Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (745) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4385279 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 11:24pm On Dec 05, 2016
lilybestie:
is rota not the one giving orally before the injection
Yes Rota is oral so also is OPV, just be sure to ask them which is which so you are sure of what they have given your lo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 11:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
jamjam5000:

Try lifeline children hospital in phase 1

Kkk.
Thanks.
Lemme see if i can get their number.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 11:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
Coldfeet:
Sorry love she will be fine. Why not let her be giving the scheduled vaccines on that Wednesday? Instead of going out twice? Or are you using an HMO?
You will have to register and get a card for Zoey before the rota can be given so if it's OK by you just allow her take her 6 weeks vaccine with them.

Note if she's having an elevated temperature or malaise they won't administer the vaccines sha.

Her tempt has been on ans off.
Staying at 37 or 36.8

Whats malaise undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Coldfeet(f): 11:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
iomoge2:

Her tempt has been on ans off.
Staying at 37 or 36.8

Whats malaise undecided
A general feeling of unwell.
For the temp use a wet cloth on her from time to time and give pcm.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lilybestie(f): 11:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
iomoge2 Zoe will be fine. she will pass the stage very soon. her temperature is not that high.

coldfeet thanks for the info. I will ask them next time

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 11:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
Mamas, pls who knows or has an experience with keloid growth on episiotomy.
Abeg sabi mamas come to my aid
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missade(f): 12:01am On Dec 06, 2016
Coldfeet:
uncomfortable for you or lo? grin Lolz I cry sometimes when my child takes a shot just wish I can take it for them but it's a very necessary "evil"

You are welcome.

Lol, uncomfortable for both of us.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ojac1: 5:37am On Dec 06, 2016
Nne, just try and see a pediatrician. U'll get a more holistic something.
bussy2rhymes:
Dear mamas in the house, Happy Sunday o. This thread has been informative & educating. Kudos to all the mamas in the house.
My breast milk supply isn't enough for my baby, I have done everything I read here, got little result. My baby(6wks old) has been crying for the past fews day. I'm always feeding him day and night yet he isn't satisfied. Pls advise me what on the formula I can introduce to him that won't make him to have constipation but make him gain weight as he hasnt gaining much weight since birth. Pls help me, I haven't slept or rested for the past 5days. I'm getting frustrated already

Pls help all sabi moms. I need all help and experiences I can get.
Thanks

cc. onegai , Feddy20, Alphahandmaiden, helovesme, soonest

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 5:39am On Dec 06, 2016
JUMAYIN:
thanks mama,juat arrived from d Hosp. His weight was taken he is now 4.2kg at 5 weeks, was adviced to burp him well after each feed then, his temp was taken as well n it was 36.8 was told its normal, blood sample was taken too, d result wud be out tomorrow...was given pcm.

What was his weight at birth so that I can check a weight chart for you to see how his weight has progressed in the last 5 weeks? Did the doctor say anything about his weight?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 5:47am On Dec 06, 2016
bussy2rhymes:
Dear mamas in the house, Happy Sunday o. This thread has been informative & educating. Kudos to all the mamas in the house.
My breast milk supply isn't enough for my baby, I have done everything I read here, got little result. My baby(6wks old) has been crying for the past fews day. I'm always feeding him day and night yet he isn't satisfied. Pls advise me what on the formula I can introduce to him that won't make him to have constipation but make him gain weight as he hasnt gaining much weight since birth. Pls help me, I haven't slept or rested for the past 5days. I'm getting frustrated already

Pls help all sabi moms. I need all help and experiences I can get.
Thanks

helovesme,

He's crying because he is hungry. Kindly introduce formula. There are several brands in the market but personally I stick to Aptamil.

You also need to rest, relax and be happy as this will also help your milk production. Introduce formula, this will fill him up. Try and sleep whilst he's sleeping. In between feeds or when you are relaxed (for example while watching tv), keep breastfeeding him.

To avoid constipation, you have to give him warm water at least once a day. I also go a scoop less than the recommended guide on the tin. For example, if 6 scoops of formula is recommended for 200ml of water, I use 5.

