Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,701 members, 7,805,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (751) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4388227 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2016
sugah:
Danzak I answered you the last time and I was banned.
I bought and use the capsules so I don't know how other mamas used the powdered form. But you need about 5000mg of fenugreek in a day to boost your supply. So if you can measure 5000mg from the powder, you can mix it with tea or a drink.

Thanks dear, that will really help. But come o, where u banned becos you answered me and why is day?.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 3:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:
In the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit. Amen

Mighty Father we thanks you for today, we thank you for life, for good health, sound mind, for our families, husbands and children.
The thank you for your grace and favour! We thank you for our homes, the food on our tables, the clothes on our backs. We thank you for the gifts of sight, hearing, speech and all our bodily functions.

We pray for your forgiveness for all the sins we have committed, in our words, our thoughts ,our actions ( in all we have done and failed to do) we pray for your grace to lead today as a better day.

Father, we put all families present here into your mighty hands. Guide us and bestow your wisdom upon us as we care for the little ones you have blessed us with.

For all those who have been ill, physical, mental or emotional we pray for your divine healing. We put all those who care for us and our children in to your hands, doctors, nurses, creche and nursery workers. May they make the right decisions always regarding our children.

We pray for a correct diagnosis of our ailments , and effective prescriptions to aid our healing.

For every milestone our children have achieved, we thank you graciously. As it is by your grace and mercy that we are all here.

For every mischief, each new tooth, each crawl, every step, every thing that they have done we praise you for it. For each new day, new week, each month that they have been alive and well we praise your holy name.

For those that have celebrated their birthdays recently we thank you almighty father. We use mama soonest's baby as a point of contact. May they be blessed. We cover them with your precious blood lord jesus, evil shall not befall them. They will always be a source of joy and celebration to their families in jesus' name.

We put those trying to concieve, into your hands, we pray for your intervention on their lives. Grant them the strenght both mental and physical that they need to undergo any treatments required. We pray that you answer their prayers. Protect them for evil and fraudulent people lurking to take advantage of them. Surround them with genuine helpers, advisers and prayer intercessors in jesus' name.

You see all our hearts and know what our deepest needs are. Please meet us at the point of our needs. These and many more we ask. Through the mighty name of Jesus .

Amen!

Good morning ladies and gentlemen.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Amen
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
Ammy5565:
Good day mamas,
Pls i'm not yet a mum, still a member of the preggie thread but due dis dec. I need some recommendations from experienced mamas here and hope i can be helped.
Almost done with my shopping but i havent got toiletries for lo. I initially planned using pure coconut oil and shea butter for his skin wit johnson soap but dh has refused. Says he wants his baby to smell nice and all that as he hates the smell of shea butter. Right nw, i'm at a loss on which product would be nice for lo's soap, cream, powder, hair oil etc. Pls i really need suggestions of a good product that wont cause him any reactions nd keep his skin supple.
Secondly, i need advice on daipers too. During shopping, i saw dis large molfix daipers mini , cnt recall how many inside but it goes for about 4k. Says it can be used from 0-6months. Pls is it a good choice to start with as per quality and size?

Cc onegai, zaynie, soonest, britneystacy, mitchyy, rofemiguwa and all mamas.
Thanks.

My child seems to have sensitive skin, we use Dove Pure &Sensitive soap but it's really hard to find. Try Dove classic perhaps. Johnsons gave quite a few babies rashes and it's pricey. For lotions, I dunno. I cannot tell what is original and what is fake. Olive oil doesn't have a smell and is very good for the skin. Diapers, we used cloth diapers and some disposables. I'm a bit concerned that the same size of diaper will fit a baby perfectly from newborn to 6 months, as that is the fast-growing age and babies normally go from Newborn to sizes 1 and 2. I wonder how they manage to fit a tiny baby into the same size as a 4 month old?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
rofemiguwa:

Mejaina i mizzed u * in kiki voice*

Hows atinuke n moyo.hope good.

For number 3. I got the seed n soaked it den dranked d steeped water as tea.

U can also try bitterleaf soup,iru and plenty water.i think it helped iomoge2.

Cc danzak.

Amen at saturday prayers.

