Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,126 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (879) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4383921 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 10:07am On Apr 28, 2017
Finally thank God...av been eyeing this thread now am a member... Good morning mamas...

18 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 10:24am On Apr 28, 2017
temmytee1:
i started packing my baby's hair at 4 months. just dont make it too tight

Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 10:24am On Apr 28, 2017
nicoleswizzi:
Finally thank God...av been eyeing this thread now am a member... Good morning mamas...

You are welcome grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 10:26am On Apr 28, 2017
It's spreading..... I am so worried and I have used all what mamas in the house recommended. She sleep on her back so she sweat a lot. Should I just leave it and continue applying what I am. Am just worried. See picture @zaynie, alphaHandMaiden,Feddy27,sugah,enque, and all other sabi mama. Presently I have used shear butter, one antibiotics powder(am using that presently) was prescribed to me by doctor, I forgot the rest jare
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 10:32am On Apr 28, 2017
Akorkor:

You are welcome grin
Tanchu
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:54am On Apr 28, 2017
we just passed this phase....luckily we were holidaying at my mum's, so she helped me out.

She mixed a little 'SKINEAL ointment' with her body cream (NYCIL BABY LOTION) and applied it on the affected area after bath, and it cleared out in about a week.

Akorkor:
It's spreading..... I am so worried and I have used all what mamas in the house recommended. She sleep on her back so she sweat a lot. Should I just leave it and continue applying what I am. Am just worried. See picture @zay...nie, alphaHan...dMaiden,Fed...dy27,sul..gah,enque, and all other sabi mama. Presently I have used shear butter, one antibiotics powder(am using that presently) was prescribed to me by doctor, I forgot the rest jare
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:55am On Apr 28, 2017
nicoleswizzi:

Morning...and welcome
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:42am On Apr 28, 2017
Akorkor:
It's spreading..... I am so worried and I have used all what mamas in the house recommended. She sleep on her back so she sweat a lot. Should I just leave it and continue applying what I am. Am just worried. See picture @zayn.ie, alphaHa.ndMaiden,Fed.dy27,s.ugah,e.nque, and all other sabi mama. Presently I have used shear butter, one antibiotics powder(am using that presently) was prescribed to me by doctor, I forgot the rest jare

Maybe it's time you saw a Paed.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
Akorkor go see a pediatrician.
Ours recommended Dove sensitive soap and Neutrogena (although I switched to E45 as it can be used on babies from​ 3months) and his skin is clear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AbbynHummy(f): 1:24pm On Apr 28, 2017
[quote author=enque post=55994958]Why don't u give them standing instructions on what to do and what not to do?

i told her I'm doing exclusive for her, but she should knw nw DAT even if i had wanted to give her water it should be boiled water or pure water.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 1:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
sugah:
Akorkor go see a pediatrician.
Ours recommended Dove sensitive soap and Neutrogena (although I switched to E45 as it can be used on babies from​ 3months) and his skin is clear

Okay. InfAct her pediatrician recommended dove for her since she was born and that's what I have been using for her since. I will see pediatrician
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 1:51pm On Apr 28, 2017
Akorkor:

Okay. InfAct her pediatrician recommended dove for her since she was born and that's what I have been using for her since. I will see pediatrician
Ok. You might also want to reduce the number of times you bath her. We bath once a day(at night) but still apply the moisturizer in the mornings.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 1:55pm On Apr 28, 2017
BritneyStacy:

My Sis.....na stories that touch things o ooo. It was not deliberate at all. I sincerely wished it wasn't so o ooo....

it's all for the best my dear, I was also in your shoes and was blessed with a wonderful son.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2017
Team May 2016 mamas, wataguan!! How far with the preparations for our lovelies?

For me, I have come up with plan A, B and C and even counting down.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 2:08pm On Apr 28, 2017
[quote author=AbbynHummy post=56002683][/quote]

Please, anything that concerns taking care of your baby don't assume any other person knows or should know what to do especially when it has to do with what they eat. Leaving specific instructions will save you a lot of headache. Sometimes you need to spell everything out and even write down d instructions. Her opinion differs from yours. You may not be comfortable with some things that seems right to her.
I once heard of a matured nanny that broke d bottled food and fed d baby because she couldn't open the lid. You will assume she'd know that tiny particles of d bottle will be in d food but she gave it to d baby and to her, she did the right thing.
I left my house help to wash my children's water bottle. I do see her wash d bottles but one day I took a closer look at d bottles, I saw some brownish dirty things like mold on d ring of the bottle cover, I turned red that day. And to think that she wash them everyday, one will assume that a 22 yr old girl should know how to wash plates.

