he was cranky so breast fed him for a while before leaving the Hosp...the nurses put his daipers back on and advised us to com back in 7dwys time if the ring hasn't fallen off by then. We were advised to bath him normally, don't apply anything at all to the ring but if u notice bleeding after that day go back to the Hosp. He wore his daiperrs all tru the 7day period...but if u wanna expose it, its all good..

On the 7th day a little part of his skin was still attached to the ring and was just dangling...so I went back and the applied GPC to the cotton wool and it eventually fell off..

P.S. just pamper him during that period and give him extra breast milk cause it could be really uncomfortable for them during that period.
thank you sooo much ma for the response... im kindof relieved,, i hope i wont cry with him tomorrow, lol

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummyjayson(f): 2:24pm On Feb 21, 2018
Bomgirl:

When my sons own was done, it was the plastibell type. And immediately he was brought out , I wore his pampers. Was asked to just pour warm water on it when bathing him. 5days later, the plastic fell off in the pampers leaving behind a cute looking peepee. grin grin grin
awwwwwww,,,,sounds cute already,,, mehhnn,,,, my liver dey fail me,,, i am jst looking at him nd feeling like crying,,, God will help us oo, thanks for d response.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:27pm On Feb 21, 2018
Follow your nurse's instruction carefully. Circumcision styles differ and the management differs too

mummyjayson:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:30pm On Feb 21, 2018
You've gotten good answers on these but just to add, 6 weeks is still young, nothing like spoiling. Breastmilk digests as quickly as 2 hours. Formula can last up to 3 hours. His stomach is still small, feed him biko

HolySteph:
Good morning mamas.. Three questions

1. Please how can a breastfeeding mother take care of the nipples? I just feel I'm not doing enough. While bathing I use a wet towel to clean but I feel its not enough hygiene.

2. My baby makes so much noise whenever he wants to pass gas or pee or poop. Pls is it normal?

3. How often can a mother breastfeed her baby in a day? Bcus my boy of 6weeks feeds at any time. If its not up to 20times in a day sometimes. He doesn't cry for anything other than breast milk. I want to know if I'm over feeding or spoiling him already? He is beginning to know his rights.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummyjayson(f): 2:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Follow your nurse's instruction carefully. Circumcision styles differ and the management differs too

thank you so much ma, i will, i am open to any option that is best.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bomgirl(f): 2:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
mummyjayson:
awwwwwww,,,,sounds cute already,,, mehhnn,,,, my liver dey fail me,,, i am jst looking at him nd feeling like crying,,, God will help us oo, thanks for d response.

He was taken from me and I was asked to wait outside. The sound of their cry isn't for the faint hearted!! I almost broke down the door and snatched my son. Immediately he came out, I breastfed him and he slept.
Be strong for him o! No go de shout for hospital like my sis. embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
This is like additions to the main course. Do search the rest.

Cc: laeroy
zaynie:

For my kids, not always o.
Fruit ( I cut the apples, watermelon and pineapples ( make sure to use airtight containers cos the juice can mess the bag. Or juice them and put in a bottle.
Solid chocolate( if we have any)
Popcorn (older kids)
Groundnut (older kids that can chew)
Eggs (hardboiled or fried and diced)

In my class, nothing wey we nor dey see.
Cup yoghurt. Some make theirs with unsweetened yoghurt and a fruit pureed together and place in an airtight container.
Sandwich (filling is usually nutella, honey (above 12m kids o) or peanut butter) cut into finger size bits.
Grapes are always a hit. They are sweet and can be picked by tiny fingers and are soft and don't get sour (unlike watermelon and pineapples).
French fries
Sausages
Chicken bits. Chicken nuggets, fish fingers (you can get the almost done types in stores and all you have to do is deep fry for a few minutes)
Fruit bars
Dates (soft ones)
Fruit juice (from juicer o, I don't really like the commercial ones like that)
Carrots; washed and sliced in strips.
Cucumbers ( if your kids love it)

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 3:19pm On Feb 21, 2018
hunniesuzie:
You've gotten good answers on these but just to add, 6 weeks is still young, nothing like spoiling. Breastmilk digests as quickly as 2 hours. Formula can last up to 3 hours. His stomach is still small, feed him biko

Lol it doesn't even last up to an hr. I feed every 45mins hence the 20times in a day except when he is asleep. I put him to sleep on his chest so he can sleep longer and won't cry for breast milk. It wasn't like this initially... He just begun asking for more. I can hardly sleep.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 3:21pm On Feb 21, 2018
Liftedhands:

Number 1 normal bathing is okay! No need for additional washing of the nipples ( it not like you rub dirt on it).

Number 2 sounds like colic do the bicycle moves and give him some tummy time it will ease off soon.

Number 3 Are you on exclusive or combined feeding?

