Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:12 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (813) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4359729 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
grin grin grin
realdentist:
I trust u. No dulling. U too like kpekus grin
Just don't come n be asking us about uda water after one month
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:35pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ehen good afternoon o
I'm back again. Make una no vex

My ds has this rashes on his face. Initially it was on his face and neck, the one on the neck cleared after I used nycil powder for heat rashes (I usually make it into paste) but the one on the face kept spreading to the sides of his ear and it was reddish sort of so I got baby tribotan which seemed to work except that it made his skin too dry and the area now looked like one kind so I stopped using the baby tribotan this morning and used vaseline on his face so the skin can return to being soft.

Abeg is there anything I can do to make the rash clear? And how do I get the skin soft again?

Cc
Realdenti
Soonest
Mizmycoli
Other sabi mamas abeg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
Lol
JazzyJazz

Those first three lines or so got me cracked up. Dunno why o cheesy

Haven't experienced rashes with DD o.
The small one that broke out on her neck area, I used sudocream.

Mamas here have testified about sudocream. You should try it. Maybe that tribotan too strong for him.

What of coconut oil? Try applying it too on the rough skin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beckytunde(f): 5:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
Good day sirs / MA's
[Grace&Gladness Coconut OIL] is good,have a look at it! https://mobile.facebook.com/GandGVirginCoconutoil/

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 5:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
Jazzyjazz, just moisturize. Vaseline is ok. Leave a little water on his skin after bath, then apply your vaseline or Shea butter.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
Okay ma'am. Will do. Thanks for always responding
soonest:
Jazzyjazz, just moisturize. Vaseline is ok. Leave a little water on his skin after bath, then apply your vaseline or Shea butter.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
grin no laff joor

I have sudocream. I thought it was for nappy rash only. Ignorance na bad tin lipsrsealed

I nor get coconut oyel o. E cost well well for here but I get shea butter
MizMyColi:
Lol
JazzyJazz

Those first three lines or so got me cracked up. Dunno why o cheesy

Haven't experienced rashes with DD o.
The small one that broke out on her neck area, I used sudocream.

Mamas here have testified about sudocream. You should try it. Maybe that tribotan too strong for him.

What of coconut oil? Try applying it too on the rough skin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 7:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
jazzyjazz:
grin no laff joor

I have sudocream. I thought it was for nappy rash only. Ignorance na bad tin lipsrsealed

I nor get coconut oyel o. E cost well well for here but I get shea butter

I bought one 50cl Pepsi bottle for 1200.
But Na the original one.

Since you have shea butter, use it. It should suffice.
Or, if you want to use sudocream, use it on a small area, then leave overnight.
If no side effect, you can continue.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realdentist(f): 9:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Ehen good afternoon o
I'm back again. Make una no vex

My ds has this rashes on his face. Initially it was on his face and neck, the one on the neck cleared after I used nycil powder for heat rashes (I usually make it into paste) but the one on the face kept spreading to the sides of his ear and it was reddish sort of so I got baby tribotan which seemed to work except that it made his skin too dry and the area now looked like one kind so I stopped using the baby tribotan this morning and used vaseline on his face so the skin can return to being soft.

Abeg is there anything I can do to make the rash clear? And how do I get the skin soft again?

Cc
Realdenti
Soonest
Mizmycoli
Other sabi mamas abeg
I really don't know o. Other sabi mamas will chook mouth. But I have a feeling original coconut oil will come in handy here
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 5:24am On Feb 20, 2017
Finally, I have left reading ahead of a class into the class proper.
Baby Jed arrived 5days ago. Pls, mothers doing exclusive breast feeding is that how ur lo hangs on ur breast all day and how can I know if my son is getting enough milk. Cos of the prolong labour(27hrs) and after effect of epidural and episiotomy pain I couldn't breast feed for the 1st 3days so he was giving formula now I'm ready to go all the way with breastmilk to catch up with the quantity of the formula (50ml) per feed. He latchs well and my tinylittle breast is now so engroused with milk. Hope he is getting enough milk from me?

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BellaElla(f): 6:35am On Feb 20, 2017
ajuwarhodes:

Mine is 7months and we haven't even tried,am not just emotionally, nor physically ready

