Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (977) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4390030 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 10:01am On Jun 27, 2017
goodfortun:
Hi mums! Happy sallah and happy Sunday! Went baby shopping yesterday and was quite overwhelmed. Especially bout clothes and gears. I need help!!!
1. I bought sleepsuits and body suits 0-3months (7) in no. Is that okay for a start? If not how many

2. What other kind of clothes can I buy? Are onesies different from the above? Then top and trousers or shorts, how many to start with.

3. Is there a specific make of towels or kind? Bot a 3-in-1 for 1900. But don't particularly like the fluffiness. Want to buy a better quality but unsure.

4. I bot a pack of 4-in-1receiving blanket. Is that okay? And is it different from burp cloth? I asked but was not given a different one.

5. Apart from bouncer what other gear is necessary for New born e.g. carrier, car seat. Don't want to buy without need initially.

6. Would appreciate prices and if possible shops where I can get these items in Lagos.

7. SOrry for the plenty queries but I'm as lost as can be and just moved to lag.

Thanks plenty!
first of all check your height and that of ur hubby and also other grandchildren In your family.
That will determine the sizes of cloth to buy. My kids don't wear 0-3 months ajasco(pijamas pinipini) because of their height. Unles it is very long. All the 0-3 month clothes I bought I just gave them out to other mums. So for u not to be stranded and letting other peoples choice become yours buy 0-3months 4 and 3-6months 4 pieces.
Buy at least 3singlets cos they will need it to wear trousers and shirt
Buy more of the short sleeve pinipini(onesie) lets say 5pieces. Then buy at least 4socks and mittens and buy at least 6caps 3cotten materials 3made of wool.
As for the diaper changing mat it is very important cos my lo only like to poop and pee as soon as you remove his diaper. U can get a small one that can fit into any bag.
Then u need a small bag that can contain the diaper changing mat, wipes, a few diapers, jelly(Vaseline) paracetamol, vit c, and baby oil for his head. It is necessary cos u
If u have a visitor u can't leave your baby and go and start looking for thing so it should be portable enough so that an order child can always help u get it at any time.
Note that when buying things buy unisex colors so that you can use them for other kids.

I wore my son a shoe I bought for the sister when she was a baby and my daughter started laughing at me that I used to dress her brother like a girl cos the shoe is pink.

Then buy a dozen of face towel, and a set of baby towel.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 10:08am On Jun 27, 2017
goodfortun:
Hi mums! Happy sallah and happy Sunday! Went baby shopping yesterday and was quite overwhelmed. Especially bout clothes and gears. I need help!!!
1. I bought sleepsuits and body suits 0-3months (7) in no. Is that okay for a start? If not how many

2. What other kind of clothes can I buy? Are onesies different from the above? Then top and trousers or shorts, how many to start with.

3. Is there a specific make of towels or kind? Bot a 3-in-1 for 1900. But don't particularly like the fluffiness. Want to buy a better quality but unsure.

4. I bot a pack of 4-in-1receiving blanket. Is that okay? And is it different from burp cloth? I asked but was not given a different one.

5. Apart from bouncer what other gear is necessary for New born e.g. carrier, car seat. Don't want to buy without need initially.

6. Would appreciate prices and if possible shops where I can get these items in Lagos.

7. SOrry for the plenty queries but I'm as lost as can be and just moved to lag.

Thanks plenty!
this is a pix of the diaper changing mat when spread back and front and when folded in a the small bag I use at one and the one I go out with

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:43am On Jun 27, 2017
sugah:

Uwc. grin
I posted this a while ago, worked for me and veejay who did it recently too. You might want to give a try.

"On the doctor's recommendations for cradle cap (noticed my son's scalp was dry and flaky and his front hairline was receeding...so we went to see his doc).
Put olive oil on the scalp and leave on for 15mins
Use a fine tooth comb to gently massage the scalp and also comb up the flakes
Then wash hair with selsun blue shampoo (active ingredient is selenium...dunno if that is what sebamed has too) and slightly towel dry
Apply hair oil and comb.

This should be done once a week for 2 weeks...I.e twice.
Healed my boys scalp instantly... Now we are patiently waiting for his bald spots to grow back"

Ciscamustexcel
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queenhecate: 11:21am On Jun 27, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
Good morning sabi mamas
My lo is having a kind of dandruff on his hair. At first I thought it was soap and I was not washing it out but with time I found out it is no and it is called INFANT CRADLE CAP pls has anyone had this kind of experience and how did you go about it. And it's pulling his hair.

