Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:59 PM

What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? (48722 Views)

Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People / Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / The 250+ Tribes/ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ijaw people led by Asimini called Azumini now founded Ndoki but Ngwa Igbos and others came to live with them. I Have never said Ndokis were Benin. GO to Opobo and tell them that Opubo ma founded by Ibani Ijaws are Igbos and feel happy. RIGHT now they have an Amayanabo and not an obi .

some-girl:

Is it yours?

You provided random links stating Ndoni people to be originally of Bini descent and I provided links stating them to be of Igbo ethnicity.
I find many myths about migration ridiculous as even if there were such migrations, the few migrants to the places in question would have mixed with and married the locals. It would be silly to dismiss their Igbo (or other) ancestry which would over time have overshadowed the bloodline of one (or a few) Bini person(s).

Why did you mention people from Opobo as non-Igbos in Rivers?
Following your one man ancestry theory, they should be classed as Igbo since their founding father Jaja is known to have been from Nkwerre in Imo state originally.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by somegirl1: 8:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
killayut: Ijaw people led by Asimini called Azumini now founded Ndoki but Ngwa Igbos and others came to live with them. I Have never said Ndokis were Benin. GO to Opobo and tell them that Opubo ma founded by Ibani Ijaws are Igbos and feel happy. RIGHT now they have an Amayanabo and not an obi .

I've highlighted the important bit.

Ndoni, ogba etc are "RIGHT now" Igbo.

By the way, Azumini is Igbo so is Asimini if I'm not mistaken.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 3:07am On Jun 30, 2013
killayut:
TODAY, JAMAICA could go for an AFRICAN country

Jamaica is located in the Caribbean

but the HISTORY of JAMAICA as published by JAMAICANS anyday always says of JAMAICA as an ARAWAK LAND

because it is....lol
just like north America is still native American land.

even if the ARAWAKS today are a blend or cross breed of AFRICANS and others.

...?
all the more reason to pay homage to them and remember it was because of their sacrifice that
we exist.

They will never say JAMAICA is an AFRICAN land.

because it's in the Caribbean sir. undecided

see?
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 3:10am On Jun 30, 2013
Naima00: I personally love The Maasai tribe in Kenya and Tanzania. I love the fact that they have manintained so much of there culture despite so much interference from outsiders. They are one of the few tribes in Africa that are so well recognised around the world and yet so small in number. I think that's amazing.

agreed!!

that is why I am fascinated with the afar, maasai, mursi, wodaabe and a few others.
they have stuck true to their cultures.

I enjoy watching documentaries and reading about them
each time I do its like going back in time. smiley hopefully one day I can see them live.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Aringarosa(m): 3:21am On Jun 30, 2013
*Kails*:

agreed!!

that is why I am fascinated with the afar, maasai, mursi, wodaabe and a few others.

each time I do its like going back in time. smiley hopefully one day I can see them live.

Exactly!

And that is what brought me here at the rift valley and omo region of southern Ethiopia, I was fascinated with this people preserved culture. I have come to see them to study and learn one or two thing about them.

Kails, you can join me if you want, your coming will be worthwhile. cheesy cool
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2013
*Kails*:

agreed!!

Ain't the Yorubas, Hausas and Igbos of Nigeria stuck to their culture ? And who says the Massai do not have Westernized people ? I am even sure they are more Westernized in average than Yoruba .

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2013
some-girl:

I've highlighted the important bit.

Ndoni, ogba etc are "RIGHT now" Igbo.

By the way, Azumini is Igbo so is Asimini if I'm not mistaken.

ASIMINI is Ijaw so you are mistaken. If I was an Ndoni man of the Edo native ancestry and you call my land Igbo just because we allowed Igbos to settle among us , I'd use nuke to destroy you entire land. It shows the ingratitude of you Igbo people. And it makes me believe the Hausas are right by chasing you Igbos away before you lay claim to their land.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
*Kails*:

Jamaica is located in the Caribbean

because it is....lol
just like north America is still native American land.

...?
all the more reason to pay homage to them and remember it was because of their sacrifice that
we exist.

because it's in the Caribbean sir. undecided

see?

what is this about ? When will you Africans stop acting like Monkeys ?
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by somegirl1: 1:32pm On Jun 30, 2013
killayut:

ASIMINI is Ijaw so you are mistaken. If I was an Ndoni man of the Edo native ancestry and you call my land Igbo just because we allowed Igbos to settle among us , I'd use nuke to destroy you entire land. It shows the ingratitude of you Igbo people. And it makes me believe the Hausas are right by chasing you Igbos away before you lay claim to their land.

