Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,126 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4384697 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1544) (1545) (1546) (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2018
Ignore is exactly what I would do. Thanks mama

jazzyjazz:

All I have to say is IGNORE EVERYONE!

Crawling is not a milestone o! It's not!. Not every child crawls!

If your child does not crawl it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your child
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2018
Brownsmoothie:
Good evening sabi mamas,pls I need your help about my 20months old son that is always having a hard time pooing....always running up and down crying wen he wants to poop and wen the poop eventually comes out it wl be very dark and hard.
We have been to the hospital and doctor suggest vegetables and fruits but still no changes and dis boy takes alot of water daily with fruits....dont knw wat else to do....pls I wl appreciate your suggestions and advise.tanks
Hope you don't give him Bournvita? Does he sweat alot? He may be sweating out the plenty water he's drinking. Juice his fruits to ensure he's taking in the appropriate measure. Take care.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 10:13pm On Feb 21, 2018
mummyjayson:
my dear, i might go far away from where its been done till they finish... Thank God mum is coming withme....It is well

Better. For my 3 sons i have never entered the waiting room neither have i entered the theatre with them. My mum goes in with the baby. Mine is just to nurse him afterwards. I use UBTH and it's the plastibell type they do. All the best

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Brownsmoothie: 10:36pm On Feb 21, 2018
[quote author=JGracious post=65262009]

What's your weekly meal plan for him like?

Tanx alot JGracious and Liftedhearts.....he takes cerelac and indomie wl add oat to his meal.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 11:05pm On Feb 21, 2018
spiceeamiee:
Please mama's I have come with my questions. What is the average age for a baby to start crawling?

Having read senior mama's experiences, I made up my mind when i birthed not to discuss my baby's milestones with nosey pple just looking for gist. I have also taken time to educate myself via various baby sites on what to expect from my lo from time to time. This helps me to put my mind at ease and also shut down the "itooknows" around me.

Don't permit anyone to frustrate you and torture your baby with bad mouth. Some pple will take style to abuse you sef in the name of talking to your baby like an adult.

my ds too didn't like staying on his own. he will sit inside walker for just 2mins and start yelling and I detest noise. I jejely carry him upandan the house to enjoy peace and quiet. he's 10mths+ now and I can see he's gradually learning how to play by himself.

keep enjoying motherhood o jare....

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by erne: 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2018
Our Unprocessed pure honey can help treat skin infections, helps wounds heal, and improves dandruff and itchy scalp.
Price: 3k per litre
Contact,
Symmetric Cosmetics,
08139458588, 08053408939
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by toyeem(f): 12:38am On Feb 22, 2018
spiceeamiee:
Please mama's I have come with my questions. What is the average age for a baby to start crawling because the way this thing is going, I will punch someone soon.

Lols. Mama no need to punch someone. Wen it comes to pregnancy and young children,a lot of pple just feel like dey know best dan u d mother and dat really pisses me off. My 1st daughter started crawling at 7months while my 2nd didnt crawl till 11months,i was doing all d bending of knees,raising of bombom d know-alls were advising and I think I ended up confusing her as she wanted to jump d crawling to go straight to walking. But guess what,dey both started walking at 12months and some days. Just put ur mind at rest,give ur baby balanced diet and enjoy d milestones wen dey come.motherhood on its own is enough stress,don't add more to it for urself oo pls.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 1:15am On Feb 22, 2018
spiceeamiee:
Thanks mama. She has a walker and she easily sits in it and walks around it but she gets very bored quickly and then she starts crying so then again I have to carry her or back her so I can do some things. The matter taya me jare

NOTHING is wrong with ur baby. U just described my son in ur post. As soon as he cut teeth at 3months + they started saying he will be lazy. He didn't crawl until 8months and he is chubby so they said same that his weight was his problem. Anyone that complained I just asked how many adult have they given 1naira at the bank because he crawled or walked early. Or is anyone's leg straight cos he walked early. The day I said this to my mum my baby laughed and clapped on his own. Mumsy was shocked she then said u are clapping for ur mum cos she knows how to talk abi. Follow human beings and bad mouth u will have bp from thinking.

