Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4390651 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hannydarl(f): 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2012
Eye drop bottle and Ori(shea butter)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dominique(f): 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2012
nice thread y'all have going on here. wish we had something like this last year when my son was still an infant. now at 16 1/2 months, me sef don become pro in baby matter :8.
new parents dont always know when best to start potty-training their babies. some assume its when they start walkin n talkin. don't make that mistake o (I almost did embarassed). start potty training as soon as s/he can sit without back support (around 6/7monts). you should observe your babys pooing pattern.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hannydarl(f): 8:44pm On Aug 04, 2012
Potty trained my son at 2yrs old when he could say pee pee and poo. It took me 3days. Just wait for him to want to poo or pee and shout no no no, Good boys pee pee in potty potty. It was in summer. Cos he had to play around the house without his pant on so I can see when pee pee is comming.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dominique(f): 4:28pm On Aug 05, 2012
^^^ good for you. most kids are not so fast to adapt. my son isnt talking yet (except mama) but he gives me signals when he wants to poo. atimes he even drags out the potty himself. he doesnt urinate at night anymore, first thing we do when he wakes up in the morning is to take off his diapers and he unleashes the fountain of wee wee cheesy.
right now he's going through the queen mother of teething discomfort- the premolar stage. mennn i don tire. the diarrhoe, loss of temperature or the incessant crying.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dominique(f): 4:59pm On Aug 05, 2012
this yeye phone and character limit angry.
as i was saying. this past week was a complete nightmare for all 3 of us. i was almost tempted to give him one those teething medicine people love to prescribe but i'm not comfortable with the compositiom. i gave him paracetamol and coartem for the temperature, multuvitamins for the loss of appetite and flagyl for the diarrhoea. now he's almost back to his old playful self tho he has lost weight (pesin wey no fat before).my friends 6m/o weighs more than him now embarassed

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 8:34pm On Aug 05, 2012
So teething dey worry like this? Is there no medicine we can give them, to subdue the wahala of teething?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ednutey(f): 10:35pm On Aug 05, 2012
@dominique ow is he feelin,op he is beta, pls which cereal can b given to a baby of 4mnths

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dudugirl01(f): 11:51pm On Aug 05, 2012
my baby is 4 months, the question is when do i start her on cereals?
i'm thinking since i've gone this far, i should just complete 6 months exclusive, what do you think?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by agiboma(f): 4:36am On Aug 06, 2012
hannydarl: Potty trained my son at 2yrs old when he could say pee pee and poo. It took me 3days. Just wait for him to want to poo or pee and shout no no no, Good boys pee pee in potty potty. It was in summer. Cos he had to play around the house without his pant on so I can see when pee pee is comming.

Wow on a little boy what an acheivement. We are about to start on my son he just turned 2 not sure he is ready yet, but im gonna give it a try. Great thread btw.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hannydarl(f): 7:17am On Aug 06, 2012
@ dominique awwww sorrry o. My daughter too is teething and the poo isn't leting her rest. She likes eating soup(I cook chicken with rice and beans, potato, carrots and tomatoes and grind and freeze)she loves the crayfish flavour so I add some to the soup. Hope the little prince is fine now. I can't wait to hold her own babies o. One day sha.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hannydarl(f): 7:32am On Aug 06, 2012
@ Agiboma Are you kalabari? I knew when my son was ready cos before he turned two he would not mind pooing on his pants and playing with it in his pantsfor hours till I find out. I tried the potty thingy but he was scared of it and would not sit on it but scream and would not let me know when he wants to pee or poo cos I wiill make him sit on the potty. I tried at 6mos dint work, tried at 9 mos dint work 1yr for wia? So when I noticed he wasn't comfortable with poo and pee close to his skin again, I siezed the opportunity. His potty has a spot in the living room safe from the eyes of vistitors but he knows where it is so anytime he is pressed he goes there and pees or poos and we both clap sing and do the potty dance praising him. Now he uses the Toilet started last month so potty has been packed for my DD to use soon. Down side? He poos and wears back his pant without letting me know since he gained shitting freedom.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hannydarl(f): 7:58am On Aug 06, 2012
Dudugirl, its safe to give cereal now or mashed banana and some milk. If baby eats enough through BFing then by all means do it for as long as you want. Even while feeding cereal baby can still suck. Milk is still important so don't feel guilty if you try to feed him other. Just know that feeding other food may be challenging at first. Don't do golden morn and others soon o. Most goldenmorn babies don't like eating home made food lots of it can come after babygets used to homemade foods. Wishing you and baby well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 10:19am On Aug 06, 2012
Morning @all, can any1 give us in full datail on how to prepare the best home made food that is safe frm @least 4months upwards...... What can i do to get rid of this rashes on my baby's neck thats is now spreading to his body pls urgent respons will the appreciated..... Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hannydarl(f): 11:24am On Aug 06, 2012
Ayobami concerning the rash, go see his doctor cos you have to be sure if its heat rash, An allergy or some thing like measles or the pox.

