Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391071 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ejeh121(f): 3:50pm On May 24, 2016
modath:

Bury the feeling of guilt, he is 10 months, some get pregnant at 2-3months and life did not stop.... your breastfeeding him isn't the problem{I've researched and asked knowledgeable people}, the fact that you don't keep enough food down is what is affecting your milk quantity, and quality [richness] and if that is his main meal, he wont't get enough nutrition from that..so he needs to be fed other food more than breast-milk...

What kind of food do you feed him presently?
thank u so much,we actually just started taking Nan2
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ejeh121(f): 3:54pm On May 24, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

If be is 10 months already, he is well and truely ready for weaning. If you have been exclusively breast feeding till now i commend your strenght oh!

Dont feel guilty, think of your health and the little baby growing inside you. If you breakdown, that wont be good for all of you, bump, son, you and hubby. If you end up being hospitalised it is still the same formula, cereal and solids your son will have to be given and the transition will not be as gentle.

Start substituting his feeds with mashed up or pureed food, begin with one meal a day and gradually increase to 3.
You could offer either some baby cereals in the morning for breakfast, some mashed or pureed proper food with veg in the afternoon and some fruit in the evening.

Also introduce him to formula milk so that if you are sick someone else can feed him or If you have enough strenght you could express so that he still gets some breast milk as well.

In the early stages you can still offer the breast / bottle after his food if you are not sure if he is full but he should take less and less of the milk as he eats more solids.

It will shock you that there is a small African man inside him somewhere and after the boy tastes pounded yam/ amala and meat/fish, he will slap your breast away when you offer it to him. grin

Good luck

hahahahahahahahahah,tnx a lot dearie,what and what can I actually mash up 4 him?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 4:07pm On May 24, 2016
ejeh121:
thank u so much,we actually just started taking Nan2

Nan2 is not enough food in my view, you need to add maize/millet/guinea corn pap or packaged cereal.

@stadora

Happy birthday, LLNP, more blessings...

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ejeh121(f): 4:07pm On May 24, 2016
feddy27:

O dear, I am in the same shoes like you are **take a big hug**

No need for guilty feelings

At 10 months, cereals and other solids should be his main meal. for example, my son eats all his cereals and I still breastfeed him. at this point, breastmilk will either serve as appetizer or dessert..lol.

I spoke to my ob/gyn and my son's paed and they both confirmed that it's perfectly ok to breastfeed; it has nothing to do with your growing foetus.

Reduce the breastfeeding, for example, I go to work by 7am so I stopped the early morning breastfeeding and replaced with cereals. He does not breastfeed until I'm back from work by 4pm and then when he wants to go to bed.

Truth is you will feel exhausted at some point, I did but the weaning is even more difficult for me so I've left it to him to wean himself. If he's not willing, I will breastfeed both him and new baby (tandem nursing) grin

He might not be looking as fat as you think but hey, put him on the scale to be sure. for example, when I got pregnant, my mum kept pestering me about weaning him that he's losing weight. I took him for 1yr immunization and he weighted 12kg! so i just stopped bothering myself.

Don't beat yourself too hard, you wil be fine. We are in this together smiley
oooh dear,tnx alot,i actually checked his weight @ his Dr office and he still weighs 14kg,am glad am not alone! Tnx a million!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 5:06pm On May 24, 2016
I Am using cussons baby wash. I don't rub lotion. I was using d oil. But I stop when the rashes was increasing. The rashes started in the clinic.immediately after birth. Noticed it the 3rd day before we were discharged. Showed the dr. She said its normal in children. It will go on its own. I shouldn't use anytin. It is 2 weeks now. The rashes have changed from white to red now. And dy are almost all over her now. M getting so scared. Our next visit is 4 weeks time to d dr. Pls which soap did u start using. And were can I buy d rising powder. I checked d baby stalls near us. Dy didn't have.

ThAnk you so much for ur response.
zaynie:
Rofemiguwa
Maureensylvia

When Atinuke had rashes at birth, I changed her soap, used oil instead of lotion and applied rising raving powder ( i was careful the dust didnt blow anyhow). It cleared in a couple of days.
If you are not sure, kindly take the baby to the hospital so you can be reassured.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 5:17pm On May 24, 2016
Chinwendym:
That's exactly how my ekenes rash is! Was also told its impetigo, seeing his doctor tomorrow sha. The thing just dey annoy me I have stopped using anything on him cept coconut oil. Hopefully the doctor will prescribe something to make it go away fast!
I hope its not something in the chicco sha undecided lipsrsealed since we both use the product.

