Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4384547 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 3:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
okirewaju: You are welcome

I don't know if mine is the right way but what I do is I put cerelac in baby's feeder then pour little cold(ordinary) water then I add hot water from the flask which when mixed with the cold water(already in the feeder) makes it warm water. Hope you understand what am trying to explain?

Then I shake and keep shaking till it is without seed

I sometimes make mistake and the seed clog the feeder tip but in all practice make perfect

Sometimes I find out that I poured too much water(I add more cerelac) while sometimes I find out that the food is too thick(I add more water)sometimes I get it just right wink

Who said its easy been a mom
grin

It's not advisable to feed cerelac or any type of cereal through the bottle / feeder because of choking

Pls read it up

A bowl and spoon as shown in the picture on the pack is better

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
MojAyo: okay,tanx for d advice,pls is it hot water u use to mix ur baby food or just warm,and re they bottle water,u knw why I'm asking,I boiled tap water inside d flask to mix my baby food dis morning,I put d hot water to mix with d cereal,there were still some big particles there,it wasn't smooth,which I tried to make it smooth,bt its nt,then when I give my baby,he was crying,after some time he vomited it,yesterday when I want to prepare his cereal,I use warm bottle water which does nt make him to vomit,I'm thinking something is nt right the way I make his food dis morning,pls help me out

Since the warm water dint make him vomit why not keep using it. It's all trial and error and no two babies are the same. Do whatever works for your child.

Relax, you are a good mom, perfection is not required. Hugs

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by okirewaju(f): 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
favoredgal:

It's not advisable to feed cerelac or any type of cereal through the bottle / feeder because of choking

Pls read it up

A bowl and spoon as shown in the picture on the pack is better
This is what I use(pix), pls is this bad too?

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
okirewaju: This is what I use(pix), pls is this bad too?
This is fine. It's a spoon at the end (spoon dispenser)

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by agiboma(f): 10:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
blank:

I dey fine o. I guess i hardly come to this thread again cos my pikin has outgrown the newborn phase. If not for the mention...

That being said, where is Agiboma?

@Blank how are you mommy? I think you have 3 now? i hope you and hubby are slowing down lol. SO much has changed we are now back in Canada full-time so no more PH for now. Looking to cross over to USA as I was offered a position that is really hard to turn down, but will see how things pan out. Take good care was nice reading from you again!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
okirewaju: You are welcome

I don't know if mine is the right way but what I do is I put cerelac in baby's feeder then pour little cold(ordinary) water then I add hot water from the flask which when mixed with the cold water(already in the feeder) makes it warm water. Hope you understand what am trying to explain?

Then I shake and keep shaking till it is without seed

I sometimes make mistake and the seed clog the feeder tip but in all practice make perfect

Sometimes I find out that I poured too much water(I add more cerelac) while sometimes I find out that the food is too thick(I add more water)sometimes I get it just right wink

Who said its easy been a mom
grin
seriously,its nt easy,bt God will help us out

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 02, 2014
favoredgal:

Since the warm water dint make him vomit why not keep using it. It's all trial and error and no two babies are the same. Do whatever works for your child.

