Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Would Nigerian Government Officials Ever Sign Up On Nairaland? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Nigerian Government Officials Ever Sign Up On Nairaland? (563 Views)

Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja / APC Warns Against Insulting Buhari, Government Officials - Premiumtimes / Government Officials Stopped From Honorary Doctorate Degrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Would Nigerian Government Officials Ever Sign Up On Nairaland? by ballabriggs: 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2012
This has been bugging my mind over the last few days and I have tried getting an answer to this puzzle to no avail. This is borne out of the fact that this is a government that prides itself in promoting young entrepreneurs and domestic industries.

Firstly, most of the Presidential aides are signed up on twitter and facebook. In doing this, have they considered the potential crowding out effect on domestic social mediums like Nairaland? Do they also give consideration to how much patronage and growth Nairaland would have enjoyed through their membership of this forum. This in my opinion is how domestic talents and young entrepreneurs are promoted.

On a second thought, is it possible that Reuben Abati is already signed up on Nairaland but decides to remain anonymous due to the nature of this site. This to me is detrimental as it potrays the government as not being sincere to its committment of promoting domestic industries. I think in reaching a decision on whether to remain anonymous, they should have considered the potential growth and spill over effect to this forum and the Nigerian economy.

I thus seems appropriate that President Jonathan mandates his aides to sign up on at least one domestic social media including Nairaland considering the potential favourable impact such would bring on the Nigerian economy. This is one vital way to show commitment to promoting domestic industries.
Re: Would Nigerian Government Officials Ever Sign Up On Nairaland? by Chubhie: 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2012
Most of them are duly represented here while some elect to view as guests. Most local and foreign media houses keep tabs on this site.
Re: Would Nigerian Government Officials Ever Sign Up On Nairaland? by tck2000(m): 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2019
If Nairaland should upgrade.

(1) (Reply)

THE #DANACRASHACTION REPORT (with Account Details) / Gej And Sahara Reporters Again. / GEJ Is Not The Problem, Even Bill Clinton Will Fail In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.