Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (639) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391034 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmykay(f): 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
Happy Sunday to all Sabi mamas and papas,my lo is using his fingers to inch his gums and I was told to use teething powder,pls how safe is it and is it advisable to use,he will be 5months next week
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 3:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
blank:

You can go to Oando filling station by 4th roundabout. There is one book store there. Really nice and they have other stuff as well. The prices are also reasonable. They have some kid's things on sale. Some books were 450, 550 and all were new.

that's true, I forgot that place. I keep saying I'll go there o. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
evamum:

Thanks mama, I have the fisher price cradle and swing, been putting her on it but she never fall asleep on it. In fact she doesn't stay upto 5 minute even with the swing, music and light on it.

How early did you start using it? We are 7weeks, is it too early?

7 weeks it should be fine to put her into a rocker/bouncer... most of them say from birth. .

Children are funny atimes so Try the bouncer without all the orisirisi functions of swing, music, vibrate, lights et al.

My daughter absolutely hated the vibrate function on her manual bouncer and in the early days she prefered the manual one that you will be using your leg to rock like old school tailor to the funky rocker that we had that used electricity..... she was at least 3 months before she agreed to stay for any lenght of time in the funky rocker.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2016
Tojued:

That sounds like my lo, he has only ever fallen asleep in his bouncer once. And immediately he woke up and realised where he was he started wailing.

grin grin grin grin These children sef
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
helovesme:

In addition to what everyone has said, what body oil/lotion/skin butter do you use on her skin as that also might be responsible for the sweating. Try another oil/lotion/skin butter and see if it stops.

I use sheabutter mixed with coconut oil but after her evening bath I dont use anything on her body but sweat still persist
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
BritneyStacy:

I can't wait for 6weeks to come oo so he can be weighed . He can finish 100ml of expressed breast milk at a go.

Lol. Yiu need extra brezz be that. God isnour strength

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2016
comtem2011:
Same here my sister, mamas here told me that nothing is wrong and I worry not again.
Meanwhile, keep him hydrated.

I worry not again too grin thanks for responding
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2016
dp but will modify
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
phunmykay:
Happy Sunday to all Sabi mamas and papas,my lo is using his fingers to inch his gums and I was told to use teething powder,pls how safe is it and is it advisable to use,he will be 5months next week

No, teething powders are not recommended or considered safe. If you look up Teething Powders with the Search function, you'll be able to read plenty of discussions about it. HTH.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
BritneyStacy:

I can't wait for 6weeks to come oo so he can be weighed . He can finish 100ml of expressed breast milk at a go.

Hahaha 100ml of breastmilk at a go? I assure you it's only in your eyes he's looking small. Please relax your mind.

My lo can barely finish 30ml in one sitting, highest he's had is 50ml and his growth chart is okay.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 8:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
Whartsap preferred.
Thank you
Talon05:

Seen. Someone will reach out to you later today. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 11:14pm On Sep 25, 2016
Hello mamas,

Most of us are asleep ba? No wahala.

Please when is it advisable to introduce liquids outside water to my Baby?

We are 7 months tomorrow, want to know if I can start giving her PediaSure drink or Ribena.

Thank you and Goodnight all.

Cc: Onegai, AlphaHandMaiden, Babythug, soonest, helovesme and other sabi mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 11:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
Pretimum:

Hello mamas,

Most of us must be asleep no wahala.
Please when is it advisable to introduce liquids outside water to my Baby?

We are 7months tomorrow,want to know if I can give her PediaSure drink or Ribena.

Thank you all.

Cc: Onegai,AlphaHandMaiden,Babythug,soonest,helovesme and other Sabina mamas.

Goodnight all.

You can give her but moderately especially the ribena because of the sugar content.

I'd advise you skip caprisonne, sodas-coke etc, bobo for now!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 11:22pm On Sep 25, 2016
babythug:

You can give her but moderately especially the ribena because of the sugar content.
I'd advise you skip caprisonne, sodas-coke etc, bobo for now!

