Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,810 members, 7,806,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4388464 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1545) (1546) (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 9:58am On Feb 22, 2018
Thanks mama

comtem2011:
Please, no one was there when God planted her in ur womb, they were not there when God nurtured her till u birth her, I now wonder why they will be the one to decide when she will crawl or walk. Leave her alone, let her do her stuff in her own pace. We like trying God too much. My only advice for you is not to be carrying her too much, free her but no one should force her to crawl because it will eventually happen and even walk before those crawling from the womb. I just tire for people. That's how one old mama wanted to frustrate my son that he didn't talk on time and she started comparing him to his grandchildren until I don't allow her to greet the boy again by dragging my son whenever we meet her on the road. don't allow anyone to create unnecessary fear into you, each child to his/her own pace o my sister.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 9:59am On Feb 22, 2018
True. Thank you.

lopside12:

My family said i walked at 7 months..
My sister walked at 7 and her twin bro walked at 12 months...

Donkey years later do my parents feel that my walking early is a feat?.NO

So long as you have a healthy little one, those things should not even bother you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 10:01am On Feb 22, 2018
Thanks mama

hunniesuzie:
Crawling is not even deemed a milestone because some babies simply don't do it. You baby already moves by herself whether by shuffling or actual crawling doesn't matter. Some babies go from shuffling to standing and walking without ever crawling. Please don't listen to anybody, babies develop at their own pace, 7 months is still young. Tell your colleague next time to show you the award she got when her baby started standing/walking/quoting the bible/doing cartwheels...whatever

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 10:19am On Feb 22, 2018
Chanbaby... I learnt kerrygold full cream milk is very good too.

But really women are amazing, with the way we always try to cut down cost with good alternatives that will work. May God bless every good woman out there.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 10:24am On Feb 22, 2018
Akorkor:

right now i am using Nido and sometime milksi but i am still looking for the best option because my baby no dey take am alone unless is added to cereals.
She may not take it without a sweetener being added to it. either a cube of sugar or a little honey if she's more than a year. Milks are not sweet on their own now.. when it's not formula.

You can check the link below for steps on weaning a baby. hoping it helps.

https://m.wikihow.com/Gradually-Stop-Breastfeeding?amp=1
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:24am On Feb 22, 2018
Lol, since beginning of January. My mum was around so I just sent him to sleep with her (he was only sucking in the night at this point). He cried a lot the first night then settled down after. He drinks only water at night now, eats his last meal for the day at 9pm, wakes up about 5/5:30 for breakfast

Akorkor:
Please ohh senior mama!!! I will like to wean my baby from breastmilk but i dont know where and how to start.

Kindly assist me with any methods that have worked for you in the past or presently.

@zay.nie, AlphaHad.Maiden, Hunniesuz.zie( You don wean?), Jazz.jazz, feddy.27(How far?), enqu.e( your DD leave your breast easily) ayam jealous of you o, LIft.edHands

Please help me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 10:47am On Feb 22, 2018
Chanbaby:
Pls hubby will not let me rest with buying Aptamil 3 I have tried to convince him to go for whole milk instead. Now he wants the best available whole milk. Sabi mamas come and recommend.
I will not call liftedhands I don't want insult.
@jazz..yjazz @fe..ddy27 @en..que @Akor..kor @ifya..lways @zay..nie

If not that I am a good christian I would have bought one Aptamil 3 for 8500 then starts refilling with whole milk make I dey save 5500 every time I buy formula grin. I will not just be like mama Ekene and hun..niesuzie. Bad girls
Before dh will tell me I leave u for angels and the holy spirit to judge. Make I no go kolomental and instablog carry my story cos of 5k.

the man is ready to buy aptamil 3, why are you blocking him tongue tongue is it because you did not drink aptamil 3 tongue tongue biko allow my baby to enjoy his daddy's money...remember aptamil 3 is not forever, he will eventually take those ones are want him to take

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 10:54am On Feb 22, 2018
Brownsmoothie:
Good evening sabi mamas,pls I need your help about my 20months old son that is always having a hard time pooing....always running up and down crying wen he wants to poop and wen the poop eventually comes out it wl be very dark and hard.
We have been to the hospital and doctor suggest vegetables and fruits but still no changes and dis boy takes alot of water daily with fruits....dont knw wat else to do....pls I wl appreciate your suggestions and advise.tanks

you will have to use a suppository. I've used both (the pics attached)... not sure you can find pedialax here, if you do excellent. It worked perfectly. It's easier to find the care suppository here.