When they see how cute and well taking care of ur baby is they will look for something to demoralize u.

The people talking are mama Ekene's village people. that's there work

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 2:15am On Feb 22, 2018
Pls hubby will not let me rest with buying Aptamil 3 I have tried to convince him to go for whole milk instead. Now he wants the best available whole milk. Sabi mamas come and recommend.
I will not call liftedhands I don't want insult.
@jazzyjazz @feddy27 @enque @Akorkor @ifyalways @zaynie

If not that I am a good christian I would have bought one Aptamil 3 for 8500 then starts refilling with whole milk make I dey save 5500 every time I buy formula grin. I will not just be like mama Ekene and hunniesuzie. Bad girls
Before dh will tell me I leave u for angels and the holy spirit to judge. Make I no go kolomental and instablog carry my story cos of 5k.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 3:57am On Feb 22, 2018
queensnow:
Shomolu yw

Wow.... Iz quite a distant from my side sis. Sincerely, would v loved to come n get it buh I gat no one to send to get d blender. I'm grateful towards ur kind gesture. God bless u..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummyjayson(f): 4:11am On Feb 22, 2018
soonest:

Better. For my 3 sons i have never entered the waiting room neither have i entered the theatre with them. My mum goes in with the baby. Mine is just to nurse him afterwards. I use UBTH and it's the plastibell type they do. All the best
ahhhh,thank you soooooo much, i hv been looking for who uses ubth cos daz where i am going,,, im soooo grateful for the info,,,, hope to see/meet u one day..i stay at isihor

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 4:56am On Feb 22, 2018
Thanks ma'am. I be JJC. I have really learnt. Won't be discussing nada with anyone again. Thank you.

JGracious:

Having read senior mama's experiences, I made up my mind when i birthed not to discuss my baby's milestones with nosey pple just looking for gist. I have also taken time to educate myself via various baby sites on what to expect from my lo from time to time. This helps me to put my mind at ease and also shut down the "itooknows" around me.

Don't permit anyone to frustrate you and torture your baby with bad mouth. Some pple will take style to abuse you sef in the name of talking to your baby like an adult.

my ds too didn't like staying on his own. he will sit inside walker for just 2mins and start yelling and I detest noise. I jejely carry him upandan the house to enjoy peace and quiet. he's 10mths+ now and I can see he's gradually learning how to play by himself.

keep enjoying motherhood o jare....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 4:57am On Feb 22, 2018
Thank you mama.

toyeem:

Lols. Mama no need to punch someone. Wen it comes to pregnancy and young children,a lot of pple just feel like dey know best dan u d mother and dat really pisses me off. My 1st daughter started crawling at 7months while my 2nd didnt crawl till 11months,i was doing all d bending of knees,raising of bombom d know-alls were advising and I think I ended up confusing her as she wanted to jump d crawling to go straight to walking. But guess what,dey both started walking at 12months and some days. Just put ur mind at rest,give ur baby balanced diet and enjoy d milestones wen dey come.motherhood on its own is enough stress,don't add more to it for urself oo pls.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 4:58am On Feb 22, 2018
Thank you mama. I will start clapping back at anyone that says nonsense to me. Thank you and regards to your baby.

Chanbaby:

NOTHING is wrong with ur baby. U just described my son in ur post. As soon as he cut teeth at 3months + they started saying he will be lazy. He didn't crawl until 8months and he is chubby so they said same that his weight was his problem. Anyone that complained I just asked how many adult have they given 1naira at the bank because he crawled or walked early. Or is anyone's leg straight cos he walked early. The day I said this to my mum my baby laughed and clapped on his own. Mumsy was shocked she then said u are clapping for ur mum cos she knows how to talk abi. Follow human beings and bad mouth u will have bp from thinking.