For homemade baby food at that age give ground brown rice or any whole grain unpolished rice. Though any other easily available one will do but the first is best. Ground oats too not the pre cooked one if you can manage. Cook and serve with whatever milk baby drinks. Potato irish or sweet boiled or baked. Sweet apples not the too sour ones boiled or baked. Serve with some milk. Same with marshed banana.don't cook banana just wash, peel mash and feed baby .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dominique(f): 11:50am On Aug 06, 2012
@hannydarl & ednutey. thanks for the concern. he's much better now and back in the business of turning the house upside-down. two premolars are starting to emerge. i wish he could gain weight overnight.
@ayobarmy
on your first question. teething discomfort vary from baby to baby. some babies even scale through it without a glitch. you have to be very careful about the type of medicine you give him. when the time comes,just take him to any nearby clinic. the nurses there will recommend what you should do
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hannydarl(f): 5:35pm On Aug 06, 2012
You welicomu o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 9:44am On Aug 13, 2012
Good morning mums, pls my baby's doc says the rashes on his body is just heat, that i should'nt cover him too much again. That the heat will disappear soon. But am not happy with the way his body looks now, pls does any1 knws any cream i can buy to clear the rashes as soon as possible.? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dudugirl01(f): 9:50am On Aug 13, 2012
Try skineal or abf
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
@dudu, longest time, how is ur little mama? Pls where can i get that, and is that the real name?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dominique(f): 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
which baby powder do you use? i use Agnesia baby powder for my baby's heat rashes and its works well. apply every morning and evening especially after bath. it comes in an unattractive red container. i was a bit skeptical when my husband bought it home cos i'm only familiar with johnson, pears and nycil brands. but this one works wella, cleared all the prickly heat within a week. hugs and kisses to the lil man smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 4nky(f): 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
Hello Mums, please does anyone have any medication or herbs for Atopic eczema.It is an allergic reaction and we have been battling it from my boy's 4months age to no avail. I currently use Oilatum for bathing him and diprobase cream as moisturizer since then but no change. The GP told me they outgrow it around 15yrs and i do not want to wait till then. Will be happy for any suggestion or tips.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 7:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
Thanks @dom, any idea of where i can get it?
@4nky abge i no go sckl too much , so wetin u dey try complain no be weting them they call (EELA) for yoruba?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dudugirl01(f): 10:45pm On Aug 13, 2012
ayobarmy: @dudu, longest time, how is ur little mama? Pls where can i get that, and is that the real name?
Little Madam is doing just fine, yes, that's what the cream is called, skineal, and ABF-3 that's what its called, how's ur family!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dudugirl01(f): 10:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
You can get the cream @ pharmacies
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DavidsonAIICO: 5:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
it is good to have babies born into this world but the most important thing is to make a cash investment plan for them to guarantee their future, educational wise and others....i hereby propose a financial plan.;

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 4nky(f): 11:22am On Aug 15, 2012
@Ayobarmy. My sister , i do not know what it is called as i have never seen it on any baby back home in Nigeria. But d appearance is a bit red, wrinkly and it itches him.Kindly confirm if it is EELA and do u have any tips for the cure. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
@4nky, where exactly are u, bcuz if u are in lag or anywhere on the west i can direct u to somewhere.....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 4nky(f): 10:00am On Aug 16, 2012
@Ayobarmy , i live in UK.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 12:57pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ouch, i dont knw how i could help you, bcuz if u were to be in Nigeria, there are native soap/cream that u can use to clean in a short time without any traces or effect. But since u are in uk, i will advice u seek a second doctor's opinion............. My regards to the man himself.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hannydarl(f): 10:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
@4nky
when my son had eczema on his face at 4mos the doctor recomended a cream called didermal. The active ingridients were betametazon and gentamicin. Maybe you can't get it with that same brand name in the UK but your pharmacist can help you get One with same active ingridients.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DeGenius3(m): 7:25am On Aug 17, 2012
your baby can sleep well depending on her nature. i agree its normal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.