Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,117 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (880) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4384692 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 8:52am On Apr 29, 2017
zaynie:
You people that like bathing baby twice a day... I carry yansh for you. Especially baby wey no dey comot for house.
Except the baby is a really great sweater...i dont think it's necessary . Even they have stopped bathing them at birth at the hospital. They left my son for 2 days before bathing him because evidently the amniotic fluid is really good for the skin.
Like Sugah said, water strips the moisture off the skin.
I bathe my kids in the mornings and use a wet towel to swipe skin at night. I mix the water with the Aveeno bath gel or so and the skin stays moisturized till the next day.
Sugah's style is also bam.
Especially if baby has a dry skin or skin issues.

Like my mama will say "all the baff you're insisting for this child, did she goan carry pownpan at a site?
I bath her twice a day because she sweat a lot to the extent that if you removed her cloth you can squeeze water out from it. In this scenario, you will need to bath baby. And my environment is hot despite the AC or fan on 24/7.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 8:54am On Apr 29, 2017
MamaOO:

Stop bathing the baby twice a day. Infact, bathe at most, 4 times a week. That's how I conquered our own severe skin issues. His pediatrician told me "Stop bathing him everyday, babies don't get dirty. It's not as if he's rolling in the mud all day" But I moisturize him like 3 times a day with Aquaphor. Now he's free of extremely dry skin.

On this matter, I have to get a clarification from pediatrician because she sweat a lot and I can't imagine not bathing her twice a day. Thanks a lot for your suggestions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:15am On Apr 29, 2017
Akorkor:

I bath her twice a day because she sweat a lot to the extent that if you removed her cloth you can squeeze water out from it. In this scenario, you will need to bath baby. And my environment is hot despite the AC or fan on 24/7.

Are you serious!
Does her dad or anyone in your family sweat like this? I ask cos it might be a medical condition and can lead to dehydration and these skin issues. The earlier you know about it and know how to manage it the better you can help her.
Instead of bathing with soap why not use just water with some essential oil and a moisturising bath gel.
And swipe her body with wet towel in the afternoons so that the sweat don't stick for too long.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 9:27am On Apr 29, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Lol. Thank God. Depends on you, if you want to do exclusive you can drop formula EXCLUSIVE at 2months?

Welcome Sansa145 and nicoleswizzi
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yseries: 9:30am On Apr 29, 2017
Gd Morning Mamas, pls I want to inquire if it is safe to use washing machine to wash babies clothes and if the machine won't slacken d clothes. I'm abt to resume work and honestly this hand washing every day na something else. And I don't hv a maid.

Also pls which detergent is safe for washing baby Clothes.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 9:32am On Apr 29, 2017
Akorkor:

On this matter, I have to get a clarification from pediatrician because she sweat a lot and I can't imagine not bathing her twice a day. Thanks a lot for your suggestions

Maybe bathe once and rinse her other times?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 9:35am On Apr 29, 2017
yseries:
Gd Morning Mamas, pls I want to inquire if it is safe to use washing machine to wash babies clothes and if the machine won't slacken d clothes. I'm abt to resume work and honestly this hand washing every day na something else. And I don't hv a maid.

If you set the machine right you shouldn't have any problems!

You can use quick wash and ensure the temperature isn't above 30c. Also try the hand wash settings! It may work for your situation. You can also decide not to spin the clothes in the machine.

I spin mine though and when I had opportunity to use dryer on the clothes I used it with no damage to my baby clothes

I use persil and I've used tide laundry detergent before! They're both alright in my opinion

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 10:33am On Apr 29, 2017
zaynie:

Are you serious!
Does her dad or anyone in your family sweat like this? I ask cos it might be a medical condition and can lead to dehydration and these skin issues. The earlier you know about it and know how to manage it the better you can help her.
Instead of bathing with soap why not use just water with some essential oil and a moisturising bath gel.
And swipe her body with wet towel in the afternoons so that the sweat don't stick for too long.

Yes, her dad sweat a lot. Not that bad because the environment is hot anyway. Even adult sweat and you know they sleep on their back. So the sweat is mostly from the back. @babythug, I don't usually use soap to bath her the second time. I just use water to wash her body. That's all. Thanks for all your suggestions

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 10:39am On Apr 29, 2017
good morning mamas. please, has anybody used (or using) NUTRIBOM? i need reviews because m thinking of buying it for my baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yseries: 11:38am On Apr 29, 2017
babythug:

You can use quick wash and ensure the temperature isn't above 30c. Also try the hand wash settings! It may work for your situation. You can also decide not to spin the clothes in the machine.

I spin mine though and when I had opportunity to use dryer on the clothes I used it with no damage to my baby clothes

I use persil and I've used tide laundry detergent before! They're both alright in my opinion

Thanks a lot. Mine has a button called baby care , can I use that one too?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2017
yseries:

Thanks a lot. Mine has a button called baby care , can I use that one too?