Please sister, did the coconut oil reduce it. I have coconut oil that I rub on my body but I don't us anytin on my DD. I use only the liquid wash.was using dettol before. I jus change to salvon yesterday.if the coconut oil is helppping lemme start rubbing her too. Biko it breaks my heart to see her skin that way.
How is ekene my ogoo doing. Hope you guys are all fine sve for dis stuPid rashes. I know we will overcome sha.
Kisses to u n fam
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:51pm On May 24, 2016
rofemiguwa:
I Am using cussons baby wash. I don't rub lotion. I was using d oil. But I stop when the rashes was increasing. The rashes started in the clinic.immediately after birth. Noticed it the 3rd day before we were discharged. Showed the dr. She said its normal in children. It will go on its own. I shouldn't use anytin. It is 2 weeks now. The rashes have changed from white to red now. And dy are almost all over her now. M getting so scared. Our next visit is 4 weeks time to d dr. Pls which soap did u start using. And were can I buy d rising powder. I checked d baby stalls near us. Dy didn't have.

ThAnk you so much for ur response.

Cussons baby oil is mineral oil, the body doesnt absorb it and it isnt advisable to use it as body oil.
Why dont you try coconut oil or shea butter.
I was using Aveeno baby wash and shampoo at first, then switched to Boots buh I dont think soap was the cause in my case, it was lotion and heat.
Since no heat now, the rashes should have cleared up.
You can get rising raving powder from those that sell baby things. Most supermarkets dont sell.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 24, 2016
rofemiguwa:

Please sister, did the coconut oil reduce it. I have coconut oil that I rub on my body but I don't us anytin on my DD. I use only the liquid wash.was using dettol before. I jus change to salvon yesterday.if the coconut oil is helppping lemme start rubbing her too. Biko it breaks my heart to see her skin that way.
How is ekene my ogoo doing. Hope you guys are all fine sve for dis stuPid rashes. I know we will overcome sha.
Kisses to u n fam
Yes it's been helpful! Though some are still coming out but the old once I applied it on have smoothened out maybe you should give it a try! its all natural no additive and good for newborn skin.
Ekene is bubbling my waist don hear am from contents bending to Fetch him out of harms way! The guy crawling no get mate. We will overcome it indeed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 6:49pm On May 24, 2016
Goodevening mamas, pls my 13 days old baby has not poo since saturday but farts a lot. Is it normal? My mum has been worried.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 7:45pm On May 24, 2016
ejeh121:
hahahahahahahahahah,tnx a lot dearie,what and what can I actually mash up 4 him?

If you search the thread there have been a few suggestions on foods to introduce. Start with smooth mash/purreed and after a while graduate to mashed with soft lumps before going for choped up soft pieces.

Fruits to mash or puree include:
●Banana
●Apples - cooked in a few spoons of water and blended
●Mangos-
●Pears - cooked like apples
●Watermelon

Vegges include:
●Carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, pasnip, Green Peas - steamed/cooked till soft before mashing
●Avocados
●Sweet potato, Irish potato
●Yam
●Ripe plantain
●Beans - cooked till very soft and mashed ( you may want to wash off the skin as babies dont digest them.....
●Lentils ( i am going to substitute this for beans next time as i no get power to wash beans skin! And once these are cooked a good whisking will pretty much mash it up.
●Spinach or other leafy veg - steamed and blended.

Other foods include
●Eggs- hard boiled (some will say yolk only till a year old)
●Toast - cut into strips that he can hold.
●Oats - make with water, add some milk (either breast or follow-on) this can be sweetened with fruit purees
●Baby cereals- baby rice or creamy porridge
●Adult cereals with no added sugar/salt like shreddies. You can even check weetabix as well- not sure if it has added sugars though

Basically he can eat most things you eat, just cut down on the pepper, salt and seasoning. Pounded yam, amala, semo with draw soup - finely chopped okra seems to be a hit. Avoid rice for now until he is used to eating.

I have given my LO beans and boiled ripe plantain and removed hers before i added the palm oil, and mashed it. I was very judicious with the plantain.

Start with single flavours first before start mixing. This is so that you can notice if he has any allergies to any of the foods. Also focus more on the vegges as it may take a while for him to get used to the new taste. the fruits are naturally sweet so babies tend to take these easier.

Am sure other mamas can add to the list....