When they see how cute and well taking care of ur baby is they will look for something to demoralize u.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:00am On Feb 22, 2018
Chanbaby:
Pls hubby will not let me rest with buying Aptamil 3 I have tried to convince him to go for whole milk instead. Now he wants the best available whole milk. Sabi mamas come and recommend.

If not that I am a good christian I would have bought one Aptamil 3 for 8500 then starts refilling with whole milk make I dey save 5500 every time I buy formula grin. I will not just be like mama Ekene and hunniesuzie. Bad girls
Before dh will tell me I leave u for angels and the holy spirit to judge. Make I no go kolomental and instablog carry my story cos of 5k.

I switched to Dano full cream milk when my son turned one.

be looking for trouble. Let Liftedhands and Hunniesuzie catch you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 6:23am On Feb 22, 2018
mummyjayson:
ahhhh,thank you soooooo much, i hv been looking for who uses ubth cos daz where i am going,,, im soooo grateful for the info,,,, hope to see/meet u one day..i stay at isihor

Wow! My parents stay that side. One day one day, we go jam. Today is even my ANC. Try and go early cause they do it before the sun becomes hot to minimize bleeding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 7:29am On Feb 22, 2018
Chanbaby:
I will not call liftedhan ds I don't want in
@jazz yjazz @fe ddy27 @en que @Ak orkor @if yalways @zayn ie

If not that I am a good christian I would have bought one Aptamil 3 for 8500 then starts refilling with whole milk make I dey save 5500 every time I buy formula grin. I will not just be like mama Ekene and hunnies uzie. Bad girls
Before dh will tell me I leave u for angels and the holy spirit to judge.Make I no go kolomental and instablog carry my story cos of 5k.
cheesy cheesy as a criminal that you are! You dh sabi you wella tongue

Erm biko is it your money? Buy aptamil 3 jare tongue

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 7:38am On Feb 22, 2018
Chanbaby:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:04am On Feb 22, 2018
Crawling is not even deemed a milestone because some babies simply don't do it. You baby already moves by herself whether by shuffling or actual crawling doesn't matter. Some babies go from shuffling to standing and walking without ever crawling. Please don't listen to anybody, babies develop at their own pace, 7 months is still young. Tell your colleague next time to show you the award she got when her baby started standing/walking/quoting the bible/doing cartwheels...whatever

spiceeamiee:
Please mama's I have come with my questions. What is the average age for a baby to start crawling because the way this thing is going, I will punch someone soon. So Hubby does this thing where he tries to get out baby to crawl. She actually bends her legs and raises her bottom and shifts. If you drop her in one place, come back in 5minutes and she is somewhere else. I have never seen her do the crawling movement but I know if I place her in the middle of the rug to go and do something, I can come back and meet her elsewhere.
So back to Hubby, he does this thing where he places her toys far away from her. She tries to stretch to reach it and he is clapping his hands and saying crawl, crawl. She actually lifts her legs and bottom to crawl bit after a while, she starts crying. At first it was funny to me but now It's not. Two of my SIL came on Sunday and they kept exclaiming that why is she not crawling yet. One of them actually put her on the floor and tries to bend her legs! The poor girl was screaming until I came to carry while giving SIL bad eye. Today at work, I was gisting with my colleague. She gave birth three weeks before I did and she said her baby can now stand and I jokingly mentioned that mine is yet to crawl sef and she tried to insinuate that maybe there is something wrong with my baby's legs because she should be crawling by 7months. If to say no be office we dey, I swear I for woz her better slap.
On my way home now and this thing is bothering me seriously. Could I be unintentionally preventing my baby from crawling cos I carry her too much? Once she comes back from day care, she is usually at my back while I try to do some chores of if hubby is around, he carries her. This is because of you put her down, she cries so hard and it stresses me out. I always want a little peace and quiet so I just jejely back her and do my thing but now I'm thinking maybe I have done it roo much? Someone said it maybe her weight. She weighted 8.5 at 6months and she is quite chubby so the woman said maybe her weight is too much for her to carry. My mom said it's because she had her teeth come out too early. That children that cut teeth before 5months don't crawl on time. She cut her teeth at 4months and now she is 7months plus. Is there anything I should be doing to help her achieve her crawling milestone faster? I wasn't bothered at first but the too many opinions, especially in church sef is getting to me.