Relax, you are a good mom, perfection is not required. Hugs
tanx for calling me a good mum
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 02, 2014
My adorable prince is 2wks old, his birth weight is 2.8kg cos I delivered him @ 36wks through c section because of placenta previa issue. I think his weight is a little bit low compared 2 his elder brother nd sister who weigh 3.8kg nd 3.4kg. My friend told me about complan, but I think complan is meant for the elderly, athletes, pregnant and nursing mothers. Am feeding him with sma gold as of now, though he sleeps a lot but I always wake him up to eat. I want him to add sum weight. I don't know much about similac, pls friends help me out and suggest the best infant formular for my baby. I wouldn't mind the price plssssssssss!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omoerelu1: 9:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
@Zikamax, my daughter was also weighing 2.8kg at birth. I was worried too. but breastfeeding did the magic for me o. she is now very big and chubby. I cant even carry her for long without complaining. so my dear,if u can,breastfeed him and you will see the difference.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julijuu: 10:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
@zikamax yes I agree with omoerelu breastmilk is d best infant formula dat ill giv u wat u r luking for mine was 2.8 also at birth so I did exclusive breastfeeding for him now he is 4months n weigh 8.5 kg very plump.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:32am On Aug 03, 2014
Hello mothers,I started my 6month baby with wheat cerelac 5 days ago,now I bought rice and maize cerelac(for 6month),now I want to ask if d two will be good for my baby,hope d grain inside(wheat and maize)won't be too much for d baby,pls advice
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 03, 2014
Hello,mothers,pls since d day I introduce my baby to solid(wheat cerelac)he has been having cold and also doing like he ve water in his nose,he is playing happily,and ve put on weight and nt having diarrhea,I dnt knw if he is reacting to it or is just common cold
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 03, 2014
:DDear am doing d breastfeeding, thinking breast milk alone may not perform the magic.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Simplesoul05(m): 9:59am On Aug 03, 2014
Sweet mummies in the house pls help me ooo.... av been seeing this skin reaction on my daughter's skin and i was told its eela(its yoruba name) i dont knw what they call it in english. Ols maam is there anythin i can use to send this stuff away from her skin?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julijuu: 11:21am On Aug 03, 2014
@mojAyo yes its cold not reaction hav seen such severally with my baby all I do is apply mentholator on his nose,chest,back and foot and cover him and I also add silver bird eucalyptus oil to his bathing water and everything will disappear,d weather is always cold now so mak sure u apply mentholator on him after creaming his body Wen eva u bath him dat way he will neva catch cold.all d best.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julijuu: 11:30am On Aug 03, 2014
simplesoul its ela in English it is called infant enzima look for Mycoten antifungal cream it 200 in phermercies n dats where u will gett d original apply it on ur baby after bath dnt rub his cream apply only mycoten and it will clear if it has not goten into his system but if it has goten in his system den he will need anti boitic to clear d one inside if not it will keep reoccourring.also yoruba pple do use agbo to cure it but I dnt sopport giving little babies agbo unless to use it n bath Dem only so d choice is urs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 03, 2014
julijuu: @mojAyo yes its cold not reaction hav seen such severally with my baby all I do is apply mentholator on his nose,chest,back and foot and cover him and I also add silver bird eucalyptus oil to his bathing water and everything will disappear,d weather is always cold now so mak sure u apply mentholator on him after creaming his body Wen eva u bath him dat way he will neva catch cold.all d best.
tanx dear,I also think its cold
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julijuu: 11:40am On Aug 03, 2014
@zikamax yes it will do it for u all u need to do is to make sure he suck each breast very well before u switch to anoda dat way he will get enough of d rich milk dat will make him add weigh fast dats d secret and u also eat good food and stay hydrated and feed him constantly do NT allo him get hungry before u feed. dats all I did and It was like magic though wasn't easy but it worth d stress.wishing u all d best

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 03, 2014
We call it ''nlacha'' in igbo. U shld avoid sugary food, drinks etc while breastfeeding. Nlacha and jadi jadi atimes comes 2gather. Sometimes ur baby's poop may turn greenish in colour, and he tends 2 cry after eating or sucking, d rashes is itching nd will make ur baby uncomfortable. Try dis foreign milk care below. It is a baby vitality moisture cream with vitamin c. Try it. Its very good

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
Julijuu thanks a lot, I really appreciate.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Simplesoul05(m): 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
Zikamax: We call it ''nlacha'' in igbo. U shld avoid sugary food, drinks etc while breastfeeding. Nlacha and jadi jadi atimes comes 2gather. Sometimes ur baby's poop may turn greenish in colour, and he tends 2 cry after eating or sucking, d rashes is itching nd will make ur baby uncomfortable. Try dis foreign milk care below. It is a baby vitality moisture cream with vitamin c. Try it. Its very good

Are u also tlkin abt the baby enzema
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Simplesoul05(m): 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2014
julijuu: simplesoul its ela in English it is called infant enzima look for Mycoten antifungal cream it 200 in phermercies n dats where u will gett d original apply it on ur baby after bath dnt rub his cream apply only mycoten and it will clear if it has not goten into his system but if it has goten in his system den he will need anti boitic to clear d one inside if not it will keep reoccourring.also yoruba pple do use agbo to cure it but I dnt sopport giving little babies agbo unless to use it n bath Dem only so d choice is urs.

What is the cause of this infant enzima
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 04, 2014
Simplesoul yea dats wat am talking about. It can also cause hair loss when it enters ur baby's hair. U can as well use saint leaf, sqeeze out d juice, give him some nd rub some on d affected part. Dis method is normally used when d ela hs gone into d stomach. It will clear off within 3 days.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 11:49am On Aug 04, 2014
agiboma:

@Blank how are you mommy? I think you have 3 now? i hope you and hubby are slowing down lol. SO much has changed we are now back in Canada full-time so no more PH for now. Looking to cross over to USA as I was offered a position that is really hard to turn down, but will see how things pan out. Take good care was nice reading from you again!

Awww. That's lovely. Very happy for you and your family. I am still at two o. I don press brake for now. Time to grow my career. Still keep in touch. Don't disappear again.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Simplesoul05(m): 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
Zikamax: Simplesoul yea dats wat am talking about. It can also cause hair loss when it enters ur baby's hair. U can as well use saint leaf, sqeeze out d juice, give him some nd rub some on d affected part. Dis method is normally used when d ela hs gone into d stomach. It will clear off within 3 days.