Good luck!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 10:05pm On May 24, 2016
Gaily04:
Goodevening mamas, pls my 13 days old baby has not poo since saturday but farts a lot. Is it normal? My mum has been worried.
Pls it's normal, that was how my mum was worried I took him to the hospital doctor said it was normal at first it was 10 days without poo. Now he pops once in 4-5 days. Doctor said it's because of EBF
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 10:35pm On May 24, 2016
FINA4804:
Pls it's normal, that was how my mum was worried I took him to the hospital doctor said it was normal at first it was 10 days without poo. Now he pops once in 4-5 days. Doctor said it's because of EBF

Thanks ma'am, am calm cos my older son had same issue, they had to bring a concoction from the village to give him, don't want any of such now. Will wait and see what happens in coming days. He is on EBF for now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:16pm On May 24, 2016
Gaily04:

Thanks ma'am, am calm cos my older son had same issue, they had to bring a concoction from the village to give him, don't want any of such now. Will wait and see what happens in coming days. He is on EBF for now.

As long as he is on ebf......no shaking wink
You may want to eat lots of veggies nd fruits so you can pass it on to him via bm.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 1:14am On May 25, 2016
Dear mamas @rofemiguwa(hope I got d spelling n chinwendym(spelling too kiss),my baby had rashes wen he was smaller,his started in d hosp too,I was of d mind to liv it b,was using Shea butter(dnt knw if it z original sha grin) den a mother as immunization center told me abt tetmosol baby soap,dat soap did d job.. also rising raving powder too. my baby's own den eh,chei,ppl were asking me wat hapnd to him,bt if u c him now,choi!!! So I dnt knw if u myt try it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ejeh121(f): 6:42am On May 25, 2016
modath:

Nan2 is not enough food in my view, you need to add maize/millet/guinea corn pap or packaged cereal.

@stadora

Happy birthday, LLNP, more blessings...
many tnx dear,i got frisco gold last night and am taking time off work to prepare his maize pap today.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aleesha0815: 7:11am On May 25, 2016
Pls get original coconut oil and use...one of my twinnie had rashes too while we are still at d hospital and it cleared within three days of applying coconut oil....
rofemiguwa:

Kisses to u n fam
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 8:47am On May 25, 2016
Gud mornin Mothers
Thank u so much 4 d wondaful bday wishes and
prayers on my birthday. It reminds me dat my life
is filled with friends and family who loves and
apreciates me.
I say Thanks again 4 d love n suport that you continue 2 show me, not only on my bday, but on all d days of my life.
GOD bless You all.

pls there s this baby fruit puree product callled PURITY, It has different types like apple, carrot, mangoes, etc. I saw it ystday @ shoprite.
pls Wo knows abt it and has used it b4. how was it n is it Gud 4 babies? how can 1 gv it 2 a baby.
pls those that knows abt this purity should help me out.
thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nttb(f): 9:26am On May 25, 2016
Hi mamas, my baby is 4mths plus, she s on ebf. pls can i start to giv her water or shud wait after 6mth?.tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 11:15am On May 25, 2016
Happy Bday @stadora,may God's mercy b upon u,may u av cause 2celebrate more of dis day in peace,luv&joy..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:29am On May 25, 2016
stadora:
Gud mornin Mothers
Thank u so much 4 d wondaful bday wishes and
prayers on my birthday. It reminds me dat my life
is filled with friends and family who loves and
apreciates me.
I say Thanks again 4 d love n suport that you continue 2 show me, not only on my bday, but on all d days of my life.
GOD bless You all.

pls there s this baby fruit puree product callled PURITY, It has different types like apple, carrot, mangoes, etc. I saw it ystday @ shoprite.
pls Wo knows abt it and has used it b4. how was it n is it Gud 4 babies? how can 1 gv it 2 a baby.
thanks

Hbd dear.
I wish you longlife, good health, happiness and prosperity.

Purity is ok.
Whenever buying those pureed fruits in glass jars, please check the lid ( it has to be flat and not raised) to be sure that it is still intact.
And dont open until u are ready to feed baby.
Kisses to your son kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 12:01pm On May 25, 2016
stadora:
Gud mornin Mothers
Thank u
thanks
I have Purity mixed grain and my baby have been taking it without any problem. It's good I guess just like most other brand. I don't know about the puréed fruit.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 12:49pm On May 25, 2016
zaynie:

Hbd dear.
I wish you longlife, good health, happiness and prosperity.