Thank you @ Babythug, will do.

That was quick, was not expecting any reply till tomorrow.

God bless.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lastbornop: 12:10am On Sep 26, 2016
Gud Morning to all sabi mamas!
My LO will b 3weeks by wednesday n he eats a lot. I Planned EBF for him b4 but wif his eating habit had to get formula for him. He can finsh over 120ml at a go, weight 3.9 @ birth n he seems to b gettn big (he's conbining brez milk n formular).
Can I go bck to ebf n still keep him well fed?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 5:37am On Sep 26, 2016
Hello mamas,

Just want to share my review on a product that worked perfectly for my son that always had constipation.

Since birth, he has always had issues passing po.op. I've tried several products, been to different paeds who all said nothing was wrong with his GI system. It worried me a lot cos he strains and cries each time he needs to pass the "do".

So this last night, I researched online and found this suppository ; I remember his paed using a suppository when he was some weeks old. He has been crying intermittently anytime he attempts to pass it. I quickly ran to pharmacy and got Pedialax infant suppository. Once I administered it, in less than 3 mins! everything came out !

I'm sooo excited, my baby can sleep peacefully now..lol

7 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adeime: 6:12am On Sep 26, 2016
My LO was 3.9kg at birth and by 6 weeks he was 5kg and we've been only on EBF so I'd say yes being on EBF will still make your baby look healthy and well fed
lastbornop:
Gud Morning to all sabi mamas!
My LO will b 3weeks by wednesday n he eats a lot. I Planned EBF for him b4 but wif his eating habit had to get formula for him. He can finsh over 120ml at a go, weight 3.9 @ birth n he seems to b gettn big (he's conbining brez milk n formular).
Can I go bck to ebf n still keep him well fed?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adeime: 8:02am On Sep 26, 2016
Good morning mamas as regards the breast milk flow issue i remembered in the pregnancy thread when someone mentioned fenugreek as one of the solutions to boost the flow. However when I Google it is found out online that local name for fenugreek is ewedu......please can our yoruba mamas or any other Maka help verify this claim if it's true or otherwise. Tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 8:43am On Sep 26, 2016
Adeime:
Good morning mamas as regards the breast milk flow issue i remembered in the pregnancy thread when someone mentioned fenugreek as one of the solutions to boost the flow. However when I Google it is found out online that local name for fenugreek is ewedu......please can our yoruba mamas or any other Maka help verify this claim if it's true or otherwise. Tnx

Fenugreek is truly ewedu. If you can cook without neither salt nor locust beans n drink a bowl it definitely helps with breast milk flow. Fennel oil, basil oil are also good. Just mix 2-3 drops with a little coconut oil and rub round your breast avoiding the areola and nipple. Within 20mins, you will feel full.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:53am On Sep 26, 2016
Adeime:

Technically, Fenugreek is not Ewedu. They look alike but they are not the same and Fenugreek doesn't grow naturally in Nigeria unless you plant it here so it is not our local plant. Fenugreek is a bitter type of leaf (even the powder has a taste) and Ewedu isn't. I could go into this more but I confirmed it by their classification and all my Indian "waka" I used to do in the past. Fenugreek is good for milk production though.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barak4real(f): 11:12am On Sep 26, 2016
Good morning sabi mama. Please how do i dress my wound ...at tge hospital they onky use methylated spirit to cleana it ,use a pieece of clothing to cover it and plaster it back i was t9ld i shd repeat the process every 2 days interval ...how long will it take for me to stop using plaster on tye wound and how long does it take to heal.....thanks ...

Cc: mitchyy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 11:20am On Sep 26, 2016
barak4real:
Good morning sabi mama. Please how do i dress my wound ...at tge hospital they onky use methylated spirit to cleana it ,use a pieece of clothing to cover it and plaster it back i was t9ld i shd repeat the process every 2 days interval ...how long will it take for me to stop using plaster on tye wound and how long does it take to heal.....thanks ...

