Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4390990 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MadameU: 9:46pm On Jun 23, 2016
@rezzy, don't remember how old your Little one is but is his Nose stuffy? You could use a few drops of Silver bird Eucalyptus oil, put a drop in your his bathing water, and a drop on the sides of his bed or close to where he head is placed when asleep, it helps clear the nose.
Another thing that may help is Palm kernel oil, some folks rub it on the babys body , others use a cotton bud to dab the PKO and place in the nostrils just at the edge. It dries out the catarrh. I hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
Goood day mums and dads.I trust our cuties re OK?
Pls my 8 months old princess is not chubby @all,she Hates milk and any food that's sweet or mixed with milk in fact,she throws up once it enters her mouth.
Her favorite is cow Nd gate plain rice.so most times I mix it with Gerber cereals.I still breastfeed and I spoonfeed her cos hates feeding bottle too.
Pls how do I boost her weight.cos she doesn't really look her age.
PS.I fed soilds her 4 times a day.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 11:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
ijeoma2728:
Pls my 8 months old princess is not chubby @all,she Hates milk and any food that's sweet or mixed with milk in fact,she throws up once it enters her mouth.
Her favorite is cow Nd gate plain rice.so most times I mix it with Gerber cereals.I still breastfeed and I spoonfeed her cos hates feeding bottle too.

not every baby will be chubby dear! genetic composition plys a huge part in determining a baby's size.

Does she eat well? Is she hitting her milestones? is she the right weight for her age?

That is what you should focus on!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 11:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
ayobarmy:
Mayday! Mayday!! Mayday!!! This thing on my Son's face has refused to go away, despite all I have used, the doc gave us some antibiotics, he has finished it yet it's still there....... Plsss helpppppppppp

Looks like impetigo. read back a few pages you should find some tips for managing it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 11:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
rezzy:
Good day mamas, hope our babies are doing fine?

My baby has catarrh, when he breathes, I hear sound and I think the catarrh is in his chest. He coughed it out on Monday but it has come again. How do I help him?

I started given him vitamin c yesterday.

I don't know how best to explain it but I think his chest is congested shocked shocked

Thanks ma

Try the eucalyptus drops suggested by MadameU and also steam inhalation if you know how to manage that!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Topeju: 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2016
Good afternoon beautiful moms,am a new member and so in love with this thread,I hope am welcomed??

14 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 24, 2016
Topeju:
Good afternoon beautiful moms,am a new member and so in love with this thread,I hope am welcomed??
Yes you aregrin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rabola1(f): 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2016
Topeju:
You r highly welcomed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
Babythug, MadameU, liftedhands, kendraloops,.

Thanks ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nickair(f): 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
blank:

I am not a fan of Tommy Tippee. Can you look for other shapes of teat? Sometimes, it might be the teat shape and not the texture.

Also, you can try a different approach. Don't be around when your baby is being bottle fed. Leave it for your mum to do and don't give her breast no matter how hard she cries. If not, she will think that as long as she protests long enough, she will get what she wants. BM is sweeter than formula.
@ Blank: thanks soo much for the advise! It worked well.
I didn't realise how attached I was to my dd until I had to leave her alone for 4 hours with my mum o. Don't know how I will be when she starts creche.

I introduced expressed BM in bottle first and gradually introduced the formula and it worked like magic, I also had to change the teat size and type to Avent.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hello Mamas. My dd who ll be 6 months by tomorrow does not bear weight on her feet.
She only stands on tip toe just for a few seconds. She mostly just smiles and falls to her knees when I try to make her stand. undecided
She is a preemie and has bow legs. I don't know if that is relevant.
Cc: Zaynie
Liftedhands
Kaffy4bill
Alphamaidenhand
Rchilee
All sabi mamas
Thanks as I await your reply.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 9:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
faithisallihave:
Hello Mamas. My dd who ll be 6 months by tomorrow does not bear weight on her feet.
She only stands on tip toe just for a few seconds. She mostly just smiles and falls to her knees when I try to make her stand. undecided
Liftedhands
Kaffy4bill
Alphamaidenhand
Rchilee
All sabi mamas

Give it time sis
They sure develop @ diff pace
My love to her

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
faithisallihave:
Liftedhands
Kaffy4bill
Alphamaidenhand
Rchilee
All sabi mamas

6 months is quite early for babies to stand. Most dont do it till about 9 months or even older, even when holding on to something.
As mama Kaffy4bill has said.... all babies are different and develope at a different rates so give it time.

Dont worry, When she starts standing and using your television to do ladder you will wish for the more "stationary" times.. cheesy

If she is closer to a year old and you are still concerned take her to your peadiatician for assessment.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CFCNigeria(m): 9:00am On Jun 25, 2016
Which baby powder do you use? Fertility Centers in Nigeria i use Agnesia baby powder for my baby's heat rashes and its works well. apply every morning and evening especially after bath. it comes in an unattractive red container. i was a bit skeptical when my husband bought it home cos i'm only familiar with johnson, pears and nycil brands. but this one works well, cleared all the prickly heat within a week.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rchilee: 10:54am On Jun 25, 2016
faithisallihave:
Liftedhands
Kaffy4bill
Alphamaidenhand
Rchilee
All sabi mamas

Dear faithisallihave

I was going to pm you today to congratulate your daughter and mine on their half year birthday.
At 6months I do not allow her to stand for more than a second or two. Her legs are not strong yet and I focus more on sitting and crawling which she is doing at her pace.
Seems all kids do not have straight legs...like madam Zaynie said once, their legs were folded in the womb for 9months definitely will take a year or two to look straight. Or you may consult your pead to be rest assured.