Purity is ok.
Whenever buying those pureed fruits in glass jars, please check the lid ( it has to be flat and not raised) to be sure that it is still intact.
And dont open until u are ready to feed baby.
Kisses to your son kiss

@stadora, purity cereal is nice, my baby has been taking purity for long nd she loves it. The purity i got is in cartoon, in silver nylon from shoprite sebi it is the same purity abi is there fake
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 1:50pm On May 25, 2016
mumsgirl27:

@stadora, purity cereal is nice, my baby has been taking purity for long nd she loves it. The purity i got is in cartoon, in silver nylon from shoprite sebi it is the same purity abi is there fake

I don't tink its d same oo, d 1 I saw was fruit puree in small glass jar. I tink d company has diferent food n fruit products for babies.
here is d pix of d 1 I saw
@ mumsgirl, pls how do u give it to your lo, directly frm d jar or wil it b cooked. heard it can b refrigerated after openin bt do u no 4 how long?
thanks

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maureensylvia(f): 1:54pm On May 25, 2016
MetroTee:

Thank you @stadora and @soonest. Starting treatment immediately this morning with anti fungal cream and shea butter. I'm just praying catching it in time will get rid of it sooner rather than later

How is ur baby now? have d rashes cleared
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 3:16pm On May 25, 2016
stadora:

I don't tink its d same oo, d 1 I saw was fruit puree in small glass jar. I tink d company has diferent food n fruit products for babies.
here is d pix of d 1 I saw
@ mumsgirl, pls how do u give it to your lo, directly frm d jar or wil it b cooked. heard it can b refrigerated after openin bt do u no 4 how long?
thanks

What I do is to scope the quantity my baby can finish in a small bowl nd place the bowl in hot water for it to get warm nd yes, u can refrigerate it but for few days I think. But am no longer giving her this type, the one we are on now is the cereal( it's in a dry form like gerber cereal). I will post the pix tomorrow.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 7:31pm On May 25, 2016
Pls I went to a pharmacy to get baby tetomosol. The guy gave me normal tetemosol. I reject it. Pls can u post a pic if u have any. The guy was arguing with me that adult tetmosol is d only one dy have. I will go to another pharmacy tomorrow.
Pls I want a pack so I can show dem. Thank u.

Started with the coconut oil today. Watching her like a hawk.praying everytin clears out. God help me.

beyedew:
Dear mamas @rofemiguwa(hope I got d spelling n chinwendym(spelling too kiss),my baby had rashes wen he was smaller,his started in d hosp too,I was of d mind to liv it b,was using Shea butter(dnt knw if it z original sha grin) den a mother as immunization center told me abt tetmosol baby soap,dat soap did d job.. also rising raving powder too. my baby's own den eh,chei,ppl were asking me wat hapnd to him,bt if u c him now,choi!!! So I dnt knw if u myt try it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 4:51am On May 26, 2016
mumsgirl27:

What I do is to scope the quantity my baby can finish in a small bowl nd place the bowl in hot water for it to get warm nd yes, u can refrigerate it but for few days I think. But am no longer giving her this type, the one we are on now is the cereal( it's in a dry form like gerber cereal). I will post the pix tomorrow.

k maam, thank u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MetroTee: 5:53am On May 26, 2016
maureensylvia:

How is ur baby now? have d rashes cleared

Yes o @maureenaylvia Everything cleared and she is much better now. Skin is back to original smiley Thanks so much for checking xx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CoolOne1: 7:21am On May 26, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Pls I went to a pharmacy to get baby tetomosol. The guy gave me normal tetemosol. I reject it. Pls can u post a pic if u have any. The guy was arguing with me that adult tetmosol is d only one dy have. I will go to another pharmacy tomorrow.
Pls I want a pack so I can show dem. Thank u.

Started with the coconut oil today. Watching her like a hawk.praying everytin clears out. God help me.

. Baby tetmosol is in a pink packet with a picture of a baby on it. That's what I use on my son after our Sebamed Soap finished cos we were gifted with a carton..BTW..I love ur "take on the mata" wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 8:54am On May 26, 2016
Thanks dear. I will look for it today. How are you n fam? Hope great.
CoolOne1:
. Baby tetmosol is in a pink packet with a picture of a baby on it. That's what I use on my son after our Sebamed Soap finished cos we were gifted with a carton..BTW..I love ur "take on the mata" wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shiller(f): 10:55am On May 26, 2016
since shes on EBF no need of giving water till 6mnths,it said shes getn enough water in ur bm.......me we startd siping small small water frm 5mnths.
nttb:
Hi mamas, my baby is 4mths plus, she s on ebf. pls can i start to giv her water or shud wait after 6mth?.tanx

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nttb(f): 12:42pm On May 26, 2016
since shes on EBF no need of giving water till 6mnths,it said shes getn enough water in ur bm.......me we startd siping small small water frm 5mnths.

Alright,thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.