Cc sa.rnie
Hunn.iesuzie
Lifted.hands
Ifyalw.ays
queens.now
Giddyp.erson
jazzyj.azz and all other mama's.

Apologies for such a long post.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:11am On Feb 22, 2018
kwakwakwa, fixed your post for you...let me pocket my contribution of Peak milk which I started giving my baby on Monday and leave you to find advice from people that are not bad girls

Senior bad girl chanbaby, funds diverter...beyonce hand for you

Chanbaby:

If not that I am a good christian senior bad girl I would have bought one Aptamil 3 for 8500 then starts refilling with whole milk make I dey save 5500 every time I buy formula grin. I will not just be like mama Ekene and hunniesuzie. Bad girls

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lopside12: 8:44am On Feb 22, 2018
spiceeamiee:
Please mama's I have come with my questions. What is the average age for a baby to start

My family said i walked at 7 months..
My sister walked at 7 and her twin bro walked at 12 months...

Donkey years later do my parents feel that my walking early is a feat?.NO

So long as you have a healthy little one, those things should not even bother you

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:03am On Feb 22, 2018
Brownsmoothie:
Good evening sabi mamas,pls I need your help about my 20months old son that is always having a hard time pooing....always running up and down crying wen he wants to poop and wen the poop eventually comes out it wl be very dark and hard.
We have been to the hospital and doctor suggest vegetables and fruits but still no changes and dis boy takes alot of water daily with fruits....dont knw wat else to do....pls I wl appreciate your suggestions and advise.tanks
cc: feddy27, seems she once posted one drug her son took for same issue.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:12am On Feb 22, 2018
spiceeamiee:
Please mama's I have come with my questions. What is the average age for a baby to start crawling because the way this thing is going, I will punch someone soon. So Hubby does this thing where he tries to get out baby to crawl. She actually bends her legs and raises her bottom and shifts. If you drop her in one place, come back in 5minutes and she is somewhere else. I have never seen her do the crawling movement but I know if I place her in the middle of the rug to go and do something, I can come back and meet her elsewhere.
So back to Hubby, he does this thing where he places her toys far away from her. She tries to stretch to reach it and he is clapping his hands and saying crawl, crawl. She actually lifts her legs and bottom to crawl bit after a while, she starts crying. At first it was funny to me but now It's not. Two of my SIL came on Sunday and they kept exclaiming that why is she not crawling yet. One of them actually put her on the floor and tries to bend her legs! The poor girl was screaming until I came to carry while giving SIL bad eye. Today at work, I was gisting with my colleague. She gave birth three weeks before I did and she said her baby can now stand and I jokingly mentioned that mine is yet to crawl sef and she tried to insinuate that maybe there is something wrong with my baby's legs because she should be crawling by 7months. If to say no be office we dey, I swear I for woz her better slap.
On my way home now and this thing is bothering me seriously. Could I be unintentionally preventing my baby from crawling cos I carry her too much? Once she comes back from day care, she is usually at my back while I try to do some chores of if hubby is around, he carries her. This is because of you put her down, she cries so hard and it stresses me out. I always want a little peace and quiet so I just jejely back her and do my thing but now I'm thinking maybe I have done it roo much? Someone said it maybe her weight. She weighted 8.5 at 6months and she is quite chubby so the woman said maybe her weight is too much for her to carry. My mom said it's because she had her teeth come out too early. That children that cut teeth before 5months don't crawl on time. She cut her teeth at 4months and now she is 7months plus. Is there anything I should be doing to help her achieve her crawling milestone faster? I wasn't bothered at first but the too many opinions, especially in church sef is getting to me.

