Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,845 members, 7,806,387 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4388536 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nita2013: 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
I m in Abuja dear and it's in most big shops here that sell baby cereal.

mimzy:

nita2013 please where can i get gerber prune. i hv searched the whole of ikeja to no avail

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tbaby4real(f): 9:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
corrall:

Same here o, I use a clean cloth and warm water to clean my children's mouth n tongue under 6 months , then use warm salty water when they are a bit older.

Why not use lemon and warm water to clean instead of salt cos salt is not good for baby under 1 year old.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BryDario(f): 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2015
corrall:

Please when you say raw egg, I hope you are talking about only the yolk cos egg whites is not good for babies under 1
my baby is 17months old.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Suzyt: 1:27am On Sep 04, 2015
Hello mamas!

My LO is 6 months and 3 weeks and I started on solids at 6 months which consist of puréed foods with loads of veggies. Since I started he has been having very hard pellet like poo. I have tried water, warm water, water with brown sugar, freshly squeezed orange juice with scent leaf juice, little drops of olive oil in water at night. Nothing has changed. He strains and groans and I'm so unhappy seeing him in so much discomfort. Right now I want to revert to milk only. Please advise me. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 5:32am On Sep 04, 2015
mamas good morning, pls come to my aid . my lo is 6months and 2weeks. for a week after birth, my lo pooed 2ce a day. after yhen till he clocked 4months he pooped once a week and he was fine. (he wont poo no matter what I did tillnits 5/7 days). after 4 months whn he started his supplementary diet, he started pooing after every 3days and whn I started him on solids at 5months plus he started pooing everyday. his poos are soft and ok. some times he cld get constipated buh he was fine. but for the past 3days, he has been pooing during feeds. he pooped 8times yesterday ( btwn 12am and 6pm). its not runny. its the regular poo. he takes pap with soya, I have stopped the soya in his pap and its still the same thing. he ddnt poo after eating amala last night. his milk is thrive signature. he has been doing well with it. pls what cld b d problem? he acts fine, he is playing and he sleeps well.but im not comfortable with the every feed pooing snc it has never happened before. i breastfed him only tonight and there was no poo but he ddnt sleep well cos he wasnt getting filled. after i gave him his milk he pooed after taking like 30mls and he continued with it till he finished it.his nanny said he wants to get light so he can lift himself. I know its an old wives tale.
pls kindly come to my aid. he lost a lot of weight due to teething cos I refused to use medication (piccan and d likes) according to my mum. the tooth is out now and he is beginning to gain his weight back.
pardon my epistle pls. what can b prob b

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 5:36am On Sep 04, 2015
Suzyt:
Hello mamas!

My LO is 6 months and 3 weeks and I started on solids at 6 months which consist of puréed foods with loads of veggies. Since I started he has been having very hard pellet like poo. I have tried water, warm water, water with brown sugar, freshly squeezed orange juice with scent leaf juice, little drops of olive oil in water at night. Nothing has changed. He strains and groans and I'm so unhappy seeing him in so much discomfort. Right now I want to revert to milk only. Please advise me. Thanks.

Whn it happened to my lo I read online that you give at least 10mls of water before every feed. well did it work? I cant say but I make sure my lo takes 30mls of warm water first thing in d morning. during the course of the day its water, water, water! especially whn he is playing rough. I gv water to calm him down but I discovered it reactivates his energy. so my sister the secret behind it is water!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 6:55am On Sep 04, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Tombrown does not require sieving. U just need to grind very well, more Dan 5x till its really smooth.
Can I use a blender for the soybean?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 7:24am On Sep 04, 2015
shndy:

I use d blender buh its nt dat smooth.. so pls advice, buh for d mama dat on raw egg, is it only d yolk or complete egg..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 7:29am On Sep 04, 2015
hajarahbadmus:
mamas good morning, pls come to my aid . my lo is 6months and 2weeks. for a week after birth, my lo pooed 2ce a day. after yhen till he clocked 4months he pooped once a week and he was fine. (he wont poo no matter what I did tillnits 5/7 days). after 4 months whn he started his supplementary diet, he started pooing after every 3days and whn I started him on solids at 5months plus he started pooing everyday. his poos are soft and ok. some times he cld get constipated buh he was fine. but for the past 3days, he has been pooing during feeds. he pooped 8times yesterday ( btwn 12am and 6pm). its not runny. its the regular poo. he takes pap with soya, I have stopped the soya in his pap and its still the same thing. he ddnt poo after eating amala last night. his milk is thrive signature. he has been doing well with it. pls what cld b d problem? he acts fine, he is playing and he sleeps well.but im not comfortable with the every feed pooing snc it has never happened before. i breastfed him only tonight and there was no poo but he ddnt sleep well cos he wasnt getting filled. after i gave him his milk he pooed after taking like 30mls and he continued with it till he finished it.his nanny said he wants to get light so he can lift himself. I know its an old wives tale.
pls kindly come to my aid. he lost a lot of weight due to teething cos I refused to use medication (piccan and d likes) according to my mum. the tooth is out now and he is beginning to gain his weight back.