Onegai i hope all fires havr been quenched.
I pmed u.
I also sent my email.
Pls kindly reply.
Kizzez to baby E.

Britneystacy. Express milk for ekene before taking the postinor.
Then after 2 hrs of taking it.express d first milk,throw away then u can continue with ur breastfeeding .
Any drug secreted will be in d one u threw away.
Thats what my doctor told me.when he gave me antibiotics when my tear poped open and i was ebfing

Thanks ma, please what quantity can I soak and for how long?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2016
zaynie:

So sorry about that,
I think the guy has been banned.
Its not that he took it off the internet but that he came into the thread went thru the pictures and saved it for this! Na wa o!

Thanks mum zaynie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitchyy(f): 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2016
Onegai:

Good morning ladies. Sorry but we have been having a lot of personal issues going on offline and needed to take a few days off to put out a few fires.

Mitchhy please let me have the moniker's name. Zaynie said he has been banned and I'd like to email the Health section mods to follow up.

I think its Turk. The post has been removed and he has been banned so i can't see him again. Thanks a lot mama.

Good to know the fires have been put off. You mamas make this thread rock smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2016
maamee01:
Hallo mamas lo will be 6 next week but I have started introducing cereal. I feed 2 leveled scope of cereal + 4 leveled scope of formula. hope it's not too much or less + what to do correctly.

Abeg make Una help me Chuck mouth for the Mata.
FTM tins.

Cc onegai
Cc zaynie
Cc rofemiguwa
Cc all the Sabi mamas

I used frisogold rice cereal so didnt add milk.
I give formula seperately. 1 scoop to 30mls.
I however add 2 scoop to her grinded oats.so its so creamy.

So far she prefers adult food sef.MIL practically feeds her all she eats. And she enjoys it more than her cereal.when have to turn to dancing and singing queens before she takes her cereal.but if u r giving her eba or mashed yam or potaoes.if u dont hurry she will jus drag the plate cheesy . very local gehl i gave birth to.hehehehehe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 4:24pm On Dec 10, 2016
DANZAK:

Thanks ma, please what quantity can I soak and for how long?

If u got the seed.i teaspoon to one tea cup.steep for 2hrs n drink.pour d used seed into half bottle water and let it steep overnight. Sieve in d morning and take d water as u like.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:
In the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit. Amen

Mighty Father we thanks you for today, we thank you for life, for good health, sound mind, for our families, husbands and children.
The thank you for your grace and favour! We thank you for our homes, the food on our tables, the clothes on our backs. We thank you for the gifts of sight, hearing, speech and all our bodily functions.

We pray for your forgiveness for all the sins we have committed, in our words, our thoughts ,our actions ( in all we have done and failed to do) we pray for your grace to lead today as a better day.

Father, we put all families present here into your mighty hands. Guide us and bestow your wisdom upon us as we care for the little ones you have blessed us with.

For all those who have been ill, physical, mental or emotional we pray for your divine healing. We put all those who care for us and our children in to your hands, doctors, nurses, creche and nursery workers. May they make the right decisions always regarding our children.
We pray for a correct diagnosis of our ailments , and effective prescriptions to aid our healing.
For every milestone our children have achieved, we thank you graciously. As it is by your grace and mercy that we are all here.

For every mischief, each new tooth, each crawl, every step, every thing that they have done we praise you for it. For each new day, new week, each month that they have been alive and well we praise your holy name.

For those that have celebrated their birthdays recently we thank you almighty father. We use mama soonest's baby as a point of contact. May they be blessed. We cover them with your precious blood lord jesus, evil shall not befall them. They will always be a source of joy and celebration to their families in jesus' name.

We put those trying to concieve, into your hands, we pray for your intervention on their lives. Grant them the strenght both mental and physical that they need to undergo any treatments required. We pray that you answer their prayers. Protect them for evil and fraudulent people lurking to take advantage of them. Surround them with genuine helpers, advisers and prayer intercessors in jesus' name.
Amen! Tnx for d prayers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maamee01(f): 4:47pm On Dec 10, 2016
Onegai:

Gosh I wish I remembered. I think you should mix formula according to how you normally mix (ie one scoop for 30ml of water) first, make the formula and then add cereal. Use your eyes to judge if the cereal is too thick or too runny. There should be instructions at the back of the can of cereal.