You aren't making sense. All I've said is assuming your migration story is true, Ndoni people are "RIGHT now" Igbo as Opobo people are "RIGHT now" non-Igbo. You should be nuked by an Opobo man of Igbo ancestry for calling their land non-Igbo.

1. If Ndoni people are "RIGHT now" Igbo, Ndoni land is "RIGHT now" Igbo land.
2. If they did migrate, they aren't the original inhabitants of the land so they have no right to claim any lands outside of Benin.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Naima00: 2:24pm On Jun 30, 2013
*Kails*:

agreed!!

Me too definately! I'm hoping to go see the Afar very soon actually because My hubby is from Djibouti and we were hoping to spend some time in a Afar village when we go back to visit his family. Very excited!. Hopefully you'll get to see them soon too .Can you name me some other's that interest you? I'd like to google them incase there are some you know that I don't wink
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Naima00: 2:29pm On Jun 30, 2013
Aringarosa:

Exactly!

And that is what brought me here at the rift valley and omo region of southern Ethiopia, I was fascinated with this people preserved culture. I have come to see them to study and learn one or two thing about them.

That is so cool. do you have pics? I'd love to see them so please upload. Also did you just turn up at their village or did you have a link there first? Just curious..
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Naima00: 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2013
killayut:

Ain't the Yorubas, Hausas and Igbos of Nigeria stuck to their culture ? And who says the Massai do not have Westernized people ? I am even sure they are more Westernized in average than Yoruba .
Is there somewhere on the forum I can see more of the culture of the tribes you mentioned like their cultural dances, traditional wear etc. Iv not been on the forum long and not finding it easy to understand how to find the things i'm looking for. Thanks in advance.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2013
killayut:

what is this about ? When will you Africans stop acting like Monkeys ?

Youre just in the mood to be confrontational.
Na wa for u o.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 30, 2013
Aringarosa:

Exactly!

Lucky you! How long have you been there, if i may ask? And are you an active in the community? Also, exactly how friendly are the natives/locals?

i hope one day i will be able to take on your invite. wink

Naima00:
Me too definately! I'm hoping to go see the Afar very soon actually because My hubby is from Djibouti and we were hoping to spend some time in a Afar village when we go back to visit his family. Very excited!. Hopefully you'll get to see them soon too .Can you name me some other's that interest you? I'd like to google them incase there are some you know that I don't wink

At the moment those were all i could think of. they still have that pure essence to them its like they know how to coexist with the rest of the world without compromising who they are. Something a simple as witnessing a little afar girl carrying over 50 pounds of tree branches/wood on her back amazes me. Esp. Since i live in america where laziness is part of the culture lmao. I really hope i can see it up close. I just dont want togive off the impression that they are a "show" i just want to get a glimpse of africa that has not been contaminated with too much western influence.

Naima00:
That is so cool. do you have pics? I'd love to see them so please upload. Also did you just turn up at their village or did you have a link there first? Just curious..

Exactly. It would be interesting to see. I know there is a thread about nairobi/ kenya. Its beautiful!
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Aringarosa(m): 5:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
Double post.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Aringarosa(m): 5:51pm On Jun 30, 2013
Naima00:

I have got loads of pics, but i can't upload now, cuz I'm using my phone. I'll upload when i get back to addis. I did not just turn up here, i work for an NGO in Ethiopia, and I'm on a short vacation, so I'm using the opportunity to visit interesting places in Ethiopia. I have been to the danakil depression in afar, i have visited Lallibella and now I'm doing the south of Ethiopia.

And where are you from, if i may ask?
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Aringarosa(m): 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
*Kails*:

Lucky you! How long have you been there, if i may ask? And are you an active in the community? Also, exactly how friendly are the natives/locals?

I've been working here close to a year now, but i have not had the chance to visit up until now, due to work related issues. The natives are very friendly. There are loads of interesting places to visit, you 'll definitely love it if and when you decided to visit.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ignorance is a disease. You fool Opobo is a corruption of Opubo and of is Ijaw. King Jaja was just and adopted child of the Ijaws. .He led Ijaw people and not Igbo people.His warrious were Ijaws and they came from Bonny.That's why they are Ijaws. OBAMA is Kenyan does not make USA a Kenyan land.

some-girl:

You aren't making sense. All I've said is assuming your migration story is true, Ndoni people are "RIGHT now" Igbo as Opobo people are "RIGHT now" non-Igbo. You should be nuked by an Opobo man of Igbo ancestry for calling their land non-Igbo.

