Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,793 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4385237 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
rofemiguwa:

Thank you mama. I will go get them .shebi i can walk into any pharmacy and just ask for breastfeeding vitamins.

Yes you can.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AdaBiafra(f): 6:51am On Jul 24, 2016
Gudmorning Mamas in the house, what can i give to my 10months old ds to make his bone strong. Whenever he manage to hold on to something and get up, his legs will be shaking. Need ur response urgently.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 7:10am On Jul 24, 2016
AdaBiafra:
Gudmorning Mamas in the house, what can i give to my 10months old ds to make his bone strong. Whenever he manage to hold on to something and get up, his legs will be shaking. Need ur response urgently.

How long has he been able to stand? If it's only recently, it's normal for the legs to be a bit shaky and wobbly as he is still learning to find his balance and get used to the "feeling" that he can actually stand.

Sometimes it's also due to fear/confidence. Being able to stand with support is a major milestone and it takes a few attempts, falls and bumps for your baby to get used to standing supported or unsupported confidently.

That said, what is his feeding like? Is he still on milk? Formula or breast milk? I personally believe that babies should be on milk (breast milk or formula or preferably both) for the first 12 months of their life. This is because they need all the calcium they can get from milk. Calcium is vital in babies for strong bones as well as growth. For example, my son gets at least 100ml of formula at least four times a day. This is minus morning, evening and night time breast milk. He took his first walking steps unaided (although wobbly at the time) at 9 months.

If he's not drinking formula, do you add formula to his cereals? What is his source of calcium?

If you can get his feeding right and ensure he has a steady source of calcium, you do not need any drugs/multivitamin. With time (next few weeks), he will be able to stand confidently and also start taking his first few steps.

If however you are sure he has a steady source of calcium, then speak to your peadrictrian to prescribe a calcium supplement for you (which I really doubt they will).

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AdaBiafra(f): 12:50pm On Jul 24, 2016
helovesme:

How long has he been able to stand? If it's only recently, it's normal for the legs to be a bit shaky and wobbly as he is still learning to find his balance and get used to the "feeling" that he can actually stand.

Sometimes it's also due to fear/confidence. Being able to stand with support is a major milestone and it takes a few attempts, falls and bumps for your baby to get used to standing supported or unsupported confidently.

That said, what is his feeding like? Is he still on milk? Formula or breast milk? I personally believe that babies should be on milk (breast milk or formula or preferably both) for the first 12 months of their life. This is because they need all the calcium they can get from milk. Calcium is vital in babies for strong bones as well as growth. For example, my son gets at least 100ml of formula at least four times a day. This is minus morning, evening and night time breast milk. He took his first walking steps unaided (although wobbly at the time) at 9 months.

If he's not drinking formula, do you add formula to his cereals? What is his source of calcium?

If you can get his feeding right and ensure he has a steady source of calcium, you do not need any drugs/multivitamin. With time (next few weeks), he will be able to stand confidently and also start taking his first few steps.

If however you are sure he has a steady source of calcium, then speak to your peadrictrian to prescribe a calcium supplement for you (which I really doubt they will).

Tanz 4 ur response ma am, its actually recently he starts standing with support.
I thought may be his bones are not strong enough.
He feeds every 3hours and he's not on bm, he stops bm on his own at 4months. He is on formula and he don't like drinking it ordinarily so, i make sure i put enough milk in his cereals.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pricelessV: 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
pls my wonderful mothers help me.my baby 9months old have been having watery poo since Wednesday, have given Flagyl but it continued, a pharmacist gave me DIASTOP. but for the past three days now it is the same pls.does anyone know any remedy thanks in anticipation
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2016
AdaBiafra:
lol. mama its nt because his bones are not strong. its all part of d development.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
pricelessV:
pls my wonderful mothers help me.my baby 9months old have been having watery poo since Wednesday, have given Flagyl but it continued, a pharmacist gave me DIASTOP. but for the past three days now it is the same pls.does anyone know any remedy thanks in anticipation
pls stop flagyl, and diastop and take ur baby to d hsptl. u shldnt self medicate for this long. diarrhoea kills esp in children. treat as urgent pls.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2016
Gudday mamas,abeg my Lo has bn vomiting 2day,though he is stil active ,wat cud be d cause,help a FTM,
cc Zaynie,Liftedhands &oda sabi mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
happymama:
Gudday mamas,abeg my Lo has bn vomiting 2day,though he is stil active ,wat cud be d cause,help a FTM,
cc Zaynie,Liftedhands &oda sabi mamas

Hw old is ur LO? If below 3 months n not over fed then its normal bt make sure that you bulb well after each feeds. Other mamas will chuck mouth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
pricelessV:
I'm not in support of self medication and will not endorse it! Take your baby to the hospital for a proper evaluation and treatment.

happymama:
cc Zay.nie,Lifted.hands &oda sabi mamas
See a doctor if it's frequent and can't keep any food down.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tyconcepts(f): 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2016
Sorry for your loss Zionx....May God console you and give you light at the end of the tunnel.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2016
Help!help!!help!!!
My 13months baby z wearing me out ooo
She z always awake every 4am in the morning...Beating my curtails n pans in the kitchen whilst shouting jesus!jesus!jesus!jesus!jesus!

Oh mummy jesus!jesus!jesus
Now she has added fire fire fire fire fire to the jesus jesus chanting collabo.

Jesus jesus jesus jesus fire fire fire pawpaw pawpaw pawpaw.

Pls what shud i do to cub it!
The painful part was cry zino threw away a rich pot of soup yesterday in this buhari regime cry cry

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by salewa01: 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2016
Aliamdulilahi, from pregnant room to nursing mother room.

