Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4390801 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Florena(f): 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Lol. Tight corner? tongue
I confirmed this morning o! Stitches are all healed including the one inside (I chook hand confirm this morning)
My main fear is not the pain. I'm afraid the place may be too wide honestly cos I don look am for mirror o. E no look like before to me embarassed
Abi na my eyes de deceive me undecided
my sister you just said exactly what I'm feeling, my DS is 3months and we've not even tried. I'm just scared of everything possible

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dtush(f): 4:19pm On Feb 17, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Can you re-negotiate your working hours with your office? and see if one of you can drop her off and the other pick her up will work. that way if you go in early to work really early, hubby will leave later and drop her off at the school on his way to work and then you can leave work early to pick her up or Vice versa. you will have to work out whose work will allow for what and then decide who does what shift!

Combining childcare with work is not a walk in the park and a lot of compromises and sacrifices will need to be made. but there is really no perfect solution.

My sister in this Nigeria except i work in a multinational. For now, her dad drops her off and the school bus drops her in my uncle's place. I stop to pick her on my way from work. Stressful but safer.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dtush(f): 4:20pm On Feb 17, 2017
[quote author=jamjam5000 post=53791821][/quote]

Hi dear, i work in Ikoyi, i will appreciate any hook ups you have
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
Florena, abeg throw that fear outta d window, grab a sexy lingerie with better lube and get down to biz darl. No fear abeg but take precaution oh.

when your fellow Nov mamas don dey hang leg for window #runsaway

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shrekandfiona: 5:34pm On Feb 17, 2017
dtush:

My sister in this Nigeria except i work in a multinational. For now, her dad drops her off and the school bus drops her in my uncle's place. I stop to pick her on my way from work. Stressful but safer.
Hi dear, so sorry about your experience. Thank God your child is safe.

However, i will reiterate what alphahandmaiden earlier advised. Re-negotiate your work hours with your employers. propose a reduced work hour and agree to a reduced salary as well. They will accept as long as they don't have to pay for the shortfall.

I had to take extra 6 months off work without pay after I had my last child. My employers readily accepted as long as they didn't have to pay for my absence.

I am sorry to say this but how well do you know this your uncle who your child stays with till you come pick her? I hear a lot of child molestation stories especially with relatives and i fear for the girl child.

Please pray about this and ask God for a way out. My advise still remains re-negotiate your work hours and even if it leads to a pay cut, gladly accept it.

@jazzyjazz, kegel exercise helps in restoring the V to its original state. I am thru with childbirth and still as tight as ever

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:06pm On Feb 17, 2017
Hmm make God make it easy for us o
Florena:
my sister you just said exactly what I'm feeling, my DS is 3months and we've not even tried. I'm just scared of everything possible
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:07pm On Feb 17, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy
hotmomma:
Florena, abeg throw that fear outta d window, grab a sexy lingerie with better lube and get down to biz darl. No fear abeg but take precaution oh.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
Pls can u explain how it's done? And how many times per day it shld be done?
shrekandfiona:

@jazzyjazz, kegel exercise helps in restoring the V to its original state. I am thru with childbirth and still as tight as ever
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Florena(f): 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2017
hotmomma:

Sabi hotmomma! wink wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nathing: 10:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
feddy27:

Sorry about your son. As a quick relief to get out the stool fast, get to the pharmacy and ask for glycerin suppository. If you can find pedialax, that will be great (15-20mins), the poop will be out. If you don't find pedialax suppository, ask for Care infant/toddler suppository.

Going forward, increase his fibre intake. My son is almost 2 and we have been dealing with this

since birth till I figured out how to go about it. I prepare a meal for him that is high in fibre and helps soften his poop. 10cups of corn, 4 cups of soybeans and 2 cups of groundnut. Fry and grind all together. To prepare. put water to boil in a pot, dissolve mixture in water and stir to the consistency you want. Add sugar and milk and serve. Ensure he takes it at least 3-4 times in the week. You will see a difference.

Thank you so much ma'am, may the lord continue to bless you ma.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nathing: 10:57pm On Feb 17, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

You may need to review his meals and adjust his diet to ensure he is taking a good mix of fibre, fruits, vegetables and loads of water and other fluids.
pawpaw and mangoes are good for helping bowel movements. water, milk and diluted fresh juices can be offered. sugary drinks and juice drinks should be avoided.

you could also see your Paediatrician to prescribe a stool softener to use in the short term (depending on his age). this will help the poo come out easier and help alleviate his fear and show him that pooing doesn't have to be stressful. hopefully with this he will learn how to stop holding it in.

Thank you ma, points noted.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jamjam5000(f): 11:28pm On Feb 17, 2017
dtush:

Hi dear, i work in Ikoyi, i will appreciate any hook ups you have

Ok. I just sent you an email
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by VEE992(f): 5:39am On Feb 18, 2017
Mamas pls help me...my four month old son has serious cough and catarrh,gave him infants cough syrup but it didn't work.pls help me,I am around isolo,is there any children's hospital around here pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beeejaylere(f): 11:04am On Feb 18, 2017
[quote author=Florena post=53763346]mamas we finally took rota vaccine at solid rock hospital for 8k
Pls where is dis solid rock hospital?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beeejaylere(f): 11:30am On Feb 18, 2017
[quote author=Florena post=53763346]mamas we finally took rota vaccine at solid rock hospital for 8k
Pls which day of d week do they give d rota vaccine or we can just go anyday of d week?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nazablossom(f): 12:43pm On Feb 18, 2017
@Dtush , I nearly had a heart attack reading your story. I really thank God for saving your daughter, and I pray that you will get a better option at the end.May God continue to protect your family. And all the working moms that leave their lo's at the care of nanny/house help, I pray that nothing evil/bad shall come near them, Amen.
#peace

