Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (979) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4388602 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by poshestmina(f): 5:43pm On Jun 27, 2017
hunniesuzie:
What exactly is running stomach. How often does she poo? What's the consistency? This will help sabi mamas advice you better. What was her birth weight and her weight when you went to the hospital? Hardly sleeping may be her growing, babies sleep less as the grow

I basically eat what I like (no alcohol though angry ) and the only problem is my weight tbh.

It has stopped. She was stooling like 3/4 times a day, very watery and mucus like. I think it's the yoghurt. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 5:52pm On Jun 27, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
first of all check your height and that of ur hubby and also other grandchildren In your family.
That will determine the sizes of cloth to buy. My kids don't wear 0-3 months ajasco(pijamas pinipini) because of their height. Unles it is very long. All the 0-3 month clothes I bought I just gave them out to other mums. So for u not to be stranded and letting other peoples choice become yours buy 0-3months 4 and 3-6months 4 pieces.
Buy at least 3singlets cos they will need it to wear trousers and shirt
Buy more of the short sleeve pinipini(onesie) lets say 5pieces. Then buy at least 4socks and mittens and buy at least 6caps 3cotten materials 3made of wool.
As for the diaper changing mat it is very important cos my lo only like to poop and pee as soon as you remove his diaper. U can get a small one that can fit into any bag.
Then u need a small bag that can contain the diaper changing mat, wipes, a few diapers, jelly(Vaseline) paracetamol, vit c, and baby oil for his head. It is necessary cos u
If u have a visitor u can't leave your baby and go and start looking for thing so it should be portable enough so that an order child can always help u get it at any time.
Note that when buying things buy unisex colors so that you can use them for other kids.

I wore my son a shoe I bought for the sister when she was a baby and my daughter started laughing at me that I used to dress her brother like a girl cos the shoe is pink.

Then buy a dozen of face towel, and a set of baby towel.

Thanks a lot momma!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 7:27pm On Jun 27, 2017
He's 4 months oh. I don't know where he's rushing to

I know what you mean about clingy lo. This one doesn't agree to sleep in his bed again. It's all night gum body these days.

enque:

Ur LO too don get teeth.... Oya Na! Na beta fowl make u buy o
Nne, I had to hustle the leave o.... I disturb HR taya..

Thank God for active baby.....but sometimes I need to sleep without any lil one trying to climb my body grin grin grin

How old is ur LO?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2017
yseries:
Good Morning Mamas. Please wld appreciate if anyone can help me with a list of medical tests to carry out on a new house help. Thanks in advance
HIV, pregnancy, hepatitis b and c, TB
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
enque:

Yaaaay! Ur LO wan chop xmas chicken on tym grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
As in Eh
The boy no want carry last
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:34pm On Jun 27, 2017
hunniesuzie:
My sister I'm having this teething ish. I would have thought 4 months is too young but he's checking all the symptoms. Poor appetite, chewing fingers and toes, drool, rashes on his chin (remember since when I've been complaining of these rashes), more frequent poo...Finally on Friday I saw the shadow of 2 teeth in his mouth. Still under the gum but I see white. Mk the teeth comot so we can resume normal eating cos I'm not a fan of this struggle appetite and clinginess

Some Babies start teething From 3 months.
My son started the drooling and putting everything in his mouth when he was 3 months old.
My ds' own is still under the gum. But one has poked out already. The second one is still hiding.