Mama, pls 7 months is a lot of time. Try to start it again before your hubby starts seeing you as his roomate cheesy. Or loses interest in the thing entirely. Consider his feelings too na. After 7 months you are totally healed.
Florena and Jazzyjazz no fear about the thing getting wider especially if you had an episiotomy.
I resumed kpekus at 8 weeks post Partum and the place was so tight. To get in was a big wahala. Your hubby won't complain trust me. You can start with the woman on top position so u can control the depth and thrust. Post Partum kpekus was very emotional for me especially the first time as it renewed our bonding experience and was totally worth every pain I felt.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 9:58am On Feb 20, 2017
Good morning mamas
Pls I need ur prayers
May I not use my own hands to bring pains to my home in Jesus Name Lord I need ur grace.
Last Wednesday I and baby would ve been history as a result of my carelessness
Normally I don't go near d cooker when I'm extremely tired or sleepy.but don't know how it happened I put water to boil at about 8pm,I forgot & slept off.
I was woken up by a persistent huGunternger at about 2.am lo n behold... I forgot to turn off d gas,the water dried up and d empty kettle was burning
GRACE! Who I am to deserve such mercy.d kettle practically was burning close to 6 hours cos it was but a cup of water I was boiling.
The kitchen was as hot as an oven at its peak of heat but not a single fire was kindled,I started rolling on d kitchen floor it can only b God
Pls join me thank Almighty Jehovah for sparing me n my baby,I just can't thank him enough
Anything can happen wen it comes to gas. A lot of people have lost their lives to cases not as serious as this

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dtush(f): 10:07am On Feb 20, 2017
[quote author=shrekandfiona post=53803794]
Hi dear, so sorry about your experience. Thank God your child is safe.

However, i will reiterate what alphahandmaiden earlier advised. Re-negotiate your work hours with your employers. propose a reduced work hour and agree to a reduced salary as well. They will accept as long as they don't have to pay for the shortfall.

I had to take extra 6 months off work without pay after I had my last child. My employers readily accepted as long as they didn't have to pay for my absence.

I am sorry to say this but how well do you know this your uncle who your child stays with till you come pick her? I hear a lot of child molestation stories especially with relatives and i fear for the girl child.

Hi Dear, thanks for your concern. She doesn't not exactly stay with my uncle, his wife is a full time mom, so she is always home with their kids and their nanny. My uncle is never really home. I have also scheduled a meeting with Head of HR today. We have an annex 15 minutes from my house, i want to get a concession to work from there 3 times in a week ( the days my brother has a heavy schedule)

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ganjababe: 10:19am On Feb 20, 2017
Dear Sabi Mamas,
Morning to you all. please who has used fenugreek oil for breast forming? Heard it helps to firm the breast after breastfeeding.
P.S - I resumed kpekus with DH 3 weeks post partum. iffaye say DH will get patience. it was a bit painful at first but after a week, we resumed fully *shines teeth*. So dear Mama, pls for DH's sake, resume kpekusing o. it is well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 11:08am On Feb 20, 2017
Secondly..do I really need to be told to be extra extra careful as this point?I've advised my self over and over,and maybe I need some scolding
Since she clocked 6 n I introduced semisolids I've been making pap myself for hygienes sake.
Few weeks ago she lost interest in it as she's now on family diet,she loves boiled carrots/fish, coconut rice amongst others.so I felt there's no need making a full rubber of pap and decided to patronize a woman that does home services.before I conceived I usually patronize her cos hers was clean so I was sure of safety
Been buying in bits from her for about 4 Weeks now .

Just got the shocker of my life
My baby fell sick since last Tuesday n d temperature, vomiting stooling refused to stop even after treatment.been thinking in circles wat she could have eaten.only for me to see live MAGGOTS in d so called pap I bought from d lady on Monday.I only buy little that can last a week so how on earth did they get in
Lord have mercy my baby ate that and fell sick almost immediately,though I didn't see dem while preparing,probably they were coming up. I stylishly confronted the Lady this morning just to get d right words from her and she confessed
I still can't believe my ears
"Oh madam rabbits dey disturb well well for my area, even sef the stand wey I for dey press my pap na e b their area of concentration, most times dey go tear d sack and eat part of the pap" those were her words
I'm at UBTH now to carry out necessary tests on my baby and get her treated before facing that woman.ITS JUST WEL!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 12:20pm On Feb 20, 2017
Tatacherie shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by euphorbia(f): 12:31pm On Feb 20, 2017
@tatacheri, what! shocked don't worry pls, your princess will get over it. na God make that woman confess ooo even if the cause isn't from her.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
Good day Mothers.
@tatacherie, God will continue to protect us from both seen and unseen dangers.
@dtush, God is ever faithful. You shall not in any way mourn in your family. He will grant you the grace in what to do.
Ladies, please I have a question. My princess will be 17months by next week. Though I stopped breastfeeding her on her birthday (12months), anytime I squeeze my nips, tiny drops of liquid come out.
DH, says he hopes it's not stopping me from conceving cos we have been trying since BG turned 1.
Anybody with same experience? Aunty flow hasn't come yet, though I am not bothered about it cos before my BG, I have serious irregular periods.
Please anyone with experience should help me shade more light. I haven't been to the hospital yet cos I have been busy and don't think it's much of a problem, but still a bit worried.
Cc: zayine, onegai, helovesme, soonest, coldfeet, Alphahandmaiden, enque, feddy27, farydah and othersabi mama.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 1:06pm On Feb 20, 2017
tatacherie:
Secondly..do I really need to be told to be extra extra careful as this point?I've advised my self over and over,and maybe I need some scolding
Since she clocked 6 n I introduced semisolids I've been making pap myself for hygienes sake.
Few weeks ago she lost interest in it as she's now on family diet,she loves boiled carrots/fish, coconut rice amongst others.so I felt there's no need making a full rubber of pap and decided to patronize a woman that does home services.before I conceived I usually patronize her cos hers was clean so I was sure of safety
Been buying in bits from her for about 4 Weeks now .