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by farydah: 2:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
nathing:

tenks ma'am for ur response, my son is almost two tho.
pele. I used paraffin oil for my son. HTH
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ajuwarhodes(f): 2:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
Florena:

Mine is 7months and we haven't even tried,am not just emotionally, nor physically ready
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ajuwarhodes(f): 2:45pm On Feb 18, 2017
[quote author=beeejaylere post=53822999][/quote]

Tuesdays and Saturdays
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Florena(f): 3:44pm On Feb 18, 2017
[quote author=beeejaylere post=53822999][/quote] Tuesdays and Saturdays, very nice people. I went on a Wednesday and they answered me after pleading
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Florena(f): 3:53pm On Feb 18, 2017
[quote author=beeejaylere post=53822253][/quote] if u are going in ur car, when you get to berger find your way to ogunusi road along iseri road, look out for akinsanya street along the road, the hospital is number 6.

or just take a public bus, drop at berger on the bridge, walk down to isheri road and take a bike to the hospital, its 100naira
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Florena(f): 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
ajuwarhodes:

Mine is 7months and we haven't even tried,am not just emotionally, nor physically ready
yeh! what are we doing to these men?

its unfair ooo cry cry

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bobojoshua(m): 5:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
Nita2013:
Mamas for help with libido try d below and thank me later.

Tiger nuts - 4cups
Coconut - One whole
Dates - 10 pieces (Hausas call it Dabino)

If the tiger nuts are the dried ones, soak overnight

Wash and blend all three with water....sieve and chill in d fridge. Drink like one or two glass cup and U can give to ur hubby to drink as well. It actually works sha.

Pls note: incase he starts chasing u like fly chasing poop or na u come dey chase am like fly chasing poop no complain ooo hahahaha

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
shocked shocked shocked
Pity the oga na
Me de gear up for 8weeks post partum o
Kpekus ministry must move forward
ajuwarhodes:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lizlazy(f): 11:08pm On Feb 18, 2017
Goodevenin wonderfu mummies in d house.My DS who is a year nd 7months doesnt eat natural food except friso rice,oats nd golden morn.What do I do to mke him eat natural food cos he is nt taking balan ced meal.I hope it wl nt impede his growth.Another prob is he doesn't have a smooth skin.kindly recommend a good baby cream dt I can use for him..expecting ur prompt reply
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 3:51am On Feb 19, 2017
Mamas in the house I salute. My 8months old baby always blinks his eyes. is it something I should be worried about or somebody Shud tell me it's part of his growth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:25am On Feb 19, 2017
On a lighter note, let me share my experience..

I used to be in this ship too but somehow I'm one leg out...
Last time we kpekused was when I was 6 weeks gone (may 2016), then bleeding followed suit, placenta previa showed face which made the Dr ban us from se.x while I was preggers.

Fast forward to my 6 weeks post-CS checkup, first question I asked my doc was about family planning but he said nothing will be done until I see my period...choi!!

My libido is still in sambisa forest as we speak, but I had to do what I had to do biko (b4 we go mark No-Kpekus 1 year anniversary grin). Shiii was painful o but how I for do na.... We don try!

Florena:
yeh! what are we doing to these men?

its unfair ooo cry cry

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 5:34am On Feb 19, 2017
lizlazy:
Goodevenin wonderfu mummies in d house.My DS who is a year nd 7months doesnt eat natural food except friso rice,oats nd golden morn.What do I do to mke him eat natural food cos he is nt taking balan ced meal.I hope it wl nt impede his growth.Another prob is he doesn't have a smooth skin.kindly recommend a good baby cream dt I can use for him..expecting ur prompt reply

For the meals, instead of friso rice use ground brown rice. You can make
- rice pudding for him (cook the ground rice in coconut milk) and serve wit milk.
- bread and tea. Use milo and make the tea very creamy. U can soak the bread inside
- Ground beans. Cook with Enuf Titus fish + crayfish
- semo and okro soup
- chicken and fried ice fish. Always give him as a snack / finger food
- blend banana or apple and add to his golden morn
- give him fruit smoothies eg banana+milk, watermelon+pawpaw+pineapple, carrot
-spagetti and minced meat. Cook very soft
- try mashed potatoes with fish

As you go on with these, you will know his preference. Stick to it.

Also feed him wheneva you are eating. Mk meal times attractive, buy a colorful plate and spoon + drinking cup. If you have high chair, maximise it.

You can check out August Secrets or Smileonfoods on Instagram. They have great recipes.

For the rough skin, E45, Aveeno or Eucerin should work. Also encourage him to take plenty water. It will improve his skin texture

6 Likes 13 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhukie(f): 11:20am On Feb 19, 2017
Hello mothers, please I need suggestions and ideas of healthy snacks and finger foods for a 14months old. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realdentist(f): 11:46am On Feb 19, 2017
jazzyjazz:
shocked shocked shocked
Pity the oga na
Me de gear up for 8weeks post partum o
Kpekus ministry must move forward
I trust u. No dulling. U too like kpekus grin
Just don't come n be asking us about uda water after one month

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by WambyDiapers: 12:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hello, we would like to share our findings about something that concerns us all. We see a lot of mums complaining about rashes, coughs and cartarrhs and being prescribed antibiotics constantly which do not work for 2 weeks and so many other childhood ailments. We spoke to some doctors and were given a pamphlet which we at Wamby Diapers would like to share with you. A lot of our babies are showing up with more allergies and it is being treated as a antibacterial infection or even malaria (that baffled us). Worse, we see parents stubbornly holding onto bad information and spreading it (we were told of a popular Mother and Child program which consistently gets things wrong but keeps sharing the info as correct). Please take the time to read this. Thanks

http://mameandboo..com.ng/2017/02/atopic-dermatitis-growing-concern.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.