Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,966 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4385509 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mogbomoya: 6:12pm On Oct 21, 2012
@ house, my baby boy is 2 & half mths. Am returning back to work & decided to introduce formula. I bought Nan 1. He took the bottle happily. After 2days, he developed diarrhea. I stopped the formula immediately but still d diarrhea is persistent. I plan taking him to d hospital tomorrow but still any advice wld be appreciated.

NB: I prepared the formula & washed & sterilised d bottles, so I dont think its a case of hygeine. The diarrhea started on friday evening.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dominique(f): 8:41am On Oct 22, 2012
^^^not all babies are alike. Some readily take to formula, some don't. maybe his system is not ready for formula at this stage. I'll suggest you don't introduce any other formula to him. Let him continue on breastmilk till he's at least 4 months old.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:32am On Oct 23, 2012
ayobarmy: Pls iis this salt water u are talking about, the same as the oral dehydration stuff?

It's a nasal drop and it also comes in a spray too(it's administered into the nose), It clears any nasal congestion. Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:43am On Oct 23, 2012
mogbomoya: @ house, my baby boy is 2 & half mths. Am returning back to work & decided to introduce formula. I bought Nan 1. He took the bottle happily. After 2days, he developed diarrhea. I stopped the formula immediately but still d diarrhea is persistent. I plan taking him to d hospital tomorrow but still any advice wld be appreciated.

NB: I prepared the formula & washed & sterilised d bottles, so I dont think its a case of hygeine. The diarrhea started on friday evening.

I agree with Dominique bout continuous breast milk, however if you're having a hard time with expression and getting enough milk, you can do half and half( with formula example 2oz of b-milk with 2oz of formula), it works great and trains the baby's tummy to align with the formula, and then you can give formula later.

I gave all my kids formula till they're 2 years( Enfamil birth-6m & similac 6-24m respectively ) and then to Homo milk, still they reacted to homo milk the first couple of weeks, 95% of human being will react in any way to any foreign substance in their body. Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hannydarl(f): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2012
Try mixing regular mentholatum with some sheabutter and rub on his chest. Cos his little nose is being frequently cleaned it may be tender and craked due to natural oil on the skin being cleaned off when his leaky nose is wiped.so, rub some small amount of shea butter around his tiny nose too. At night before bedtime if the room is not too hot rub some mentholatum on the soles of his feet and put his socks. Get a tube big enough to fit in his nose and use it to suck the catarh out. That bulb syringe stuff doesnt work well for me. Get him baby nasal spray and spray when his nose is blocked.
Please don't put mentholatum in baby's nose. If you must, mix one part mentholatum to two part shea butter and rub on the tip of his nose.

Here,s a pic of what I use to clear my kids noses. Though a tube alone can do the trick.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sweettweet: 11:46am On Oct 25, 2012
@mogbomoya, y nt try to keep ur baby close to whr u work, ds will make bosomfeeding easier if baby's reactin to formula.
I am a workin mom too. I express wht am abl to in d morn b4 goin to work and I go during lunch (12-1.30) to feed him again.
@ any rate, get doc's advice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
tnx y'all for d advice. she's on pap nw. she hate oatmeal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 10:27pm On Oct 27, 2012
I read this thread from the very first post to the last probably out of curiousity. I know its not going to be easy with twins but with this thread, I have an idea of what to expect. Creams, formulars, sleeping positions, breast feeding tips etc. The list is endless but in all, I've learnt a lot. Kudos to all the mums out there and thanks for sharing. Cant wait for my babies to arrive so I can join this thread officially.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 7:09am On Oct 28, 2012
Blendy77: I read this thread from the very first post to the last probably out of curiousity. I know its not going to be easy with twins but with this thread, I have an idea of what to expect. Creams, formulars, sleeping positions, breast feeding tips etc. The list is endless but in all, I've learnt a lot. Kudos to all the mums out there and thanks for sharing. Cant wait for my babies to arrive so I can join this thread officially.
you will be highly welkom bcuz our umbrella is bigger than the pdp's......

