Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,663 members, 7,805,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4388057 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by viviparity: 9:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
lovinam:
Why not allow another person to feed her. You know she can still percieve bm fromm you anytime you bring her close.
thanks dear.na me be this ooo.network no free make I enter

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by viviparity: 10:01pm On Feb 04, 2016
MiracleMum:

You have to apply patience oh. Babies dont easily accept formulas no matter the brand, especially when they can differentiate the sweetness of breastmilk to formula. It can take a month or more for some babies to fully accept it, so just keep trying. Persistence is the key here. Well done!
mama thanks it was network problems.I used smbdy phone.I will keep trying
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pacypatty(f): 10:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
Doubledouble:

Moringa caps works more than tea. I am breast feeding twins and take loads of water, I hate pap but it's now my by force favourite n I take mother's milk tea. Different things work for different ppl. Things that aids lactation are:
Fenugreek
Moringa
Blessed thistle
Nuts like cashew, almonds
Pap
Raisins
The best of all is WATER.
All the best.

okay Thk u ma'am Will try them out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 10:13pm On Feb 04, 2016
stadora:

Am also havin ds same problem wit my lo. But if I may ask, doesn't al formula taste same? I ve tried cow n gate many times wit my lo, but he kips refusin it.
Again, pls my lo is hvin slight cough, can I gv him piriton syrup n wots d dosage?

1) No. All formulas do not taste the same. Just the same way peak milk and carnation milk do not taste the same wink If he keeps refusing it, maybe you should try another brand. Milk is very vital for the first one year of a child's life so you need to find a brand he loves.

2) Piriton has to be one of the most abused drugs in nigeria. cheesy grin that said, at my end, Piriton is for allergies not cough and I personally won't give it to a child unless it's prescribed by a doctor or buy OTC unless I'm sure the child is suffering from an allergic reaction.

Since it's just a slight cough, why not give him vitamin C and lots of warm water ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 10:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
Congrats Hajarahbadmus

Lmao @ pounded yam and efo riro. Make sure it's laced with orisirisi fish, beef, etc
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 10:24pm On Feb 04, 2016
helovesme:
Congrats Hajarahbadmus

Lmao @ pounded yam and efo riro. Make sure it's laced with orisirisi fish, beef, etc

thanks..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 10:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
Lol @hajarahbadmus, you made me remember when my son took his first steps last december(the day he was exactly 11mths), the joy cant be measured,he will continue to take the steps till he is perfect and you know what? he wont want to crawl again once he is perfect. Enjoy the mood dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 5:37am On Feb 05, 2016
helovesme:

1) No. All formulas do not taste the same. Just the same way peak milk and carnation milk do not taste the same wink If he keeps refusing it, maybe you should try another brand. Milk is very vital for the first one year of a child's life so you need to find a brand he loves.

2) Piriton has to be one of the most abused drugs in nigeria. cheesy grin that said, at my end, Piriton is for allergies not cough and I personally won't give it to a child unless it's prescribed by a doctor or buy OTC unless I'm sure the child is suffering from an allergic reaction.

Since it's just a slight cough, why not give him vitamin C and lots of warm water ?
k maam, thanks alot.
Mamas pls my lo is havin nlacha (don't no d english name, ibo mamas pls help) also he s havin a clay_like patch on d nchawu isi (dat smal hole in front of d head). Pls wot do i do 2 get rid of al dis on my ? Thanks 4 al your response.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oselin: 7:36am On Feb 05, 2016
tatacherie:

I'm under NHIS ma'am.my bill was 33,000 and I paid 10% of that.have no idea of d breakdown though.sorry I cudnt help

Tanx, u have really helped. How is ur damsel?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 9:27am On Feb 05, 2016
[quote author=mydreams25 post=42627970]Lol @hajarahbadmus, you made me remember when my son took his first steps last december(the day he was exactly 11mths), the joy cant be measured,he will continue to take the steps till he is perfect and you know what? he wont want to crawl again once he is perfect. Enjoy the mood dear.[/quote

thanks dear.. he has just been all over d place snc morning. .
May God bless and keep them for us..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 10:11am On Feb 05, 2016
stadora:

k maam, thanks alot.
Mamas pls my lo is havin nlacha (don't no d english name, ibo mamas pls help) also he s havin a clay_like patch on d nchawu isi (dat smal hole in front of d head). Pls wot do i do 2 get rid of al dis on my ? Thanks 4 al your response.
I guess the clay like patch should be craddle cap.if yes all u need to do is apply shampoo 10 -15 min before bathing him n wash off gently.use comb to brush it out gently n keep repeating it till it goes away.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abibaby(f): 1:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
Is there infant peak milk? I doubt. You should stil be on infant milk till age 1
That might be the culprit@favouredgal,there is nd it's very nice,my boy is ten months old 2days ago nd he has been taking it a very long time ago,cos he refused so many bf settling for peak baby step one
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adejoke2348: 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2016
hi mums pls what type of baby food can I get for my 4month old baby.thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmum15: 2:29pm On Feb 05, 2016
Hi mamas in the house,My baby's arm is still swollen at the point he was given the BCG injection at 6 weeks,he'll be seven months next week and the mound is still there.Pls I'm worried,is this normal?what should I do if it isn't? Cc @onegai and other mums.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 05, 2016
Good afternoon sabi mums in the house. Please help o, my LO clocked one year on d 30th Jan, although she eats very well buh she has absolutely refused to take cereal or pap from her bowl. She will only accept it if I use her feeding bottle. Also, she prefers to eat with me, if I try to dish her food separately, she won't accept it after one or two spoons. She's walking already, she's healthy, meeting milestones, etc.
I also attached a pics from her bday. Lol. The struggle to tie her gele was real grin
Should I just let her be and follow her pattern, hoping that she will change with time. Please mothers respond o,. We are all here to learn and share Thank u mas

Cc. @kaffy4bill. Senior Beedam. MiracleMum.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:16pm On Feb 05, 2016
Newmum15:
Hi mamas in the house,My baby's arm is still swollen at the point he was given the BCG injection at 6 weeks,he'll be seven months next week and the mound is still there.Pls I'm worried,is this normal?what should I do if it isn't? Cc @onegai and other mums.

i wish I knew dear, ours has gone in (and she's the same age). Kaffy4bill, please help.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:19pm On Feb 05, 2016
mimzy:
Good afternoon sabi mums in the house. Please help o, my LO clocked one year on d 30th Jan, although she eats very well buh she has absolutely refused to take cereal or pap from her bowl. She will only accept it if I use her feeding bottle. Also, she prefers to eat with me, if I try to dish her food separately, she won't accept it after one or two spoons. She's walking already, she's healthy, meeting milestones, etc.
I also attached a pics from her bday. Lol. The struggle to tie her gele was real grin
Should I just let her be and follow her pattern, hoping that she will change with time. Please mothers respond o,. We are all here to learn and share Thank u mas

abeg leave this pretty madam alone! Is it her fault that she's so fine, you now want to chase her away from your plate grin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 05, 2016
Hehehe grin Lolz. It's not like that o. I just feel it's time she starts getting used to plate n spoon. Lolz I accept defeat, she's finer grin cheesy

Onegai:

abeg leave this pretty madam alone! Is it her fault that she's so fine, you now want to chase her away from your plate grin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 6:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
Hajarahbadmus, congratulations, lol. I can imagine your excitement.

Did you do anything in particular? I ask because you said he couldn't stand alone in the morning.

Great job dear.

Mimzy, your daughter is cute for days. Looks very healthy too. I feel like cuddling her. Well done dear, great job.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
Awwww thanks mam. Just that she can be very hyperactive, I hardly rest. . grin. Just this evening while bathing her, she kept dipping her hands into the foamy/soapy water to lick it undecided. Cnt blame her though, lol, the wash smells like banana cheesy

maran1983:

Mimzy, your daughter is cute for days. Looks very healthy too. I feel like cuddling her. Well done dear, great job.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 7:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
adejoke2348:
hi mums pls what type of baby food can I get for my 4month old baby.thanks
At 4 month ur baby should still be on formula or breast milk.u can introduce cereal from 6 month.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 7:41pm On Feb 05, 2016
mimzy:

Leave madam alone o. Nothing is wrong with her.
Onigele yi, skentele
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 05, 2016
Ok mam. But when will she learn how to eat on her own na. Cos she will start pre school by 18months ooo grin cheesy

beedam:

Leave madam alone o. Nothing is wrong with her.
Onigele yi, skentele
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 8:27pm On Feb 05, 2016
Mama's good evening, pls I intend introducing foods like frisocream for my lo and some foods when he gets to 4 month. He possets a lot (throwing up of breast milk). I was told when I introduce solids that is when he will stop. His own is so bad that I can't even take him out and stay long. We change cloths up to 3 times in church before service is over and the bibs are not helping too. He will be 3 months on the 10 of this month.
pls I need food suggestions so that I can start getting them before then.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 8:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
Eminya:
Mama's good evening, pls I intend introducing foods like frisocream for my lo and some foods when he gets to 4 month. He possets a lot (throwing up of breast milk). I was told when I introduce solids that is when he will stop. His own is so bad that I can't even take him out and stay long. We change cloths up to 3 times in church before service is over and the bibs are not helping too. He will be 3 months on the 10 of this month.

just manage and reach six mths,I doubt urs spit up more than mine,even the pastors during his dedication got theirs too,it got to a point my mother in law said my milk is soured.story!!!,my lo will be 5mths soon ,he didn't spit up last week.
Nb:arm urself with bips and towels

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 8:53pm On Feb 05, 2016
mimzy:
Ok mam. But when will she learn how to eat on her own na. Cos she will start pre school by 18months ooo grin cheesy

Eat on her own? Haba! Na small small nah. Abdul Rahman hasn't started walking sef. His longest walk was 8 steps. He eats on his own with the feeding bottle in the midnight but we feed him with spoon during the day.

Just relax jare!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2016
Please mama i need recommendations for treatment of diarrhea for my 6 months old baby. She has been pooing after every feed for 2 days now. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 9:59pm On Feb 05, 2016
Eminya:

My babies spits up a lot too...at some point I was suspecting reflux but thanks to God it's just spit-ups...the boy has outgrown his but my lil madamé on top still carry go...though not as much as b4. We use abt 8-10 bibs a day for her. As long as your boy is gaining weight don't trouble yourself. If u can do 4 months then just try n finish the race. Giving him cereals won't stop spit-ups, he will outgrow it as his digestive system matures. Spit ups looks much, like they ve given back all the milk they took but, in actual fact isn't much at all. But if not gaining weight then you need to see your paediatrician, cos then it might be more than possetting.

If you have totally made up your mind on cereals at 4mths, there are cereals for that age...but don't know the names. Other sabi mamas will help out.
Cheers!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goldmine(f): 10:10pm On Feb 05, 2016
Abibaby:
Is there infant peak milk? I doubt. You should stil be on infant milk till age 1
That might be the culprit@favouredgal,there is nd it's very nice,my boy is ten months old 2days ago nd he has been taking it a very long time ago,cos he refused so many bf settling for peak baby step one

There actually is infant peak milk. It's called Peak baby. It's a new product for 0-12 months. I want to believe it's the infant milk she's giving her baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 10:30pm On Feb 05, 2016
Keji3:
Please mama i need recommendations for treatment of diarrhea for my 6 months old baby. She has been pooing after every feed for 2 days now. Thanks

If the frequency of poop has markedly increase then u might be right that it's diarrhea. If on solids, she might have eaten sthg that doesn't sit well with her tums. Just breastfeed more/ formula feed as norm. Give loads of fluid but no juices pls- definitely not for baby- and not by u if breast feeding, likewise no spicy, sugary or fizzy stuffs. No foods that can trigger diarrhea. Give more starchy bland foods like potatoes, rice cereal, carrots et al. It will clear up by itself, but watch out for dehydration. If u notice any sign of mild dehydration then give ors asap.
All the best dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 11:07pm On Feb 05, 2016
Doubledouble:

If the frequency of poop has markedly increase then u might be right that it's diarrhea. If on solids, she might have eaten sthg that doesn't sit well with her tums. Just breastfeed more/ formula feed as norm. Give loads of fluid but no juices pls- definitely not for baby- and not by u if breast feeding, likewise no spicy, sugary or fizzy stuffs. No foods that can trigger diarrhea. Give more starchy bland foods like potatoes, rice cereal, carrots et al. It will clear up by itself, but watch out for dehydration. If u notice any sign of mild dehydration then give ors asap.
All the best dear

Thanks dear i appreciate. I'll get the ors asap, she has eaten just little today and avoiding breastmilk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.