get orange n squeez in spoon or cup
, give to ur baby, pls dont rush wat u give to ur baby, wateva u give , wait n give it tym... be strong for ur baby... IT IS WELL..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 9:00am On Sep 04, 2015
hajarahbadmus:

You mite want to stop d milk for a day or two and watch him. It's possible it's d milk, doesn't Mata he's bn taking it b4 now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 9:53am On Sep 04, 2015
shndy:
I doubt o. dat thing is hard.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 11:34am On Sep 04, 2015
kaffy4bill:

You mite want to stop d milk for a day or two and watch him. It's possible it's d milk, doesn't Mata he's bn taking it b4 now

Thanks ma'am. I will try it. he ddnt poop during his meal this morning. will still try without milk regardless. I am grateful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 12:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
@hajarahbadmus, I wld say ur baby is fyn. keep him well hydrated and watch him. I don't think it ll b d milk since he didn't just change his milk. keep his surroundings clean too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2015
I heard mashed potatoes for babies is prepared with butter. does anyone know which butter is preferable for use?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamacajah: 2:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
MiracleMum:
I heard mashed potatoes for babies is prepared with butter. does anyone know which butter is preferable for use?
I use president or oldenberg..any foreign butter sold in the supermarkets is fine. Someone also taught me her method. Get carrots, sweet pea, fish (titus) and potatoes. Boil the carrots, peas and potatoes together. boil fish seperate, de-bone and mash. once boiled, put the potato mixture into a blender, add the mashed fish, a little water and blend. It produces a smooth nutrious pudding.
Keep in freezer. when you want to warm, dethraw the food, either use microwave or put a little president butter on the frying pan and add the food for warming. Tastes delicious.

I also followed the advice here, bought basmati rice, boiled it, grinded it into rice pudding.
Then I served it with either milk or my special stew sauce.
Stew sauce: buy tomatoes, onions, pepper (shonbo-non peppery), beef, chicken and fish.
Boiled all the meat and fish. debone and mash fish, meat. For the meat, I used my salad grater to grate the beef and chicken. Blend the tomatoes ingredients. Put on fire to boil with a little oil. when cooked, add the mashed meat/fish, including little salt to taste and mix. Voila -tomatoes sauce with mashed mixed meat.

Its not been easy trying all the recipes I get here becos I work all week, take her with me for office creche and can't stop at the market on the way home lipsrsealed but I now a system of cooking her meals on Saturday for the week, freezing it and bring it out when I need it. Thank GOD for improved light situation. grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
MiracleMum:
Am in same boat as u, cos thr butter must be salt-less . Am yet to come across one that has no salt o. Just told my sis ds morning to get me some from UK. Incase you come across one in naija pls lemme know
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumnancy: 3:25pm On Sep 04, 2015
Hello mummy in the house,my 3 month old baby is having acne on her face,pls what should I use on it
shndy:

Am in same boat as u, cos thr butter must be salt-less . Am yet to come across one that has no salt o. Just told my sis ds morning to get me some from UK. Incase you come across one in naija pls lemme know
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 3:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
mumnancy:
Hello mummy in the house,my 3 month old baby is having acne on her face,pls what should I use on it
Get baby tribotan, u can also dilute Savlon in water to wash the face

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oyin4luv: 4:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
Hello FTM,My baby is 2month and 3wks old.Lately,he cries a lot(over lil tins);he wnts to slip he will cry,if I dnt bring out my breast on time he will cry.I was tld by my MIL that he gets angry on time, dat is y he cries over tins,dnt knw hw true dat is.But he dose nt run temperature and he sleeps in d nite:he only wake's up to suck.Pls I need advice on what to do.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 4:19pm On Sep 04, 2015
mamacajah:

I use president or oldenberg..any foreign butter sold in the supermarkets is fine. Someone also taught me her method. Get carrots, sweet pea, fish (titus) and potatoes. Boil the carrots, peas and potatoes together. boil fish seperate, de-bone and mash. once boiled, put the potato mixture into a blender, add the mashed fish, a little water and blend. It produces a smooth nutrious pudding.
Keep in freezer. when you want to warm, dethraw the food, either use microwave or put a little president butter on the frying pan and add the food for warming. Tastes delicious.