My baby wears '12 months' baby clothes at 6months....all the one year shopping that was done for her tho.. grin

Hippie. ..going for photoshoot and shop for cereals and baby food.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 25, 2016
Kaffy4bill, Alphamaidenhand, Liftedhands, rchilee, Zaynie thanks for answering my question. I was worried because some mamas in my office were alarmed that she couldn't stand on her feet at 6 months. They even suggested getting a walker for her.
rchilee, can't believe it's six months already.
I just came back from shopping for baby food too. I got Nutribom cereal, millet/soya beans, bowls, spoons and cups. An exciting milestone indeed.
Wow, your baby must be a big girl. Mine weighed 6.6 kg at 5 months, 2 weeks. She sits fairlywell but no attempt at crawling yet. Babbles a lot too.
May we live to enjoy the fruit of our labour.

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 4:25pm On Jun 25, 2016
Topeju:
U are so much welcomed mama, enjoy d thread n God bles your lo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2016
So happy 2 finally be back. Well done mamas. My 15 month old son is yet to work unsupported. Pls is dere anything I can do more 2 get him to walk on his own? I don't wait tire.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by firsttymum(f): 7:38pm On Jun 25, 2016
Mamas thanks for the other day
I'm blowing kisses

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 11:27pm On Jun 25, 2016
babythug:

not every baby will be chubby dear! genetic composition plys a huge part in determining a baby's size.

Does she eat well? Is she hitting her milestones? is she the right weight for her age?

That is what you should focus on!

Thank you plenty.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutestmummy: 11:37pm On Jun 25, 2016
FexCathy:
So happy 2 finally be back. Well done mamas. My 15 month old son is yet to work unsupported. Pls is dere anything I can do more 2 get him to walk on his own? I don't wait tire.
leave my baby alone oh undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 9:48am On Jun 26, 2016
Nickair:

@ Blank: thanks soo much for the advise! It worked well.
I didn't realise how attached I was to my dd until I had to leave her alone for 4 hours with my mum o. Don't know how I will be when she starts creche.

I introduced expressed BM in bottle first and gradually introduced the formula and it worked like magic, I also had to change the teat size and type to Avent.

You're welcome. It's what worked for my 2 boys. I didn't even use Avent. I went to Shoprite and saw a bottle that had all manner of teats, long, short, fat, inverted, etc. I picked the one close to mine and they took it very well.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 11:38am On Jun 26, 2016
cutestmummy:
leave my baby alone oh undecided
Lol! OK o!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 2:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
faithisallihave:
Kaffy4bill, Alphamaidenhand, Liftedhands, rchilee, Zaynie thanks for answering my question. I was worried because some mamas in my office were alarmed that she couldn't stand on her feet at 6 months. They even suggested getting a walker for her.
rchilee, can't believe it's six months already.
I just came back from shopping for baby food too. I got Nutribom cereal, millet/soya beans, bowls, spoons and cups. An exciting milestone indeed.
Wow, your baby must be a big girl. Mine weighed 6.6 kg at 5 months, 2 weeks. She sits fairlywell but no attempt at crawling yet. Babbles a lot too.
May we live to enjoy the fruit of our labour.

I hear seven seas cod liver oil helps to strengthen bones in little children. You can incorporate that just to help aid but really six months is early to expect her to stand!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:54pm On Jun 26, 2016
babythug:

I hear seven seas cod liver oil helps to strengthen bones in little children. You can incorporate that just to help aid but really six months is early to expect her to stand!
also for good eyesight ma, it was recommended for my son when he was having left watery eye, though I noticed it from birth. Massaging and d seven seas did d wonder, complementing with Titus fish.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2016
babythug:

Ok! Is it to be ingested or used topically? Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IryNky: 1:23am On Jun 27, 2016
Topeju:
Welcome sis
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:22am On Jun 27, 2016
faithisallihave:

Ok! Is it to be ingested or used topically? Thanks.
Its a supplement o to be taken like normal baby syrup. Just follow the dosage.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by koredeeniola(f): 10:38am On Jun 27, 2016
Thanks @everybody am relieved nw,d mama dat askd hw I made him eat, he refuse to take pap so I tried our amala nd ewedu nd he enjoys it nd I also cook irish potato nd mash it for him,I also giv him indomie nd egg yolk bt d indomie is witout d seasoning sha
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 27, 2016
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 27, 2016
comtem2011:
Its a supplement o to be taken like normal baby syrup. Just follow the dosage.
Ok! Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stadora(f): 11:12am On Jun 27, 2016
ijeoma2728:
my dear, we are bot in dsame shoes. Even sm1 saw my lo som days ago n said he looks like a 5 months. But my consolation is that he s weight is normal, 8.6kg as at last week. He s also very strong n active. He has d strengt of a 1yr n always hapy. So i dnt boda much about his size. Besides al fingers can neva b equal.
So chilax my dear, she is fine. God bles her

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.