Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? (2114 Views)

Why Do Atheist Hate Something That Doesn' Exit. / Why Do Atheist Hate Only The "Christian God"? / In Whose Name Do Atheist Swear In Court? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by ihustler(m): 1:01am On Jun 23, 2012
Can any atheist in d house give a word of their explanation of magic? Pls gv details so as to win a soul to ur dwindling numbers!
Re: What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by mkmyers45(m): 1:15am On Jun 23, 2012
ihustler: Can any atheist in d house give a word of their explanation of magic? Pls gv details so as to win a soul to ur dwindling numbers!
LMAO

1 Like

Re: What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by ZUBY77(m): 4:30am On Jun 23, 2012
ihustler: Can any atheist in d house give a word of their explanation of magic? Pls gv details so as to win a soul to ur dwindling numbers!

If You really think deconverting you gives us sleepless nights, better think again. We are merely trying to free your mind from the cobweb of indoctrination. It is your choice.

1 Like

Re: What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 23, 2012
see what religion does to the mind...everything is about winning souls...

What exactly do you mean by Magic?
Re: What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by ihustler(m): 3:04pm On Jun 23, 2012
d word magic is exactly wat is on examination here or does it imply dat not all atheists r as smart as they usually want people to believe!
Re: What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by joe4christ(m): 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2012
[size=15pt] To all the atheist in here, you just answer the OP's questions and stop derailing the thread cos it seems that's what you know how to do best each time you come across a mentally challenging questions which seems to debunk your widest idealogies and perception. [/size]
Re: What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2012
Well, ask Criss Angel then...
*pours holy water on thread*

2 Likes

Re: What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by Avicenna: 3:52pm On Jun 23, 2012
ihustler: d word magic is exactly wat is on examination here or does it imply dat not all atheists r as smart as they usually want people to believe!
Whatever.
Magic TRICKS are ofcourse possible.
I know one Alfa whose magic is to deceive people with dubious predictions.
I know one whose specialty is for curse. He can curse you eh. Funny thing, he will mix up the curses, cover all grounds. Sooner or later, one of them will catch yougrin
Jokes apart. Supernatural magics are fairytales. If someone cast a spell on you and it starts working immediately, he has drugged you before. Trust me, I know.

PS- drop the condescension.
Re: What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by Avicenna: 3:56pm On Jun 23, 2012
joe4christ: [size=15pt] To all the atheist in here, you just answer the OP's questions and stop derailing the thread cos it seems that's what you know how to do best each time you come across a mentally challenging questions which seems to debunk your widest idealogies and perception. [/size]

Debunk indeed!!
Now, go ahead and claim your God is a magician......in a circus.
Re: What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by vescucci(m): 11:58am On Jun 24, 2012
The question is for lack of a better word....not very smart. It's like asking what does a Muslim think of Thor. Is Magic some kinda irrefutable truth? Everybody knows magic tricks are just that, TRICKS. 'Real magic' is just science that is not yet understood.
Re: What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by ihustler(m): 4:45pm On Jun 28, 2012
@Vescucci

Mind you the question is not as dumb as you are. It is directed at Nigerians who claim to be atheist without having a clear understanding of the fundamentals of being one. Since we all believe there is magic in spite of the fact that some claim magic trick is magic but the generally accepted fact is that there is Magic Black or White..so the question is with what powers do magicians not tricksters perform their magic?
Re: What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by vescucci(m): 10:15am On Jun 30, 2012
You're the one who has accepted that magic exists. Besides, any atheist can argue that he simply does not believe in God and say he believes there are supernatural occurrences. This is not a very good argument but it suffices to refute what you're saying. I don't how you came to believe it is generally accepted that there is real magic, black or white. That's just your belief along with a multitude of others and not atheists. If someone claims to be atheist but it not displaying atheistic beliefs and characteristics, that's his problem and not the problem of atheism.

I'm not an atheist by the way. But I have no problems with them
Re: What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 30, 2012
ihustler: @Vescucci

Mind you the question is not as dumb as you are. It is directed at Nigerians who claim to be atheist without having a clear understanding of the fundamentals of being one. Since we all believe there is magic in spite of the fact that some claim magic trick is magic but the generally accepted fact is that there is Magic Black or White..so the question is with what powers do magicians not tricksters perform their magic?
you've been told magic is just tricks and illusions from my end and its only criss angel types ive seen done these tricks on t.v.what you term "supernatural" is just science man will come to understand.you show us proof of magic, not dem say dem say and ill convert.
Re: What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:49pm On Oct 11, 2012
I will for once stoop as low as Christian folks when asked a question like this .. hey Christian zealots, what do you think about FAITH.. it is the bedrock of God's unfathomable gift to man and his own innate powers abi. it has been demonstrated countless times throughout the Bible. now explain faith and prove it under lab conditions. cause a dead man to rise from the dead with nothing but faith. practically. we can engage all NL Christians in this exercise grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by vescucci(m): 3:05pm On Oct 11, 2012
^^^Lol. What are you exactly, Lager?
Re: What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
vescucci: ^^^Lol. What are you exactly, Lager?
grin grin grin its early friday
Re: What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by plaetton: 4:03pm On Oct 11, 2012
To my grandma, the cell phone is the greatest magic that oyinbo has ever conjured.

It is still magic when you see a 747 jumbo jet or An Airbus A-380 take off and land.

Do you know the kind of precise magic or sorcery that it takes to shoot a rocket from a nasa base on earth and have it land at an exact spot some 500 million miles away in mars? It is much easier to shoot an arrow from a village in Imo State and have it hit the bulls eye in a remote village in Australia.
That is magic.
What other magic are you referring to, and what does it have to do with atheism?
Re: What Do Atheist Think Of Magic? by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 12, 2012
Well magic is simply illusion, hypnotism and so on. They are pure works of art and science used to manipulate and baffle the human mind.
For more on this u can do some research on derren brown, penn and teller, chris angels and the list goes on.

(1) (Reply)

I Impregnanted Her, Now I Hav Christ. Wat Do I Do Wit D Girl Nd Pregnancy / The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality / The True Meaning Of Easter Celebration...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.