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 2:24pm On Apr 28, 2017
enque:

Morning...and welcome
tnk u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 2:49pm On Apr 28, 2017
sugah:

Ok. You might also want to reduce the number of times you bath her. We bath once a day(at night) but still apply the moisturizer in the mornings.
En en? I bath twice a day ohhh!!! I may try that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 3:33pm On Apr 28, 2017
Akorkor:

Bathing too often dries out the natural oils of the skin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 28, 2017
Evening all,am here to rent or secure an apartment since I have bin evicted 4rm the preggy thread,pls help welcome a sista n a first timer grin grin

16 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
Sansa143:
Evening all,am here to rent or secure an apartment since I have bin evicted 4rm the preggy thread,pls help welcome a sista n a first timer grin grin

Welcome, Welcome! sit down, put your feet up, hot puff puff is on fire.

cc. Giddyperson

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 28, 2017
Now,am beginning to love dis new neighbourhood!Hot puff puff on arrival,make I go find chilled zobo grin grin
AlphaHandMaiden:

Welcome, Welcome! sit down, put your feet up, hot puff puff is on fire.

cc. Giddyperson

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2017
You people that like bathing baby twice a day... I carry yansh for you. Especially baby wey no dey comot for house.
Except the baby is a really great sweater...i dont think it's necessary . Even they have stopped bathing them at birth at the hospital. They left my son for 2 days before bathing him because evidently the amniotic fluid is really good for the skin.
Like Sugah said, water strips the moisture off the skin.
I bathe my kids in the mornings and use a wet towel to swipe skin at night. I mix the water with the Aveeno bath gel or so and the skin stays moisturized till the next day.
Sugah's style is also bam.
Especially if baby has a dry skin or skin issues.

Like my mama will say "all the baff you're insisting for this child, did she goan carry pownpan at a site?

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:52pm On Apr 28, 2017
Zionx, how are you? It's been a while smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 6:00pm On Apr 28, 2017
Rofemiguwa
How r u feeling now?
Kpele
Pls b strong.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 7:11pm On Apr 28, 2017
Akorkor:

Stop bathing the baby twice a day. Infact, bathe at most, 4 times a week. That's how I conquered our own severe skin issues. His pediatrician told me "Stop bathing him everyday, babies don't get dirty. It's not as if he's rolling in the mud all day" But I moisturize him like 3 times a day with Aquaphor. Now he's free of extremely dry skin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 10:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
feddy27:
Ok mamas, let's have a discussion!!!!

RETURNING TO WORK AFTER MATERNITY LEAVE

I will add more as I remember.

Other mamas should please share their experiences we can all learn and help others

I wonder how I missed this kind of better discussion!

My tips are stuff I thought of after I quit my
Jon but realized would have helped me if I had known!

PLAN PLAN and PLAN

It's important to plan and make arrangements for all kinds of possible scenarios!

I find that one area usually would spill into the others when one is working with a baby in the mix!

Make lists of all the food/supplies you eat/ use monthly and quantity required! Put it on an excel sheet and note current quantity and gauge how long it'll last. This helps you while buying too and prevents those " madam/mummy/Aunty i(the help/maid/nanny etc ) didn't know the cereal has finished ma! Check the lists weekly! Stick in your pantry door too...

The monies you get dashed for having a baby set some aside to buy new clothes!

Check your wardrobe from top to bottom at some point in the second month of your three months leave!

Make a food time table for two weeks at least!
Cook in bulk as much as you can. Ensure you have as many customers in the market as possible on speed dial. See if some can drop stuff in your house while you're are at work! Build a good rapport with your cleaner/ assistants in the office some may do market trips for you during thier breaks/ low peak period.

Try to work out a schedule down to time and stick with it as much as possible.

Make enquiries at a back up Creche so if your regular Creche messes up you have a back up of some sort! Same with nanny/maid.

Set aside items for Creche for the week as much as possible! Possibly set your work outfits for the week too!

Thats all I can think up for now. Hope it makes sense somehow somehow

God help us all

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 7:36am On Apr 29, 2017
Am here to testify oooo. My DD now sucks very well a d looking chubby. Thanks to you all for the words of advice.
Quick question, pls are my to continue with the formula? Although she gets satisfied with the Bossom milk?

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lightedpath(f): 7:48am On Apr 29, 2017
Good morning mamas. Please I need help! My Lo poos 3 or more times initially. At 2 months plus she changed to once in 4 days to 10 days. She will be 6 months next week and she is exclusively breast fed and has changed frequency to 3 to 4 times since Wednesday. Pls how much is too much and can she take ors? I need all the help I can get please
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:00am On Apr 29, 2017
Lol. Thank God. Depends on you, if you want to do exclusive you can drop formula

Welcome Sansa145 and nicoleswizzi
Yesitsme:
Am here to testify oooo. My DD now sucks very well a d looking chubby. Thanks to you all for the words of advice.
Quick question, pls are my to continue with the formula? Although she gets satisfied with the Bossom milk?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 8:10am On Apr 29, 2017
lightedpath:
Good morning mamas. Please I need help! My Lo poos 3 or more times initially. At 2 months plus she changed to once in 4 days to 10 days. She will be 6 months next week and she is exclusively breast fed and has changed frequency to 3 to 4 times since Wednesday. Pls how much is too much and can she take ors? I need all the help I can get please
3-4 times a day?
Is it greenish..does it have mucus or blood? Is the consistency normal?
If none of the above, then there's nothing to worry about.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lightedpath(f): 8:19am On Apr 29, 2017
sugah:

3-4 times a day?
Is it greenish..does it have mucus or blood? Is the consistency normal?
If none of the above, then there's nothing to worry about.
thanks for your prompt reply. Consistency is normal. Still the egusi like poop. But some were green and some with mucus, others none of the two

(1) (2) (3) ... (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.