1. If Ndoni people are "RIGHT now" Igbo, Ndoni land is "RIGHT now" Igbo land.
2. If they did migrate, they aren't the original inhabitants of the land so they have no right to claim any lands outside of Benin.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Naima00: 6:50pm On Jun 30, 2013
Aringarosa:

I have got loads of pics, but i can't upload now, cuz I'm using my phone. I'll upload when i get back to addis. I did not just turn up here, i work for an NGO in Ethiopia, and I'm on a short vacation, so I'm using the opportunity to visit interesting places in Ethiopia. I have been to the danakil depression in afar, i have visited Lallibella and now I'm doing the south of Ethiopia.

And where are you from, if i may ask?
That's really interesting, wish you the best. I'm from Somaliland, and you?
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Naima00: 6:53pm On Jun 30, 2013
*Kails*:

At the moment those were all i could think of. they still have that pure essence to them its like they know how to coexist with the rest of the world without compromising who they are. Something a simple as witnessing a little afar girl carrying over 50 pounds of tree branches/wood on her back amazes me. Esp. Since i live in america where laziness is part of the culture lmao. I really hope i can see it up close. I just dont want togive off the impression that they are a "show" i just want to get a glimpse of africa that has not been contaminated with too much western influence.
Those are exactly the same reasons I love about those tribes too.

*Kails*:

Exactly. It would be interesting to see. I know there is a thread about nairobi/ kenya. Its beautiful!
Would it possible for you to link please, i'm still trying to figure out the forum,lol!
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Aringarosa(m): 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
Naima00:
That's really interesting, wish you the best. I'm from Somaliland, and you?

Wow That's nice!

Kaale...lol. I have been invited by one of my Somali friend to visit Haregesa, but i have not had the time to do so, maybe in the future i will.

Btw, i have been to Djibouti like 4 times, and they got loads of somali there. I heard it (djibouti) was part of somali, until the French came in and carve out Djibouti from it lol.

I'm a Nigerian.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by somegirl1: 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
killayut: Ignorance is a disease. You fool Opobo is a corruption of Opubo and of is Ijaw. King Jaja was just and adopted child of the Ijaws. .He led Ijaw people and not Igbo people.His warrious were Ijaws and they came from Bonny.That's why they are Ijaws. OBAMA is Kenyan does not make USA a Kenyan land.

I've found that people who lack strong enough argument tend to resort to unnecessary insults to attempt to mask their deficiencies.

You provided links mentioning a Bini man to be the father of Ndoni people. I haven't totally dismissed that possibility.
However, you have failed to answer the important questions which insults won't divert attention from.
Unlike you, I really do want to learn rather than argue based on sentiment.

I would be grateful if you would be kind enough to address the following questions one by one.

1. Who did he and his fellow migrants (if any) marry?

2. Why did a Bini man name his children (first generation Bini immigrants) Igbo names?

3. How did their language and culture become unmistakeably Igbo?

4. If they mainly kept to themselves (assuming there were so many of them and they didn't need to intermarry with the natives or neighbours), shouldn't they presently speak a dialect of Bini or at least be bilingual rather than speak an Igbo dialect, intelligible to any Igbo speaker?

5. Who were the original inhabitants of the area they presently occupy?

6. And why are they "RIGHT now" Igbo instead of one of the several ethnic groups in Rivers and Bayelsa states? They are after all as close geographically to Igbos in Imo state as they are to Ijaws in Bayelsa state.

7. Why the double standards? Same should apply to Opobo people. They should all be Igbo because their founding father was Igbo.
The only difference between the story of Jaja and that of the mythological Bini founding father is that one was "adopted" and the other ran away from home, which is irrelevant
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
some-girl:

I've found that people who lack strong enough argument tend to resort to unnecessary insults to attempt to mask their deficiencies.

You provided links mentioning a Bini man to be the father of Ndoni people. I haven't totally dismissed that possibility.
However, you have failed to answer the important questions which insults won't divert attention from. Unlike you, I really do want to learn rather than argue based on sentiment.

I would be grateful if you would be kind enough to address the following questions one by one.