My dear when the teeth comot just pray make he no de bite you.
My nipples are literally on fire right now! My boy has been biting me like crazy today and he's rejecting everything asides from breast

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Looool. Thank God for active babies. If she was dull now you for dey find sabi mamas up and down. We finally have a probable diagnosis for all our health drama the past 2 weeks, I saw shadow of teeth in his mouth on Friday. Na to kill fowl now

Lucky you re leave, I don't have leave till next year
angry

He's showing interest in my plate so I was looking for something that is safe to put in his mouth and like you said I never get myself finish talk less of to dey make pap

I'm trying to gather moral to make my own pap.
Make I continue to psych myself
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Puff puff with wings grin. Welldone mama

cheesy cheesy
Thank you ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
Yesitsme:
here is 'Jazzy Puffy wings'

cheesy cheesy

Choi be like I don get business name o grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
mydeporch:

Nice one . Keto puff ouff
My opinion- next time once d oil is very hot and u ready to put d puff mix in d oil, reduce d fire so d heat of d oil wont be much and it wont be turning brown quickly.
The more u try , d better it will turn out.....
@ Ilan teeth coming out . Thats nice. Now am feeling like when is ds own gonna pop out. Just teething symptoms we av been dealing with.hes gonna be 7mnths nxt week tuesday.
He has refused to take formula, cerelac. Its just pap nd tom brown dt he takes little sometimes and i aint worried a bit as long as bm is sufficient for him. I just dey my corner here enjoying d adventure wt my boy.
In d other news. Period just show up today after 6mnths.....
Rhemy2013 just keep eating. Nd eat well. With time everything is gonna be good. My size 16 skurts and trousers are now lose that i dont have to zip/unzip b4 getting them on/off. 95kg to 77kg. Just go wt d flow.

Thanks jare
Will definitely follow what you've said when I'm making the next one

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2017
hunniesuzie:
He's 4 months oh. I don't know where he's rushing to

I know what you mean about clingy lo. This one doesn't agree to sleep in his bed again. It's all night gum body these days.

Story of my life!
My Lo will sleep in his cot for few hours
At midnight he will wake, feed, but will not sleep again. If he sleeps and I put him back in his cot he will wake up every 30 mins! But the moment I put him to sleep in between me and dh, he will sleep till daybreak! And he will sleep with one of his hands on me. If the hand comes off, he will wake up.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 8:47pm On Jun 27, 2017
Mamas, how are we doing? I thought we had things like thread cuties, prayer days etc? What happened?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gigy(f): 9:30pm On Jun 27, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Lmao. Onaswu onion water lo le se oh! *rings bell*

Boil onion peels with your baby's bath water then use the water to bathe him/her. You will testify grin

Could you please be detailed....Do you mean onion itself or the peels from the onion bulb. A step by step procedure would do a lot of good. Thanks in advance.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 10:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
olubankemi:
Don't know what's wrong with me, atimes I feel like something is scratching my navel , as in around there sha, What could be it?

Am afraid, that was my first preggy symptoms, I don't want to think of it, just want to know what other thing that can be. I still breast feed and no period and am going to be 14months post-partum in 10days.
No period after 14mnths ...hmmm guess its bcs u are still breastfeeding na
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 10:39pm On Jun 27, 2017
Onaswu:
Please don't read and pass
wat can be use to cure stubborn rashes and it itches him too, it is on his face and chest
Have u tried agnesia powder

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 10:42pm On Jun 27, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
Good morning sabi mamas
My lo is having a kind of dandruff on his hair. At first I thought it was soap and I was not washing it out but with time I found out it is no and it is called INFANT CRADLE CAP pls has anyone had this kind of experience and how did you go about it. And it's pulling his hair.
.I fink u shd start with cutting d hair so u cn threat the scalp
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 10:45pm On Jun 27, 2017
nicoleswizzi:

This worked for my son well

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 10:49pm On Jun 27, 2017
Sansa143:
My dear,wetin we go do abt dis our weight ish?E haf tire me,am just draining nee,i eat like wat I can't say but I don't seem to knw where d hell d food is going!Is freaky me out! cry cry
myown na opposite... Sumtyms I eat just once a day and kip drinking water bcs my baby clingy clingy won't let me cook or do anyfin....see me adding weight...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 10:53pm On Jun 27, 2017
jazzyjazz:

My son started the drooling and putting everything in his mouth when he was 3 months old.
My ds' own is still under the gum. But one has poked out already. The second one is still hiding.

