Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4389301 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 9:25am On Aug 02, 2015
desiree:

If you are spoon feeding cereal, add as much milk to get the right consistency. You are right, thr is nothing like too much milk.

I make my own puddings, purees,smoothies. The only things i buy now r just formula and cereal. I'll suggest not adding milk to fruit puree, just let your baby get accustomed to the taste of fresh fruits. You can sometime add milk and bottle feed as smoothie.
Sorry to disturb you but in adding formula to cereal and purees, do I use normal strength .i.e. D normal consistency baby take normally or do I reduce the water thereby getting a thicker milk?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 10:37am On Aug 02, 2015
favoredgal:

There is negative review about every product on earth by dear.

The best way is to make your own everything

Welldone onegai. That's the way to go

You are missing the point. A product meant for babies and it has 90% negative reviews If you are amongst the lucky 10%, take it and run with it.

I was just trying to refute the claim the Johnson's products made in this USA are good while the ones made in Nigeria or South Africa are bad.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 10:44am On Aug 02, 2015
shndy:

Sorry to disturb you but in adding formula to cereal and purees, do I use normal strength .i.e. D normal consistency baby take normally or do I reduce the water thereby getting a thicker milk?

For example, my baby takes 180ml which is 6 scoops of formula. For spoon feeding cereal, I make 120ml (4 scoops) of formula....pour it in his bowl and add enough cereal to get this consistency. Make sure you make the formula in a bottle first, shake it to dissolve properly before pouring in a bowl.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 10:47am On Aug 02, 2015
Onegai:

I use cloth wipes and I'm going to cloth diaper once Baby E reaches the right weight. I even make my own hair and body creams and wanted to whip up homemade diaper cream. Remain small for me to start growing my own veggies and fruits. Sigh sad
Thanks for the links, will look it up

Wow!!! I'm impressed...You are super crunchy. Kudos to you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 10:51am On Aug 02, 2015
nefertitiram:

I actually saw somewhr online that lotions are not to be used on baby's skin. Will post the when i see it again. Nevertheless, perhaps other Johnson products (head.to toe wash, etc) may be good enough.
I bought the Johnson set for $10, and aveeno goes for $20, soup wey sweet... hummnn

Modified...

Here's the link.. http://m.newkidscenter.com/When-Can-You-Put-Lotion-On-A-Newborn.html

White babies might not need lotion...but please moisturise you African baby's skin o!!! Non-black people can also get away with washing their hair everyday, if you try it with African hair...naa shedding o.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 11:37am On Aug 02, 2015
desiree:

You are missing the point. A product meant for babies and it has 90% negative reviews If you are amongst the lucky 10%, take it and run with it.

I was just trying to refute the claim the Johnson's products made in this USA are good while the ones made in Nigeria or South Africa are bad.
U r right, my boy reacted badly to the made in Italy oil but d SA oil is great on him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 11:42am On Aug 02, 2015
desiree:

For example, my baby takes 180ml which is 6 scoops of formula. For spoon feeding cereal, I make 120ml (4 scoops) of formula....pour it in his bowl and add enough cereal to get this consistency. Make sure you make the formula in a bottle first, shake it to dissolve properly before pouring in a bowl.
TX sis, was actually talking about homemade cereal. Guess ill cook it thicker and dilute wt d milk dn. Was thinking I cn cheat and make a thicker milk tongue

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Harmless1: 11:51am On Aug 02, 2015
Mothers who hv treated their lo of nracha, pls what and what did you use or give to them?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
Mothers that are complaining about baby lotions.
Has anyone tried BOOTS products? I use the lotion,oil,powder,shampoo,soap for my daughter.. Five months plus,no rash,no reactions.. And my baby has a lot of folds on her neck and laps..yet no rash or any skin problem at all.
Though I use shea butter for her hair, infact,people stare at her whenever we go out cos its so long and full.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nefertitiram: 1:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
desiree:

White babies might not need lotion...but please moisturise you African baby's skin o!!! Non-black people can also get away with washing their hair everyday, if you try it with African hair...naa shedding o.

Lol @ hair shedding.
I can use shea butter or coconut oil for moisture rather than lotion, abi?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
Hernyolar:
Has anyone tried BOOTS products? I use the lotion,oil,powder,shampoo,soap for my daughter.. Five months plus,no rash,no reactions.. And my baby has a lot of folds on her neck and laps..yet no rash or any skin problem at all.
Though I use shea butter for her hair, infact,people stare at her whenever we go out cos its so long and full.

munmy,thankz for dis post...so is it only shear butter u use for her hair,cos my baby hair is very dry n most times tangle
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
Rashomo:

munmy,thankz for dis post...so is it only shear butter u use for her hair,cos my baby hair is very dry n most times tangle

I use shea butter alone except for the few times I use anoited olive oil and I dont apply it in the morning..but most importantly I wash once in 15days and condition with egg yolk. Then I cover her head overnight with net(I use the cap used for bonding,it goes for just 50bucks.

Although, I think it migh t be herediatry cos I get comments about my hair toogrin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TopeMel(f): 3:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
TopeMel:
Dear Mothers, why do babies open one eye than the other?

