Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,995 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4389419 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 01, 2012
pls dont give egg until ur child is 1 yr old.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugar001(f): 2:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
Julesbloom: pls dont give egg until ur child is 1 yr old.
You can give egg yolk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pamperme: 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
Heard they can eat egg yolk from 6months naw abi?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
Great thread for mums.Please how good is cow & gate,i'm thinking of introducing it for my LO,she eats alot but now growing fat,LOL!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
cow&gate is cool dats wat my baby is drinking nw.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hannydarl(f): 8:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
ayobarmy: Hi mums, thanks for always been there, but pls i dont want my boy to be taking just the pap, is there no other easy to prepare food i can add to it?

Marsh bannana and lighten with formula or BM, boil potato, march with egg yolk, grind rice and mix with formula, peel skin off beans (to avoid loose stool) mash and Feed baby. Mash mangoes and strain in a small hole seive to remove fiber and feed baby. Or go to www.wholesomebabyfood.com for ideas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dudugirl01(f): 10:17am On Nov 02, 2012
Cow and gate is very good, that's what I give my madam,though I mix it with pap and other foods
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 2:28am On Nov 03, 2012
Mummie, wish one be cow and gate again? I fit give my big boy{6mnts plus}?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Devosequence(f): 1:42pm On Nov 03, 2012
Gud morning sweet mothers,i am a mother and i want to stop breastfeeding her.What should i do?do i need to take anything?do i need to rub anything on My nipple ?,then for My baby What should i give her?Thanks big mumies in the house as i wait for ur response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 03, 2012
@devosequence when i stopped breastfeedn my first baby, deze r d fins i did
1: i back her often cos dats d only way to put her to sleep den i gave her cipriGold multivitamins to help her get appetite n also to sleep. which within 3 days d stress was going down.
2: i took antibiotics(beecham) and paracetamol, d antibiotic wil help in wading off infection and also for the engorgment. then the paracetamol is too keep ur temperation in check cos i tell u its an experience on its own n cud be quiet painful but within 3 days u shud be fine n ur baby adjusting. i believe other moms have dere own method.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Devosequence(f): 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2012
Julesbloom: @devosequence when i stopped breastfeedn my first baby, deze r d fins i did
1: i back her often cos dats d only way to put her to sleep den i gave her cipriGold multivitamins to help her get appetite n also to sleep. which within 3 days d stress was going down.
2: i took antibiotics(beecham) and paracetamol, d antibiotic wil help in wading off infection and also for the engorgment. then the paracetamol is too keep ur temperation in check cos i tell u its an experience on its own n cud be quiet painful but within 3 days u shud be fine n ur baby adjusting. i believe other moms have dere own method.
. Thanks alot for ur reply.i actually went to buy the cyprigold the pharmacist has it to sell but hé recomended cyprivit and also Said that i shuld take only paracetamol to ease the pain. Al thesame stil waitin for other moms' reply of exprience
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 03, 2012
ok no probs, its cool
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hannydarl(f): 9:54pm On Nov 09, 2012
blank: I need help o.

How do i get this my chairman to accept the potty?
He is 18months and has absolutely refused the potty.
Immediately he sees us coming with the potty he will runaway and start screaming.
In fact, he tries to hide the fact that he has pooed and doesnt even want to be changed.
I don tire.

