Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,276 members, 7,780,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:03 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4359434 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 3:40pm On Mar 24, 2015
cancerlib:
Besides huggies n pampers, which other good diaper do you know?
Asda's little angels

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by clinik: 3:56pm On Mar 24, 2015
cancerlib:
Besides huggies n pampers, which other good diaper do you know?

Prince and princess is very good...Dats wat I use for my baby and its kul...!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2015
vickilafab:
well kid is very good. for fever, tepid sponge (wet towel) the whole body.
thanks vickilafab nd loviam
I ran to d hospital Dis afternoon when his temp increased again oo. nd was told dat he had throat infection nd it was making him drool.
They had to give him injection to reduce his temp cos it was sooo high.I thank God His much better now.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 7:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
beedam:
Sayoberry I sight you.

Please,my own baby no dey poo after every feed o. He does that just once a day and at most twice. I hope this is normal everyone? He is 7weeks old.
My oppressor... How far grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GenoMI: 9:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hi @NoQualms1, I use the Nasopure Baby Comfy Nose and it's really good, here is their website https://www.babycomfycare.com/product/baby-comfy-nose-nasal-aspirator/

I got it from HealthPlus, about 4k something, can't remember the exact price. I also used a humidifier which also seemed to help.

Congrats @sayoberry cheesy cheesy

NoQualms1:
@cancerlib, it's normal. they poop a lot at that age. Don't worry, you will still be the one to complain that baby has not pooped for days later.

@ hajarahbadmus, I use avent Phillips manual pump. Got it for N8,500.

@new mums, congrats. I know Sayoberry from pregnancy thread. I'm so glad to know you've delivered. Welcome to the vigilante club.

Mamas, where can I get mucus extractor in Lagos? My baby has been battling with catarrh for more than a month, the medicine doc gave us didn't work.

Also, how will one know a baby that will become Dada (have natural dreadlocks)? Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 10:36pm On Mar 24, 2015
GenoMI:
Hi @NoQualms1, I use the Nasopure Baby Comfy Nose and it's really good, here is their website https://www.babycomfycare.com/product/baby-comfy-nose-nasal-aspirator/

I got it from HealthPlus, about 4k something, can't remember the exact price. I also used a humidifier which also seemed to help.

Congrats @sayoberry cheesy cheesy

Thanks. I will check it out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oluqueen: 11:12pm On Mar 24, 2015
Nita2013:
Pls dear don't give them anything other than breastmilk and formula at 3months. U can wean them at 17weeks but b4 then u can usee NAN 1 milk to supplement. Pele God is ur strength

Tnx dear.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oluqueen: 11:16pm On Mar 24, 2015
rezzy:

My Baby, dry love, prince and Princess. They are good. I use my baby. Its 2400 for wholesale price, a pack of 100.

Pampers is also good. I don't know how much

Tnx. Have heard about the prince and princess, will give it a try.

What causes rash on baby's buttocks?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 6:49am On Mar 25, 2015
It depends on some factors.
1. D baby may be reacting to d diaper
2. It's possible u don't change d diaper on time thus d skin reacting to d urine or even poop.
Get sudocrem. It works like magic.

Oluqueen:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 11:05am On Mar 25, 2015
beedam:

That's the way it has been from birth o
then he's perfectly fine. that's his body system
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by vickilafab(f): 11:09am On Mar 25, 2015
ijeoma2728:

thanks vickilafab nd loviam
I ran to d hospital Dis afternoon when his temp increased again oo. nd was told dat he had throat infection nd it was making him drool.
They had to give him injection to reduce his temp cos it was sooo high.I thank God His much better now.
OMG! what was his temp? thank God he's fine. pls wash his hands frequently and keep his environment clean.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 11:20am On Mar 25, 2015
Oluqueen:

I think it's heat. Not sure though
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 11:21am On Mar 25, 2015
vickilafab:
then he's perfectly fine. that's his body system

Thanks dearie.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 11:28am On Mar 25, 2015
cancerlib:

TX for the replies. Are there foods I should avoid eating? MIL said not to drink milo n milk, nt to eat okro, veg oil, orange etc.

I didn't drink milo and milk, yet my baby poo like hmmmmmmmmmm...
He just stopped his frequent poo early this month. Some days to 4 months old.

You won't produce enough breastmilk and you might even look lean.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 11:57am On Mar 25, 2015
rezzy:

I didn't drink milo and milk, yet my baby poo like hmmmmmmmmmm...
He just stopped his frequent poo early this month. Some days to 4 months old.

You won't produce enough breastmilk and you might even look lean.
Please I take milo milk everyday. Infact 3 times a day. Will ot affect my baby?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 12:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
mytestimony:

Stop taking milo and milk and watch ur baby's gassiness..my baby often had gas in his tummy whch caused him pains. I tot he was hyper active not knowing he was in pains. I also observed that anytime idnt take milk he was ok.buh once I take it and he sucks, he gets stomach discomfort. I resulted to google and I foundout that cowmilk goes to the breast milk diecctly without the body breaking it down and its too strong for the baby's digestive system hence the gassiness and discomfort.
My sister I had to stop milo and milk. Then I take lots of friuts. My baby poops once a week and ths started snc he was 2 weeksold.
Watch what u eat and observe ur baby. Ur baby will tell u a lot and u will know how to act.
My hubby also bought bonnisan syrup home for him. I use it oncein a while. It makes him extra eat and sleep well after a very hot shower.
Just study ur baby and u will know what she can tolerate and can't. Mother in laws can only tell from past experience. Buhu are d one withur baby and u can tell better..
May God reward our efforts

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 12:21pm On Mar 25, 2015
mytestimony:

Also burp ur baby well and put her to sleep on her tummy. Make sure her head is firm on the bed. Trust me u would be more than grateful cos she will sleep well. Then if she makes any sound or wants to cry turn her to her back. She isprobably tired of sleepingon hertummy. Watchher for some time. She might sleep backornot. Then u will know what to do. Sleeping on d tummy also helps reduce gassiness. Evenif urbaby doesn't burp ucan still put heer on her tummy. She will burp while slepping.nva put urbaby on her back if she hasn't burped.
I am a first timemom but my baby has taught me a lot and I am still learning. My mother in law even calls me to tell her what he wants once he starts acting up.
Ask for all d advice u want buh ur baby decides how u implement them.
Pardon my errors. Rocking baby as I am typing

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
hajarahbadmus:

Also burp ur baby well and put her to sleep on her tummy. Make sure her head is firm on the bed. Trust me u would be more than grateful cos she will sleep well. Then if she makes any sound or wants to cry turn her to her back. She isprobably tired of sleepingon hertummy. Watchher for some time. She might sleep backornot. Then u will know what to do. Sleeping on d tummy also helps reduce gassiness. Evenif urbaby doesn't burp ucan still put heer on her tummy. She will burp while slepping.nva put urbaby on her back if she hasn't burped.
I am a first timemom but my baby has taught me a lot and I am still learning. My mother in law even calls me to tell her what he wants once he starts acting up.
Ask for all d advice u want buh ur baby decides how u implement them.
Pardon my errors. Rocking baby as I am typing

My baby sleeps well when lying on her tommy though I turn her whenever she's like that for a long time...

Sent u a pm,pls reply
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 25, 2015
Pls mothers,am a ftm...my baby has this dandruff like stuff on her head...could it be dandruff or the scalp??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 2:11pm On Mar 25, 2015
[quote author=Hernyolar post=31988094]

My baby sleeps well when lying on her tommy though I turn her whenever she's like that for a long time...

Sent u a pm,pls reply[/quote
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 2:15pm On Mar 25, 2015
vickilafab:
OMG! what was his temp? thank God he's fine. pls wash his hands frequently and keep his environment clean.

thanks His temp was 39
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 2:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
Hernyolar:
Pls mothers,am a ftm...my baby has this dandruff like stuff on her head...could it be dandruff or the scalp??

It's called cradle cap and will go on its own. You can use olive oil for his hair also.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 25, 2015
Kimoni:

It's called cradle cap and will go on its own. You can use olive oil for his hair also.

Thank you...is Goya oil the same as olive oil?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 3:45pm On Mar 25, 2015
Hernyolar:

Thank you...is Goya oil the same as olive oil?

Yes, there is Goya olive oil and very popular in the market.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2015
My baby and I had cough early this month. We took neofylin, it worked for me but didn't work for him. So I bought cofflin for him, it s still not working. He doesn't cough often but sometimes, when he breaths, it sounds as if catarrh is in his throat or abi lungs don't know which. Abeg, what could that be?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 4:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
mytestimony:

I was advised here not to take milo and milk because of colic, I did, and I found out the tummy pain reduced. If she is having stomach pains, then you need to stop taking milo and milk or any dairy products.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2015
rezzy:
My baby and I had cough early this month. We took neofylin, it worked for me but didn't work for him. So I bought cofflin for him, it s still not working. He doesn't cough often but sometimes, when he breaths, it sounds as if catarrh is in his throat or abi lungs don't know which. Abeg, what could that be?

Pls be sure that the cough mixture you are using is safe for breastfeeding mothers, most are not.

I had cough too early this month but surprisingly, my doctor didn't give me any cough medicine to use and when i expressed my fears of passing it on to my baby, he said it will only build his immunity level. Truly, he got the cough from me but it went on its own after about a week.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 4:13pm On Mar 25, 2015
Kimoni:

Pls be sure that the cough mixture you are using is safe for breastfeeding mothers, most are not.

I had cough too early this month but surprisingly, my doctor didn't give me any cough medicine to use and when i expressed my fears of passing it on to my baby, he said it will only build his immunity level. Truly, he got the cough from me but it went on its own after about a week.

I have stopped taking it cos I no longer cough but he still coughs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 4:21pm On Mar 25, 2015
rezzy:

I have stopped taking it cos I no longer cough but he still coughs

Maybe you should let him be for a while but if it persist or get worse, then you will need to see your doctor.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oluqueen: 4:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
Nita2013:
It depends on some factors.
1. D baby may be reacting to d diaper
2. It's possible u don't change d diaper on time thus d skin reacting to d urine or even poop.
Get sudocrem. It works like magic.

Will look for it and buy.
Tnx Sooo much. I have one other funny wahala o, please I unknowingly got used to breastfeeding with my right Breast and now the size of that one is times 2 or 3 the left Breast. It's even obvious when I put on clothes.

I have tried feeding my baby with the left one but it seems milk doesn't come out. How do I get both Breast equal again.

I go soon resume work, can't imagine going with two unequal sized Breast o.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2015
Oluqueen:

Will look for it and buy.
Tnx Sooo much. I have one other funny wahala o, please I unknowingly got used to breastfeeding with my right Breast and now the size of that one is times 2 or 3 the left Breast. It's even obvious when I put on clothes.

I have tried feeding my baby with the left one but it seems milk doesn't come out. How do I get both Breast equal again.

I go soon resume work, can't imagine going with two unequal sized Breast o.

grin things dat accompanies motherhood, I think u should express dat one often
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by esteria(f): 5:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
Pls my sabi mummies, how do I clear this? I read on this thread where smbody said to drop silverbird on d crown of a baby to solve catarrh, which I did nd it resulted to d pix below. I've bin using ori but not seen any improvement.
Pls I'm worried.

Tnx, God bless u all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.