Don't forget that hygenine has to be top notch with bottle feeding. Bottles, teats, et al must always be sterilised. Use a separate sponge (not the 'general' kitchen sponge) when washing them and make sure the sponge is kept separately to avoid any mixup. Always use boiled water (irrespective of whether or not it's bottled water from a reputable brand). Left over milk must be discarded. Bottles must be washed with soap and water and sterilised before the next use.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 6:01am On Dec 06, 2016
feddy27

Babe, you are the real MVP !!! wink

Two kids under 2 and you are breastfeeding both ! Wow. You are one strong and patient woman. It's mums like you that the World Health Organisation wants us to emulate. grin grin

You do not need my 'gangster technique' for your toddler jare grin. Kwentinue breastfeeding him. cool

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 8:05am On Dec 06, 2016
helovesme:
feddy27

Babe, you are the real MVP !!! wink

Two kids under 2 and you are breastfeeding both ! Wow. You are one strong and patient woman. It's mums like you that the World Health Organisation wants us to emulate. grin grin

You do not need my 'gangster technique' for your toddler jare grin. Kwentinue breastfeeding him. cool

Lol...my sister, ayam tired. I've tried na. Exhaustion is beginning to set in so i think it's a sign to stop the older one.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcanebaby: 10:57am On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=jamjam5000 post=51638475]

Funny, i just got a bottle of lotion for my daughter this evening from a neighbourhood supermart.[/quote

Where are you based and how much did you get it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcanebaby: 10:59am On Dec 06, 2016
dtush:

Where do you stay in Lagos? I stay in Gbagada n i can get in pretty much all the store dere.

You can try Health plus and the likes sha.
I stay at Pedro very close to gbagada. Which of the stores cab I check
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aim07(f): 11:03am On Dec 06, 2016
Good morning mamas, quite a long time, may God bless our children.

If any mama living towards Ikorodu area is interested in buying books from Kidco, pls signify, I want see if I can get mamas to pair up with so as reduce cost

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 11:06am On Dec 06, 2016
One mama is coming to Shiloh
We plan to see personally there
She lives in Surulere
is that close enough for you

Aim07:
Good morning mamas, quite a long time, may God bless our children.

If any mama living towards Ikorodu area is interested in buying books from Kidco, pls signify, I want see if I can get mamas to pair up with so as reduce cost
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 11:09am On Dec 06, 2016
Any Mama attending Shiloh in Canaan land could please contact KIDCO and see first hand the books in store prior to making future transactions
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jamjam5000(f): 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=sugarcanebaby post=51680679][/quote]

I live in lekki phs 1. I got it for 4k.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BellaElla(f): 12:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
hotmomma:
Mamas, pls who knows or has an experience with keloid growth on episiotomy. Its 4 weeks tomorrow and it seems that's d case for me sad, and to think kpekus start to dey hungry me from 2 days post deivery grin and dh too just dey try to hold body dey count down now this sad,
Its painful and i don't like the option d gynae wanna offer me cry
Abeg sabi mamas come to my aid
I had a growth on my episiotomy site.it looked like a boil but was red and tender and bleeds whenever I pressed. The doctor prescribed vit c and antibiotics for me. Also asked me to apply to 6x daily. It opened after 2 days and turns out it was cos my body rejected a stitch(the knoted end). My dh helped me remove the stitch, it took two weeks for the growth to completely disappear. What options did your gynae give u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doynb(f): 1:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
kidco:
Any Mama attending Shiloh in Canaan land could please contact KIDCO and see first hand the books in store prior to making future transactions
Thanks
I would like to make a purchase,i stay in Ebute-meta....any other interested mama staying in this axis?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 2:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mamas pls does nycil soap cause dryness in babies. was using cusson product but couldnt find then i bought this nycil. i feel it makes my child skin dry.

has any mama experienced it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 2:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
Bellaella, i feelbits d knotted end too. its red and swollen and painful but nothing comes out when pressed, gave me painkillers and vit c to be observed for 1 week or so if no improvement, he wants it to be cut off n restiched and apply some injections on d site after stitches to prevent keloid growth. Pls what did u apply on ur site to make d recovery better?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JUMAYIN(f): 2:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
helovesme:

What was his weight at birth so that I can check a weight chart for you to see how his weight has progressed in the last 5 weeks? Did the doctor say anything about his weight?
d doc said his weight is quite OK, he was 3.4kg@ birth,2.9kg at 10days then @ 5 weeks 4.2kg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BellaElla(f): 2:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
hotmomma:
Bellaella, i feelbits d knotted end too. its red and swollen and painful but nothing comes out when pressed, gave me painkillers and vit c to be observed for 1 week or so if no improvement, he wants it to be cut off n restiched and apply some injections on d site after stitches to prevent keloid growth. Pls what did u apply on ur site to make d recovery better?

I was given a weeks supply of amoxicillin capsules to be taken 3x daily. I was also asked to apply TCP 6x daily. That stuff is quite painful. I didn't get myself until I removed the rejected stitch.the doctor named it "healing by secondary intention". You can Google it and see if the symptoms match urs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Meticulouslady(f): 3:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
Good day Mummies in the house. I am new to nairaland, my first post. I am a mother of two. Please I'd like to know if any mother here has been diagnosed with Osteitis pubis; during pregnancy and after pregnancy. Osteitis pubis is inflammation of the pubic bone involving seperation of the pubic symphysis, it is an extremely painful condition. Please if anyone has suffered/is suffering from this condition as a result of pregnancy; I'd love to hear from you. I hope i posted in the right thread.
I intentionally posted here because there are alot of mummies who just had babies.
Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 3:31pm On Dec 06, 2016
Good day mamas in house ,eku odun oh,hope we have started ordering our turkey and Xmas Cloth ,nothing like recession oh grin.

Pls oh eh EPP me,I dunno the ashawo boil that appear on my nipples,started four days ago,but I thot it was just sour from the numerous bite donated to me by my ogas,only for the boil to show it ugly head yesterday.
I have no t been able to breastfeed with it for four days.

Pls what can I do to reduce the discomfort,I can't wear bra in peace its drawing me from inside,its giving me fever and it's engorge cry

Pls come to my aid oh
Don't look at my bad character
Pls EPP me cry cry cry
Cc coldfeet
Soonest
Captain onegai
All sabi mamas in the building
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jummy004: 4:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
Hello mamas. Am officially registering here. Hope am welcomed?
Pls my 3 weeks baby always cries wen she wants to poo n mess. Then there is always gas in her tommy especialy at night. Doc says shes ok.
Pls is it ok?

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
hotmomma:

Had the same issue,so painful I couldn't allow my gynae touch me inside there at 6 wks qppontment ,I was sent to the theatre immediately. In less than 20 min he was thru with cutting it off,I didn't feel any pain whatsoever just some slight discomfort on that day only.by the next day I had no pain anymore.
If that's the option just do it so u can have your peace.sorry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 5:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
dexterush:

Pls oh eh EPP me,I dunno the ashawo boil that appear on my nipples,started four days ago,but I thot it was just sour from the numerous bite donated to me by my ogas,only for the boil to show it ugly head yesterday.

Pls what can I do to reduce the discomfort,I can't wear bra in peace its drawing me from inside,its giving me fever and it's engorge cry

Soonest

Sorry dear. If you are sure it's boil, then Ampiclox takes care of mild cases. You have to take it 6hourly for 1week.
Cosult your doctor or pharmacist for details
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
dexterush:
Good day mamas in house ,eku odun oh,hope we have started ordering our turkey and Xmas Cloth ,nothing like recession oh grin.

Pls come to my aid oh
Don't look at my bad character
Pls EPP me cry cry cry
Cc coldfeet
Soonest
Captain onegai

Boil? Or Mastitis? This sounds like a case for the Doctor. Best check prices on formula as I think they may prescribe certain Antibiotics and you can't breastfeed on most antibiotics. Don't pierce it abeg.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
hotmomma:

You are either headed to a Dermatologist or a Theatre room, sorry dear. They have to cut it off. But ask them because there's a cream that helps with itching recovering wounds or whip some up (there used to be a recipe I've seen around..)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 5:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
I said am new here the other day or body welcome me, there is God o

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.