Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4390287 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 10:34am On Jul 05, 2015
RashMe:

Dont be surprised oo wink

Dont be surprised oo

Put toothpaste on an open wound u av den u ll know its peprish, talk less of days old baby. Pls mamas get original spirit n clean every 2-3 hrs, d cord ll drop off with time.my DS cord dropped off @ 28 days cos I guess d spirit I was using was not 1 strong, but d whole navel was already healed 4rm inside out so dint need 2 press. Please let's not b desperate n use tins dat can infect navel.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 10:40am On Jul 05, 2015
igb400:
Happy sunday to all the mama's in the house, pls my girl is 6 months and very slim. I give her cerelac, aptamil and henz friut n milk. Am thinking of introducing solid like beans, noddles, fish soon. But pls is there any food or milk I can give her to make her cubby? Also she poos after every meal, is dis ok for a 6months old. Am tired of people asking me y she is light weighted.

Every body wants a chubby baby, bt all babies r not same. As long as she is getn 2 her milestone wen she is spose 2 n not thin, den no probs. Pple ll always talk. My 8mths old DD looks slim, weneva pple comment dat she is slim, I tell dem can't u c I'm slim, same wit her dad, who u con want make she resemble with big body. Its not as if dey ll carry d big baby 4 u o, na ur hand go still hear am. So as long as ur baby is healthy, 4gt wat pple says.

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 11:40am On Jul 05, 2015
MiracleMum:

People that travel to America to deliver don't come back with a baby by road. Please read her question again before advising.

Air is even worse because of the pressure of the cabin. So what's wrong with road travel? Pls enlighten me

P.s the America analogy was with respect to long distance which I assume her concerns was really about

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
igb400:
Happy sunday to all the mama's in the house, pls my girl is 6 months and very slim. I give her cerelac, aptamil and henz friut n milk. Am thinking of introducing solid like beans, noddles, fish soon. But pls is there any food or milk I can give her to make her cubby? Also she poos after every meal, is dis ok for a 6months old. Am tired of people asking me y she is light weighted.
Its not normal, talk to ur doc about it pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TopeMel(f): 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2015
Pls mothers.... what can i give my baby to make him have a soft poo? He is a month plus old, feeds more on formula, his poo is always hard and most times doesn't poo unless we put warm water in his anus..... was told to give seven seas cod liver oil.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chyvy(f): 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
igb400:

Same situation here. My LO who just turned 6 months looked quite slim, so I introduced other foods. But I found out she reacted to cerelac/aptamil/nan, and so I stopped. I only give her Ogi for now, and so far I have noticed improvements. Scared of boosting d Ogi with crayfish/soybeans/nuts cos of her allergy issues. BTW, she eats adult foods including fruits/vegetables wit no problem. U can try the ogi with other foods. Tho I plan on seeing her paediatrician tomoro.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chyvy(f): 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
frantoy:
Gud day mamas in the house
Thank God for our LO growth and development. may God keep n protect dem for us.
Pls my baby hair is eaten up at d back and d hair in front and middle is so thick and he always cry whenever i comb it.
he is going to 7months and i use johnson head to toe soap for bathing him.

MOTHERS pls respond
Thank uuuuu

Pls stop using that Johnson head to toe for ur baby's hair. That's what iritated my LO's hair. Instead, get a good baby shampoo like Sebamed baby shampoo and wash only once in two weeks at least. Pele

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
favoredgal:

Air is even worse because of the pressure of the cabin. So what's wrong with road travel? Pls enlighten me

P.s the America analogy was with respect to long distance which I assume her concerns was really about

@favoredgal, long distance road travel isn't ADVISABLE for a 6weeks old baby. The potholes, road bumps, sudden brake applications, no restroom, dust et al, doesn't make it advisable. Likewise, travelling by air with a baby younger than 6weeks isn't advisable: change in the air pressure u rightly mentioned can cause damage to the inner ear/ear drums.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chyvy(f): 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
ladyverere:
black soap is sold by d yoruba herb sellers

I guess its same as dudu osun? That's what I now use for my LO. I'ts downside is that it dries the skin, so u must use a good moisturizer like shea butter/coconut oil/palm kernel oil after every bath. But on the good side, it's less irritating on the skin.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chyvy(f): 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
chelsea25:
Have really missed a lot.... Mothers pls respond..
My baby is 5 months but she is very slim nd doesn't eat well.she stopped breastfeeding on her own @ 4 months.i ve been giving abidec to no avail,what should I do.she takes cow nd gate rice,aptamil nd pap. Pls suggest food for me to give her.i even tried golden morn this morning which she took few spoons nd stopped.how good is seven seas?

