Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391067 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 11:05am On Apr 27, 2015
Plz is there any imunisation @ 6months and wats d name. After penta 3 sm weeks back,we were askd to cm bk at 9months. Bt a frnd is telin me that there is imunisatn at 6months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 11:17am On Apr 27, 2015
Gr8fulHeart:
Plz is there any imunisation @ 6months and wats d name. After penta 3 sm weeks back,we were askd to cm bk at 9months. Bt a frnd is telin me that there is imunisatn at 6months.
vit A and deworming s usu given at 6months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 11:22am On Apr 27, 2015
joyousf:
Hello mamas, how are your little ones.

Took my baby for ten weeks immunisation on wed. he took penta 2 on his thigh.I noticed the spot is very hard and darker than the surrounding skin. I didn't rub it after he was given though hr bled a little and it was cleaned.
pls what do I do? I have gotten different advices. some say just apply ori, another a cold compress and massage others that I should do nothing.

what I have done so far is apply towel soaked in cold water and then light massage with ori or mentholatum. am I doing it right? pls I need advice esp from mamas that have experienced this with this penta.
Do nothing, stop d massage, and cold compress. It ll go down.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 11:27am On Apr 27, 2015
sayoberry:
So this morning I found put that my boy.. And maybe girl is constipated. DS pop was so hard I could not believe it came out from a 7 weeks old baby and DD has not pooed in 5days.
Plsd what do I do to make her poop and make ogas poo soft.

is your son taking formular or its ebf. if u are breastfeeding try eating lots of veggies n fruits. it helps and has impact on baby poo. constipation is common wit babies fed with formula. if u are using formula increase the water content n also give them plenty water to drink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 11:29am On Apr 27, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Do nothing, stop d massage, and cold compress. It ll go down.
OK. thanks. pls how long does it averagely take. doesn't seem to b reducing to me after almost a week
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 11:35am On Apr 27, 2015
joyousf:

OK. thanks. pls how long does it averagely take. doesn't seem to b reducing to me after almost a week
up to 2-3wks. Just try to remove ur mind frm it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 11:35am On Apr 27, 2015
Nita2013:
Pls do not massage it no matter how lightly. It will become soft on its own. When my son took d penta, same thing happened but I just left it like that and everything was ok. I kno some pple apply ori but even if just apply it annd there should be no form of massage. Pele he ll be fine

thanks o. I will stop. its killing to do nothing n just dey look . Lol.guess I just want to b sure I am handling it well if I was supposed to do smt. how long does it averagely take to go down?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by confun: 11:37am On Apr 27, 2015
sayoberry:
So this morning I found put that my boy.. And maybe girl is constipated. DS pop was so hard I could not believe it came out from a 7 weeks old baby and DD has not pooed in 5days.
Plsd what do I do to make her poop and make ogas poo soft.
sorry madam, try taking plenty oranges, I once had same experience, I ended up taking so many oranges because I wanted d poo to be soft on time, at d end my baby's poo became so soft and watery, so I had to adjust d oranges I took, just take an average number of oranges ,don't take too much, d poo will soften.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 11:39am On Apr 27, 2015
tchiwinnie:
vit A and deworming s usu given at 6months.
plz cn i get dat done at private hospital cos govt hospital r on strike were i am. Tnks in advnce
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 11:42am On Apr 27, 2015
Gr8fulHeart:
plz cn i get dat done at private hospital cos govt hospital r on strike were i am. Tnks in advnce
I think u can get vit A at private hospital. Nt sure if they gv deworming routinely in private hospitals
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Juzzybabe(f): 11:50am On Apr 27, 2015
undecided
bossladyMo:

Abegiiii. What you described is normal. Don't medicate her. The frequency will reduce as she grows older. If it's mucusy, reduce your sugar. If it appears green, it means she is not getting enough of the hind milk, and getting just the foremilk....so let her stay longer on each breast, so she can get the richer hindmilk.

Those are the 2 common poo types that breastfed babies get.

Thanks Sis! I had to ask here cuz if I just take her to hospital,I know they will just collect money and give me paracetamol without telling me it's normal undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chelsea25: 12:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
desiree:

I started wearing mine 3 days postpartum and by the 5th week my tummy was almost flat. You have to be committed to wearing it day and night that was why I adviced to get something that is comfortable and won't give you a sore skin.
What's that I'm interested. My tummy is very big
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chelsea25: 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
Pls ooooooo,i wish to drift a bit.my baby is 3 months.i ve a big function to attend but i feel I'm too big after child birth.pls what can I do to loose 20kg be4 then....pls help me mums......
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chelsea25: 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
chelsea25:
Pls ooooooo,i wish to drift a bit.my baby is 3 months.i ve a big function to attend but i feel I'm too big after child birth.pls what can I do to loose 20kg be4 then....pls help me mums......
The function is in 2 weeks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 2:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
chelsea25:

The function is in 2 weeks.