Pls senior nursing mother, my baby mouth is full of white things. It be like say d mouth is reacting to something which i don't know,because He was using only vita cee nd multivitamin.
Pls what can i use to clear the mouth

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2016
ahnie:
Help!help!!help!!!
She z always awake every 4am in the morning...Beating my curtails n pans in the kitchen whilst shouting jesus!jesus!jesus!jesus!jesus!

The painful part was cry zino threw away a rich pot of soup yesterday in this buhari regime cry cry
open church for her grin pastor zino.
She's mimicking your church prayers! You attend Mfm or deeper life?

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 5:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
ginababy:

Hw old is ur LO? If below 3 months n not over fed then its normal bt make sure that you bulb well after each feeds. Other mamas will chuck mouth.

Thanks mama,he is 9mnths,

Zionx,so sory 4ur loss,may d Spirit of God comfort u,be strong for Lo

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2016
Liftedhands:

Pls help me.
Lil bae z wearing me out.

What shud i do to curb this!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2016
Liftedhands:

We dont pray "fire,fire or jesus jesus in deeperlife.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:00pm On Jul 24, 2016
ahnie:

Pls help me.
Lil bae z wearing me out.

What shud i do to curb this!
Lock your kitchen door and use cotton wool to close your ear! cool lol grin free the babe ejoor tongue

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:02pm On Jul 24, 2016
ahnie:

We dont pray "fire,fire or jesus jesus in deeperlife.
Where could she have learnt it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
salewa01:
Aliamdulilahi, from pregnant room to nursing mother room.

Pls senior nursing mother, my baby mouth is full of white things. It be like say d mouth is reacting to something which i don't know,because He was using only vita cee nd multivitamin.
Pls what can i use to clear the mouth
the mouth or the tongue?

If its d tongue...use a little damp clean towel to clean the tongue gently.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 6:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
Liftedhands:
Where could she have learnt it?

Dunno..beats my imagination.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AdaBiafra(f): 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2016
tchiwinnie:
lol. mama its nt because his bones are not strong. its all part of d development.

I thought as much ma am. Tanz anyway...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2016
Liftedhands:

You took the words right out of my mouth! grin grin
I hope she wont start shouting...... Die! Die!! Die!!!

LWKMD!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
Ahnie and Zino no go kill person o..... cheesy.

In other news, I went Pinteresting..... wink

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 10:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
ahnie:
Help!help!!help!!!

What calms her down when she starts? If its food ensure its nearby so when she wakes you feed straight up. Though I'd prefer you give something like milk or milo or even plain old water. How is she able to navigate to the kitchen at that time? Dont you shut doors or turn off lights? You can begin to do that too for her safety so she doesn't get herself hurt!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 10:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
ahnie:
Help!help!!help!!!

LMAO! Abeg lock ur kitchen door. There's little or nothing u can do to curb it. Just enjoy while it lasts cheesy

That's the same way my lo wears me out too. My own problem now is how to wean him. The guy dey suck oh, dey drag my bweast anyhow. O ti sun mi.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 10:37pm On Jul 24, 2016
Liftedhands:
I'm not in support of self medication and will not endorse it! Take your baby to the hospital for a proper evaluation and treatment.

See a doctor if it's frequent and can't keep any food down.
thanks maam,d vomiting has stopd,though he hs refusd oda fuds apa 4rm breastmilk

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by remiologi(f): 10:46pm On Jul 24, 2016
I produce Ogi/pap in a Semi Solid form.
Yellow Maize spiced with Ginger Garlic n cloves
White Maize spiced with Ginger Garlic n cloves
Brown Sorghum ( ogi baba) spiced with Crayfish + Dryfish ideal for babies
Brown Sorghum ( ogi baba) spiced with Irish Potatoes. Ideal for babies
Brown Sorghum spiced with Groundnuts ideal for babies
Brown Sorghum + Soya BBM ideal for babies.

All available in Small Medium n Family Size
Whatsapp....08054773468, BBM 2bc0ade1
Delivery : A week after order as been made. This is for a good fermentation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 11:59pm On Jul 24, 2016
ahnie:
Help!help!!help!!!

Check around whether there is mfm close by. If none, then she is a pastor Mrs in the making. Just take her to bible college.

During the time I delivered, my mum takes Zino to mfm, when they return, my son will begin to demonstrate with his hands. Dieee, Dieee, break break break.

The mfm is directly opposite my house. Any time they are having vigil, he will just wake up, and begin to pray and shake his head, Dieee dieee. I have so many videos of him praying

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 12:06am On Jul 25, 2016
ahnie:
Help!help!!help!!!

Bia mummy Zino, leave me let me sleep this night ooo, laf wan throw me for ground ooo grin. You and Zino are supposed to be acting comedy film. Ahhhh
Sorry for your pot of soup.
But what can you do , maybe feed her heavily at night so she can sleep till day break, lock your kitchen door or remove those things out of her reach. Just thank your GOD that soup didn't wound zino

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:10am On Jul 25, 2016
ozycy:

Bia mummy Zino, leave me let me sleep this night ooo, laf wan throw me for ground ooo grin. You and Zino are supposed to be acting comedy film. Ahhhh
Sorry for your pot of soup.
But what can you do , maybe feed her heavily at night so she can sleep till day break, lock your kitchen door or remove those things out of her reach. Just thank your GOD that soup didn't wound zino

O God!
I don laugh tire for here o..
How soup wan take wound Zino?

Rezzy! Abeg no make me laugh! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Freelancer007(m): 5:21am On Jul 25, 2016
Breastmilk is the best meal for your baby at least in the first six months of life. Learn simple ways to increase breastmilk supply naturally

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.