My dear, it is too early to start giving golden morn (not for children below 3 yrs). Have u tried adult foods? Rice, plantain, sweet potatoes, fufu, amala, egg yolk, liver, beef, fish, chicken, boil them very soft and mash. Start with little quantity. And is ur baby slim or thin? Also, continue wit the pap and yes, u can give a good quality cod liver oil.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chyvy(f): 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2015
Chinyeaka85:
Sweetest Mamas pls, can change of food for a baby cause skin rashes or cough? My LO was feeding on Lactogen 2 and Friso gold rice based cereal, we travelled this week and the friso got finished. I searched all the shops around but no friso, so I bought cerelac rice and maize after feeding my lo that night and the next day I noticed serious rashes all over his body with severe cough and difficulty in breathing. Pls do u think the change is the cause? And what other good and nutritious cereals and baby food can I buy for my prince. We just started eating 3 weeks ago after EB. Thank u

I guess that was an allergic reaction! shocked Please google CMPA. That was what happened with my LO when I introduced cerelac/nan/aptamil to her. Pleas stop d cerelac at once, and u can go see a paediatrician to recommend for ur baby. And please when introducing a new food, do so earlier in the day, so u can give urself ample time to watch out for any allergic reaction before night time.
U can go back to the Friso if ur baby doesn't react to it, tho its not necessary to give baby cereals. Why not try pap or adult foods? Pele. It is well dear.

P.S. Please, if I were u, I would see a Doc, not meant to scare u, but allergic reactions aren't something to be joked with, especially with the difficulty in breathing.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
Chyvy:

I guess its same as dudu osun? That's what I now use for my LO. I'ts downside is that it dries the skin, so u must use a good moisturizer like shea butter/coconut oil/palm kernel oil after every bath. But on the good side, it's less irritating on the skin.

Wrong, dudu osun is not the same as natural black soap ooo. Dudu is processed garbage that contains lemon can sting and irritate the hell out of adult skin not to talk an infant's skin. On the contrary, natural black soap is not drying at all. I have white friends that i help to buy to treat their children's severe eczema and they use it with their regular lotion.

I used dudu before and when it got in my hoo haa by mistake....the sting no be here o.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forlahkhe: 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2015
Pls ao do we mash d foods after cooking. Is it wt mortar n pestle or blender? Is it compulsory to peel d beans b4 cooking for a 7months old baby....FTM
Chyvy:

My dear, it is too early to start giving golden morn (not for children below 3 yrs). Have u tried adult foods? Rice, plantain, sweet potatoes, fufu, amala, egg yolk, liver, beef, fish, chicken, boil them very soft and mash. Start with little quantity. And is ur baby slim or thin? Also, continue wit the pap and yes, u can give a good quality cod liver oil.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
Pls mamas that live in Lagos, has anyone come across Gerber Good Start formula in any store?. I'm asking on behalf of my friend that would be relocating from the states in September. She is planning to bring in some but it would be nice if she can buy from stores when she runs out. Thanks in advance.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chyvy(f): 4:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
dunnybaby26:

Seba med soap is 1k here(abj)dnt knw of d diaper cream as ori nd kafura works best 4 my children nd its natural.yes their is dry love in carton its every wher here bt neva usd it.av u tried backin him till he falls asleep then lie down beside him while u lay him down till he sleeps deeply?try it.all d best
Pls what is Kafura?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chyvy(f): 4:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
desiree:
Pls mamas that live in Lagos, has anyone come across Gerber Good Start formula in any store?. I'm asking on behalf of my friend that would be relocation from the states in September. She is planning to bring in some but it would be nice if she can buy from stores when she runs out. Thanks in advance.
I haven't seen this one ooo. But it'll be nice to knw how good it'll be
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2015
Chyvy:

I haven't seen this one ooo. But it'll be nice to how good it'll be

Thanks mama. We only found Gerber cereal and other products online.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chyvy(f): 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
forlahkhe:
Pls ao do we mash d foods after cooking. Is it wt mortar n pestle or blender? Is it compulsory to peel d beans b4 cooking for a 7months old baby....FTM

First boil till its very soft. I prefer using spoon to mash so its not too smooth since my baby doesn't like them too smooth. But. U can use a hand blender, or food processor and puree to the consistency ur baby prefers. U can also add breastmilk/formula/water(boiled) to make it lighter. Yes, u should peel the beans as d peel contain a lot of anti-nutrients that can irritate their young bowel
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chelsea25: 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
Chyvy:

Thanks dear...I will start Adult food.my baby is slim..thanks a lot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chyvy(f): 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
desiree:

Wrong, dudu osun is not the same as natural black soap ooo. Dudu is processed garbage that contains lemon can sting and irritate the hell out of adult skin not to talk an infant's skin. On the contrary, natural black soap is not drying at all. I have white friends that i help to buy to treat their children's severe eczema and they use it with their regular lotion.

I used dudu before and when it got in my hoo haa by mistake....the sting no be here o.