Cc sar.nie
Hunnie.suzie
Liftedh.ands
Ifyalwa.ys
queens.now
Giddype.rson
jazzyja.zz and all other mama's.

Please, no one was there when God planted her in ur womb, they were not there when God nurtured her till u birth her, I now wonder why they will be the one to decide when she will crawl or walk. Leave her alone, let her do her stuff in her own pace. We like trying God too much. My only advice for you is not to be carrying her too much, free her but no one should force her to crawl because it will eventually happen and even walk before those crawling from the womb. I just tire for people. That's how one old mama wanted to frustrate my son that he didn't talk on time and she started comparing him to his grandchildren until I don't allow her to greet the boy again by dragging my son whenever we meet her on the road. don't allow anyone to create unnecessary fear into you, each child to his/her own pace o my sister.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummyjayson(f): 9:21am On Feb 22, 2018
soonest:

Wow! My parents stay that side. One day one day, we go jam. Today is even my ANC. Try and go early cause they do it before the sun becomes hot to minimize bleeding.
we are there already,, thanks alot ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 22, 2018
I officially welcome myself to the newborn thread. Thanks hunniesuzie.

I'm coming with my questions oo..

Although I pray for a smooth ride without having many questions.

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:51am On Feb 22, 2018
Chanbaby:

Kikikikiki cheesy
Let's thank God you dinor mention me with the bad people . grin

Dano milk for me and my family kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 9:51am On Feb 22, 2018
Chanbaby:

@chanbaby, right now i am using Nido and sometime milksi but i am still looking for the best option because my baby no dey take am alone unless is added to cereals.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 9:53am On Feb 22, 2018
Welcome @booqee..

Big brother naija no dey allow me come this thread again tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 22, 2018
This was my first question in the preggy thread. Although I've gotten a lot of good response which I'm yet to try cos I'm still in hospital. More would be appreciated.

Thank you all so much for your messages and good wishes. Its well appreciated! May God bless you all and answer your prayers.

Please advise,
My baby isn't latching to my breast properly, but she's desperately trying to suck. The moment my nipple gets close, she starts suckinh and licking just the surface. She doesn't wait for it to enter her mouth before she closes it (it doesn't help that I have a flattened nipple that refuse to protrude even after manipulating it before putting it to her mouth.

Worse still, I'm not even lactating. I was hoping her sucking would pull out the milk from where its hiding. But she's not latching well. It's almost 48 hours of no food, and I'm so unhappy especially that I can't satisfy her hunger when she cries.

I've drank a lot of pap, milk, tea, so I can lactate, but nothing yet.

It appears I have a large nipple, and her lips are small. I have a flattened nipple that goes in (forgotten what's its called),

Most importantly is HOW CAN I MAKE HER LATCH PROPERLY

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 9:53am On Feb 22, 2018
zaynie:

Kikikikiki cheesy
Let's thank God you dinor mention me with the bad people . grin

Dano milk for me and my family kiss

Maybe i will give Dano milk a try..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 9:56am On Feb 22, 2018
Please ohh senior mama!!! I will like to wean my baby from breastmilk but i dont know where and how to start.

Kindly assist me with any methods that have worked for you in the past or presently.

@zaynie, AlphaHadMaiden, Hunniesuzzie( You don wean?), Jazzjazz, feddy27(How far?), enque( your DD leave your breast easily) ayam jealous of you o, LIftedHands

Please help me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 9:57am On Feb 22, 2018
booqee:
This was my first question in the preggy thread. Although I've gotten a lot of good response which I'm yet to try cos I'm still in hospital. More would be appreciated.

The milk will come with time but before then please give baby formula mbok. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (1544) (1545) (1546) (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.