I also followed the advice here, bought basmati rice, boiled it, grinded it into rice pudding.
Stew sauce: buy tomatoes, onions, pepper (shonbo-non peppery), beef, chicken and fish.
Boiled all the meat and fish. debone and mash fish, meat. For the meat, I used my salad grater to grate the beef and chicken. Blend the tomatoes ingredients. Put on fire to boil with a little oil. when cooked, add the mashed meat/fish, including little salt to taste and mix. Voila -tomatoes sauce with mashed mixed meat.

Its not been easy trying all the recipes I get here becos I work all week, take her with me for office creche and can't stop at the market on the way home lipsrsealed but I now a system of cooking her meals on Saturday for the week, freezing it and bring it out when I need it. Thank GOD for improved light situation. grin
Please how do u boil d protein. Do u add salt
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
mamacajah:

Your post is very inspiring. Thanks.

Sayoberry @

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 5:25pm On Sep 04, 2015
oyin4luv:
Hello FTM,My baby is 2month and 3wks old.Lately,he cries a lot(over lil tins);he wnts to slip he will cry,if I dnt bring out my breast on time he will cry.I was tld by my MIL that he gets angry on time, dat is y he cries over tins,dnt knw hw true dat is.But he dose nt run temperature and he sleeps in d nite:he only wake's up to suck.Pls I need advice on what to do.

You too bring out ur breast on time naa, you don't know men like breast ni cheesy cheesy pls don't mind me oo grin

But you just need to pay more attention to him really, since he is healthy and sleeping well. Babies also have different temperaments.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2015
Good day mamas. Please when can i start using a baby carrier my baby is 8 weeks old, my mum is insisting on not using at all so as to avoid bow legs would appreciate ur inputs.
Also please i need creche around agidingbi,alausa or ogba anyone with good personal recommendation i would appreciate i'm resuming soon and need to pick as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 5:52pm On Sep 04, 2015
Keji3:
Good day mamas. Please when can i start using a baby carrier my baby is 8 weeks old, my mum is insisting on not using at all so as to avoid bow legs would appreciate ur inputs.
Also please i need creche around agidingbi,alausa or ogba anyone with good personal recommendation i would appreciate i'm resuming soon and need to pick as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.
Never heard of the bow leg part , I used a carrier for my baby at 4wks sha
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmy2103(f): 6:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
shndy:

Check for unsalted butter in major stores
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oyin4luv: 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
Kimoni:

You too bring out ur breast on time naa, you don't know men like breast ni cheesy cheesy pls don't mind me oo grin

But you just need to pay more attention to him really, since he is healthy and sleeping well. Babies also have different temperaments.
His temperaments nah wah b dat oo,he eats well thou(BM n feeding bottle).I was tld its a phase dat will end soon.Tnks for d advice @ kimoni,will pay more close attention to him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 04, 2015
Hello mum. Kindly recommend a very good children hospital in lagos.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Suzyt: 6:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
Thanks a lot. But u say ur not sure it worked?
hajarahbadmus:

Whn it happened to my lo I read online that you give at least 10mls of water before every feed. well did it work? I cant say but I make sure my lo takes 30mls of warm water first thing in d morning. during the course of the day its water, water, water! especially whn he is playing rough. I gv water to calm him down but I discovered it reactivates his energy. so my sister the secret behind it is water!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by teegold1: 7:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
Dear beautiful mothers, you can shop for your baby needs at http://www.gloo.ng/baby-products.html?acc=456&bannerid=5
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 8:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
shndy:

Never heard of the bow leg part , I used a carrier for my baby at 4wks sha

Thanks sis, i guess i can start using a carrier then

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 10:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
Arihodo:
if frying de soybeans, fry till golden brown, corn fry till golden brown. fry gnut, crayfish. grand soybean and corn to powder twice, the third, add gnut and crayfish. 4 cups corn, 2cups soya beans, 1 cup gnut, crayfish as desired. after making the tombrown, i add milk without suger for my babies.

Thanks so much for this, God bless you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
Good evening mothers, I just ported to this thread,had my Lo yday.
My challenge is my nipple is not big enough for baby to grab.what can I do to ensure baby feeding well.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.