Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (744) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4385416 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jamjam5000(f): 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
sugarcanebaby:
Dear mamas in the house. I'm sorry to derail the lochia topic. Pls who knows where I can sebamed product in lagis . that s what ds uses. His lotion is finished and I've not been able to get another one . don't want to use another product because sebamed is the real deal.

Please do not ignore.

Funny, i just got a bottle of lotion for my daughter this evening from a neighbourhood supermart.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 10:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
Jennifer89:
Happy Sunday Mamas!!
please I need your help. recently I noticed something like wound on my Ds scalp and it seems its gradually spreading. Pictures attached
No idea dear, other mamas will answer you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bussy2rhymes(f): 10:23pm On Dec 04, 2016
Thanks BellaElla, soonest &loistee. i have given him Nan 1. He's sleeping calm Thanks all. Pls how many times can I feed him in a day?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by loistee: 11:00pm On Dec 04, 2016
bussy2rhymes:
Thanks BellaElla, soonest &loistee.
i have given him Nan 1. He's sleeping calm
Thanks all. Pls how many times can I feed him in a day?

I feed 3 times in a day and supplement with breast milk. Just relax and calm down he will be fine.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stephmiracle: 11:13pm On Dec 04, 2016
[quote author=bussy2rhymes post=51622118]Dear mamas in the house,

I've been using SMA GOLD from day 1. We are 5 weeks now and I've not had any issues with it

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amhappy(f): 1:01am On Dec 05, 2016
beeejaylere:
Hello everyone, am new on dis trend and a FTM, pls i need ur advice
LO came on d 1st dec 2016 thru emergency cs d whole deal has been overwhelming but thank God all d same
Sma gold was introduced to him b4 i started eaten d issue is Lo is not latch on d nipple,milk coming out small small after alot of pressure thru breastpump i really want and desire to do EBF. Nurses around not helping matters making mi feel hv not tried enough and saying my nipple is too inside should hv draw it out blah blah blah, hv cried my eyes out really feeling for him.
Pls anything i can do for him to latch well.

Pls don't ignore

Nurses can drive one mad with their pressure. They did same to me. Supplement with Nan1 or Sma for ur sanity but still put baby to breast as much as you can. You need to eat well and rest also. Stress affect breast milk production
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dtush(f): 10:55am On Dec 05, 2016
sugarcanebaby:
Dear mamas in the house. I'm sorry to derail the lochia topic. Pls who knows where I can sebamed product in lagis . that s what ds uses. His lotion is finished and I've not been able to get another one . don't want to use another product because sebamed is the real deal.

Please do not ignore.

Where do you stay in Lagos? I stay in Gbagada n i can get in pretty much all the store dere.

You can try Health plus and the likes sha.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 11:05am On Dec 05, 2016
dunasy and maran1983, please where do you download songs from, what site? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 11:13am On Dec 05, 2016
Onegai:
dunasy and maran1983, please where do you download songs from, what site? Thanks

Check busysinging.com

Also go via this link https://busysinging.com/blog/10-naija-gospel-songs-that-will-move-you/.

Just navigate the page ma'am

Note: when you click download, it might bring the song to be downloaded in the format of busysinging-1234.mp3 for example so you will have to rename to the title of the particular song . This makes it easy for you to identify the songs when you want to play on your phone/tab/laptop/any gadget sef

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JUMAYIN(f): 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
Good afternoon mamas, D's pukes out breast milk almost all d time, I was scared this afternoon when he pukes a large quantity of it n started running lil temp afterwards.... What cud be going wrong?

Cc: onegai
Cc: alpha handmaiden
Cc: helovesme
Cc: all mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2016
Thanks
dunasy:

@Kidco, you can sir
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hi supermums...pls i need help:

My 17months fellow little wife does not like pooping n weeing in her potty.i didnt start the the process on time.even if she z poopin on the tiles if i bring her potty and sits her on it...she sees the potty as a chair that musnt be desecrated and hence she wee hold the poop and deposite it on the tiles.

Same retinue with wee wee....pls help me out as ayam freaking out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
JUMAYIN:
Good afternoon mamas, D's pukes out breast milk almost all d time, I was scared this afternoon when he pukes a large quantity of it n started running lil temp afterwards.... What cud be going wrong?
Did you use a thermometer to check his temp? If indeed he is running a temp then please take him to see his pead asap.

If he isn't running a temp using the thermometer, then its possible he isn't burping properly.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
Please mamas help me.
I went to Health centre 4 immunization and they said they dont have ROTA in Nigeria shocked

Lagos Island Maternity too said they dont give.

My girl is 6weeks today and i need to give her biko.
Where can i go to get it 4 her.

I stay at Ajah-Lagos.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JUMAYIN(f): 5:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
sugah:

Did you use a thermometer to check his temp? If indeed he is running a temp then please take him to see his pead asap.

If he isn't running a temp using the thermometer, then its possible he isn't burping properly.
yes i used a thermometer,initially his temp was 37.1 degree c, after wiping his body with wet cloth it came down to 36.7
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 6:25pm On Dec 05, 2016
iomoge2:
Please mamas help me.
I went to Health centre 4 immunization and they said they dont have ROTA in Nigeria shocked

I stay at Ajah-Lagos.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
JUMAYIN:

Cc: all mamas

Jumayin, I think this is the second time you are mentioning this issue of your son constantly vomiting breast milk. I think you should take him to see a doctor.

most importantly, he needs to have his weight checked to see if he's adding on weight in line with the weight percentile for his age. since he keeps vomiting breast milk, it means he is not retaining much and this can affect his weight. puking in large quantity is worrisome and I believe a mother should trust her instincts. For you to be scared and worried is enough reason to see a doctor. the rise in body temperature might be because of the vomiting.

have you tried formula to see if he takes that without puking?

he might be lactose intolerant and might need a special formula. please take him to see a paediatrician who will suggest on what best to do.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missade(f): 7:06pm On Dec 05, 2016
iomoge2:
Please mamas help me.