20kg in 2 weeks is not only unrealistic, it is also unhealthy. go and buy a waist cincher for the event.

my advice will be to start a lifestyle change today working towards a longer term goal

exercise 4/5 times a week, if you cant go to a gym, buy work out DVDs on konga,or even a skipping rope and start there. cook your own meals and avoid eating out, eat a lot of beans, sweet potatoes with ugwu, unriple plantain with ugwu, boiled egg whites, salads, moin moin, wheat bread, etc

stay away from indomie, white rice, white bread and the likes

most importantly, remember it took you 9 months to put the weight on, you canot lose it in 2 weeks so give yourself time and trust the proces

this is what worked for me, i'v lost 10kg alone this year and as my daughter turns one year soon, i am happy and confident that i am already back to my pre pregnancy weight

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by customised87: 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
franky2013:
lollll, same happened to me o when i was using Similac, from 7500 to 10k, d diff was just too much, n i shiffed to Enfamil 8k which is still very ok

Pls is it the Similac Advance birth to 12 months u r referring to? Where do u buy it from pls? And whats the size of the Can u buy at that price? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 4:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
yes it is, Abuja it use to be 7500 at Sahaad Stores, but is now 10,000 658g
customised87:

Pls is it the Similac Advance birth to 12 months u r referring to? Where do u buy it from pls? And whats the size of the Can u buy at that price? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by customised87: 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2015
sayoberry:
So my enfanmil finished and I wanted to buy another one and saw 9k. My hand just jejely shifted to the Nan section. Meanwhile pls whose baby was cirxumsized with d ring method (plastibell) *don't mind spellings

Hi mamaTwins,pls wre in Ib did u see the enfamil? Was Similac dre too?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by customised87: 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
franky2013:
yes it is, Abuja it use to be 7500 at Sahaad Stores, but is now 10,000 658g

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cancerlib: 4:08pm On Apr 27, 2015
Pls mothers help. Am at my sis place now, her baby is 6wks old. She was feeding him in the kitchen when he accidentally hit his knee on a hot pot. She said she applied raw pap on it immediately. Now there's blister on the area and water is coming out of it, is there something she can do
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cancerlib: 4:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
chelsea25:

What's that I'm interested. My tummy is very big
She told me to get a waist cincher
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chelsea25: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
cancerlib:

She told me to get a waist cincher

Wish I could a better one....or do u stay in lag?any seller here?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chelsea25: 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
favoredgal:

20kg in 2 weeks is not only unrealistic, it is also unhealthy. go and buy a waist cincher for the event.

my advice will be to start a lifestyle change today working towards a longer term goal

exercise 4/5 times a week, if you cant go to a gym, buy work out DVDs on konga,or even a skipping rope and start there. cook your own meals and avoid eating out, eat a lot of beans, sweet potatoes with ugwu, unriple plantain with ugwu, boiled egg whites, salads, moin moin, wheat bread, etc

stay away from indomie, white rice, white bread and the likes

most importantly, remember it took you 9 months to put the weight on, you canot lose it in 2 weeks so give yourself time and trust the proces

this is what worked for me, i'v lost 10kg alone this year and as my daughter turns one year soon, i am happy and confident that i am already back to my pre pregnancy weight

Thanks dear,will follow ur process,trust it works for me.but is there any tea that can aid too.and hope it doesn't affect my baby BF
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 5:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
@rezzy and @FIN....thanks mums## I got frisolac gold 0-12 and Heinz rice.....

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 5:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
@rezzy and @FIN....thanks mums## I got frisolac gold 0-12 and Heinz rice.....

Pls Wats d best treatment for blister like rashes on my child's neck and leg folds
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 5:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
[quote author=Gr8fulHeart post=33156465]Plz is there any imunisation @ 6months and wats d name. After penta 3 sm weeks back,we were askd to cm bk at 9months. Bt a frnd is telin me that there is imunisatn at 6months.[/quote

I was also told to come back at 9months.....buh I heard dia shud be immunization at 6 months dou not sure......my baby is 4 months]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cancerlib: 5:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
chelsea25:

Wish I could a better one....or do u stay in lag?any seller here?
I plan on buying online, u cn check kaymu or konga
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cancerlib: 6:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
cancerlib:
Pls mothers help. Am at my sis place now, her baby is 6wks old. She was feeding him in the kitchen when he accidentally hit his knee on a hot pot. She said she applied raw pap on it immediately. Now there's blister on the area and water is coming out of it, is there something she can do
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 6:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
Oopps did I say 658g? So sorry is 964g not 658g.
customised87:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by customised87: 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
bossladyMo:

He he he! Yesooo. Many mothers make that mistake. In fact, I used to wash my son's hair 2x a day. By the time he was 4m, it was so dry...but luckily we cut it off at a year...as per baby boy.

Get a conditioner instead. I started conditioning my daughter's hair from 3weeks. And before then I only washed it with shampoo once ( apart from the hospital bathing by the nurses). Her hair is so deep curled and springy...over shrinkage dey worry am sef lol.

Does that mean i should only clean the hair with water daily or i shouldnt clean it at all?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by motajike: 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
Same thing happened to me when my son was about 3/4 months old. I noticed he wasn't getting that round pot belly after eating and i tried to pump but what i got from both breasts was what i wld get from one breast after pumping for 5mins so i was forced to buy formula sma gold to be specific then i worked on myself ..hot tea, amala, hot pap, etc. I gave him the milk for 3 meals and my milk flow returned to normal.
rezzy:
Pls mamas,

You know I have been complaining about my baby not eating well.
So yesterday traveled to my village, he didn't suck BM through out the journey. At night, he didn't suck. If I try to give him, he will start shouting and stretching.

Even this morning, he refused to collect. I was asked to pump it to his feeder, mehn, no milk came out in 1 breeast, I tried the other, just little quantity.
It's over 24 hours since he sucked last yet my breeast is not heavy and is not even paining.

Solution please. Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by customised87: 7:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
Hello mamas,y is it not good for a mother nursing a baby boy to eat okro? Or is it just a myth?

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.