It's a phase and he will outgrow it. Surprisingly, my son no longer suffers from it again after 2years+. There's really nothing you can do about it except by using suppositories

2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:12am On Feb 22, 2018
Akorkor:
Please ohh senior mama!!! I will like to wean my baby from breastmilk but i dont know where and how to start.

Kindly assist me with any methods that have worked for you in the past or presently.

@zaynie, AlphaHadMaiden, Hunniesuzzie( You don wean?), Jazzjazz, feddy27(How far?), enque( your DD leave your breast easily) ayam jealous of you o, LIftedHands

Please help me

I do gradual weaning instead of going cold turkey.
Stoo day time weaning and do evening to night only.
Try not to put him to sleep with breast in his mouth.
Then gradually at night, introduce water instead of breastmilk (I try not to use mill or juice cos of dental caries or to avoid night feeding).

Why you calling mama Ekene, you no hear say Ekene still dey suck bweast? cheesy
Runs away.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 11:19am On Feb 22, 2018
zaynie:

I do gradual weaning instead of going cold turkey.
Stoo day time weaning and do evening to night only.
Try not to put him to sleep with breast in his mouth.
Then gradually at night, introduce water instead of breastmilk (I try not to use mill or juice cos of dental caries or to avoid night feeding).

Why you calling mama Ekene, you no hear say Ekene still dey suck bweast? cheesy
Runs away.
Ohhhh...okay. I have actually stopped day breastfeeding and i only do it in the evening too.

Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 11:21am On Feb 22, 2018
Lilliesbud12:

She may not take it without a sweetener being added to it. either a cube of sugar or a little honey if she's more than a year. Milks are not sweet on their own now.. when it's not formula.

You can check the link below for steps on weaning a baby. hoping it helps.

https://m.wikihow.com/Gradually-Stop-Breastfeeding?amp=1

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 11:27am On Feb 22, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Lol, since beginning of January. My mum was around so I just sent him to sleep with her (he was only sucking in the night at this point). He cried a lot the first night then settled down after. He drinks only water at night now, eats his last meal for the day at 9pm, wakes up about 5/5:30 for breakfast

So he doesnt suck again?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zino89: 11:33am On Feb 22, 2018
isokey:

Mama do not worry too much about this. I also noticed it in my son's testicle at around 2months, I was so worried and scared. I went to the hospital, did a scan and its was confirmed to be hydrocele... We were told it will gradually reduce and return to normal before he's six months. And so it did, no drugs at all. You can do a scan test be double sure. No cause for alarm.
I took him to the hospital yesterday Dr said its nothing to worry about just like you said thanks... Now I can drink water and keep cup grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:39am On Feb 22, 2018
Not at all, he only cried for 2 nights then he forgot grin

Akorkor:

So he doesnt suck again?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DocAdray(f): 11:57am On Feb 22, 2018
Hello dear mommas, I've been a silent observer/follower, but now I'm porting officially from Pregnancy to this Newborn thread, I hope I'm welcome.
Had my DD on Saturday (17/02/2018) after a sharp-sharp labour. God has been faithful.

#Modified

16 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 12:02pm On Feb 22, 2018
DocAdray:
Hello dear mommas, I've been a silent observer/follower, but now I'm porting officially from Pregnancy to this Newborn thread, I hope I'm welcome.
Had my DS on Saturday (17/02/2018) after a sharp-sharp labour. God has been faithful.
welcome mama

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 12:10pm On Feb 22, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Not at all, he only cried for 2 nights then he forgot grin