My dear, your child is unique, don't be worried esp when you hear people say they potty trained their one month old. My son liked the potty for fun at 6 mos but started running from it at 7 mos. He would scream and cry at the sight of the potty. At 2 yrs old he got potty trained in 2 days and at 3 he started using the toilet. You will know when he is ready to be potty trained because he will stop being comfortable with pee or poop close to his skin. For as long as he doesn't mind carrying pee and poop in his pant, he will not want the potty. So, as soon as he starts complaining about pEe pee or poo poo and cries to be changed get a comfortable potty for him not those low ones o. Get one og those that look like chair for him and encourage him to use it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hannydarl(f): 10:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
Breast feeding moms who want to stop breast feeding without the pain and discomfort, try wrapping a wraper or anything like a bandage THIGHTLY around your boobs for like 4 to 7 days. It will help your boob keep shape and also prevent pain and cut milk supply. For those working moms, you could do it as soon as you get home only I don't know if the outcome will be like those who do it all day. It keeps your bOob perky compared to those who use medicine to stop milk production.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Devosequence(f): 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2012
I know very well that This is not the right place to write This but just in case some of us here has nothing to do with the job/vacancy thread. Please every one i need a customer service job,i studied business administration(HND),Purchasing and supply(OND).i have been applying for job online but so Many are fake.i live around Ogudu ojota.please am really in need of job .Thanks as i look forward to your calls/ mail Devosequence@gmail.com ,danoma231@Yahoo.com.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dominique(f): 6:31pm On Nov 10, 2012
^^^ for a while there I thought I was staring at my MILs number grin. On a serious note, I had to edit out your number from your post, too personal. Also be careful of potential fraudsters who are looking to capitalise on peoples' desperation. You will get your job in God's time with or without nairaland, just keep your chin up wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 10, 2012
@blank why are you rushing that cutie to potty train? He will in his own time please, you'll see the signs when he's ready.

@devos I now understand why it's difficult to wean your little one easily, cos you haven't started work yet, I never used bandages nor pills to stop the milk production,

if you are determined say 5 days tops the supply will dry and I mean it,

milk supply is like a communication from your brain with your baby's cues then your mammary glands responds to it and there goes the milk( God is great!) ,

by the time you're done at work to pick the baby up from the daycare both of you are tired , give her/him solid food that'll last him thru the night ( just milk in a bottle overnight ) , I bet nobody will remember to breastfeed grin

@ Jules I think egg yolk will be fine for babies over 6 months, I didn't give my kids eggs atall and I regret it....,they don't eat eggs now ever they don't even like the smell now.... that would have been my only option for my vegetarian child now had I known, I regret it sad

Enjoy them now folks , they grow very very fast ! smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugar001(f): 1:47pm On Nov 12, 2012
Hey cute mommies! Please is it okay to give my lo semolina?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2012
@sugar how many months is LO?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugar001(f): 2:02pm On Nov 12, 2012
Julesbloom: @sugar how many months is LO?
7 months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 13, 2012
yes u can give but in d smallest size

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Devosequence(f): 9:12am On Nov 13, 2012
dominique: ^^^ for a while there I thought I was staring at my MILs number grin. On a serious note, I had to edit out your number from your post, too personal. Also be careful of potential fraudsters who are looking to capitalise on peoples' desperation. You will get your job in God's time with or without nairaland, just keep your chin up wink
Thanks for the candid advice
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by deybowlah: 8:54am On Nov 15, 2012
sugar 001: Hey cute mommies! Please is it okay to give my lo semolina?
Yes it is very ok to give semolina if he/she likes it. You can either give with ewedu/okro /ogbono or u mix watery semolina with infant formula and spoonfed. My baby luvs semo amala eko with any draw soup a lot those are the only major foods she accepts apart from bosom milk.
I add fresh fish and titus fish(she sometimes get tired of titus fish). I add locus beans to the éwedu and blend 2geda.
That little thing is a real picky eater but she sabi better thing. She hates commercial infant cereals with a passion.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by deybowlah: 9:01am On Nov 15, 2012
Another lovely recipe. I noticed my infant likes chicken pie( those stuffs inside) so I decided to make mine.
Wash and dice carrot,potato,tomato and green peas in a pot, add chopped chicken or fish and steam in low heat until very tender, add little butter or olive oil. Mash with fork.
I hope you all will try it out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mogbomoya: 10:53am On Nov 15, 2012
Hello Mummies, pls d rate at which am loosing weight is alarming. my baby is just 3mths & i am slimmer than pre pregnancy. i was a size 12 before pregnancy, then balloned to size 16 during pregnancy. 2 weeks after delivery, i noticed i wake each morning with my bed soaked in sweat. i lost all pregnancy weight over d next week. i was over joyed but thereafter, i have bn loosing weight consistently. all my cloths hang so loose on me. i was shocked when i tried my sisters size 8 cloths & they fitted perfectly. i am nt breastfeeeding exclusive.
my hubby & mum & everyone are complaning. i eat a lot. like 6 times a day . am really worried. pls is this normal? wld i gain back weight after breastfeeding? i cant imagine changing my whole wardrobe and my head it now bigger than my body.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 15, 2012
mogbomoya: Hello Mummies, pls d rate at which am loosing weight is alarming. my baby is just 3mths & i am slimmer than pre pregnancy. i was a size 12 before pregnancy, then balloned to size 16 during pregnancy. 2 weeks after delivery, i noticed i wake each morning with my bed soaked in sweat. i lost all pregnancy weight over d next week. i was over joyed but thereafter, i have bn loosing weight consistently. all my cloths hang so loose on me. i was shocked when i tried my sisters size 8 cloths & they fitted perfectly. i am nt breastfeeeding exclusive.
my hubby & mum & everyone are complaning. i eat a lot. like 6 times a day . am really worried. pls is this normal? wld i gain back weight after breastfeeding? i cant imagine changing my whole wardrobe and my head it now bigger than my body.
wish i was in ur shoes.(i gain weight easily)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helixmanager: 10:21am On Nov 20, 2012
ayobarmy: Hellooooooo is any1 here? Pls which is the most safest baby milk for a 4months old baby. I bought 123milk but some says its not good for him......i will be glad with the fastest response. Thanks