My nipples are literally on fire right now! My boy has been biting me like crazy today and he's rejecting everything asides from breast
Hahahahahaha
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 10:55pm On Jun 27, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Story of my life!
My Lo will sleep in his cot for few hours
At midnight he will wake, feed, but will not sleep again. If he sleeps and I put him back in his cot he will wake up every 30 mins! But the moment I put him to sleep in between me and dh, he will sleep till daybreak! And he will sleep with one of his hands on me. If the hand comes off, he will wake up.
... Na wa o am in the same wahala my self...I dnt knw if its bcs the playpen shakes weneva my baby turns her head in bed...but once I put her on my bed btwn I and oga she go sleep taya
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 10:56pm On Jun 27, 2017
XX01:
Mamas, how are we doing? I thought we had things like thread cuties, prayer days etc? What happened?
yeah prayer Mondays ...plz wen is cuties thread...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 10:57pm On Jun 27, 2017
Chanbaby:

This worked for my son well
Works for my baby gal too..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:45am On Jun 28, 2017
The first layer, the part you peel and throw away. The full details are maybe 5 pages back in this thread. You can search with onion water but it's basically to boil that peel with their bath water and bathe the baby

gigy:

Could you please be detailed....Do you mean onion itself or the peels from the onion bulb. A step by step procedure would do a lot of good. Thanks in advance
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:47am On Jun 28, 2017
Looool. Chei, it's true oh! Since he started grabbing he now pinches my boobs, biting will now join? Choi

jazzyjazz:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:02am On Jun 28, 2017
nicoleswizzi:
yeah prayer Mondays ...plz wen is cuties thread...

Prayer Saturday, thread cuties on Friday. We even discussed about child/babies education, downloading nursery rhymes, even one papa sold children educational books then. Types of nutritious food for our lo, even allowing them to paint using ketchup(many colors) incase they swallow it. E.t.c

That was when Onegai was thread cappo.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onaswu(f): 5:36am On Jun 28, 2017
nicoleswizzi:
Not really
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 5:55am On Jun 28, 2017
jazzyjazz:

cheesy cheesy

Choi be like I don get business name o grin
u go pay b that
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:53am On Jun 28, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Looool. Chei, it's true oh! Since he started grabbing he now pinches my boobs, biting will now join? Choi

Yes o
Biting go join
This morning after I finished giving him his antibiotics (he had a bad cough that landed us in the hospital And he hates drugs just like me) He was so angry and started dragging my clothes as he wanted breast. I comot breast give my pikin, the boy bite the hell out of my nipple.s because he was angry I gave him drugs I swear I almost cried. It was so painful

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:14am On Jun 28, 2017
nicoleswizzi:
... Na wa o am in the same wahala my self...I dnt knw if its bcs the playpen shakes weneva my baby turns her head in bed...but once I put her on my bed btwn I and oga she go sleep taya

Dh also said same. That maybe he doesn't like his playpen.
I'm even thinking about buying a mattress for him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yseries: 8:45am On Jun 28, 2017
jazzyjazz:

HIV, pregnancy, hepatitis b and c, TB

Thanks a lot.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:27am On Jun 28, 2017
nicoleswizzi:
myown na opposite... Sumtyms I eat just once a day and kip drinking water bcs my baby clingy clingy won't let me cook or do anyfin....see me adding weight...

I presume u r still actively breastfeeding??
please eat well o and not just 1ce a day....

ur baby needs all the nutrients in that breastmilk.
we can always work on the weight later.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Habikesweet(f): 9:39am On Jun 28, 2017
Good morning sabi mama, pls help a new mom. My baby is 5 months plus, he has been on SMA gold 1 and breast milk ,now want to start him on Gerber rice assisted sitter,pls I will be using SMA spoon as my measurement.,please how many spoon of SMA powder into 4 Sma measuring spoon of Gerber rice ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.