Breast milk digest really fast so babies tend to feed more often than formula fed baby's. If you need a break express and give someone to feed baby, I don't think you are over feeding him nor spoiling him.
Thank you. That express would be better.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by khaite23: 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2018
mummyjayson:
thank you sooo much ma for the response... im kindof relieved,, i hope i wont cry with him tomorrow, lol

I really hope ooooooo...... may God give you the strength. cos wen my nephew's own was done, despite nt witnessing I almost shed tears. Then the doctor advised them to be putting olive oil on it atleast 5 times in a day and it really worked. The plastic fell in time.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2018
gabby18:

Yeah I know of silverbird...heard its not suitable for babies under 2months so I eventually went to the hospital. The doc still prescribed silver bird ( add a drop of the SB to hot water and allow the baby inhale the steam facing downwards..remove the babys face fron time to time when it gets too hot..she also prescribed vit c drops.
Thanks alot
You're right o! I had to quickly browse it... Said its not suitable for babies under 2months, while some said under 10yrs. Above its not suitable for children.. Then why do they prescribe it for us?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 3:29pm On Feb 21, 2018
khaite23:

I really hope ooooooo...... may God give you the strength. cos wen my nephew's own was done, despite nt witnessing I almost shed tears. Then the doctor advised them to be putting olive oil on it atleast 5 times in a day and it really worked. The plastic fell in time.
Oh your own better. My doc said I shouldn't put anything.. I should only give breast milk. Hm.. My grandma put penicillin, wet in concern her. It healed faster and relieved the pain. Tho the hospital prescribed vitamin c for him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummyjayson(f): 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2018
Bomgirl:

He was taken from me and I was asked to wait outside. The sound of their cry isn't for the faint hearted!! I almost broke down the door and snatched my son. Immediately he came out, I breastfed him and he slept.
Be strong for him o! No go de shout for hospital like my sis. embarassed embarassed
haahahahahahhaahhaha,,,,my dear,,,, i have small hope sha coz wen we went for bcg last friday, he only cried wen dey were giving him, after dat, he didnt cry again,, no temperature running,, he jst sucked breast nd slept,, so i hv faith.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummyjayson(f): 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2018
khaite23:

iheard of d olive oil thing too, thanks dear,,, i will ask questions sha wen i get to d hospital ,,,i will be strong by Gods grace,, e nor easy to be mummy o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 21, 2018
Are you sure the breast milk is coming out well? Maybe you should express in a bottle. Try 240ml if he finishes it at once then know your baby is a foodie. Supp will be an option.
HolySteph:

Lol it doesn't even last up to an hr. I feed every 45mins hence the 20times in a day except when he is asleep. I put him to sleep on his chest so he can sleep longer and won't cry for breast milk. It wasn't like this initially... He just begun asking for more. I can hardly sleep.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2018
HolySteph:

Sometimes,babies ask for more when on a growth spurt, colic,e.t.c.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PreciousRuby(f): 5:47pm On Feb 21, 2018
I'm trying to introduce my baby to bottle and he is not accepting it. What can I do to make him take it? This is being done as I have to resume work soon
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Brownsmoothie: 6:12pm On Feb 21, 2018
Good evening sabi mamas,pls I need your help about my 20months old son that is always having a hard time pooing....always running up and down crying wen he wants to poop and wen the poop eventually comes out it wl be very dark and hard.
We have been to the hospital and doctor suggest vegetables and fruits but still no changes and dis boy takes alot of water daily with fruits....dont knw wat else to do....pls I wl appreciate your suggestions and advise.tanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by isokey: 6:25pm On Feb 21, 2018
Zino89:
Please one of ds testicle is bigger than the other has anyone experienced this? He's 7 weeks old
Mama do not worry too much about this. I also noticed it in my son's testicle at around 2months, I was so worried and scared. I went to the hospital, did a scan and its was confirmed to be hydrocele... We were told it will gradually reduce and return to normal before he's six months. And so it did, no drugs at all. You can do a scan test be double sure. No cause for alarm.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 6:39pm On Feb 21, 2018
Please mama's I have come with my questions. What is the average age for a baby to start crawling because the way this thing is going, I will punch someone soon. So Hubby does this thing where he tries to get out baby to crawl. She actually bends her legs and raises her bottom and shifts. If you drop her in one place, come back in 5minutes and she is somewhere else. I have never seen her do the crawling movement but I know if I place her in the middle of the rug to go and do something, I can come back and meet her elsewhere.
So back to Hubby, he does this thing where he places her toys far away from her. She tries to stretch to reach it and he is clapping his hands and saying crawl, crawl. She actually lifts her legs and bottom to crawl bit after a while, she starts crying. At first it was funny to me but now It's not. Two of my SIL came on Sunday and they kept exclaiming that why is she not crawling yet. One of them actually put her on the floor and tries to bend her legs! The poor girl was screaming until I came to carry while giving SIL bad eye. Today at work, I was gisting with my colleague. She gave birth three weeks before I did and she said her baby can now stand and I jokingly mentioned that mine is yet to crawl sef and she tried to insinuate that maybe there is something wrong with my baby's legs because she should be crawling by 7months. If to say no be office we dey, I swear I for woz her better slap.
On my way home now and this thing is bothering me seriously. Could I be unintentionally preventing my baby from crawling cos I carry her too much? Once she comes back from day care, she is usually at my back while I try to do some chores of if hubby is around, he carries her. This is because of you put her down, she cries so hard and it stresses me out. I always want a little peace and quiet so I just jejely back her and do my thing but now I'm thinking maybe I have done it roo much? Someone said it maybe her weight. She weighted 8.5 at 6months and she is quite chubby so the woman said maybe her weight is too much for her to carry. My mom said it's because she had her teeth come out too early. That children that cut teeth before 5months don't crawl on time. She cut her teeth at 4months and now she is 7months plus. Is there anything I should be doing to help her achieve her crawling milestone faster? I wasn't bothered at first but the too many opinions, especially in church sef is getting to me.