I saw this late.

Friso gold1 is a baby milk (infant formula)not very popular but a product of peakmilk.I got to know about it from one of their rep that came for a presentation in the hospital.

Thereafter,I used it for my baby and the good result made me recommend it to patients when the need arise although we promote Breastt milk as a priority.

I have never seen a case or complaints about the product except in cases of lactose intolerance.

It also has a price advantage over NAN and SMA,so I was able to save some money for other household needs.

Like someone advised,its better to start peak 123 from year 1.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 6:43pm On Nov 20, 2012
helixmanager:

I saw this late.

Friso gold1 is a baby milk (infant formula)not very popular but a product of peakmilk.I got to know about it from one of their rep that came for a presentation in the hospital.

Thereafter,I used it for my baby and the good result made me recommend it to patients when the need arise although we promote Breastt milk as a priority.

I have never seen a case or complaints about the product except in cases of lactose intolerance.

It also has a price advantage over NAN and SMA,so I was able to save some money for other household needs.

I hope this helps.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 6:44pm On Nov 20, 2012
helixmanager:

I saw this late.

I hope this helps.
but the guy is now 7months old can i still give frisco gold?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helixmanager: 8:53am On Nov 21, 2012
ayobarmy: but the guy is now 7months old can i still give frisco gold?

Yes,u can still complement breastt milk with Frisogold1(0-12mths)but from 6months milk no longer suffice for an infant.

It might also interest you to know that some babies not started on solids by a certain age (9-12mths)may have great difficulty accepting solid foods.

The best time to start solids is when your baby is showing interest in solid foods,whenever baby seems to be hungry even after breastt feeding or when weight gain is not satisfactory.

You need to wean the child by introducing solid foods like family food as advised by some nairalanders or use the cereals.They have Friso cereals Rice and Wheat which are very smooth and nutritious and different from Frisogold1(Infant formula-milk).(I am saying these because of my experience with it). Let me make some notes on how you should introduce solid foods.

Breastt feed before each feeding of solid food

Avoid highly spiced and flavored foods that can cause an allergy

Offer your baby the foods that he/she is interested in. Start with small quantity,then increase as baby grows older.

Respect baby's likes and dislikes.Don't push him/her to eat a particular food

Gradually increase food thickness as child grows

make feeding times pleasant experience

Wish u da best!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 6:44am On Nov 22, 2012
Thanks for the info, but the big question always on my mind is, Why is custard not suitable for a 7months old

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.