Saint Leaf is called efirin, right? if yes i will run to do that now o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hello mums & dads in da house! Please, can one feed 9mths old LO blended Oats? What's your take on adding Glucose D to his meals too? He's my first child, so kinda new to baby care/meals. Thanks

About 'Ela', it's advisable not to rub raw Skinneal/baby tribotan on your baby directly because of their steroid ingredient (says my LO paed), instead, mix any with your baby cream (my boy uses Shea butter-ori). I used lamisil & local herbal soap for my boy when he had it, & it worked.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 4:56am On Aug 05, 2014
Zikamax: My adorable prince is 2wks old, his birth weight is 2.8kg cos I delivered him @ 36wks through c section because of placenta previa issue. I think his weight is a little bit low compared 2 his elder brother nd sister who weigh 3.8kg nd 3.4kg. My friend told me about complan, but I think complan is meant for the elderly, athletes, pregnant and nursing mothers. Am feeding him with sma gold as of now, though he sleeps a lot but I always wake him up to eat. I want him to add sum weight. I don't know much about similac, pls friends help me out and suggest the best infant formular for my baby. I wouldn't mind the price plssssssssss!!!
hey there. I am happy to be back again after a long break. My little one is almost two now. Want to thank all the sweet mum for their advice it realy helped me pass through those tiny little trouble they give. @ zikamax I think u should try Aptamil it is good for all category of children especially those that are sensitive to lactose. That's what my angel took and she is looking very healthy and hardly falls sick and also very intellegent. But breast milk is still the best.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:02am On Aug 05, 2014
Hello mothers,pls I'm having a doubt of changing my baby food cereal,he has been on wheat cerelac past 6days ago,he will be 6month next week by God grace,I noticed sometimes after feeding my baby,he became so irritated,dat he won't let u do anything,he has gain weight since d introduction of d cereal,sometimes he felt calm and happy after feeding him,and he is nt having diarrhea,I just want to knw what's making my baby so irritated,my mum said maybe stomach is paining him becos of d wheat cereal,maybe he is nt able to digest it vry well(I took d cereal frm 6-12months)mothers pls help me out,there is another baby fOod cereal available for him,I'm thinking of switching on to dat(Rice and maize cereal),mothers,pls advice me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 5:06am On Aug 05, 2014
MojAyo: And can giving baby breastmilk with a lot of water cause diarrhea
you don't need to give water when giving breast milk because it already contains the quantity of water the baby will be needing. If in doubt extract breastmilk into a glass and allow to stay for a long time u will see the water seperate from the milk. Then u will be able to know the quantity of water in breast milk. Giving water could lead to so meny kinds of sickness because of its source.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:09am On Aug 05, 2014
ciscamustexcel: you don't need to give water when giving breast milk because it already contains the quantity of water the baby will be needing. If in doubt extract breastmilk into a glass and allow to stay for a long time u will see the water seperate from the milk. Then u will be able to know the quantity of water in breast milk. Giving water could lead to so meny kinds of sickness because of its source.
thank God u re online,can u pls answer my question
MojAyo: Hello mothers,pls I'm having a doubt of changing my baby food cereal,he has been on wheat cerelac past 6days ago,he will be 6month next week by God grace,I noticed sometimes after feeding my baby,he became so irritated,dat he won't let u do anything,he has gain weight since d introduction of d cereal,sometimes he felt calm and happy after feeding him,and he is nt having diarrhea,I just want to knw what's making my baby so irritated,my mum said maybe stomach is paining him becos of d wheat cereal,maybe he is nt able to digest it vry well(I took d cereal frm 6-12months)mothers pls help me out,there is another baby fOod cereal available for him,I'm thinking of switching on to dat(Rice and maize cereal),mothers,pls advice me
ciscamustexcel: you don't need to give water when giving breast milk because it already contains the quantity of water the baby will be needing. If in doubt extract breastmilk into a glass and allow to stay for a long time u will see the water seperate from the milk. Then u will be able to know the quantity of water in breast milk. Giving water could lead to so meny kinds of sickness because of its source.
thank God u re online,can u pls answer my question
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:11am On Aug 05, 2014
Mothers,pls,what re home remedies for cold and cough
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zemaye: 8:31am On Aug 05, 2014
MojAyo: Mothers,pls,what re home remedies for cold and cough
Han han madam you seem to be a worry warrior Na wa e no hard like that. Take a chill pill Abeg, if your child is not running temperature and you dress em up properly.relax and apply methylaton . a drop of honey do wonders for babies cough[color=#990000][/color] grin kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.