Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:54 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4359499 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:05am On Feb 24, 2018
Pls don't give orange to a 1 month old biko
U can take the orange urself n ur LO will suck it from u via breastmilk .
Eat more veggies and stay away from foods that can likely get u constipated.
Increase ur water intake too.

Lastly, u ll have t wait it out for now till he/she is ready t poop.
Ur baby may not be constipated, it's just her/his style. My baby pooped once in 6 days when she was younger.

Foreverjoy00
Kelizosuy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:06am On Feb 24, 2018
Giddyperson
How far wt giddybaby?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 11:08am On Feb 24, 2018
I think mine was the glue type also because stitches weren't removed

You can use a small towel to cover the site before you tie the nylon around it. That's what I did

Cc Bloomingbud
enque:

See eh,
I think it depends on the kind of incision closure that was used for ur CS.
Mine was the 'glue' type, so I didn't have any stitching....they just took out the plaster 2 days after the surgery and the DR said I'm gud to go. I cld have my bath freely but just ensure that I cleaned the incision scar daily wt water+savlon (not spirit).

I think u shld have asked at the hospital as per first time mum tins, but either ways... U can tie any non-absorbent material like nylon over the incision site and have ur bath. This shld prevent water from getting to the scar.
U have to do this carefully tho.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 11:10am On Feb 24, 2018
That's why I said I'm not sure about the orange though.
enque:
Pls don't give orange to a 1 month old biko
U can take the orange urself n ur LO will suck it from u via breastmilk .
Eat more veggies and stay away from foods that can likely get u constipated.
Increase ur water intake too.

Lastly, u ll have t wait it out for now till he/she is ready t poop.
Ur baby may not be constipated, it's just her/his style. My baby pooped once in 6 days when she was younger.

Foreverjoy00
Kelizosuy

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:12am On Feb 24, 2018
kelizosuy:
Good morning mamas how is u peoples grin grin grin grin grin

I have natural carrot oil for sale. It's 100% natural and no added substances.. It keeps your skin fresh and your hair healthy grin grin also very good for baby's skin.
Very cheap and can be delivered nation wide.

Oya enque come and buy to keep your oyibo skin more oyiboish grin hunisuz....zie biko come and buy for OSI the prince
Giddype...rson how's giddybaby now? Flora....EC our bff oya comman buy
Liftedh....ands aka mama E that refused to submit assignment oya comman buy so I can forgive you
Jazzyj...azz we need to keep Ilan's hair healthy oh so you need it also tongue tongue
Capo pwee...tiebabe and teamies Ni...mi22, beye....dew,ma....hoti oya u people should comman buy grin grin

Iya Ibeta aka mama Moyo I will do personal delivery for you

Cc all mamas

You can pm me for more details

E dey bleach?
I want to go 75 shades lighter cheesy cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 11:14am On Feb 24, 2018
Even 100 shades lighter sef grin grin
enque:

E dey bleach?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 24, 2018
enque:

E dey bleach?
I dey ur back cool
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Angel2424: 11:50am On Feb 24, 2018
Orente21:
Sorry mama. Make sure ur baby latch on d nipples well.try to put breastmilk on d nipples nd let fresh air blow on it.its work well for me.its ll go down
Thank you. Another challenge I have is that my milk is not flowing so well..so she has to suck hard and for a long time. She can suck for a hour plus and it feels like she has not even sucked anything cause as soon as I take it out, she starts crying for me to put it back. Baby is alrdy 7 days old and I was hoping I will have a steady breastmilk supply by now cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 11:56am On Feb 24, 2018
Sorry dear

I had sore tips when my princess was around that age too. Make sure she latches on the tip properly. Let her mouth be at the dark part of the tips. Kpele

About the breast flow... You can take pap really hot pap,tea and hot water.

Some people swear by palm wine but I don't know about that.
Angel2424:

Thank you. Another challenge I have is that my milk is not flowing so well..so she has to suck hard and for a long time. She can suck for a hour plus and it feels like she has not even sucked anything cause as soon as I take it out, she starts crying for me to put it back. Baby is alrdy 7 days old and I was hoping I will have a steady breastmilk supply by now cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 12:04pm On Feb 24, 2018
farydah:
sorry ab9ut the mumps. my son had the same thing and were told to use this clay/sand wasp house(usually found at ceiling or wall edges). you make a paste out of the clay and rub at the affected site and the kid should be fine within an hour

Thanks ma'am
I'll let her know

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 12:25pm On Feb 24, 2018
Angel2424:

you can try fenugreek seed/capsule and stop worrying yourself because that can also affect milk supply, you can also supplement with formula instead of baby starving.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2018
enque:
Giddyperson
How far wt giddybaby?
Shes still there, we are about leaving for the hospital. Thanks for asking.

@Jazzyjazz, I do take a day or two when she's sick but I usually like her to stay home for like a week and get better
@Hunniesuzzie, I so wish my mum was here, she'd be going on holiday sef
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by folamee: 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2018
mothers pls am trying to prepare for my baby's one year birthday,pls were do u think i can get survenier to share at her her creche, also were can i get or make dis board for her photoshoot,and much does it cost.

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2018
mamas pls help o, my baby pointy finger Is got swollen and reddish at the tip since yesterday evening and it seems painful, i used warm water on it and gave her paracetamol for the pain, till now it's still swollen, pls what can i use to relieve her? pls dont pass me by o, cos i'm worried sick here. she will be 3 weeks by monday.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by foreverjoy00: 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2018
kelizosuy:
Welcome dear

Is she on ebf? If she is then no problem but if she's not then you can give enough water. I hear orange is good for constipation but I don't know how safe it is for a child less than one month.

