Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,002 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (980) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4389447 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 9:58am On Jun 28, 2017
enque:

My dd no gree me sleep well during this holiday o.... Screaming + babbling , hyperactive play and learning to crawl + dipping her fingers into any plate of food she sees grin
Can't wait to start my leave next week...going to offload her at my mum's Biko grin grin Make I rest small.

As per d Pap matter, can't believe that my 7 month old hasn't tasted Pap at all (considering that I love Pap die!!!)
I don't know anyone that sells in Lagos o... Was hoping on August secrets Pap but she has stopped Making pap and replaced with other baby foods.

I really wanna try making it myself but I never coordinate myself finish grin grin grin

She still sells the pap but the grains are now mixed together which is nice ie millet, groundnut, potatoes, guinea corn, brown rice etc. She also has bean and veggies/onion from 7 months then fish and crayfish separately.

I think that combo is more nutritious and the nutty meal is very close to tom brown. Its still pap. After formula, my ds favorite is the pap. He takes other cereals with greater effort.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:19am On Jun 28, 2017
Hi mama. So We can give a 4 month old these foods? The mixed grain one and the Tom Brown-ish one I mean

wholesomegrace:

She still sells the pap but the grains are now mixed together which is nice ie millet, groundnut, potatoes, guinea corn, brown rice etc. She also has bean and veggies/onion from 7 months then fish and crayfish separately.

I think that combo is more nutritious and the nutty meal is very close to tom brown. Its still pap. After formula, my ds favorite is the pap. He takes other cereals with greater effort.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:25am On Jun 28, 2017
wholesomegrace:

yeah i'm aware...
my dd has been taking her new set of foods since she clocked 6 months in may, and we love it.

looking forward to starting the veggie beans today as she is 7 months today.

thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:26am On Jun 28, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Hi mama. So We can give a 4 month old these foods? The mixed grain one and the Tom Brown-ish one I mean

i'm not sure.....she says its for 6 months and above, but I could help u ask her via her whatsapp group
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 10:28am On Jun 28, 2017
olamitie:
don't know bout cough but for the catarrh you can rub ori on his nose when he sleeps

Abeg is Nigeria pampers so good? I'm seeing a lot of good reviews online

I buy directly from a staff of P&G. I don't even use barrier cream again. There's been no diaper rash for months now and I can use just one all thru the night with no spills

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 10:36am On Jun 28, 2017
wholesomegrace:

I buy directly from a staff of P&G. I don't even use barrier cream again. There's been no diaper rash for months now and I can use just one all thru the night with no spills

Once you find the original, it is very good. I used to use it but the fake in the market is too much abi na the lack of quality control. The thing even embarrassed me. I was making mouth that Nigerian pampers was the best so my SIL bought. The day she showed me how the thing was dropping from her baby's bum and the rash that was about to start was when I finally agreed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 10:37am On Jun 28, 2017
hunniesuzie:

Start with single grain at 4 months like rice or maize. Don't do wheat yet as the baby might react to gluten. Mixed grain like Tom Brown should be after 6 months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 10:40am On Jun 28, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Prayer Saturday, thread cuties on Friday. We even discussed about child/babies education, downloading nursery rhymes, even one papa sold children educational books then. Types of nutritious food for our lo, even allowing them to paint using ketchup(many colors) incase they swallow it. E.t.c

That was when On.egai was thread cappo.

Can we start it again? I think we would have more participation and we can welcome new mothers with some fun?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:43am On Jun 28, 2017
XX01:

Can we start it again? I think we would have more participation and we can welcome new mothers with some fun?

seconded.....
these days a lot of ppl just peep and go

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:49am On Jun 28, 2017
Thirded (lol)

Thanks Mama

enque:

seconded.....

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:50am On Jun 28, 2017
Thank you!

XX01:

Start with single grain at 4 months like rice or maize. Don't do wheat yet as the baby might react to gluten. Mixed grain like Tom Brown should be after 6 months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 10:53am On Jun 28, 2017
hunniesuzie:

Its from 6 months.

There are cereals for 4 months old which are usually of smoother texture. However, when I wanted to start my lo on solids, pead advised I start at 5 months and i stated with the 4 months cereals. They are available in cow and gate, aptamil and some other top brands

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:53am On Jun 28, 2017
Cc hunniesuzie

Nuttymeal - is a combination of gunieacorn, millet, yellow corn, soya and groundnut

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 10:56am On Jun 28, 2017
nicoleswizzi:
yeah prayer Mondays ...plz wen is cuties thread...

Prayer Saturday, thread cuties on Friday. We even discussed about child/babies education, downloading nursery rhymes, even one papa sold children educational books then. Types of nutritious food for our lo, even allowing them to paint using ketchup(many colors) incase they swallow it. E.t.c
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darsty99: 11:25am On Jun 28, 2017
Rhemy2013:

I jst tire..pple who see me usually ask if am sick cusz i look lean Nd no be say I no dey eat Wella nd i usually drink tea like water..see no be EBF I dey do so I wonder y
Dont sweat it.I know of some people dat are usually lean whn breastfeeding but start to gain weight after weaning. You might be in dat category.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 28, 2017
XX01:

cheesy sure. Kidco was the papa that sold educational books then. Mama's living in the same city, area will group themselves, contribute money(depending on the amount he told them), collect his whatsapp number and discuss with him. No matter the distance, he'll deliver it. I think mummy E Onegai also mentioned where you can get educational books in Lagos.

Everybody participated very well during threadcuties.

Prayer Saturday as the spirit leads but sometimes one or two mama's will be appointed.