Just got the shocker of my life
My baby fell sick since last Tuesday n d temperature, vomiting stooling refused to stop even after treatment.been thinking in circles wat she could have eaten.only for me to see live MAGGOTS in d so called pap I bought from d lady on Monday.I only buy little that can last a week so how on earth did they get in

Lord have mercy my baby ate that and fell sick almost immediately,though I didn't see dem while preparing,probably they were coming up. I stylishly confronted the Lady this morning just to get d right words from her and she confessed
I still can't believe my ears
"Oh madam rabbits dey disturb well well for my area, even sef the stand wey I for dey press my pap na e b their area of concentration, most times dey go tear d sack and eat part of the pap" those were her words
I'm at UBTH now to carry out necessary tests on my baby and get her treated before facing that woman.ITS JUST WEL!!!

Oh dear! pele.

For maggots to be in the pap, it means the rabits are stooling around where the pap is being made and flies have laid their eggs on i the feaces and it got into the pap. even if there is no physical rabbit poo, you dont know where they have stepped on befoe coming to the pap, and it could easily be transfered like that.

Please always cook things like pap ( irrespective of the source) on the fire for like 5 mins or in a mictrowave to properly cook it and kill any germs or bugs inside if doing it for babies or those with sensitive digestive systems. hot water only is not usually sufficient.

hope your daughter gets better soon. hugs and kisses to her!

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CharmyBliz: 3:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
@tatacherie

thank you Jesus for your Divine protection
all Glory to you God almighty

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
cutiereborn:

Thanks.

No ideas...sorry!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 3:42pm On Feb 20, 2017
enque:

No ideas...sorry!
Thanks all the same
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Oh dear! pele.
hope your daughter gets better soon. hugs and kisses to her!
Thanks Ma,I hear u
Amen I pray so too.tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ginababy(f): 6:09pm On Feb 20, 2017
tatacherie, our God doesn't sleep. Had same experience while pregnant. Mine stayed on the fire from 8pm to 5am and no fire out break. Till date it has been my testimony.

Grace all the way.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Haleematm(f): 9:35pm On Feb 20, 2017
good eveng mothers. im a silent member pls if u dnt mind I v some questions to ask. we clocked 6 months on 4th of feb and introduced tripple meal recommended by our paediatrician(oka baba, soya beans and g.nut). my boy takes it like twice a day and in very little quantity. is dt enough for now? we v been battling wt weight gain since we had him. experienced mamas pls ur advice
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 20, 2017
tatacherie , thank God for His mercies. Pls you and other mamas can try buying processed packaged pap. Its safer and quality assured. There's one by Graceco foods. Big supermarkets like Shoprite, Justrite etc would have it. It doesn't produce lumps and very clean. God protect us and our children oo. Hian.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 10:58pm On Feb 20, 2017
@tatacherie

indeed, it can only be God, we thank Him for your testimony. God's grace is sufficient for us.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 11:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
Thanks mamas! He is indeed a merciful God
Goodnight rest to u all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jannies: 6:30am On Feb 21, 2017
Welcome on board to jannies kiddies, previous channel (jannies) is no more functional. Please do help invite your friends and family to this new channel jannies kiddies @ C00225D4F for a mind blowing shopping experience for kids and maternity ... watch this space!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 8:31am On Feb 21, 2017
Cutiereborn, I've been breastfeeding for close to 2yrs now. I was still breastfeeding my son wen I took in for my daughter. I continued breastfeeding all tru pregnancy, now it's tandem feeding ie both of them still breastfeeds

So I really can't say if breastfeeding stops one from getting pregnant

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 9:10am On Feb 21, 2017
feddy27:
Cutiereborn, I've been breastfeeding for close to 2yrs now. I was still breastfeeding my son wen I took in for my daughter. I continued breastfeeding all tru pregnancy, now it's tandem feeding ie both of them still breastfeeds

So I really can't say if breastfeeding stops one from getting pregnant
Thank you for replying Ma.
You are really the "Mum of the year". Breast feeding two babies who are not age mates.
I am hoping I am pregnant already cos I have been taking folic acid and I get some signs though not clear signs and HPT I did last3weeks says negative and am afraid of doing another and getting negative again.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tippex(f): 9:31am On Feb 21, 2017
Florena:
my sister you just said exactly what I'm feeling, my DS is 3months and we've not even tried. I'm just scared of everything possible

Lol, this also happened to me. I was so terrified the first time DH and i bd. I couldn't wait for it to be over, i was just so scared and praying that episiotomy stitch doesn't tear. Don't worry ladies,you will be fine, after a while you will get over it. Don't starve the Mr. bikonu.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.