1. Who did he and his fellow migrants (if any) marry?

2. Why did a Bini man name his children (first generation Bini immigrants) Igbo names?

3. How did their language and culture become unmistakeably Igbo?

4. If they mainly kept to themselves (assuming there were so many of them and they didn't need to intermarry with the natives or neighbours), shouldn't they presently speak a dialect of Bini or at least be bilingual rather than speak an Igbo dialect, intelligible to any Igbo speaker?

5. Who were the original inhabitants of the area they presently occupy?

6. And why are they "RIGHT now" Igbo instead of one of the several ethnic groups in Rivers and Bayelsa states? They are after all as close geographically to Igbos in Imo state as they are to Ijaws in Bayelsa state.

7. Why the double standards? Same should apply to Opobo people. They should all be Igbo because their founding father was Igbo.
The only difference between the story of Jaja and that of the mythological Bini founding father is that one was "adopted" and the other ran away from home, which is irrelevant

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO GO AGAINST WHAT A people claim to be. The Igbos do so all the time just because they want the land of a people. The people say this is what they are and that should be final.iF YOU WANT TO LEARN, YOU SHOULD LEARN AND stop arguing unnecessarily. OPOBO was founded by Ijaw people of the OPUBO Pepple ( Perekule ) Ijaw family headed by the adopted son JUBO JUBOGHA (JAJA ) which in Ijaw means no one own the person.. . In our Ijaw culture adopted children who we call OMONI APU are given equal right and made bona fide citizens and we have thousands of such people among us in the EASTERN IJAW.Their Igbo names were changed and Ijaw names given to them in a a ritual . and they all claim Ijaws just as an IGBO migrant in USA would claim to be AMERICAN.. Our land is not Igbo land although we have adopted a lot of Igbos and JAJA was one of them.
You would not ask a JAMAICAN why he is speaking English and has English name. And you wont dispute the fact that Jamaicans are AFRICANS . WHAT if a JAMAICAN claim his land is ARAWAK and he is ARAWAK and not AFRICAN or ENGLISH ? Reason it that way and understand why some Igbo speaking people would claim to be Bini.. I am not Ndoni and I did not create their web site. They claim so and we have no right to dispute that claim... Igbos have been claiming to be Jews after all and have been using different kind of logic and proves.

Between Hausa and Fulani who owns KANO ? and Between Hausa , FuLANi and Katab who own KADUNA city ? Between Fulani and Berom who own Jos ? What about Illorin, Between Fulani and Yoruba who owns it ? When you consider all these you ll understand the situations in Ndoni..
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by somegirl1: 8:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
killayut:

I hope you are not mistaken Ndoni for NDOKI ? If you want to learn ,open your brain and reason and understand. There has never been a site from me that depict NDOKI to have been founded by Bini people. NDONI however was founded by Bini people according to the NDONI people themselves. I hope you wont consider JAMAICANS TO BE ENGLISH cos they speak English. yOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO GO AGAINST WHAT A people claim to be. The Igbos do so all the time just because they want the land of a people. The people say this is what they are and that should be final.iF YOU WANT TO LEARN, YOU SHOULD LEARN AND stop arguing unnecessarily. Today Ndoki is not even in Ijaw map and we do not claim them. But for the sake of knowledge and going by their history NDOKI was founded by Ijaw people and settled enmass by NGWA and AROCHUKWU people. OPOBO was founded by Ijaw people of the OPUBO Pepple ( Perekule ) Ijaw family headed by the adopted son JUBO JUBOGHA (JAJA ) which in Ijaw means no one own is another person.. . In our Ijaw culture adopted children who we call OMONI APU are given equal right and made bona fide citizens and we have thousands of such people among us in the EASTERN IJAW.. and they all claim Ijaws just as an IGBO migrant in USA would claim to be AMERICAN.. Our land is not Igbo land although we have adopted a lot of Igbos and JAJA was one of them.

As usual, you've gone off point.
I don't believe the letter "k" has featured in the name of the people I have been conversing with you about.
You haven't addressed my questions. My brain is presently "open" to understand the answers you provide to my questions.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2013
some-girl:

As usual, you've gone off point.
I don't believe the letter "k" has featured in the name of the people I have been conversing with you about.
You haven't addressed my questions. My brain is presently "open" to understand the answers you provide to my questions.

Don't rush me.. take your time and allow some mistakes to be corrected.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Naima00: 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2013
Aringarosa:

Wow That's nice!