Pls where can I get the black soap? Or maybe I'm the one making a mistake here undecided . A yoruba woman that sells herbs gave me the soap after complaining to her when my baby had ela. Its a bit brownish with a pap consistency. Its not irritating the way u've described it as I've bn using it on my LO. I've always assumed what she gave me was dudu osun undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
desiree:
Pls mamas that live in Lagos, has anyone come across Gerber Good Start formula in any store?. I'm asking on behalf of my friend that would be relocating from the states in September. She is planning to bring in some but it would be nice if she can buy from stores when she runs out. Thanks in advance.
ebeano lekki, ajah

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnasino(m): 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
good evening moms, I wish you all safe deliveries. please help me with these questions on my thread
www.nairaland.com/2426555/questions-mothers-expectant-mothers-midwives

thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 6:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
mimibe:
ebeano lekki, ajah

Thanks....I will tell her to check there.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
Chyvy:

Pls where can I get the black soap? Or maybe I'm the one making a mistake here undecided . A yoruba woman that sells herbs gave me the soap after complaining to her when my baby had ela. Its a bit brownish with a pap consistency. Its not irritating the way u've described it as I've bn using it on my LO. I've always assumed what she gave me was dudu osun undecided

You can get it from the local abidjanaise people in any big market. They can add pure honey and campwood(osun) if you want. The real black soap should look like this...

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
Do you still breastfeed him? If no then u have to give him water. If yes then increase ur water and fruit intake.
TopeMel:
Pls mothers.... what can i give my baby to make him have a soft poo? He is a month plus old, feeds more on formula, his poo is always hard and most times doesn't poo unless we put warm water in his anus..... was told to give seven seas cod liver oil.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
Chyvy:

Then you got the normal black soap Desiree is talking about. Dudu osun is a refined packaged black soap
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ElizabethJason: 7:32pm On Jul 05, 2015
desiree:

Yes you can get in lagos, I've seen it in a store on akerele str surulere. its also on konga.com. It goes for 8k.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
mrs2u:
Mamas, pls help a worried mum who is facing emotional issues @ home n need to go far a bit 4 my LO's sake. Is it safe to travel by road from naija to Ghana with my 6weeks old baby? I can't go by air cos I don't have passport, am not ready 2 wait and do one cos I was told it will take a week or so, n I plan 2 return july ending so I can't wait 4 p/port. Pls advice. God bless u all
My dear i think u can embark on d journey. Lagos to ghana isnt dat far even by road. So yes, since it s expedient u travel, i m of d opinion dat u can. All d best!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 8:44pm On Jul 05, 2015
desiree:

please does this black soap help with eczema n all these fungal infections. the last time I took my baby to see the paed she said the spots on his body was a fungal infection n gave me a clotrimazole cream. I actually believed it was the scars left by the alefo he had cos it was really much all over his chests when he was younger n someone told me it will take a while for the scars to go.

unfortunately his skin reacted to the clotrimazole cream so I rather apply abf cream which he tolerates better n also contains same percent of clotrimazole.

sincerely I don't know if the spots are getting better or not. on some days I think they are on others I don't think so.

I've been rubbing the cream now for almost three weeks. if its really fungal infection the thing should be obviously lesser. the more I think they are aleefo scars.

pls mamas that their babies had aleefo: how long does it averagely take for the scars to disappear n d skin color tone out?

I am seriously considering looking for another paed this is the second time her prescription didn't really help n the first time it even made things worse.Na for this thread I got suggestions that helped. maybe it doesn't mean she isn't competent sha. I just don't really look forward to our appointments n many times I go much later cos of my previous experience.

sorry for my long story...pls answer my question. thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
desiree:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 10:10pm On Jul 05, 2015
joyousf:

please does this black soap help with eczema n all these fungal infections. the last time I took my baby to see the paed she said the spots on his body was a fungal infection n gave me a clotrimazole cream. I actually believed it was the scars left by the alefo he had cos it was really much all over his chests when he was younger n someone told me it will take a while for the scars to go.

unfortunately his skin reacted to the clotrimazole cream so I rather apply abf cream which he tolerates better n also contains same percent of clotrimazole.

sincerely I don't know if the spots are getting better or not. on some days I think they are on others I don't think so.

I've been rubbing the cream now for almost three weeks. if its really fungal infection the thing should be obviously lesser. the more I think they are aleefo scars.

pls mamas that their babies had aleefo: how long does it averagely take for the scars to disappear n d skin color tone out?

I am seriously considering looking for another paed this is the second time her prescription didn't really help n the first time it even made things worse.Na for this thread I got suggestions that helped. maybe it doesn't mean she isn't competent sha. I just don't really look forward to our appointments n many times I go much later cos of my previous experience.

sorry for my long story...pls answer my question. thanks

I know black soap helps fade scars in adults skin so it should work for treating the actual infection and fading the resulting scars gradually. It is definitely worth trying.
Also take into consideration other things like the water you use to bath him, detergent used in washing his clothes and beddings.etc
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 11:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
favoredgal:

Nobody said any fin was wrong with road travel. She wants to know if travelling by road to Ghana with a 6 week old baby is safe and you said yes she can, that women who go to America to deliver travel at 5 weeks.
That is by air biko.
The pressure of the cabin can't be compared to the dangers and stress that baby will be exposed to if taken by road, especially if the baby is yet to be immunised.
An adult who travels by road develops body ache, talk less of a neonate.
Haba

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.