I find that the temperature for baby care can be quite high ie 60c or 90c so I stopped using it years back because it faded out the clothes!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AbbynHummy(f): 3:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
nicoleswizzi:
Finally thank God...av been eyeing this thread now am a member... Good morning mamas...

congratulations. welcome on board

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AbbynHummy(f): 3:20pm On Apr 29, 2017
[quote author=Graciouscharis post=56004059]

Please, anything that concerns taking care of your baby don't assume any other person knows or should know what to do especially when it has to do with what they eat.

alright... will do jux DAT, tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 7:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
My machine has delicate wash setting and that's what I use. I've been using Persil with no issues
yseries:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yseries: 8:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
babythug:

I find that the temperature for baby care can be quite high ie 60c or 90c so I stopped using it years back because it faded out the clothes!

OK, thanks alot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yseries: 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2017
hunniesuzie:
My machine has delicate wash setting and that's what I use. I've been using Persil wioth no issues

Thanks a lot.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 9:12pm On Apr 29, 2017
Fyngal1:
good morning mamas. please, has anybody used (or using) NUTRIBOM? i need reviews because m thinking of buying it for my baby

My friend used it for her baby and it was cool and quite affordable, tried it but my son didn't like it. You just have to buy a pack, try and see the tolerance before buying in bulk.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:57am On Apr 30, 2017
Morning all,dis my first post here!I woke up arnd 1 n found out dat my boy bdy was hot,i got a thermometer n checked temp,noticed it was 38.2!So I did as advice in d hospital!I used tepid water n xposed him to air,now temp is down to 37.2,hope I have Notin to wori abt?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 3:04am On Apr 30, 2017
Is he eating well? Any other symptoms? Your LO is still quite young, I'll suggest you take him to the hospital when day breaks
Sansa143:
Morning all,dis my first post here!I woke up arnd 1 n found out dat my boy bdy was hot,i got a thermometer n checked temp,noticed it was 38.2!So I did as advice in d hospital!I used tepid water n xposed him to air,now temp is down to 37.2,hope I have Notin to wori abt?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:17am On Apr 30, 2017
He eats well,esp at night,he wakes up like evry hour n is just d temp,ntin more!
hunniesuzie:
Is he eating well? Any other symptoms? Your LO is still quite young, I'll suggest you take him to the hospital when day breaks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmytee1(f): 5:49am On Apr 30, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Abeg make Una no vex,
Abeg someone should bless me with fenugreek seeds
Please does it really work for breastfeeding milk production.
I'm at my lowest and baby is just 6months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmytee1(f): 5:54am On Apr 30, 2017
enque:
if u r in lagos, u can call this lady...she sells. 08051589470

Please where can I get fenugreek seed in Abuja
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 30, 2017
Sansa143:
I don't know how old your baby is but it happens to my lo any time she's about to pop a tooth.

But of course you should see a pead.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 30, 2017
He is 12days old,temp iss bak to normal,sleeping soundly now!We have an ap but is in 2wks time!Will keep monitoring,if dere is change,am off to d hospital!
meenagiggs:

I don't know how old your baby is but it happens to my lo any time she's about to pop a tooth.

But of course you should see a pead.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:16pm On Apr 30, 2017
temmytee1:

Please where can I get fenugreek seed in Abuja

Sorry I don't have an idea
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:55pm On Apr 30, 2017
Zara says Happy Sunday Mamas
#5Months

17 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2017
enque:
Zara says Happy Sunday Mamas
#5Months

Cute baby zara. Pls why do u still wear mitten for her does she suck her fingers? Cos I do for my 10weeks old son cos I noticed he wants to start sucking his fingers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MetroTee: 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
babythug:

Wish I knew this earlier. I used to use the baby care setting and it practically damaged her clothes. made them really slack. Now we just do quick wash or hand wash setting

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:32pm On Apr 30, 2017
temmytee1:

Please does it really work for breastfeeding milk production.
I'm at my lowest and baby is just 6months

People say it works o
My milk production has been low from the beginning and pumping has never helped and my boy is now rejecting formula
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamitie: 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
MetroTee:

Wish I knew this earlier. I used to use the baby care setting and it practically damaged her clothes. made them really slack. Now we just do quick wash or hand wash setting
me i use quick wash or select cotton, it washes it gently and spins gently,i never use hand wash since i left the hospital, where is the strength self undecided, the clothes are better self than when dey use hand to help me slack the neck angry

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by temmytee1(f): 3:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
jazzyjazz:

People say it works o
My milk production has been low from the beginning and pumping has never helped and my boy is now rejecting formula
Thanks.
I pumped in the earlier days and it was good. If you have time to pump upto 4 to 6 times a day, it could get better
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jaysmama(f): 3:18pm On Apr 30, 2017
Sansa143:
I bet you wrapped him up in too many items. It happens when the baby is too hot. You need to reduce the things you are wearing . At two weeks i stopped wearing hat and socks for my baby I would only wear like sleepsuit or bodysuits depending on the weather. The same way they can catch cold is the same way they can heat up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.