I stay at Ajah-Lagos.

Hi dear, isn't Rota given at 10 weeks?

Went for immunization today and its OPV, penta and
Pneumococcal.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jamjam5000(f): 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
[quote author=iomoge2 post=51663008][/quote]

Try lifeline children hospital in phase 1

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JUMAYIN(f): 9:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
helovesme:

Jumayin, I think this is the second time you are mentioning this issue of your son constantly vomiting breast milk. I think you should take him to see a doctor.

most importantly, he needs to have his weight checked to see if he's adding on weight in line with the weight percentile for his age. since he keeps vomiting breast milk, it means he is not retaining much and this can affect his weight. puking in large quantity is worrisome and I believe a mother should trust her instincts. For you to be scared and worried is enough reason to see a doctor. the rise in body temperature might be because of the vomiting.

have you tried formula to see if he takes that without puking?

he might be lactose intolerant and might need a special formula. please take him to see a paediatrician who will suggest on what best to do.

thanks mama,juat arrived from d Hosp. His weight was taken he is now 4.2kg at 5 weeks, was adviced to burp him well after each feed then, his temp was taken as well n it was 36.8 was told its normal, blood sample was taken too, d result wud be out tomorrow...was given pcm.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lilybestie(f): 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
I want to officially join this thread. hope I am welcome

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 10:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
iomoge2:
Please mamas help me.

I stay at Ajah-Lagos.
Have you tried St Kisito at jakande? Use them for my childrens immunisation. It's very likely the drug drought has hit many health care facilities may God help His children.

Wednesdays are their main immunisation days as vaccines that may not be available on any other day is always made available on this day but be sure to go very early and collect a number from the gateman.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 10:05pm On Dec 05, 2016
missade:

Pneumococcal.
Rota first dose starts at 6weeks! Unless your card states otherwise as 10weeks is still very much within the time frame.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missade(f): 10:15pm On Dec 05, 2016
Coldfeet:
Rota first dose starts at 6weeks! Unless your card states otherwise as 10weeks is still very much within the time frame.

Oh wow. Thank you mama.
My card slates rota for 10weeks and honestly I'm even dreading any more vaccines. Its just uncomfortable sth...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missade(f): 10:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
lilybestie:
I want to officially join this thread. hope I am welcome

Welcome mama

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 10:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
ahnie:
Hi supermums...pls i need help:

My 17months fellow little wife does not like pooping n weeing in her potty.i didnt start the the process on time.even if she z poopin on the tiles if i bring her potty and sits her on it...she sees the potty as a chair that musnt be desecrated and hence she wee hold the poop and deposite it on the tiles.

Same retinue with wee wee....pls help me out as ayam freaking out.
I think you just have to keep trying till she gets the hang of it, usually I start potty training when the child can clearly communicate with me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 10:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
missade:

Oh wow. Thank you mama.
My card slates rota for 10weeks and honestly I'm even dreading any more vaccines. Its just uncomfortable sth...
uncomfortable for you or lo? grin Lolz I cry sometimes when my child takes a shot just wish I can take it for them but it's a very necessary "evil"

You are welcome.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 10:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
missade:

Oh wow. Thank you mama.

Rota is an oral vaccine, not injection. So no crying or hotness. Just lick n go grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 11:06pm On Dec 05, 2016
missade:

Pneumococcal.

No.
Rota should be added too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 11:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
Coldfeet:
Have you tried St Kisito at jakande? Use them for my childrens immunisation. It's very likely the drug drought has hit many health care facilities may God help His children.

Wednesdays are their main immunisation days as vaccines that may not be available on any other day is always made available on this day but be sure to go very early and collect a number from the gateman.

Thanks.
Will do on wednesday.

She is supposed to take the immunization tomorrow (tuesday) but she has been clingy all day today.
I think that stomach upset.
She hasnt slept since morning.
Just doozing off n on with louf screams...

Am so worried.
Dunno if she shoukd still take the stuff on tuesday or wait till thursday.
She turned 6weeks today (monday).
Would def go for Wednesday rota.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lilybestie(f): 11:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
is rota not the one giving orally before the injection
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 11:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
iomoge2:

Thanks.
Will do on wednesday.

She is supposed to take the immunization tomorrow (tuesday) but she has been clingy all day today.
I think that stomach upset.
She hasnt slept since morning.
Just doozing off n on with louf screams...

Am so worried.
Dunno if she shoukd still take the stuff on tuesday or wait till thursday.
She turned 6weeks today (monday).
Would def go for Wednesday rota.
Sorry love she will be fine. Why not let her be giving the scheduled vaccines on that Wednesday? Instead of going out twice? Or are you using an HMO?
You will have to register and get a card for Zoey before the rota can be given so if it's OK by you just allow her take her 6 weeks vaccine with them.

Note if she's having an elevated temperature or malaise they won't administer the vaccines sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.