Tnx a bunch for your response. I will look into that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maamee01(f): 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2016
zaynie:

You might have to go with the instruction on the tin at first. Watch out for constipation, if it pops up reduce the cereal by one scoop.

Okay thanks dearie.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maamee01(f): 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2016
rofemiguwa:

I used frisogold rice cereal so didnt add milk.
I give formula seperately. 1 scoop to 30mls.
I however add 2 scoop to her grinded oats.so its so creamy.

So far she prefers adult food sef.MIL practically feeds her all she eats. And she enjoys it more than her cereal.when have to turn to dancing and singing queens before she takes her cereal.but if u r giving her eba or mashed yam or potaoes.if u dont hurry she will jus drag the plate cheesy . very local gehl i gave birth to.hehehehehe.

U introduced solid at wat age? Tnx dearie. I appreciate.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2016
maamee01:

U introduced solid at wat age? Tnx dearie. I appreciate.
6 months on d dot.
Started with water then banana
Den cereal den formula
Next week,garri and egusi.i couldnt believe my eyes.hehehehe.
Since den she dey chop anything o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2016
maamee01:
Hallo mamas lo will be 6 next week but I have started introducing cereal. I feed 2 leveled scope of cereal + 4 leveled scope of formula. hope it's not too much or less + what to do correctly.

Abeg make Una help me Chuck mouth for the Mata.
FTM tins.

Cc onegai
Cc zaynie
Cc rofemiguwa
Cc all the Sabi mamas

we don talk plenty on to top this matter, you can read back for ideas, however to save me repeating myself and we all know that trying to find a particular set of posts on NL can be quite annoying, i am collating all my posts and tips in one place.

please follow the link below:

http://alphahandmaiden..co.uk/2016/12/weaning-foods-for-babies-6-months-and.html

cc all other weaning mamas

hope this helps

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2016
Jennifer89:

I started full bath after four days and I always clean the incision site with spirit and cotton wool.
please you can have your bath. just sit on a stool or on your WC to avoid bending down.
four days k, wen I was not even discharge at D hospital yet
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2016
jummy004:
mine was 10 days post op, d plaster was removed n i was told i can now bath. Bt i think it depends on d hospital n d procedure used cos my sil wasTold to do so abt 6-7days post op.
u hospital is gud o, mine said until I am properly heal no bath, just tired nd frustrated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:39pm On Dec 10, 2016
rofemiguwa:

6 months on d dot.
Den cereal den formula

Why are you surprised? All these babies being born now are Ajekpakos. We gave Baby E eba and soup, she started eating the eba without soup. I kid you not. We gave her Semo, Poundo yam, Pounded yam, she would eat it as long as it hadn't touched soup. Imagine how confused we were! At least she is saving us cost of soup ingredients.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
Onegai:

Why are you surprised? All these babies being born now are Ajekpakos. We gave Baby E eba and soup, she started eating the eba without soup. I kid you not. We gave her Semo, Poundo yam, Pounded yam, she would eat it as long as it hadn't touched soup. Imagine how confused we were! At least she is saving us cost of soup ingredients.

i can remember giving alphababy some oyibo combination..... only for her to spit it out.

for dinner i gave her the exact same meal with crayfish and some chicken, empty plate!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ify4charm: 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2016
mamamj:
Hello,
I saw it in small blenco, the 1st one on addo road just after ajah

Thanks dear but they didn't find the Sebamed lotion. If someone can help with a precise store in Festac or lekki Ajah axis. I ll be really grateful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennifer89(f): 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
roseval:

grin I was admitted for 5 days.
I had cs on Saturday morning.
Sunday morning the nurse took me to the bathroom to bathe me full bath but the incision site was covered with nylon
Monday same,
Tuesday I bathe myself but not full bathe
Wednesday I bathe my self o! full bathe grin and I was still in the hospital. I sat on a stool (the nurse wanted to bathe me but I insisted on doing it myself and i was discharged same day )

when I got home I continued to have my full bathe
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
ify4charm:

Thanks dear but they didn't find the Sebamed lotion. If someone can help with a precise store in Festac or lekki Ajah axis. I ll be really grateful

Try Best Buy, it's on Lekki expressway by Igbo Efon before Chevron roundabout. Someone got from there 2 weeks ago. That's the best description I can get because I didn't go there
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maamee01(f): 7:52pm On Dec 10, 2016
rofemiguwa:

6 months on d dot.
Den cereal den formula

Assuming I envy you. I will try your root.tnx Hun kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 8:04pm On Dec 10, 2016
rofemiguwa:

If u got the seed.i teaspoon to one tea cup.steep for 2hrs n drink.pour d used seed into half bottle water and let it steep overnight. Sieve in d morning and take d water as u like.

Thanks a lot ma. You are really a pro in this. Pls forgive my plenty questions. What do I now do with the used seed after sieving.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aim07(f): 8:33pm On Dec 10, 2016
rofemiguwa:

Got mine from clothdiaper.ng

But am waiting for onegai company to buy more.she promises good after sale services which is very important.
Plus other things like diaper wet bag n what have u grin

So u can wait too n patronize her
thanks for ur response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2016
Onegai:

Hahahahahahahaha. R u kidding me.
Thats how i did chicken puree and peas and mashed potatoes.she just spat it out.grandma now gave her okpa.see rushing chai!!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 8:53pm On Dec 10, 2016
Onegai:

My child seems to have sensitive skin, we use Dove Pure &Sensitive soap but it's really hard to find. Try Dove classic perhaps. Johnsons gave quite a few babies rashes and it's pricey. For lotions, I dunno. I cannot tell what is original and what is fake. Olive oil doesn't have a smell and is very good for the skin. Diapers, we used cloth diapers and some disposables. I'm a bit concerned that the same size of diaper will fit a baby perfectly from newborn to 6 months, as that is the fast-growing age and babies normally go from Newborn to sizes 1 and 2. I wonder how they manage to fit a tiny baby into the same size as a 4 month old?
Thanks ma'am.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
Ammy5565:
Good day mamas,
Pls i'm not yet a mum, still a member of the preggie thread but due dis dec. I need some recommendations from experienced mamas here and hope i can be helped.
Almost done with my shopping but i havent got toiletries for lo. I initially planned using pure coconut oil and shea butter for his skin wit johnson soap but dh has refused. Says he wants his baby to smell nice and all that as he hates the smell of shea butter. Right nw, i'm at a loss on which product would be nice for lo's soap, cream, powder, hair oil etc. Pls i really need suggestions of a good product that wont cause him any reactions nd keep his skin supple.
Secondly, i need advice on daipers too. During shopping, i saw dis large molfix daipers mini , cnt recall how many inside but it goes for about 4k. Says it can be used from 0-6months. Pls is it a good choice to start with as per quality and size?

Thanks.

Pls mamas, no waka pass.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Godmother(f): 9:40pm On Dec 10, 2016
roseval:

Me too was surprised when I saw the post o, but I guess everyone's system is different plus she said she kind of covered it. I didn't bath until almost three weeks after CS.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Godmother(f): 9:43pm On Dec 10, 2016
Ammy5565:
Good day mamas,

Thanks.

A mama I know used Doremi when her dd was little and the baby's skin glittered. I tried to get it at the market but it was scarce so I bought Milton range of product and its awesome for my dd's skin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Godmother(f): 9:46pm On Dec 10, 2016
@ rofemiguwa

That your lo is a true African child and she sabi better thing.
Lol @ see rushing cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 9:50pm On Dec 10, 2016
DANZAK:

Thanks a lot ma. You are really a pro in this. Pls forgive my plenty questions. What do I now do with the used seed after sieving.

U discard after sieving cos dts d second time u r using it.
Remember a teaspoon at a time
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 9:51pm On Dec 10, 2016
Godmother:
@ rofemiguwa

That your lo is a true African child and she sabi better thing.
Lol @ see rushing cheesy

African child no bi small.her papa will jus be hailing her.u r a true daughter of ur father cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.