Kaale...lol. I have been invited by one of my Somali friend to visit Haregesa, but i have not had the time to do so, maybe in the future i will.

Btw, i have been to Djibouti like 4 times, and they got loads of somali there. I heard it (djibouti) was part of somali, until the French came in and carve out Djibouti from it lol.

I'm a Nigerian.

I hope you're able to visit Hargeysa when you have the chance, thats my home town so let me know what you think if you do wink yes Djibouti was part of Somalia just like Somaliland and Ogadenia but each were colonised by a different nation. Djibouti-France, Somaliland-British ,Somalia-Italy And of course Ogadenia is still part of Ethipopia.Having said that they have always had their own identity throughout. How are you finding it over there in Ethiopia?
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by somegirl1: 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
killayut:

Don't rush me.. take your time and allow some mistakes to be corrected.

ok, I'm waiting.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 01, 2013
Naima00: Those are exactly the same reasons I love about those tribes too.

Would it possible for you to link please, i'm still trying to figure out the forum,lol!

here it is sis.

https://www.nairaland.com/51356/nairobi-photos-kenya-beautiful-east

lately I have been listening to a lot of east African music.
Another member here (somalia10) introduced me to dhaanto. I like it a lot!! cheesy

my favorite dhaanto singer is Cali Bashiir.
Anyway, I learned that dhaanto is literally poetry that talks about politics, history, culture, etc. Of course I do not understand a word of it lol but it's still soothing. Do you have any other artists or songs you can recommend? smiley

Aringarosa:

I've been working here close to a year now, but i have not had the chance to visit up until now, due to work related issues. The natives are very friendly. There are loads of interesting places to visit, you 'll definitely love it if and when you decided to visit.

Im excited!! lol.
I'm on the other side of the planet and would love to see what other parts of the world have to offer. I envy you oo! grin Hopefully one day you can post some pictures of your journey so I can see what is to come. Anyway, I am glad you have had a pleasant experience. I remember reading that the Afar people were "hostile" at times and that other groups in East Africa were also a bit xenophobic to outsiders. I guess it's safe to say that that's not exactly true. smiley
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 01, 2013
Lmao at the new state of the thread. grin

There are gazillion of threads on nl about the same topic you lot have been spamming this thread with - why can't you move your back-and-forth there? smfdh. undecided
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2013
Well if it pains you sir un-derail it and post your appreciation for another tribe/ethnic group.
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Naima00: 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2013
*Kails*:

here it is sis.

https://www.nairaland.com/51356/nairobi-photos-kenya-beautiful-east

lately I have been listening to a lot of east African music.
Another member here (somalia10) introduced me to dhaanto. I like it a lot!! cheesy

my favorite dhaanto singer is Cali Bashiir.
Anyway, I learned that dhaanto is literally poetry that talks about politics, history, culture, etc. Of course I do not understand a word of it lol but it's still soothing. Do you have any other artists or songs you can recommend? smiley

I'm glad you like it. It's originally a Ogaaden clan folk dance that has now been given more modern sounds. This is the traditional way it is performed. what ya think?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbHxOtHmjhA Dhaanto is a beautiful dance especially if you see the authentic dance. I opened another thread a couple of days ago https://www.nairaland.com/1338418/tell-me-culture-what-common where I posted some other somali dances and wanted to see other's also but unfortunately haven't got to see other dances yet. Take a look and I'll try to find some other singer's for you. were you thinking of more traditional songs or modern music?
Re: What Are The Things You Like About Other Ethnic Groups And Tribes? by Nobody: 1:20am On Jul 02, 2013
Naima00: I'm glad you like it. It's originally a Ogaaden clan folk dance that has now been given more modern sounds. This is the traditional way it is performed. what ya think?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbHxOtHmjhA Dhaanto is a beautiful dance especially if you see the authentic dance. I opened another thread a couple of days ago https://www.nairaland.com/1338418/tell-me-culture-what-common where I posted some other somali dances and wanted to see other's also but unfortunately haven't got to see other dances yet. Take a look and I'll try to find some other singer's for you. were you thinking of more traditional songs or modern music?

yeah I saw that video too.
I like both the traditional and modern forms of dhaanto.
again I don't understand the language so the music videos kind of make it easy to understand what the theme is but either way its a beautiful form of dance. smiley I will check out your thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River / Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri / Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates His 77th Birthday With Youngest Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.