This is what I did for my kids...
At night before bed, pour plenty olive oil on the scalp and rub it in.

cover with a cap overnight.

during bathtime the next day, wash well with shampoo and comb out.
you will see the flakes falling out by themselves leaving a brand new smooth scalp.
try it. it works.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 11:38am On Jun 27, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
Good morning sabi mamas
My lo is having a kind of dandruff on his hair. At first I thought it was soap and I was not washing it out but with time I found out it is no and it is called INFANT CRADLE CAP pls has anyone had this kind of experience and how did you go about it. And it's pulling his hair.
Apply lots of oil and comb with a fine tooth comb! It will come off gradually. Nothing to worry about as the hair will definitely grow back.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettmum(f): 12:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
[quote author=baeboss post=57877648]Hi mamas in the house! Please where can one get rotavirus vaccine in calabar? [/

I asked about it in UCTH they said I should go to navy clinic, but haven't not gone sha.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2017
What exactly is running stomach. How often does she poo? What's the consistency? This will help sabi mamas advice you better. What was her birth weight and her weight when you went to the hospital? Hardly sleeping may be her growing, babies sleep less as the grow

I basically eat what I like (no alcohol though angry ) and the only problem is my weight tbh.

poshestmina:
Good evening house, please I want to know food breastfeeding mums should avoid. My 1month old LO has been having a running stomach for 5 days now,we went to see our doctor and he gave us ORS and some other drugs... it has subsided a little but my LO feels very light and hardly sleeps (started today) cry.

I feel really helpless and wouldn't want this to happen again since everyone is blaming me for 'eating anyhow'. Please any kind of food I need to avoid, I can't stand seeing my baby like this. embarassed

cc giddyperson
Jazzyjazz
Alphamaiden
Ahnie
Zaynie
All sabi mamas
Please epp

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 27, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
Good morning sabi mamas

@Liftedhands already said it all. My daughter had it and I was only advised to oil it and let it peel off on its own, before you. Knew it, it went off.

You don't need to oil and sit and begin to comb it (like Ohhhh dis dandruff must go today, naaaaa, cos their skin is still very tender), do the usual combing and little by little it will clear off.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:39pm On Jun 27, 2017
Plenty coconut oil then comb out the flakes, thats what worked for me

ciscamustexcel:
Good morning sabi mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2017
Lmao. Onaswu onion water lo le se oh! *rings bell*

Boil onion peels with your baby's bath water then use the water to bathe him/her. You will testify grin

enque:

Onions water ninjas.. Ngwanu...epp ds mama

Mzm.ycoli
Hunn.iesuzie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:45pm On Jun 27, 2017
Really? Anybody know any reputable seller? Cos me I cannot make pap oh. Also what should I put in it to sweeten it?

voucher:

Yes a 4 month old can take pap..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 27, 2017
poshestmina:
Good evening house, please I want to know food breastfeeding mums should avoid. My 1month old LO has been having a running stomach for 5 days now,we went to see our doctor and he gave us ORS and some other drugs... it has subsided a little but my LO feels very light and hardly sleeps (started today) cry.

I feel really helpless and wouldn't want this to happen again since everyone is blaming me for 'eating anyhow'. Please any kind of food I need to avoid, I can't stand seeing my baby like this. embarassed

cc giddyperson
Jazzyjazz
Alphamaiden
Ahnie
Zaynie
All sabi mamas
Please epp

You are in the best position to know this. Take note of what you eat few hours before the frequent pooing start cos in my case I eat all the eatables and no worries. Even the coconut and mango they said nursing mothers don't eat I ate them like anything.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
@Liftedhands I see you! Good to have u back. longestvtime. how's ur lil cutie

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Really? Anybody know any reputable seller? Cos me I cannot make pap oh. Also what should I put in it to sweeten it?

pureed fruits to sweeten.... apple, banana.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 27, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Lmao. Onaswu onion water lo le se oh! *rings bell*

Boil onion peels with your baby's bath water then use the water to bathe him/her. You will testify grin

Heeeeennnn gini? I always dey read onion onion water but I never just for once read what it's used for, ok now. This post na my own. Thank you.

But, the peel? Is that not the part you peel away?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:52pm On Jun 27, 2017
Thanks Mama. Hope you're enjoying the holiday? Seller nko? My lazy ar.se can't make pap oh

enque:

pureed fruits to sweeten.... apple, banana.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:07pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hehehe. Yes it is oh

olubankemi:

Heeeeennnn gini? I always dey read onion onion water but I never just for once read what it's used for, ok now. This post na my own. Thank you.

But, the peel? Is that not the part you peel away?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:07pm On Jun 27, 2017
hunniesuzie:

In my opinion (I'm an ogi Voltron btw) it's better to wait till six months before offering pap. However if you choose to start now at four months it's your choice.

You will need plenty baby milk to sweeten which will equate the same scoops your baby will need if you feed him just the milk without the pap. If you add the cost of the pap plus milk you've spent much more than if you only offered milk.

Now if you go less on the milk scoop your child may reject the pap and you've wasted time and money on it already! Plus your baby not getting the right amount of milk for his age.