Wowww!!! I will try that
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 12:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
spiceeamiee:
Please mama's I have come with my questions. What is the average age for a baby to start crawling because the way this thing is going, I will punch someone soon. So Hubby does this thing where he tries to get out baby to crawl. She actually bends her legs and raises her bottom and shifts. If you drop her in one place, come back in 5minutes and she is somewhere else. I have never seen her do the crawling movement but I know if I place her in the middle of the rug to go and do something, I can come back and meet her elsewhere.
So back to Hubby, he does this thing where he places her toys far away from her. She tries to stretch to reach it and he is clapping his hands and saying crawl, crawl. She actually lifts her legs and bottom to crawl bit after a while, she starts crying. At first it was funny to me but now It's not. Two of my SIL came on Sunday and they kept exclaiming that why is she not crawling yet. One of them actually put her on the floor and tries to bend her legs! The poor girl was screaming until I came to carry while giving SIL bad eye. Today at work, I was gisting with my colleague. She gave birth three weeks before I did and she said her baby can now stand and I jokingly mentioned that mine is yet to crawl sef and she tried to insinuate that maybe there is something wrong with my baby's legs because she should be crawling by 7months. If to say no be office we dey, I swear I for woz her better slap.
On my way home now and this thing is bothering me seriously. Could I be unintentionally preventing my baby from crawling cos I carry her too much? Once she comes back from day care, she is usually at my back while I try to do some chores of if hubby is around, he carries her. This is because of you put her down, she cries so hard and it stresses me out. I always want a little peace and quiet so I just jejely back her and do my thing but now I'm thinking maybe I have done it roo much? Someone said it maybe her weight. She weighted 8.5 at 6months and she is quite chubby so the woman said maybe her weight is too much for her to carry. My mom said it's because she had her teeth come out too early. That children that cut teeth before 5months don't crawl on time. She cut her teeth at 4months and now she is 7months plus. Is there anything I should be doing to help her achieve her crawling milestone faster? I wasn't bothered at first but the too many opinions, especially in church sef is getting to me.

Cc sarnie
Hunniesuzie
Liftedhands
Ifyalways
queensnow
Giddyperson
jazzyjazz and all other mama's.

Apologies for such a long post.

Was just peeping as usual when I saw your post so let me add my own experience

We stood and walked at 15 months, the same week he clocked 15 months was when he started to stand on his own without holding on to anything and when he walked. Within that week, he was walking perfectly well and even better than his mates that started since 19gbogboro, carrying heavy objects they couldn't handle and dancing/clapping at the same time on his feet/ walking long stretches without falling/ taking long and fast strides. grin grin grin grin

Never heard of that kind wahala with walking until 2 people told me their son started to walk at 15 months, shu. When he clocked 12 months and he didn't want to walk, I started beating him on Saturdays after his papa don go out o, God forgive me. But it was counter productive so I stopped. He had no difficulty cruising about then o, my boy would drag and run with a chair and a 3 year old will be sitting on it. So why he didn't wanna let go was what I didn't know, he sha wanted to always hold on to something. So i kukuma did what I knew how to do best. I put it in prayer. 15 months came and he made us proud. grin grin grin.

Ignore all those plenty stories of my baby can read dictionary at 1 year. Some children don't crawl and go ahead to standing and walking. if you feel worried, pray about it and ignore all those comments if not, the thing fit give person high PB. Finish

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 12:35pm On Feb 22, 2018
Pls mamas who has had to use ORS for babies below 6 months what's the measurement of water? I was told 1 litre in d hospital and on d satchet I have 200ml-400ml

I don't know who to mention o so biko don't pass me by
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 22, 2018
You are welicome!
DocAdray:
Had my DS on Saturday (17/02/2018) after a sharp-sharp labour. God has been faithful.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 12:55pm On Feb 22, 2018
gwng:
You can now ORDER for KINYO BABY BREAST MILK PUMP.

COMES WITH ONE YEAR WARRANTY

Our Address: 3-9 Olu Koleosho off Medical Road, Ikeja, Lagos.
Phone/Whatsapp: 08060675824.

Why Buy from us? We have sold a handful to people on this forum and they ARE SATISFIED WITH OUR QUALITY.

Some satisfied Nairaland users using Kinyo. See this: https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/3330#59403999. There are many more though

Single Breast Milk Pump: 20k
Double Breast Milk Pump: 30k

WE ALSO NOW HAVE DIGITAL THERMOMETERS (VERY USEFUL TO CHECK YOUR BABY TEMPERATURE, 2k), DIGITAL INFRA-RED THERMOMETERS (5K), FETAL DOPPLER (TO CHECK FETUS HEART-BEAT RATE, 25k) AVAILABLE ON PRE-ORDER.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:04pm On Feb 22, 2018
I used that big eva bottle, I don't know if it's the same brand of ORS sha. Can you include a picture of it maybe mamas who are familiar will help

Nimi22:
Pls mamas who has had to use ORS for babies below 6 months what's the measurement of water? I was told 1 litre in d hospital and on d satchet I have 200ml-400ml

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PreciousRuby(f): 1:06pm On Feb 22, 2018
DocAdray:

Congratulations and you are welcome

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:09pm On Feb 22, 2018
Nimi22:

per sachet, u use 1 liter. may be what u read on the sachet is that " the child must take up to 200ml-400ml within 24 hrs. Not necessary that ur baby must finish the 1 litre but thats the measurement for one sachet.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:11pm On Feb 22, 2018
DocAdray:
Congrats and welcome here. May God bless the Little one.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 1:39pm On Feb 22, 2018
comtem2011:
per sachet, u use 1 liter. may be what u read on the sachet is that " the child must take up to 200ml-400ml within 24 hrs. Not necessary that ur baby must finish the 1 litre but thats the measurement for one sachet.

Ok I get it now. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 1:41pm On Feb 22, 2018
Akorkor:

@za..ynie, Alpha..HadMaiden, Hunnie..suzzie( You don wean?), Jazzj..azz, fed..dy27(How far?), en..que( your DD leave your breast easily) ayam jealous of you o, LIft..edHands

Please help me

I've not weaned o, so I can't help...sorry cheesy cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 1:45pm On Feb 22, 2018
hunniesuzie:
I used that big eva bottle, I don't know if it's the same brand of ORS sha. Can you include a picture of it maybe mamas who are familiar will help

I later used 1 big eva.

This is the pix attached

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Misi16: 2:05pm On Feb 22, 2018
[quote author=Akorkor post=65275956]Please ohh senior mama!!! I will like to wean my baby from breastmilk but i dont know where and how to start.

@zaynie, AlphaHadMaiden, Hunniesuzzie( You don wean?), Jazzjazz, feddy27(How far?), enque( your DD leave your breast easily) ayam jealous of you o, LIftedHands

I started gradually, stopped daytime feeds, then night became wahala. Especially if like me, no grandma t go and drop him at for a while. Get ready to steel yourself, to all manipulative crying. Make sure u feed him well at night before bedtime, if he's started eating normal food try solids like Amala or semo with soup. Then prepare tea or have water at hand for when he wakes. Offer him the substitute, he may refuse, probably start yelling and demanding his right.your job is to refuse o, if u yield he don win be that, becomes harder. My ds first day took the tea and still wanted breast, I no gree, next day threw the cup at me and refused tea, 3rd day offered water and he started beating me dragging my breast with me, 4th day repeat of day 3, 5th day when he woke up and reached for breast, I removed his hand,ds jejely turned and continued sleeping. No more breast since then, now if he wakes he takes water and sleeps back. Most times the night feeding is for comfort especially when they are eating normal food well. Weaned him at 14months, wanted to breastfeed for at least a year.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 2:11pm On Feb 22, 2018
[quote author=Misi16 post=65282833][/quote]

Thank you, i would try this method tooo. She's 14 months now and i am honestly tired. The problem now is we sleep on the same bed and we are too close. In fact, only myself and her are always at home 24/7. So i am so finding it difficult but i will try your advice. God help me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 2:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
Mamas help me with this. This ( picture attached) was sold to us while baby shopping, I have not been using it so I decided to bring it out ( maybe it can be of use one of these days). Only thing I know about it looking at it is feeding bottles are kept in there. Now these are my questions......
- it is meant to keep baby food stay warm or what?
- Can fresh breastmilk be stored there for some hours to feed baby instead of opening clothes everytime while on any outing (like Sunday service)

BTW anybody that knows Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode or anybody that started 6 months maternity leave in Lagos State should Thank him/them for me wink The person head dey there. God bless him/her/them

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:46pm On Feb 22, 2018
1. Yes it's meant to keep the food warm, whether it does this is another question
2. You can store breastmilk at room temperature for up to 6 hours, I think that warmer is not appropriate as it will make it too warm. Formula should only be kept for an hour

angeltolly:
Mamas help me with this. This ( picture attached) was sold to us while baby shopping, I have not been using it so I decided to bring it out ( maybe it can be of use one of these days). Only thing I know about it looking at it is feeding bottles are kept in there. Now these are my questions......
- it is meant to keep baby food stay warm or what?
- Can fresh breastmilk be stored there for some hours to feed baby instead of opening clothes everytime while on any outing (like Sunday service)

BTW anybody that knows Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode or anybody that started 6 months maternity leave in Lagos State should Thank him/them for me wink The person head dey there. God bless him/her/them

(1) (2) (3) ... (1545) (1546) (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.