Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,095 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (983) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4384678 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jaysmama(f): 11:30am On Jun 29, 2017
nicoleswizzi:
that rocker/bouncer av been on my mind ..assuming am working I would av gotten it...oga yaf turn deaf ear to me but he won't rest till he gets it...she hates Medicine... No be lie...which baby likes Medicine... It was easier to gv her medicine wen she was a mnth...but now...na fight o
When giving babies medicine your best bet is to use a syringe without the needle. Then put the mouth of the syringe to the side ie the babys cheek. Don't put all the medicine at once it needs to be done slowly. That will prevent the baby from choking and struggling too much.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olatebony(f): 11:31am On Jun 29, 2017
jisa:
Good evening mothers in the house, please can I still buy my 9months old baby a walker?. Please don't read and pass I'm pleading.
I don't really think you need a walker anymore, except maybe the activity walker(that standing one) or the baby walking assistant.
But if you feel you really need a place to keep her while you do some chores, then a walker is necessary

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olatebony(f): 11:34am On Jun 29, 2017
enque:

eheeeen...all of u are confessing now okwaya? grin
Like meeeeeeeee
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:39am On Jun 29, 2017
When should one even start using the walker sef? Somebody gave me one and it's gathering dust on top wardrobe

olatebony:

I don't really think you need a walker anymore, except maybe the activity walker(that standing one) or the baby walking assistant.
But if you feel you really need a place to keep her while you do some chores, then a walker is necessary
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 11:50am On Jun 29, 2017
How I became a member of the Peeping club

I was typing a really nice and interesting post/update....

I had all the right phrases lined up on my head

Next thing the individual started fussing

I ignored at first then

It turned to cry
Next thing I found myself bringing out Bobby

Next thing I dropped the phone

Story of my life

Aka this life na wa#

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 11:54am On Jun 29, 2017
itissettled3, I see you smiley smiley smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 11:56am On Jun 29, 2017
babythug:
How I became a member of the Peeping club

I was typing a really nice and interesting post/update....

I had all the right phrases lined up on my head

Next thing the individual started fussing

I ignored at first then

It turned to cry
Next thing I found myself bringing out Bobby

Next thing I dropped the phone

Story of my life

Aka this life na wa#

Hehehehehehe!
Story of my life... I can only peep nowadays
How are you dear?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 12:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
hunniesuzie:
When should one even start using the walker sef? Somebody gave me one and it's gathering dust on top wardrobe

I think you can use it from 3months. I started using mine from four month because i need her to sit in front of the kitchen door and be looking at me while i cook.

Good morning house!!!! Feddy27, how are you and our LOs

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nicoleswizzi: 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2017
jaysmama:

When giving babies medicine your best bet is to use a syringe without the needle. Then put the mouth of the syringe to the side ie the babys cheek. Don't put all the medicine at once it needs to be done slowly. That will prevent the baby from choking and struggling too much.
.syringe OK noted but we usually gv her small small...guess it still touches her tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 12:19pm On Jun 29, 2017
feddy27:

Hehehehehehe!
Story of my life... I can only peep nowadays
How are you dear?

I'm well dear counting down till he starts Creche

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2017
The rate at which sexual evils are being perpetuated in our society is very alarming and there is need to educate our kids on how to protect themselves.

Of recent, a 3year old in my neighborhood was defiled by her step-father at 11pm in her home. The police are on the case as she said it's a 7yr old school mate of hers who did it. Now the question is, can a 7yr old defile a child to the extent of bleeding?

Our children aren't safe, both within and outside their homes. Now, should they be locked indoors always? The answer is NO, should they be allowed to go out at will? NO, but they need to be properly equipped to fight against these predators.

Due to this rising concern, I would be organising an event basically for kids and probably parents to help curb this menace. This will happen within the holidays, no venue yet as the idea is still in the oven. If you know how I can make this more fun, educative and entertaining for them, pls inbox me. Volunteers are highly welcome. Thanks

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fattamyfattamy: 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2017
Good afternoon joyful mothers,today is my first time of posting here.pls my two months plus baby as refuse to excrete running to two weeks now this coming monday will makes it two weeks and he is seriously polluting the smell bad.pls what can i use for him abi what can i eat cos his on exclusive?Biko sharp response.Thanks ma's.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:35pm On Jun 29, 2017
2 weeks is too long in my opinion oh, I know ebf babies don't poo often but 14 days? please see a doctor. Don't chook anything in his bumbum oh

Fattamyfattamy:
Good afternoon joyful mothers,today is my first time of posting here.pls my two months plus baby as refuse to excrete running to two weeks now this coming monday will makes it two weeks and he is seriously polluting the smell bad.pls what can i use for him abi what can i eat cos his on exclusive?Biko sharp response.Thanks ma's.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2017
Thanks Mama, will dust it this weekend

Akorkor:

I think you can use it from 3months. I started using mine from four month because i need her to sit in front of the kitchen door and be looking at me while i cook.