This is my opinion like I stated earlier and it's based on the fact that majority of mums who desire to start their babies early on pap do so to save cost of baby formula.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2017
tchiwinnie:
@Lifted hands I see you! Good to have u back. longestvtime. how's ur lil cutie
Thank you sis! He is very well. How are you too? My love and kisses to your boy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 1:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
Please ohhh mamas, my baby poo is kind of black. She has been cranky since two days ago doing carry me carry me things. I personally think its growth spurt but am worried about the poo. Why black. Started solid for her last week and she took it well starting from Apple puree, banana puree, betroor, avocado and tom brown? These am trying it two days interval. Please what do you think am doing wrong? Dont want to be going to hospital every seconds jare because my leg dey fast go there. @AlphaHandMaiden, enque,jazzjazz,LiftedHands, zaynie. Sugah(How is your son now?) It is well with you in jesus name.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
Akorkor:
Please ohhh mamas, my baby poo is kind of black. She has been cranky since two days ago doing carry me carry me things. I personally think its growth spurt but am worried about the poo. Why black. Started solid for her last week and she took it well starting from Apple puree, banana puree, betroor, avocado and tom brown? These am trying it two days interval. Please what do you think am doing wrong? Dont want to be going to hospital every seconds jare because my leg dey fast go there. @AlphaHan dMaiden, enqenq ue,jazjaz zjazz,LiftedHLiftedH ands, zaynzayn ie. SuSu gah(How is your son now?) It is well with you in jesus name.
You are doing nothing wrong! One or more of the food is rich in iron thus the black poo. My son always excretes thread like black substance whenever he eats banana.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:30pm On Jun 27, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Thanks Mama. Hope you're enjoying the holiday? Seller nko? My lazy ar.se can't make pap oh

My dd no gree me sleep well during this holiday o.... Screaming + babbling , hyperactive play and learning to crawl + dipping her fingers into any plate of food she sees grin
Can't wait to start my leave next week...going to offload her at my mum's Biko grin grin Make I rest small.

As per d Pap matter, can't believe that my 7 month old hasn't tasted Pap at all (considering that I love Pap die!!!)
I don't know anyone that sells in Lagos o... Was hoping on August secrets Pap but she has stopped Making pap and replaced with other baby foods.

I really wanna try making it myself but I never coordinate myself finish grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:30pm On Jun 27, 2017
Liftedhands:
You are doing nothing wrong! One or more of the food is rich in iron thus the black poo. My son always excretes thread like black substance whenever he eats banana.

Mama!!
Been a while..
How's the family?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2017
Liftedhands:
Ohhkk. Thank you. I saw something like that too in her poo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2017
Akorkor:
Please ohhh mamas, my baby poo is kind of black. She has been cranky since two days ago doing carry me carry me things. I personally think its growth spurt but am worried about the poo. Why black. Started solid for her last week and she took it well starting from Apple puree, banana puree, betroor, avocado and tom brown? These am trying it two days interval. Please what do you think am doing wrong? Dont want to be going to hospital every seconds jare because my leg dey fast go there. @AlphaHandMaiden, enque,jazzjazz,LiftedHands, zaynie. Sugah(How is your son now?) It is well with you in jesus name.

Beet root may be d cause. It's high in iron
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2017
poshestmina:

cc giddyperson
Jazzyjazz
Alphamaiden
Ahnie
Zaynie
All sabi mamas
Please epp

Try and remember what you ate before your baby started stooling. That's the only way you can eliminate the problem.
For me I eat everything! As in everythibg to my satisfaction and it does not affect my lo. I de even add small red wine sometimes (I don't breastfeed my son when I take red wine o I jejely give him formula)

But if you're not satisfied you can take him to a doctor
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
Graciouscharis:

Beet root may be d cause. It's high in iron
Okay!!!.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
Giddyperson I don de do d puff puff o
If e comot well I go put pics.
Fingers crossed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Giddyperson I don de do d puff puff o
If e comot well I go put pics.
Fingers crossed

keto puff-puff?? grin grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 1:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hello mama's,pls hw do i gain weight while breastfeeding.i have loose so much weight after delivery nd its getting me frustrated as in eeehnn I usually take biggest tin Milo Nd milk b4 2weeks Nd it's really affecting my baby he is having jedijedi now sad.so I need to stop taking tea cus of my baby.pls advice me on anything to take.
PS..can i take drug(muwumawu drug) to gain weight cheesy...my baby is 8weeks.
Cc zaynie,jazzyjazz,liftedhands,hunnisuzie and all active Sabi mama on dis thread wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2017
Rhemy2013:
Hello mama's,pls hw do i gain weight while breastfeeding.i have loose so much weight after delivery nd its getting me frustrated as in eeehnn I usually take biggest tin Milo Nd milk b4 2weeks Nd it's really affecting my baby he is having jedijedi now sad.so I need to stop taking tea cus of my baby.pls advice me on anything to take.
PS..can i take drug(muwumawu drug) to gain weight cheesy...my baby is 7weeks.
Cc zaynie,jazzyjazz,liftedhands,hunnisuzie and all active Sabi mama on dis thread wink
Mawu Gini? Please don't even think it. Just come lemme give you some of my fat I gather a lot and looking for who to share it with cheesy

Eat more of cooked food! Our African dishes are known to bulk up the body so eat all you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
Liftedhands:
Mawu Gini? Please don't even think it. Just come lemme give you some of my fat I gather a lot and looking for who to share it with cheesy

Eat more of cooked food! Our African dishes are known to bulk up the body so eat all you

Ha ma'am i can eat for Africa ooh even at midnight after breastfeeding i still eat something..am lean dat pple start complaining abt my stature..I need help sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.