Other sabi mamas will chuk mouth

Thanks she is on ebf
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LittleAngelT(f): 1:23pm On Feb 24, 2018
Up for grabs;

1. Swinging Baby Cot N15,000

2. Graco Baby Car Seat N13,000

3. Chicco Baby Car Seat N13,000

4. Baby Carrier N8,000

5. Grow and Go 3-in-1 Baby Walker N15,000

6. Massage Belt (New) N15,000

7. Baby Cot

Prices are slightly negotiable

WhatsApp: 08077299229

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Orente21(f): 1:31pm On Feb 24, 2018
Angel2424:

try to express in a bottle to see Aw much u produce.inorder words,try to drink hot tea,hot watery pap nd amala. I even take palm wine.all dis help my production.with time,it ll cum up well Bt if ur baby seems unsatisfied,maybe u give her formular till ur production had increase
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by holutosin(f): 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2018
JGracious:

I learnt that the free center is only in Somolu for now cos it's a pilot scheme and also sponsored by an organisation.

cost implication for Rotavirus generally is between 7k-9k.

Mamas in ikeja/ogba environs will confirm hospitals.
I took Rota at Eva Adelaja health center bariga tho I don't know if bariga and somolu is the same place.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2018
folamee:
mothers pls am trying to prepare for my baby's one year birthday,pls were do u think i can get survenier to share at her her creche, also were can i get or make dis board for her photoshoot,and much does it cost.

If u are based in lagos u can get at balogun market. Then for this I think u should do a statistics pillow instead of the board u can put the pillow in ur living room but the board u can't use it for anything after the photoshoot I did a pillow with my baby's pics on it and it cost 15k delivery inclusive cos I leave outside lagos. U can check ainademetier on instagram for sample.

2 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LittleAngelT(f): 1:35pm On Feb 24, 2018
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2018
Bloomingbud:

Thank you so much, I hope bathing won't delay the healing process cos I still feel pains on the site.

Most times, water on that site can delay healing. If you are going to bath I will advise you put a quantity of Vaseline on it before bathing, this will repel water from the site, then clean off with cotton wool after then you can do your cleaning with spirit. I did this when I started bathing after 1 month postpartum but the edges of the incision site didn't heal. I got a desirable result fast.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 2:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
Are you attending the world book day event in Lagos? It's the largest gathering of children, book enthusiasts, authors, librarians, young African leaders, head of schools, information centre, publishing houses and sponsor organisations. All participating children will get a copy of the world's largest lesson comic book which addresses the 17 sustainable development goals. If you have not confirmed your attendance or you need an official invitation, please call 08023197033. Thursday 1st March 2018 by 9am-1pm at the African model College auditorium Ifako, Ogba. We still have a few more slots for stage presentations by children (dance, music, drama, books review, poetry) Call 08023197033

If you can't but need kids books and educational items call kidco 09032730510, 08052130879
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pinkvirus: 2:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
Good day mummies.pls wen is d right time to put a baby in a walker. And wen to start teaching a baby how to sit down.pls d months pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 2:42pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hello mamas

Hang boot mamas, I dey greet una o. Hope you are dusting cobwebs from time to time grin (pls don't mind me)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 2:59pm On Feb 24, 2018
enque:

E dey bleach?

Who u wan bleach 4 old mama youngie. Mk I go report u give ur oga say u wan turn to slay mama bomboy...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 3:01pm On Feb 24, 2018
LadyPrecy:
I dey ur back cool

Looking @ all of yew wth my side eyes...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 3:05pm On Feb 24, 2018
foreverjoy00:

Thanks she is on ebf

No need to worry. It's a normal tin 4 EBF. I could remember wen I had my first child n she didn't poop 4 days, gosh, I was sooo worried. Buh wth my baby nw, Na look we dey look ourselves. It's well...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by opella(f): 3:06pm On Feb 24, 2018
zaynie:

Depends on how serious it is.
But I try to catch it really early.
Try giving the palmoik and sugar combo.
Rub chest, back, sides, soles with mentholatum and wear socks always.
The coldrain came with a vengeance
Thanks ma'am. I've been rubbing her chest, sides, back and soles with metholatum but it just seems as if it doesn't have any effect on her. I will give her the palm oil and sugar this evening.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
Abeg all mamas, my own rant abi request is wat can I give my son to sleep for hoursssss so dt I can sleep, go to the salon even cinema to watch black panther, eat n then baff. Thk u n will be awaiting responses... undecided wink grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:24pm On Feb 24, 2018
sassyangel1:

Who u wan bleach 4 old mama youngie. Mk I go report u give ur oga say u wan turn to slay mama bomboy...

Lol
Person wey bleach 75 shades lighter don bright pass him future Na... cheesy
Dt one Na transparent u go be grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:25pm On Feb 24, 2018
sassyangel1:
Abeg all mamas, my own rant abi request is wat can I give my son to sleep for hoursssss so dt I can sleep, go to the salon even cinema to watch black panther, eat n then baff. Thk u n will be awaiting responses... undecided wink grin

OYO lo wa
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:26pm On Feb 24, 2018
Mamas if u r interested in this baby masher for ur baby food, pls Holla me.
My neighbour has some for sale

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.