Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (982) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4389909 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phemiony: 12:04am On Jun 29, 2017
Hello mums

Please were can I get the ROTAVIRUS vaccine for my 6wks son in Lagos Island area please.
And how much is it

Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 29, 2017
Lwkmd! Eyah baby samantha, I guess she hates medicine. Try get a rocker or bouncer maybe it will help save you the stress of always carrying her.
nicoleswizzi:
hmmmm my madam does the same...even on d day of her vaccine too she wanted to pour out the rota the nurse was giving her bcs of her cry cry...the nurse quickly made it enter back...not as if they poured evryfin inside her mouth...she was giving her small small...b4 we knew what's up the thing just choked her.not even as if the rota is bitter...( nurse said it isn't bitter)..if u see my baby..open eye wide...shaking her legs like she was gana die (God forbid) the nurse quickly grab her and strtd throwing her up blowing breeze on her face b4 she became normal...fear grip me and dh...that same evening the same thing happened wen I was giving her paracetamol bcs she was running temperature... See shouting Jesus!Jesus!! My baby can cry for the whole Africa...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 29, 2017
I thought it was one or two finger they suck but my lo licks the whole. Don't even know how to stop her before she gets used to it, now that she's just starting. Initially, I thought it to be hunger but she does it, even with a full tummy.
Giddyperson:

Lmao if they are like this now I can only imagine the antics they would pull for injection as toddlers. Did your baby also go through the ridiculous hand sucking phase.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 5:29am On Jun 29, 2017
My able mamas! I greet una o! Pls attached is a picture of my son's bow legs. He is 2 yrs and some months. Pls mamas with similar experience, will this correct itself as he grows older as most people say? Also what can I be giving to him to also help with it. Thank so much for ur help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eribooboo: 5:48am On Jun 29, 2017
Thank u very much

enque:

My baby is 7 months....here's our schedule.
We breastfeed in the morning till 8am when I leave her to go t work.

For her creche, I pack 1 formula milk feed, 2 solid meals and 1 pureed fruit (not everyday but I try to do this lyk 3 time a week). I pick her by 5pm and we breastfeed in the evening and I give her a bottle of milk b4 she sleeps.
This is basically for weekdays...

For weekends, I freestyle since we are together all thru....
But I always ensure that she gets a bottle of formula and breastmilk everyday.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 29, 2017
FexCathy , I don't know much about bow legs but I once saw a neighbour who noticed her toddler's leg was a little curved. She told me she will massage the girl's legs. Can you try that too or call an elderly woman to do it. Did they massage his body as a little baby while bathing daily? I don't know...but I suspect these massages could have helped and could still help as he is still young and his bones still soft maybe. (No go break him leg o abeg...gently or use an expert). Grace.
I just saw this now. U can check it out
https://www.nairaland.com/467867/how-correct-bow-leg-baby

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:14am On Jun 29, 2017
phemiony:
Hello mums

Please were can I get the ROTAVIRUS vaccine for my 6wks son in Lagos Island area please.
And how much is it

Thank you

Cc iomoge2
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 7:51am On Jun 29, 2017
FexCathy:
My able mamas! I greet una o! Pls attached is a picture of my son's bow legs. He is 2 yrs and some months. Pls mamas with similar experience, will this correct itself as he grows older as most people say? Also what can I be giving to him to also help with it. Thank so much for ur help
I think is hereditary..It will correct as he grows older
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 7:57am On Jun 29, 2017
Giddyperson:

Lmao if they are like this now I can only imagine the antics they would pull for injection as toddlers. Did your baby also go through the ridiculous hand sucking phase.
the phase hasn't passed now she still sucks hand even with her mittens on...she will suck oo till the mittens are wet...I usually change it...nd push her hand from her mouth sumtyms...even while bathing she would wan t to put the whole hand inside her mouth with soap in her hands
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 8:11am On Jun 29, 2017
olubankemi:

Don't know the remedy but I think they said breast milk cures anything.

But are you aware your member had apollo? Next time pls don't allow kids to go such places, you can visit alone.

My new born had discharge from eyes but no redness. He was given Elisca eye drops at his 6weeks clinic last week and within two days, it cleared. That is after I had tried breast milk for days that didn't work.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 8:23am On Jun 29, 2017
Fexcarty, please, please and please do NOT take your son to any massage center either local or chiropractor. If it's not hereditary, the leg will straighten as he grows, You don't have to do NOTHING about it.

Your son looks healthy and cute, please don't play gamble with his life over something that you really can't control. I beg you. Just make sure he gets his calcium ie milk, yogurt, kale, broccoli etc

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 8:40am On Jun 29, 2017
Flakky26:
i am about to start using bromergon drug. i.want to hear pple experience of those who has used it before. it has 30 tablets.how many tablets cam one use before preg can occur.

i look forward to hear frm other women.
I know sum1 that was taking it...its a prolactin drug for hormonal imbalance.... She had hormonal imbalance after she gave birth and lost her twin babies...tho she complained that d drug had side effects on her...making her feel like she's loosing her mind....her doc prescribed it...I told her to stop using it....she have taken in now sha ...but she kinda changed her doctor... So I dnt knw again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 8:42am On Jun 29, 2017
olubankemi:

Yeah, that's what dr said. My friend feed her kids for 18 months n no period,she takes in the. Month she stop breastfeeding, my sister same.
hmmmm I fink this happens to people that do strictly ebf...one av to becareful wen stopping so u won't take in wen u dnt want to
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 8:47am On Jun 29, 2017
Naomi14:
Lwkmd! Eyah baby samantha, I guess she hates medicine. Try get a rocker or bouncer maybe it will help save you the stress of always carrying her.
that rocker/bouncer av been on my mind ..assuming am working I would av gotten it...oga yaf turn deaf ear to me but he won't rest till he gets it...she hates Medicine... No be lie...which baby likes Medicine... It was easier to gv her medicine wen she was a mnth...but now...na fight o

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 8:48am On Jun 29, 2017
Naomi14:
I thought it was one or two finger they suck but my lo licks the whole. Don't even know how to stop her before she gets used to it, now that she's just starting. Initially, I thought it to be hunger but she does it, even with a full tummy.
Hahahhaa not just one full hand ooo the two...inside her hand weda hungry or not...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CoolOne1: 8:50am On Jun 29, 2017
FexCathy:

Nne.. this is ow my son's legs are too. i have been told not to disturb my self that it wud correct itself by those who have experienced same.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 8:50am On Jun 29, 2017
Naomi14:
Hahahhaa not just one full hand ooo the two...inside her hand weda hungry or not...lol...weneva u see her sucking it always remove d hand from her mouth

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 8:52am On Jun 29, 2017
Loisemm:
FexCathy , I don't know much about bow legs but I once saw a neighbour who noticed her toddler's leg was a little curved. She told me she will massage the girl's legs. Can you try that too or call an elderly woman to do it. Did they massage his body as a little baby while bathing daily? I don't know...but I suspect these massages could have helped and could still help as he is still young and his bones still soft maybe. (No go break him leg o abeg...gently or use an expert). Grace.
What causes this bow leg sef...is lack of d right vaccine or what...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 9:05am On Jun 29, 2017
Loisemm:

@ Loisemm, thanks dear. Yes he massaged when he was still little. Was even suprised when i noticed the bow legs. Will check the link out. Thanks dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 9:07am On Jun 29, 2017
Yesitsme:
I think is hereditary..It will correct as he grows older

I hope it corrects itself as he grows o! So far so I and the dad are still trying to figure out if its really hereditary because we havent seen anyone on both sides with bow leg (but u know say person nor dey know finish).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:09am On Jun 29, 2017
Another convert to the onion water ministry! *rings bell* cc ahnie, MizMyColi (What's the original Onion water mama's name again?)

olubankemi:

This is real menn, woke up dis moni n checked, all dried up, just started it. Yday oo, I just applied powder today. No all the gbogbo ti gbo we've being using.

Bless you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 9:16am On Jun 29, 2017
ifyalways:
Fexcarty, please, please and please do NOT take your son to any massage center either local or chiropractor. If it's not hereditary, the leg will straighten as he grows, You don't have to do NOTHING about it.

Your son looks healthy and cute, please don't play gamble with his life over something that you really can't control. I beg you. Just make sure he gets his calcium ie milk, yogurt, kale, broccoli etc

@ Ify, tanks dear. I appreciate. Will do as said.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 9:19am On Jun 29, 2017
CoolOne1:

Nne.. this is ow my son's legs are too. i have been told not to disturb my self that it wud correct itself by those who have experienced same.

@ Coolone, my dear. Its the same thing I hear all the time and I just hope its gonna be like that. Am asking our sabi mamas so that if there are things we need to do that can help we can know.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:39am On Jun 29, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Another convert to the onion water ministry! *rings bell* cc ahnie, MizMyColi (What's the original Onion water mama's name again?)

Lastbornop
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 29, 2017
Abi thanks!
nicoleswizzi:

Hahahhaa not just one full hand ooo the two...inside her hand weda hungry or not...lol...weneva u see her sucking it always remove d hand from her mouth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 10:18am On Jun 29, 2017
Flakky26:
i am about to start using bromergon drug. i.want to hear pple experience of those who has used it before. it has 30 tablets.how many tablets cam one use before preg can occur.

i look forward to hear frm other women.

I've used this before, if you react to the drug your doc will probably replace it with another. You just need to go along with the your doctors prescription,. It should state how much you should take. I hope this isn't self medication.

Also join the tcc thread on nairaland. Info shared there is invaluable
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:31am On Jun 29, 2017
Hehehe, thank you. Mama Lastbornop we're loyal

enque:

Lastbornop
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jisa(f): 10:36am On Jun 29, 2017
jisa:
Good evening mothers in the house, please can I still buy my 9months old baby a walker?. Please don't read and pass I'm pleading.
Abeg mamas please help me out?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bimsusy(f): 11:22am On Jun 29, 2017
enque:

seconded.....l
these days a lot of ppl just peep and go

Guilty as charged.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jaysmama(f): 11:24am On Jun 29, 2017
FexCathy:
It will straighten as he grows. I have seen worse ones that eventually became straight . You won't even know except you see old pictures
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:25am On Jun 29, 2017
bimsusy:

Guilty as charged.

eheeeen...all of u are confessing now okwaya? grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jaysmama(f): 11:25am On Jun 29, 2017
jisa:

Abeg mamas please help me out?
Why do you need a walker? It's not necessary never bought for my kids and they all walked without it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.