Cc: mitchyy

My plaster was removed before i left the hospital and i was told to clean with cotton wool and methylated spirit.

But i heard spirit is too harsh, so i cleaned with cotton and savlon diluted in water.

I swipe with cotton wool from the middle to one end, dispose it. Then use another one to swipe from the middle to the other end. I repeat this process thrice and do it 3 times a day.

After swiping i lay down and allow it to air dry.

Hope this helps

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 11:28am On Sep 26, 2016
Pretimum, you can give apple juice. Gerber has the one for babies. Pediasure is from 2yrs; ur baby can't take it now.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by christybabe(f): 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
Gudmorning mama's, I have a question, pls don't laugh at me ooo.
Since I had my baby, my sex level or libido has increase to 150/150 Lol, is anyone experiencing this.. My baby will be 10 weeks on Thursday. infact I resumed sex 3 weeks and 3 days after delivery. Hubby will jokingly tell me to calm down oooo.
During preggy days my libido was low.
Abeg na only me the thing dey hungry like this, or has anyone experience this.

CC: Onegai, Alphahandmaiden, helovesme, babythug, feddy27, Liftedhands, Zaynie, Mitchy, and other sabi mamas.

Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2016
happy new week mothers in d house, pls hw can I make my nipples com out, my baby is always struggling to get a grip & hold on my nipples whenever he's suckling on dem
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2016
feddy27:
Pretimum, you can give apple juice. Gerber has the one for babies. Pediasure is from 2yrs; ur baby can't take it now.

Thanks@ feddy27.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2016
eolowu1:
happy new week mothers in d house, pls hw can I make my nipples com out, my baby is always struggling to get a grip & hold on my nipples whenever he's suckling on dem

If you have breast pump, you can use it to bring it out ...That was what I used during my time
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2016
christybabe:
Gudmorning mama's, I have a question, pls don't laugh at me ooo.
Since I had my baby, my sex level or libido has increase to 150/150 Lol, is anyone experiencing this.. My baby will be 10 weeks on Thursday. infact I resumed sex 3 weeks and 3 days after delivery. Hubby will jokingly tell me to calm down oooo.
During preggy days my libido was low.
Abeg na only me the thing dey hungry like this, or has anyone experience this.

CC and other sabi mamas.

Thanks.

Enjoy yourself my dear! It happens make sure you are adequately insured to avoid super stories oh!!!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 3:09pm On Sep 26, 2016
Adeime:

Ewedu is the same as jute leaves! Dunno if it helps with milk production but you can try it and come and share your findings with us wink grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 3:23pm On Sep 26, 2016
Adeime:

My bad...apologies. Checked it out after reading Onegai's response. It is wrong. I was told it was and it truly worked me. I ebfd my twins for 6 months. Heard about it from my lactation consultant. Thing is you have to drink about 750ml (ewedu) at a go- not easy. The fennel n basil oil worked for me too. First time I used it and went to the mall, I thought my boobies was going to burst!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
Doubledouble:

My bad...apologies. Checked it out after reading Onegai's response. It is wrong. I was told it was and it truly worked me. I ebfd my twins for 6 months. Heard about it from my lactation consultant. Thing is you have to drink about 750ml (ewedu) at a go- not easy. The fennel n basil oil worked for me too. First time I used it and went to the mall, I thought my boobies was going to burst!

Babe, if Ewedu works that well and is a fraction of the price of Fenugreek and readily available, you're the smart one for getting that info and sharing with us. Thanks.
So it seems Ewedu is good for producing breast milk.

Did you just blend the Ewedu leaves and drink neat? How many times per day did you do this and for how long? Were there any side effects?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 3:36pm On Sep 26, 2016
Christybabe, enjoy the increased libido and be happy for it because a lot of women had the opposite. Lucky you!

eolowu1, a lot of ladies use the breast pump to pull out their nipples but i was told it could damage nipple tissue. There were other methods but I can't remember. I'll look it up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.