Cc sarnie
Hunniesuzie
Liftedhands
Ifyalways
queensnow
Giddyperson
jazzyjazz and all other mama's.

Apologies for such a long post.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
PreciousRuby:
I'm trying to introduce my baby to bottle and he is not accepting it. What can I do to make him take it? This is being done as I have to resume work soon

Patience.
Some weeks ago I had to be somewhere and I didn't want to go with baby. I had to introduce bottles immediately though he suffered small that day but since then I decided to start giving him bottle once in a while and he takes it well now.
Just make sure the teat is opened enough for milk to pass through and give him gradually he will accept it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bomgirl(f): 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2018
casler:

Sometimes,babies ask for more when on a growth spurt, colic,e.t.c.

Exactly! Growth spurt came to mind when I saw the post. It will gradually go back to normal. smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2018
spiceeamiee:
Please mama's I have come with my questions. What is the average age for a baby to start crawling.

My dear don't let it get to you too much, my niece crawled at 9months.
To be sure just take a good look at her legs to be sure nothing is wrong, if not just encourage her more and she'll crawl when she's ready.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 6:57pm On Feb 21, 2018
Naomi14:
Are you sure the breast milk is coming out well? Maybe you should express in a bottle. Try 240ml if he finishes it at once then know your baby is a foodie. Supp will be an option.

240ml at 6weeks?
Isn't that too much?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omotolanibaby(f): 7:21pm On Feb 21, 2018
spiceeamiee:
Please mama's I have come with my questions. What is the average age for a baby to start crawling because the way this thing is going, I will punch someone soon. So Hubby does this thing where he tries to get out baby to crawl. She actually bends her legs and raises her bottom and shifts. If you drop her in one place, come back in 5minutes and she is somewhere else. I have never seen her do the crawling movement but I know if I place her in the middle of the rug to go and do something, I can come back and meet her elsewhere.
So back to Hubby, he does this thing where he places her toys far away from her. She tries to stretch to reach it and he is clapping his hands and saying crawl, crawl. She actually lifts her legs and bottom to crawl bit after a while, she starts crying. At first it was funny to me but now It's not. Two of my SIL came on Sunday and they kept exclaiming that why is she not crawling yet. One of them actually put her on the floor and tries to bend her legs! The poor girl was screaming until I came to carry while giving SIL bad eye. Today at work, I was gisting with my colleague. She gave birth three weeks before I did and she said her baby can now stand and I jokingly mentioned that mine is yet to crawl sef and she tried to insinuate that maybe there is something wrong with my baby's legs because she should be crawling by 7months. If to say no be office we dey, I swear I for woz her better slap.
On my way home now and this thing is bothering me seriously. Could I be unintentionally preventing my baby from crawling cos I carry her too much? Once she comes back from day care, she is usually at my back while I try to do some chores of if hubby is around, he carries her. This is because of you put her down, she cries so hard and it stresses me out. I always want a little peace and quiet so I just jejely back her and do my thing but now I'm thinking maybe I have done it roo much? Someone said it maybe her weight. She weighted 8.5 at 6months and she is quite chubby so the woman said maybe her weight is too much for her to carry. My mom said it's because she had her teeth come out too early. That children that cut teeth before 5months don't crawl on time. She cut her teeth at 4months and now she is 7months plus. Is there anything I should be doing to help her achieve her crawling milestone faster? I wasn't bothered at first but the too many opinions, especially in church sef is getting to me.

Cc sarnie
Hunniesuzie
Liftedhands
Ifyalways
queensnow
Giddyperson
jazzyjazz and all other mama's.

Apologies for such a long post.
u don't need to worry yourself so much like this now. some babies are like that,, they wont crawl, they will start working straight
.never compare ur child growths wit others. it's always different.. my neighbors daughter did not crawl at 7 months, she just started working at 11 months. nothing is wrong with her, she is just doing her thingsat her own pace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:21pm On Feb 21, 2018
Hello moms.
MHC is up this weekend.
If you have anything to give us. Kindly send me a message on Whatsapp or a pm.
Thank you.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) (1546) (1547) (1548) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.