Good morning house!!!! Feddy27, how are you and our LOs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jisa(f): 12:48pm On Jun 29, 2017
jaysmama:

Why do you need a walker? It's not necessary never bought for my kids and they all walked without it.
Okay Thanks Ma I appreciate. I thought the reason she is yet to walk on her own without holding something is because she is not using it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jisa(f): 12:51pm On Jun 29, 2017
olatebony:

Thanks ma for your response I appreciate. I just wanted something that will help her walk on her own. So I thought it could help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
Fattamyfattamy:

take fruits...maybe orange or any fruit that makes u poop
take lots of vegetables, since he is on ebf, he will get it from your breastmilk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 1:57pm On Jun 29, 2017
hunniesuzie:

Six months till baby is around 12kg. so says the specification on mine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 1:58pm On Jun 29, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:
BritneyStacy i spy you! How are you doing? Hope well!
I dey ooo. How you dey too? Thanks for asking after me. I dey manage dey go. But e no easy sha
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wholesomegrace: 2:01pm On Jun 29, 2017
hunniesuzie:
2 weeks is too long in my opinion oh, I know ebf babies don't poo often but 14 days? please see a doctor. Don't chook anything in his bumbum oh

Please mamas, is there any side effect in using cotton tip to apply vaseline on babies anus to ease passage of hard stool?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 2:13pm On Jun 29, 2017
Akorkor:

Good morning house!!!! Fedd..y27, how are you and our LOs

my darling, we are fine o.. trust you have settled in after your mat leave concession? cheesy cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2017
feddy27:

my darling, we are fine o.. trust you have settled in after your mat leave concession? cheesy cheesy

Yes ooo. I have. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AbbynHummy(f): 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
[quote author=jazzyjazz post=57924541]

Welcome to my life [/quote

Lol. It aint funny o, i don't sleep at night, and she has reduced as a result of not eating, everybody in my place of work are making remarks dat she is not as chubby as she use to be...dunno how to make her eat, and the teeth is jux taking long to surface dis is the 4th day it started now, her diaper always dry cost no food in her tummy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 4:16pm On Jun 29, 2017
Greetings mamas.
pls I want to know if I can give my 1yr old golden morn?the age limit of 3yrs is my concern though people has been telling me it does not matter.

your opinions please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 4:37pm On Jun 29, 2017
My own is a week now. In fact one day I used spoon to give him milk, he sha took 30 mls. He's eating better today sha...mk we dey look

[quote author=AbbynHummy post=57957880][/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
This thing always confuses me cos my baby is already 9kg at 4 months, 12kg no far again

@wholesomegrace - what I was told is, we assume babies are constipated when sometimes they are not, there's just no stool to be passed esp with EBF babies since most of the food is utilized with little waste. If Baby's poo is normal consistency even though they may grunt a little, they are not constipated and there's no need to put anything in their bum. Also the risk of injury is there. If you have to do this, make sure baby doesn't jerk and you're very careful

wholesomegrace:

Six months till baby is around 12kg. so says the specification on mine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
zimunachimdi:
Greetings mamas.
pls I want to know if I can give my 1yr old golden morn?the age limit of 3yrs is my concern though people has been telling me it does not matter.

your opinions please.

I give my 19 month old Golden Morn as well as other "adult cereals" . Never even realized there is an age limit. just checked and cant find it on the pack. i do not think it matters.
My dd takes it frequently and we have had no issues. the only thing is that i find it is very very very sweet! especially when compare to the other cereals she takes so i sometimes tend to mix it with either weetabix or a spoon of ground flaxseed to tone it down a bit.

Just my own preference.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jaysmama(f): 5:34pm On Jun 29, 2017
[quote author=zimunachimdi post=57958245]Greetings mamas.

your opinions please.
[/quote
My issue with golden morn is the sugar content . Why not buy oatmeal (quaker oat) blend dry and give your baby with milk . If you now want to sweeten it you can control how much goes in.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

I give my 19 month old Golden Morn as well as other "adult cereals" . Never even realized there is an age limit. just checked and cant find it on the pack. i do not think it matters.
My dd takes it frequently and we have had no issues. the only thing is that i find it is very very very sweet! especially when compare to the other cereals she takes so i sometimes tend to mix it with either weetabix or a spoon of ground flaxseed to tone it down a bit.

Just my own preference.

Thanks for your quick response ma. can I also give him adult quaker oat without grinding it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2017
GOODEVENING mummies. Hope we are all good? Please my son have developed a new habit o. Help me! What he does is that he doesn't suck again till he is full. He just sucks and sleeps off (as if he is just taking a sleeping sip) and in less than one hour, like 30/40 minutes, he is awake crying to suck again. For these days, I haven't had even 10 minutes sleep because by the time I'm attempting to sleep, he is preparing to wake up. He became 7 weeks yesterday and was weighing 6kg and on exclusive
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 6:45pm On Jun 29, 2017
zimunachimdi:

Thanks for your quick response ma. can I also give him adult quaker oat without grinding it?

Shouldnt be a problem. The grinding is just to make it smoother especially for younger babies. You can try some blended and some normal and see if there is any difference in how your baby takes it and then that will inform if he prefers it blended or can take it lumpier.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 8:23pm On Jun 29, 2017
jaysmama:

Why do you need a walker? It's not necessary never bought for my kids and they all walked without it.

Pls what is this walker u all are talking about can I see a pics of it. @Akorkor @hunniesuzie

(1) (2) (3) ... (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.