You can read from page 500 down cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:42am On Jun 28, 2017
Thanks Mama. Thanks Enque, I'm ffg her on IG so I'll contact her now

wholesomegrace:

Its from 6 months.

There are cereals for 4 months old which are usually of smoother texture. However, when I wanted to start my lo on solids, pead advised I start at 5 months and i stated with the 4 months cereals. They are available in cow and gate, aptamil and some other top brands
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2017
Prettyhurts:

That was when Onegai was thread cappo.
Sounds really fun...make we start again na
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2017
Onaswu:

Not really
Try it its gud...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Dh also said same. That maybe he doesn't like his playpen.
I'm even thinking about buying a mattress for him
Where will u put the mattress...my baby playpen has a mattress....but its not stable
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 12:19pm On Jun 28, 2017
enque:

I presume u r still actively breastfeeding??
please eat well o and not just 1ce a day....

ur baby needs all the nutrients in that breastmilk.
we can always work on the weight later.
Yes am still breastfeeding but mamam its really not my fault....sumtyms I carry her just to put on gas to cook bcs if I drop her she go cry taya...her crying ehhh hmmmm imagine scratching her throat while crying... I do try my best...its not even about my weight bcs my nurse told me its bcs of breastfeeding so I will reduce when I wean my baby.....thank God my sis in-law is returning on Friday at least she will hold her while I make food...I also want to get blender for smoothie so I can be blending my fruits
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2017
enque:

seconded.....
Eg me...and am tayad of peeping
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 2:43pm On Jun 28, 2017
nicoleswizzi:
myown na opposite... Sumtyms I eat just once a day and kip drinking water bcs my baby clingy clingy won't let me cook or do anyfin....see me adding weight...

Madam, if you don't eat well, your body will hold on to the fats because it doesn't know when you'll eat again thereby you'll be training your body to retain weight. Starving has never been a way to control weight. Eat small portions of healthy food several times a day that way, you'll trick your body into believing that there'll always be a replacement and it increases your metabolism.
Aside that, pregnancy has a way of wrecking some people's hormones. Give yourself sometime for your hormones to readjust. If after about 6 months you are still putting on weight despite all efforts, you may need to check your thyroxine level as this has a way of keeping you fat.

I just decided to quote you hoping someone will find this helpful although you've choose to ignore my mentions.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AbbynHummy(f): 2:52pm On Jun 28, 2017
My baby is teething and has refused to take anything aside breastmilk, she refused formula, and she doesn't even suck the breast well, she doesn't sleep well at night, always cranky

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 3:06pm On Jun 28, 2017
Welcome to my life undecided

AbbynHummy:
My baby is teething and has refused to take anything aside breastmilk, she refused formula, and she doesn't even suck the breast well, she doesn't sleep well at night, always cranky

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 3:29pm On Jun 28, 2017
Graciouscharis:

Madam, if you don't eat well, your body will hold on to the fats because it doesn't know when you'll eat again thereby you'll be training your body to retain weight. Starving has never been a way to control weight. Eat small portions of healthy food several times a day that way, you'll trick your body into believing that there'll always be a replacement and it increases your metabolism.
Aside that, pregnancy has a way of wrecking some people's hormones. Give yourself sometime for your hormones to readjust. If after about 6 months you are still putting on weight despite all efforts, you may need to check your thyroxine level as this has a way of keeping you fat.

I just decided to quote you hoping someone will find this helpful although you've choose to ignore my mentions.
Am not watching my weight am saying my baby dosnt allow me eat well...bcs its just me at home no one to help....not being easy.... That's why I said am adding despite not eating well...since my mum left...so understand me...am not watching my weight...but I CNT cook wen my baby is awake...she cries and disturb a lot.I dnt av a baby bouncer to kip her close and am scared if I drop her on the chair or bed to cook she will start crying and struggling..her dad has warned me not to back her again...so I cannot come and kill myself...I only get lucky wen she sleeps den I do house chores and cook what I want to eat anyway tanx for the advice...ignore ur mentions? I dnt understand oo hmmm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eribooboo: 3:31pm On Jun 28, 2017
Hulloo mamas,my ebf baby is clocking 6 months next week so getting ready to introduce solid grin grin ...senior mamas pls how did u arrange d feeding timetable,as in when to give solid n breast milk.. thanks much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
Giddyperson:

Pele, hopefully this phase would be over soon. My baby is doing fine, we are just dealing with annoying rashes this week.
let it pass am tayad, person wey born pikin dey rest too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2017
myrygurl:

My sorry to ur dd I pray she won't go through the pain again...Ours is next week am scared already. About the swelling try and gently put iceblock to the spot only..i hope it helps.
She went tru the pain again ooo d second tym...this tym the crying was double...tho the site didn't react like the ist tym...wen I put iceblock covered with cloth on the site...I wish I didn't put...this gal cried like Neva b4... Can't wait for the final one let her leg rest
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ariegurl(f): 4:06pm On Jun 28, 2017
Please sabi mamas help a Ftm
my less than 3 weeks old baby hiccups alot and when taking breast, she usually make this sound like when an adult has catarrh with blocked nose( I hope u can understand me well) please are they something to worry about?pls help me oooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2017
I finally made a real puff puff cheesy cheesy cheesy (where's the dancing smiley)
Giddyperson come and see o

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 4:16pm On Jun 28, 2017
Ariegurl:
Please sabi mamas help a Ftm
my less than 3 weeks old baby hiccups alot and when taking breast, she usually make this sound like when an adult has catarrh with blocked nose( I hope u can understand me well) please are they something to worry about?pls help me oooo

Hiccups is normal in babies. It's a way of expanding their lungs
As for the blocked nose kind of sound I think it's normal too. Other mama's will come and put mouth

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.