Mamas, kindly help with this. I noticed that he sometimes opens one eye wider than the other. Is this normal?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
Mamas, who has or is using Complan, Complan beverages and Horlicks for her baby frm 12mths. Would like to know the benefits.
And would there be need for toddler milk, as i hear babies can take adult/cow milk from 12mths.
I anticipate ur responses oooo

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 3:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
Hernyolar:

Tank God I've seen someone dat uses boots shampoo o. I just got and I was telling my hubby dat dis 1 dat dey put a boy wit no hair on it, hope my DD hair is safe o. Cos she has very soft n curly hair even though we cut it @ 7days (Muslim tins). I also noticed it has dat component dat onegai says dries d hair. I looked everywhere 4 baby conditioner bt I dint find and had 2 settle 4 boots cos I know its a very good brand. I also use Shea butter 2 rub her hair always. Now I can use it without fear, its just 1ce a week anyway.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
Hernyolar:

I use shea butter alone except for the few times I use anoited olive oil and I dont apply it in the morning..but most importantly I wash once in 15days and condition with egg yolk. Then I cover her head overnight with net(I use the cap used for bonding,it goes for just 50bucks.

Although, I think it migh t be herediatry cos I get comments about my hair toogrin

Pls how old is ur DD and how do u do d conditioning. My DD is 9mths, washing her hair is war sef, covering her hair is a no no 4 now. She ll just use her hand 2 pull it off. Me no get hair o, seems she got it 4rm her dad side and I also prayed 2 Baba God not 2 give her my kind of hair oooo wen I was preg.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2015
MumZ:

Pls how old is ur DD and how do u do d conditioning. My DD is 9mths, washing her hair is war sef, covering her hair is a no no 4 now. She ll just use her hand 2 pull it off. Me no get hair o, seems she got it 4rm her dad side and I also prayed 2 Baba God not 2 give her my kind of hair oooo wen I was preg.

she's 5.2mths. That's why I use the flexible cap for her and not the regular thick head net
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2015
mamas that add crayfish to their baby's pap how do u prepare the crayfish n store it. I think i once read here that one should stir fry it a little to ensure its dry n then blend. is this OK?
after grinding will it be OK to just leave it at room temp or it has to b in d freezer?
at what stage of cooking the pap does one add the crayfish.
I'm also guessing d pap should not be too thick

in short my baby s stopping exclusive n I want to start introducing pap . cereal n formula sabi mamas I need advice o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
Pls how can I help my baby poop. Her poop is hard and she is straining to pass it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 4:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
Hernyolar:

she's 5.2mths. That's why I use the flexible cap for her and not the regular thick head net

Tanks 4 d quick reply. Pls how do u do d egg yolk conditioning, cos like I said b4 I've not been able 2 get a baby conditioner.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 4:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
hotmum:
Mamas, who has or is using Complan, Complan beverages and Horlicks for her baby frm 12mths. Would like to know the benefits.
And would there be need for toddler milk, as i hear babies can take adult/cow milk from 12mths.
I anticipate ur responses oooo

I just started using complan cuz of my inlaw's insistence that my baby needs some flesh.

It's day 2 and she is seriously constipated already.

A serving contains 250 calories so if you are not trying to pad your baby up not sure it's the way to go
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 4:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
MumZ:

Hahah story of my life. I don't have any hair but my dd is blessed with long full hair. To wash, condition, comb, plait, whatever is serious war....

She doesn't agree to hair bands or cap or anything on the hair. Seriously contemplating cutting it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummy2be: 4:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
Onegai:

I use cloth wipes and I'm going to cloth diaper once Baby E reaches the right weight. I even make my own hair and body creams and wanted to whip up homemade diaper cream. Remain small for me to start growing my own veggies and fruits. Sigh sad
pls give us recipe on the cream o pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
Hernyolar:

thanks ..pls how old is ur baby...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
favoredgal:

I just started using complan cuz of my inlaw's insistence that my baby needs some flesh.

It's day 2 and she is seriously constipated already.

A serving contains 250 calories so if you are not trying to pad your baby up not sure it's the way to go
how old is ur baby? Go for fresh Orange or prune juice
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 4:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
lovinam:
how old is ur baby? Go for fresh Orange or prune juice

Thanks. She pooped finally just now with rubb and a little help.
Iv whipped up some apple puree to be using with the complan
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 5:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
favoredgal:

Hahah story of my life. I don't have any hair but my dd is blessed with long full hair. To wash, condition, comb, plait, whatever is serious war....

She doesn't agree to hair bands or cap or anything on the hair. Seriously contemplating cutting it

Lol, pls don't cut it o. I don't even know how 2 plait o, its just 2 catch just 5 big puffs 4 her n it takes me like an hour cos I av 2 b moving after her, cos if she sleeps n I touch her hair, she wakes up. My hair dresser made didi 4 her which she carried 4 almost 2weeks n I rested. Now I'm not in lag n I'm back 2 d war of washing, combing n making puffs. Some times I ll just b threatening her wit hair cut, she ll Just b lookn @ my face. I'm seriously lookn 4 who can b making d didi here 4 me cos not everyone can plait baby hair.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by RashMe(f): 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
Pls mamas, my baby is 2.5months. What else can I give her apart from BM?? Was thinking of doing EBF but she sucks like there is no 2moro.....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bims87(f): 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
RashMe:
Pls mamas, my baby is 2.5months. What else can I give her apart from BM?? Was thinking of doing EBF but she sucks like there is no 2moro.....

You can introduce formula. Nan 1 is okay if she tolerates it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
Onegai:

Wow!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lateralmaths(m): 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
hello everyone. pls what can I give my 16 weeks old daughter for cough?
pls is there any interaction between cough/cough medications and vaccination?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gratefulaheart: 8:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
Pls mums how do one treat "Oka" in infants?

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.