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 8:13am On Oct 28, 2012
@blendy, its nice 2 see u on board. U will deliver ur babies safely like d hebrew woman. . . Amen
@agoha vivi, u r ryt abt d johnson products. It gave my angel d same reaction as ur baby. I had to get cussons baby soap n it stopd almost imm. Now i m using it with shea butter and coconut oil.
Pls i ll also want to knw hw far apart is d first Bcg immunization to the next. , is it 2wks apart or a month apart?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 5:49pm On Oct 28, 2012
Omogemi its actually 6 weeks apart, the subsequent ones are then a month apart.
That is after bcg the next immunization is @6 weeks, then the next is @10 weeks, then 14weeks; after that its vit A @6 months.
I'll advise you to expect your baby to be feverish and restless so please get a bottle of paracetamol and take it with you to the hospital, give your baby 0.3mls immediately after the immunization so as to reduce the effect of the drug.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 29, 2012
it depens on d clinic routine for immunization. my clinic gives bcg at birth den 4wks, 6wks, 10wks, 14wks, 6mons, etc. so omogemi find out frm ur clinic wen next is ur immunization. also some clinic stop immiunization @ 15mons while some wil continue til 6 yrs so dats why i said it depends on d clinic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 29, 2012
mothers pls i need help. my baby,s skin is breaking out n has patches, which made her skin dry. i rub her chicco moisturising cream. is dere anyfin i can do or switch over to eliminate or reduce its appearance?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joymary7(f): 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
Julesbloom: mothers pls i need help. my baby,s skin is breaking out n has patches, which made her skin dry. i rub her chicco moisturising cream. is dere anyfin i can do or switch over to eliminate or reduce its appearance?
. ‎​i use avent baby lotion, powder and oil on my baby and he is 3 months old now and has never had any rashes. ‎​i also use booth baby soap on him too. ‎​i think u shld try tht

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
joymary7: . ‎​i use avent baby lotion, powder and oil on my baby and he is 3 months old now and has never had any rashes. ‎​i also use booth baby soap on him too. ‎​i think u shld try tht
tnx so much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2012
@maran, julesboom she was given her 1st immunizatn on 22 oct n my nxt appointment is 4th Dec. She ws given in a Public Health facility. Is d dat nt too far? Coz i m quite worryd.
As for d skin patches, sometimes these foreign things may b too harsh 4 their skin or it may b a particular ingredient. Try cussons baby soap. Its very mild. I use it with Ori(shea butter).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
omogemi: @maran, julesboom she was given her 1st immunizatn on 22 oct n my nxt appointment is 4th Dec. She ws given in a Public Health facility. Is d dat nt too far? Coz i m quite worryd.
As for d skin patches, sometimes these foreign things may b too harsh 4 their skin or it may b a particular ingredient. Try cussons baby soap. Its very mild. I use it with Ori(shea butter).
do u rub d ori on ur baby skin? my baby is fair, can it darken her if i use it?
private clinics n health centers operate differently wen it cums to immunization.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 4:14pm On Oct 29, 2012
@julesboom, it wont darken her. It will only clean her skin and make it soft. I use it for my baby after i tried to use johnson products wch reacted on her skin. The ori is helping to heal her skin as well as makin her skin supple n soft.
I also used it on my skin during pregnancy to prevent stretch marks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
ok tnx

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 6:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
Mummies pls wish of the milks can i mix with pap,for my guy{six months plus} bcuz my wife seems too buzy to prepare other foods.'
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
u can buy stage 2 NaN milk, stage 2 sma milk or frisco Gold cream. dere r lots of milk in the market but dnt give peak milk 123.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dudugirl01(f): 11:33pm On Oct 29, 2012
Its not a matter of being lazy ooo, I mix my baby's pap with cow and gate 2
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 9:30am On Oct 30, 2012
Thanks dudu and jul, but how about golden morn
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dudugirl01(f): 9:52am On Oct 30, 2012
Plss don't, golden morn isn't suitable for babies under 3 years, its written on the pack
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 10:34am On Oct 30, 2012
Dudugirl01: Plss don't, golden morn isn't suitable for babies under 3 years, its written on the pack
thanks dear, how is our wife doing
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dudugirl01(f): 12:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
You're welcome, she's fine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
@ayo u can give cerelac cereal for stage1 which is frm 6 months, dere r varieties of it so u can make a choice.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 2:15pm On Oct 30, 2012
omogemi: @maran, julesboom she was given her 1st immunizatn on 22 oct n my nxt appointment is 4th Dec. She ws given in a Public Health facility. Is d dat nt too far? Coz i m quite worryd.
The date is correct, that will be six weeks after the first one.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2012
Julesbloom: mothers pls i need help. my baby,s skin is breaking out n has patches, which made her skin dry. i rub her chicco moisturising cream. is dere anyfin i can do or switch over to eliminate or reduce its appearance?
Are you sure its not the ella thing I was telling blank about the other time? To be on the safe side take the baby to the hospital or let a matured and experienced woman look @the skin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 30, 2012
maran1983:
Are you sure its not the ella thing I was telling blank about the other time? To be on the safe side take the baby to the hospital or let a matured and experienced woman look @the skin
ok tnx.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2012
Hi mums, thanks for always been there, but pls i dont want my boy to be taking just the pap, is there no other easy to prepare food i can add to it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ednutey(f): 9:35pm On Oct 31, 2012
U can give him noodles and egg make it very soft also amala/semo with ewedu n titus fish
All dis n more I give 2 moi gal of 7plus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.